[E.M.A.] E.M.A. Sidequest

Jade blushed softly as she snapped out of her thoughts and realized he'd inched closer in his concentration. "Uh.... just my wrists..." she muttered softly shifting the sleeves to her Jacket up slightly. Sure enough both of her slim wrists and some of her forearms were bruised up pretty badly

Adam, strangely enough, didn't seem nearly as awkward as he had been around her. He took one of her arms lightly in his hand, his fingertips brushing over the bruising. "There's not much I can do about these... I do have some painkillers, if you'd want them." he said, his touch surprisingly light. It was interesting, how machinery could be so tactile and responsive.

"It doesn't hurt much at all really" she reassured "Hey... how were you able to get up on the ceiling like that?" she asked remembering back to the hotel but also trying to divert his worrying. She really was fun and had survived worse.

"Only if you're sure." he said, his fingertips drifting lightly along her hand before he pulled his hands away. "Oh, special little trick I've got." he said, holding up a hand. Tiny barbs suddenly flicked into place along his fingertips. "Hooks. If I'm ever in a ship or somewhere with metal walls, I use electromagnets in my hands and feet to do the same thing." he said with a small smile.

"Ah, that's amazing." She smiled slightly not really able to grin fully but the excitement still shined in her eyes. She touched the barbs on his hand slightly really amazed at how functional his arms were on a biological and technical level.

He smiled a little, the feeling of her fingertips on his a pleasant one. "One of the perks of being a quadruple amputee, I guess." he joked, chuckling a bit. After a few moments he sighed a bit. "I'm sorry I had to drag you into my problems, Jade." he said with a small frown. "I'm just glad you didn't end up getting hurt worse."

She chuckled softly as well letting her hand linger on his. "It certainly gives you some useful tools for a tight spot." she pointed out. She shook hr head as he apologized. "Technically you were drawn into our trouble when the senate assigned you to us." she smiled slightly. Important part is we both go out safely."

He retracted the barbs, enjoying the warmth of her skin on his palm. "I suppose you're right. We're both safe, that's what counts." He wasn't sure what he would do if she got seriously injured or killed because of him. His mind wandered, his fingertips pressed lightly to hers. He had just met this girl, but there was something about her that just captivated him.

Jade smiled slightly and nodded enjoying the cool metal which did help with the bruising slightly. "So is there anything else you can do with your prosthetic?" She asked curious as to what other surprises he had up his sleeve.

Adam smirked a bit at that. "Well... This set of limbs is mainly used for subterfuge and infiltration. Data crackers, barbs, communication jammers, poison darts. That sort of stuff. I have another set of arms that's more for direct combat. They rarely ever get any use, honestly." he smiled a bit. "I like using these most, honestly." He lightly traced her bruises, pressing the cool metal of his palm to the area lightly.

Jade shivered slightly but didn't mind the cold so much. "That's really amazing and useful." she complimented finding the Agent more and more fascinating. "You have another set of arms just for combat though? it must be painful changing them though...?" she asked wondering how on earth one could just change out their arms. It would make sense to some extent but was still an odd thought.

He shook his head. "I can turn off the pain sensors at will. I can switch out any of my damaged parts without much trouble." he said, smiling. "Hey... How do the bruises feel? I'm trying to do the best I can." he said with a small chuckle. "Horrific battle wounds I could stitch up all day. I'm completely clueless when it comes to a bruise."

"Ah that's right." she muttered remembering the pain sensors from back on the ship. "They feel a bit better. There really isn't much you can do to them short of maybe putting ice. Thanks though it is helping."

He smiled, looking down at their hands. His fingertips brushed her palm lightly, going quiet with thought. "You never really learned to fight, huh?" he asked, fingertips brushing over her knuckles lightly. It was an awkward question to ask, but he figured he'd get it out there and talk to her about it.

"Only in side a mech, out side of one how ever.... " Jade shook her head slightly. "A side from a few key moves like the punch back in the hanger." she admitted. "Wasn't exactly something you needed to know on earth or at least around the academy. I only really know how to shoot a gun from training in a mech so I usually default to stealth when it comes to missions and such."

He nodded, finally looking up from their hands, his eyes meeting hers. "That's something I'm going to have to teach you, then. Not now, obviously..." he said, smiling a little. "Once you're healed up, of course. Fighting is one of those skills that's necessary out here." His fingertips kept brushing lightly over her hand, feeling the creases and lines. It had been so long since he had flesh and blood hands, he had forgotten what they felt like.

Jade glanced down as he traced the creases of her palm almost subconsciously. She felt some light tickle of sensation but didn't say anything it was fairly interesting even for her. She met his eyes and nodded slightly "yeah I realize that..." she muttered. "It's still a bit of an adjustment... On earth there there was basically no wars or fighting. Sure there was still crime and such but even that was kept on the low end. It was far from some Utopian world but it came fairly close. Mechs were once used to fight in great wars but was reduced to a world wide sport. Just a little jarring sometimes being out here."

"I can imagine... Going from a world knowing nothing but peace, and getting thrown into a galaxy at war." he said quietly. "It's not going to be an easy transition. I'm impressed that you're doing as well as you are." he said with a small smile, glancing back down at their hands. "Don't worry, I'll teach you how to fight. I want to make sure you're safe, even if I'm not around to help."

"It hasn't been easy... but I guess being a pilot has helped a lot in terms of dealing with combat. A state of mind I usually switch into when in a match." She explained softly wondering how civilians of earth were handling the situation. Probably not as well seeing as they were slaves of a war harden army. Still Humans were adaptive and reliant only time could really tell how this chapter in humanity would affect the Terrans going forward. She smiled slightly to Adam at his promise to help her realizing he'd already helped her a lot simply by giving her some sense of normalcy again. "I'll do my best to learn, but I make no promises of how good I'll be at it."

"That's all I wanted to hear. You're not going to be great at it, at first... If you learn some basic skills and techniques, it could spell the difference between living and dying." he said, smiling a little. "Personally, I think I'd like you better alive. I don't really mind having you around." his fingers brushed hers lightly before he took her hand and gave it a gentle squeeze.

"I kind of like living as well, made it too far already to be killed." She smirked slightly squeezing his hand back. she really wasn't too sure how learning self defense was going to go down but she could admit that it was something she needed to know even if she only used it in emergencies. Still she planned to never go anywhere with out her gun from then on even if things were calm. She noticed Oren and Talon did the same, not with all their weapons but they usually had one or two on them. "Kind of understand what you mean now by keeping your guard up in public now though."

Adam chuckled a bit, a small smile on his face as she squeezed his hand. Suddenly there was a beeping from the console, and Adam turned to see what it was. Sure enough, it was a message from the Senate. "Alright, it looks like we have another recon mission. We're going to be meeting up with the rest of Oren's crew at a rendezvous point just outside of the operation zone." he said, turning to take control of the ship again. "We're meeting them at a space station in orbit around the planet Karth."

Jade shifted to the front of the ship as Adam went over the message. "Guess it was a good thing we had to take off then." She smirked slightly. "What are the chances the security has been increased since the last mission.?" She asked curiously. A little sad that they had to go back to doing missions but it was to be expected.

He shrugged a bit. "I'm not sure. We're not going to be sabotaging another recruitment station this time. This time we need to keep an eye on a target. See where he goes, what he does. That's why we need everyone in on this, we'll need people stationed around the town to keep watch." he said, inputting new directional coordinates.

"Ah Alright should be interesting..." she muttered softly sitting in the passenger seat once more. wondering if she should find some kind of cold pack to put on her face. Elias was going to be irritable to begin with. no reason to give him even more of a reason to be pissed"Any information the target?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back