[E.M.A.] E.M.A. Sidequest

He looked outside and nodded. "Nothing wrong with sleeping in." he said with a small smirk. Yawning hugely he stretched again, swinging his legs over the edge and standing. He cracked his back and turned to face her, smiling. "What's the plan for today?" he asked.

Jade ran her fingers through her hair getting out a few snarls and knots "Um? Not sure... we could ride around and see if we find anything." she muttered looking over to him. "Could also do a few laps around the track." she smirked slightly. "Try to even the score a little bit." she chuckled softly.

Adam smirked a bit at that. "Alright, sounds like fun. I need to get you back for beating me as badly as you did." he teased, moving to the door. "I'm going to go get dressed." he said, turning back to look at her for a moment. A tiny smile teased the corners of his lips before he walked out, closing the door behind him. He let out a happy little sigh as he went over to his room to get dressed.

He was in a fantastic mood, and it showed after he got dressed and was in the kitchen making coffee for the both of them. He was smiling almost nonstop, and if she listened carefully she might hear him humming a soft tune.

Jade returned the small smile feeling the fluttering in her stomach again but she felt at ease something she hadn't for a long while. Jade got up and opted to take a shower to help wash away the last of her grogginess. After her shower she dressed in the riding gear and pulled her hair back into its usually pony tail. She stared at her self in the mirror seeing a noticeable change from the days before she didn't nearly as tired or frayed not did she feel it. There was also a lot more life in her eyes. She didn't quite feel like her old self, then again she probably wouldnt again too much had happened but that didn't mean she couldn't make the best of things.

Jade packed her clothes away back into her bag before heading out of her room and into the living area once. She could head a faint humming and couldn't help a small smile. "Should we order break fast or just grab something on the way?"

Adam glanced over at her and grinned. "Whichever you'd prefer. I'm sure we could find something good on the way." he said, handing her a coffee. He watched her face for a few moments, smiling. "You look like this little break's done you good. I can already tell you feel better." he said, sipping at his coffee. "You look like an all new person. I rather like it."

Jade accepted the coffee and thanked him softly before taking a sip. "I do feel a lot better. Then again getting more then 3-4 hours of sleep can make a big difference." She chuckled taking another sip. "I think the trip did us both some good. You look like you in a much better mood as well." she pointed out.

"That's good to hear. If you ever need help sleeping... I don't mind helping." he said, the last part a bit quiet. He cleared his throat a bit and smiled. "I'm feeling much better. That break was exactly what I-" he said, suddenly stopping. He had a tense look on his face for a few moments as he looked over at the door. There it was again, the sound that made him stop in the first place. Whispering. He moved over to her and pulled her out of line of sight of the door slowly, gently tugging on her arm. "Someone's outside. Quiet." he whispered, his eyes glued on the door.

Jade tilted her head slightly when Adam suddenly stopped talking and shifted her gaze to the door where he was looking. She wasn't sure why he stopped but it couldn't have been a good reason. She didn't fight him when he tugged on her arms but she did feel anxiety twist in her stomach at the mention of someone being out side. She cursed silently for leaving her guns in the room which basically left her with out a weapon. "I'm guessing its not hotel staff..." she whispered softly edging slightly further away from the door.

He looked over at her and shook his head slightly at her comment, turning his eyes back to the door. It was only a few moments until he heard clicking in the lock, and knew that someone was trying to break in. "Stay behind the counter." he said, moving over towards the door. In one swift, silent move he jumped, latching onto the ceiling on all fours, assisted by small anchor points in his fingers. He moved quickly to just above the door just when it swung open, and four masked men stalked inside. He stayed stuck to the ceiling just until the last of them were inside, dropping to the ground behind them silently. His blades suddenly slid out of his arms, resting the tips on the back of two of them men's necks. "You boys wanna tell me what you're doing here?" he asked, causing them to jump in surprise. One of the men pulled a gun on him, but before he could level it off Adam kicked him and sent him flying across the room. "Jade! Get his gun!" he yelled out, as the other two turned and pulled knives on him.

Jade ducked behind the counter as Adam moved feeling her heart racing in her chest. She noticed him suddenly on the ceiling and was baffled on how the heck he was able to do that. Before she could contemplate it the door opened and she couched low making sure to stay out of sight. She heard Adam speak up but didn't look next thing she knew a man was sent flying across the room. Jade scrambled to her feet and went to grabbed the mans gun but as soon as she got a hold of it her wrist was grabbed by the thug. She bit back a small whimper as the guys grip was painfully tight in his iron hard grasp. Still she gritted her teeth and tried swinging for his face only to have her other wrist grabbed as well. "Shit..." She thought trying to pull away. The thug only chuckled standing up to full height. "Well aren't you a pretty one" He sneered. Jade tried not to panic and fire the tun but couldn't get it on target with anything since he was basically over powering her.

Not really one to give in easily Jade tried a different method and instead wen't for a cheep shot and kicked him between the legs. The kick landed home but it seemed this guy was no strange to such abuse he grunted hunching over slightly. She felt her unarmed had released but before she could tried to pull away the back of the thugs hand collided with her face and hard. her body jerked one way but was quickly yanked back and locked with the hugs arm wrapped around her pinning her arms to her side. the gun at some point had been pried from her hands. Jade head spun a bit and she stated blood no doubt from a busted bottom lip. The thug whistled over to get Adams attention as he literally held Jade at gun point.

Adam fought off the other three, managing to slit one's throat and get the other by the back of the neck. He heard the whistle and looked over, his eyes narrowing dangerously. "Get your hands off of her." he growled, suddenly snapping the neck of the thug he had hold of. He let the corpse drop to the ground with a heavy thud, staring at the man who was holding Jade. "You have until the count of three to let her go and throw yourself out that window before I do it myself." he growled.

The thug just smirked slightly not taking the taunts too seriously he know the agent was dangerous but not stupid. "I don't think I'll be going any where. You on the other hand." Jade gritted her teeth but didn't move not really sure how much of a trigger finger the thug had and had not intention's of getting shot. She tensed as soon as she felt the gun shift but it wasn't at her instead the gun was turned to Adam. Fear shot through her and Jade acted more out of desperation than any real thought as as she swung her leg and back kicked into the thugs shin. The impact was enough to cause the Thug to jolt and his aim to be off as he fired not by much but just enough to miss.

The moment the gun was pointed at him he dropped to the ground, the bullet tearing past him. In that same instant he shot forward, closing the gap between them in a blur. Grabbing the thug's arm he yanked him off balance, using his other hand to twist the thug's arm until it snapped. Twice. He yanked the thug off of Jade, using the momentum to change his grip to the man's throat. The mechanical hand began to clamp down, closing off the man's windpipe. Adam didn't let him go until he finally stopped twitching.

Adam dropped the corpse and sighed, turning to her. "Are you alright?" he asked, a concerned look on his face. She was banged up pretty good. "You know... I think we might have worn out our welcome." he said jokingly.

"I think so.." she muttered softly still a bit in shock of what happened and how quickly it was over with thankfully both of them more or less intact. She could feel the side of her face still stinging a good bit but tried not to pay much attention to it. There really was no telling if these four were just the first wave. "Yeah... I think your right. Should we just leave these guys here though?"

He gently cradled her head in his hands, looking at her injuries. He frowned, kicking himself for letting her get hurt. "Let's just get our things and get out of here. I don't want anyone else showing up." he said, frowning. "I'm sorry. They came after me, and you got hurt because of that."

Her cheek was already starting to show signs of bruising and swelling and there was a slight cut on her bottom lip but thankfully no bones had been broken. Jade winced slightly but for the most part was okay. The nerves that had twisted up her stomach started to unwind and ease as Adam held her and she relaxed lightly. It was a wonder how he could ease her anxiety, at fist she thought it was has odd quirk with metal but she was starting to think there was something else in the works. "It's to be expected when working for the Senate." she shrug slightly "Not the first time I've been attacked. I should have kept my guns on me really..." she muttered softly. She knew her wrist were most likely bruised up as well but they really didn't have time to linger in the room. "We should get going though."

Adam was obviously concerned, his fingers lingering on her face for just a moment longer before he sighed deeply. "Yes, this is normal when working for the senate. That doesn't mean I have to like it." he said, turning to go back to his room and grab his things. He was in and out quickly, heading for the door. He had a nasty knot in his stomach, which seemed to tighten with guilt whenever he looked at her injuries.

Jade went to her room and grabbed up her bags and helmet before returning to the main room again slinging her bag on her back before looking up. She could tell he was worried about her and no doubt felt bad for involving her in his trouble but it was the price payed for being an agent. She forced a small smile which stung a but she pushed it a side. "I'm fine." She reassured before following Adam out making sure to keep an eye our for any other thugs or suspicious looking Aliens."

"You may be, but that's not going to stop me from getting you cleaned up when we get back to the ship." he said with a small smile, making his way down the elevator and out of the building. Once they were outside he went to their bikes, making sure to check them in case of any explosives or foul play. After a few minutes of checking he was satisfied that they were safe, climbing on his bike and starting it up. He didn't want to waste any time getting back to the ship, they were exposed sitting outside like this.

Jade helped Adam check over the bikes to be sure that there weren't tampered with. She couldn't help but look around every once around a bit on the paranoid side now since she new they could be attacked at any time. Once deemed safe she stashed her bag in the compartment and pulled her helmet on carefully. She zipped just behind Adam in just of a rush as he was to get back to the ship. Thankfully the bikes were easy to navigate around traffic and basically by pass most of it by driving between the cars on the the median. Thankfully the trip was short and with out incident.

As they neared the ship, Adam lowered the loading bay door. He drove his bike smoothly up the ramp, waiting for her to be inside before closing it again. "Alice, power up the shields and run a scan for any foreign objects that may have been placed on the ship." The computer chirped quietly, doing as he commanded. He sighed deeply, looking over at her. Fixing her up would have to wait until they were in the hyperspace lanes. The computer relayed a negative on anything attached to the ship, and he climbed into the cockpit and started the ship up. In a matter of moments they were rocketing away from the planet, safe in space.

Adam sighed heavily. "I was really looking forward to beating your winning streak, too..." he said, turning to her. He grabbed a medipack off the wall, motioning for her to sit across from him. "Let me look at you. You don't want those to get infected."

Jade glanced around the ship once they were on nearly forgetting it had one. She sighed softly once they were in hyper space nerves making the jump a little more nauseating than before but she was able to adjust. She glanced over to Adam as he spoke up seeing he had calmed a fair bit now that they were in space instead of on land. "I guess I'll just keep my winning steak till the next time we race." she smirked slightly then moved over to the seat across from him knowing he probably wouldn't stop worrying until she was taken care of.

Adam chuckled a bit, dabbing a piece of gauze with some antiseptic. "Alright. But the next time we race, I'm not going to lose." he said, one hand gently holding her head still, the other dabbing at the open cut on her lip. He seemed to be focused, he wanted to make sure he didn't end up accidentally hurting her.

"We'll see when the time comes." She teased back. She winced slightly as he started cleaning the cut on her lip as it stung but kept still as he worked. She couldn't help but watch him as he concentrated feeling a bit of the flutters again though not as bad as before. She studied his face noticing that his eyes were ever so slight miss matched in color something she hadn't noticed before. Guess sometimes even science can't match nature completely.

He was so intent on what he was doing, he didn't realize that his face was just a few inches from hers. Until he looked up, his eyes locking with hers. He paused for a moment, unable to find his voice for a few seconds. "Are you hurt anywhere else?" he asked, his voice surprisingly quiet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back