• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Duality [Interest Check] [Open]

I'll try to get a post up asap, I promised I'd post in another rp right now so once im done i'll post here

Did it really "crash and burn," or did you just fail to update it or keep your players informed? If you actually want to remake this, I would at least internalize why the original didn't work, lmfao.

B Blink the main reasons why this didn't work was 1) yes I'm lazy 2) there were way too many people 3) most of these people didn't bother to actually do shit

I can't help 1 and 3, but I can try and limit 2.

The best way to encourage player initiative -- regarding your third reason -- is to give characters objectives from the beginning that don't require them to wait around. So I'd recommend kick-starting the plot immediately rather than wait to kick-start the plot, because the former is what your audience is going to expect. And if you want to build suspense before an inciting event, as the leader you're responsible for inciting engagement, so do that, either through a paragon character of your own that unites the cast, or targeted events that nudge players in the direction you want. For example, if a character wanders off from everyone else and that's not what you want to happen, have the environment be a dangerous one, one the character wouldn't want to be left alone in; create obstacles within the environment that the character can't reasonably traverse; introduce an antagonist that the character couldn't reasonably surmount. And introduce all these elements as immediately as possible: set up the setting just as an author would to immerse readers, and that'll inform players of what they can and can't do. Then it's on them whether they "act" or not, for there's opportunity to.

And if you're simply lethargic -- regarding your first reason -- and you like the idea without having the motivation to carry it to fruition, find someone who can. Don't force yourself to game master if you don't have it in you, because it's ultimately a leadership position.

Literally Batman Literally Batman You can restrict how many people join and what characters do, like Blink said but everyone was waiting for you to get the plot moving along since the story is in your head, we don't know where to go from the beginning. I think it was a fantastic idea for a roleplay so I'm a little disappointed that it didn't carry out because you were "lazy". Also if you do reboot it you need to learn how to keep people informed since I had to hear from my partner that it started, and I was oblivious to it. Tagging people really helps since it lets people know what's going on when there's such thing as adding an extra page or starting the roleplay. With your third reason, it was because you gave no direction whatsoever. I really liked the idea but maybe you were the person who shouldn't of attempted to carry this out.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back