• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Dragon Prince: Divining the Dark [Closed]

Soren’s brows knitted together as Alette spoke of the Moonshadow assassins, which she seemed to internally struggle with. No, he knew that wasn’t right. That wasn’t what the whole episode was over. It also involved the Queen of Evenere, but he didn’t know why.

Something his father could hurt her with, and it was why Alette said she didn’t want them together.

But Soren didn’t feel right in trying to keep them apart unless he knew what was going on exactly.

“I think you wanted to interrupt them,” Soren spoke, trying to recall everything that she had said. “You said you wanted to keep them apart, because my father is keeping something from Queen Farah that would hurt her.” He spoke softly, like someone trying to not startle a fawn. “Do you remember that?”

~~~

While Farah enjoyed having control, she also just as much enjoyed the play of battling for that control, and the pleasure that is brought to her upon relinquishing that control. Well, after gentle teasing and brief denial that only left her craving for more.

Maybe she should give up control more often, if it meant such pleasure. It felt great to simply just…let go and allow someone else to take charge.

And Viren certainly knew how to do that and then some.

In the afterglow, Farah rested partly on top of Viren, partly on the bed, their limbs entwined, as the pleasurable haze still lingered in her mind. She chuckled at Viren’s words, her fingers lightly tracing invisible patterns on his chest. “Well, you are certainly welcome to feast anytime you wish.”

Oh how she wanted that wicked mouth of his on her again.

“And while I enjoy a stimulating game of chess, I think I found something else stimulating that I would prefer to do in the evenings with you.”

‘Wanted to interrupt them?’

Alette’s brows knit together. Why would she want to interrupt them? Why would she tell Soren that? What did Viren do that would hurt Farah? ‘Why can’t I remember?’ Well, there was an obvious answer to that, especially considering who she was dealing with, but why? ‘Because you were hindering him.’ Why was she hindering him? What had he done?

Nothing came to mind. Just a terrible sense of unease as she shifted her posture and looked away from Soren. The uncertainty was terrible and it nagged at her. “Soren, I don’t remember,” she confessed, because it was true. She didn’t want to immediately jump to blaming Viren for that, partially because this was his son, but mostly because she had no proof of any wrongdoing other than what Soren was suggesting.

And he didn’t know, because she hadn’t told him what.

If she went to Viren with accusations, he’d deepen whatever he’d done to her. She had to keep him unaware that she’d been…reminded she had forgotten. At least it wasn’t that long ago. “I…I need to see Samir,” she shook her head to try and dispel the thought. “Come with me.” Better not to be alone.

Better to keep Soren in the loop, in case this continued to happen. It wasn’t impacting him, after all.

“Please?”

~***~

Viren would certainly take Farah up on that offer in the future. In the very near future, if he had any say over that…which he wasn’t sure he would. Interruptions and war were a constant problem, but he would still see her more often than not, given her continued visits for chess. And now for other lessons not strictly related to combat…or related at all.

He brushed his lips over her temple as she spoke of preferences, chuckling lowly in his throat, “I think I would prefer it, too,” at least, most evenings. He did still enjoy just talking with her over a calming game of chess, but no one said they couldn’t have both.

“I suppose you’re going to have to return to your own tent, though, aren’t you?” he didn’t enjoy that idea. It would have been nice to have her stay, and the grip he had on her did tighten with that thought. He didn’t want to have to let her go, but he understood well enough what this was, and how this would look.

Farah would have to return.

Right now, there couldn’t be too many hints of a budding romance. Oh, in the future, certainly. Even during the course of this war – but right now, after only a few days from her sister’s passing? It wouldn’t look too good for either of them, but mostly her. People frowned on such movements.

Last edited:
Soren was worried that he somehow…remembered the scene from the previous night incorrectly. Alette looked even more confused. Sure, he could be a bit…absentminded, and he could admit that sometimes he gets confused easily. But this he was sure of, since it involved his father!

He wanted to further insist that that was what she said when she admitted that she didn’t remember. It couldn’t be because of poor memory, right? But then again, he didn’t know Alette all that well. Maybe her memory was that poor.

“Maybe I’m the one not quite remembering what you said,” he chuckled halfheartedly, rubbing the back of his neck. But it was a lie. Soren was sure!

With the mention of her needing to visit Lord Samir, he raised a brow and nodded. “Okay, I will.” She seemed to…really need someone with her. “Why do you need to see Lord Samir?”

~~~

Farah groaned at the mention of having to return to her tent. She wanted to remain right where she was, entangled with Viren and enjoying his company in their post-coitus glow. But he was right. She had to return sooner rather than later.

“You’re right,” she sighed, one hand sliding upwards to brush against Viren’s cheek. “If I don’t return soon enough, then Samir or Yaseen may come looking for me, and the last thing we need is for either of them to see us in such a state.” Yaseen may give her a look, but wouldn’t say anything. Samir? Oh, Samir would make his displeasure well known.

Still, she didn’t move for a few more moments, relishing the moment as it was.

Eventually, Farah did sit up with a groan, immediately missing the heat of Viren’s body. She was sure her hair needed to be fixed before she could even leave the tent. Leaving it down after being seen exiting Viren’s tent may invite too many questions.

And it would only be a distraction when they all needed to focus on the war.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back