• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Cirque de Monstres (1941) first edition

Sammy frowned at Alan.

"Hey! I'm still getting used to this whole being up late thing. Besides, I was one of the few people the department let go in order to help you."

She sighed when he mentioned that Paul could be using an alias.

"Oh, I should have thought of that. Paul and Kruger are common names."

She was frustrated with herself. There was a reason the department let her go so easily, she wasn't the best. She was learning though. Just as she was about to say something else a bright light appeared in the corner of her eye. She looked over to see a performer covering their mouth. She wondered what happened,she looked back at Alan

"Should I start going through photos? I mean it couldn't hurt."

"To much effort for little....And seriously, you didn't suspect it might be alias. How did you pass your inspector test?"He said as if annoyed before taking a puff of his cigarette and looking around. He noted the girl doing what he though was a fire eater trick. "We need to "climb the stairs." Treat it like organize crime family."

"I don't know if I'll even make it that far..." He muttered, holding the handkerchief Nora had handed him to his face firmly. Between keeping Buras hidden from the humans and Paul and his performance he had used up far too much energy today. Although, it wasn't like he had much to begin with, not after another night of no sleep.

Sammy wanted to punch Alan when he asked how she passed the test.

"I passed with flying colors thank you very much"

She grabbed a note pad and pencil out of her bag.

"Well if it is a crime family on the top is Paul, under him is Nora. We just need to find out where the other people lie on this."

She was quickly drawing a staircase on the note pad, putting Paul and Nora at the top. She wondered how everyone else fell on this graph. She got lost in her thoughts as she tried to plot the other performers on her list. 
( @Beowulf got some people waiting on you!)

"The stall workers are just pions wont know anything but there should be a manager over looking the various stall and decors. The performance seem like on the same page par any social structure."He said as if he had memorized it before hand."Getting to one of them should be priority. No first priority is coffee, its gonna be a long night."

(Sorry. Achool then golf practice. Busy days.)

Buras ignored the voices for a while, until they started to become more and more ergent. Looking down, he saw Ignis with a bloody nose and looking paniced. Panicing a little himself, he scooped up the little human, and hurried to the safest place he knew of, his cage.

Seeing both of her comrades safe, Fiona kept her eyes on the investigators. "If only I could get them into the Hall of Mirrors, then we wouldn't have any problems with them around here." She growled to herself, moving closer to them with red eyes. Climbing up a tree, she jumped from one to the next, until she was fifteen feet away. She would never move any further. "How much longer will we have to deal with this torment?"

"Aaack! Buras!" Ignis cried out loudly in shock as he was suddenly scooped ten feet off of the ground. The illusion dropped completely as he held on for dear life. Only letting out a sigh of relief when they were back in the cage. "Oh....phew...thank you so much, but please give me a warning before you do that again." He flopped down, gripping his chest as his heart beat wildly against it. "My heart can't really take surprises like that..."

"Buras sorry." he said, looking a bit abashed. He thought he was doing the right thing. Well, he did by his standards, but apparently he didn't do it all the way right.

"Oh, no. You don't need to apologize! This is all my fault, I pushed myself too far." Ignis motioned to his sorry looking state before looking up to give him an earnest smile. "You did everything right! Just scared me a bit when you picked me up."

Paul finished tending Nora's wound. He was still quite upset that a human did this to his precious. He stood up and walked to the door.

"I'm going to check on those, investigators."

He had returned to his usual cold self and walked out to the main area. As he was about to approach the investigators when he spotted Fiona in a tree.

"Ah my dear. What are you doing in that tree?"

He had seen Fiona climb and sit on things before but, never a tree

Nora watched Paul leave the trailer, she waited a minute then left herself. She picked up Danu who was slithering around.

"Come on, we need to go see if Ignis is okay."

she draped the snake over her neck and walked towards the cages. She spotted Ignis in the cage with Buras.

"Hey Ignis, having fun playing caged animal?"

She gave him a teasing smile as she stood by the door to the cage. She was relived that Buras had made it back to his cage before Paul spotted the troll out and about.

"I'm kidding, are you alright though?"

She was still worried about Ignis, when she left him he wasn't looking to well.

Sammy looked at Alan.

"Coffee sounds amazing right now."

She gestured to the food stalls. She knew it was going to be a long night, the circus usually didn't officially close until the sun was about to rise.

"I'm sure one of the food stalls has coffee. Say,"

She spotted Nora, Paul's close friend, or servant. Sammy was not quite sure, since she had heard Nora caul Paul master before.

"Do you think we might be able to get info on Paul from Nora? She is close to him and, much nicer."

She knew Nor didn't talk much to people she didn't know but, Sammy had though of a few ways to make the snake lady talk.

"Oh, hello, sir." Fiona blushed, surprised that he had spotted her so quickly. Raising one finger to her lips, she stared into his eyes. "I-I thought you were with Nora." She dropped her finger and pointed to the investigators. "I'm doing a little investigation of my own." Crossing her arms and legs, she sighed. "I'm sorry. I was only trying to help. You know how much I despise human males especially. I have little to complain about with women." Again, she thought of her childhood and how cruel humans were to her. "They just left me. At the orphanage, then the mental institution." This was supposed to be more to herself, not wanting to show how much she still thought about her past. "Finally, I just ran into the woods, where I stayed until the circus came to a nearby village." She smiled respectfully down at the ringmaster. "Thank you." She told him while moving hair behind her ear. "To truly answer your question, Master, I came up here to investigate and to think, nothing more."

"Of course Mademoiselle Nora! You know how it's been my dream of mine for a long time to play caged animal!" He gave her a weak smirk. "But in all seriousness....I've definitely been better...my nose is bleeding less, but the headache and chest ache are relentless." He ran a hand through his messy brown hair. "And to be completely honest. It's so much so that I'm even debating spending the night here with Buras rather than moving again."

He was caught off guard by her asking about Nora. He sometimes acted like a child when people asked about her. He brushed it off, he knew Nora was around and she would be upset by him getting angry.

"Not at the moment but, I assume she is around somewhere."

He nodded at Nora's comment on being abandoned. He knew that feeling, all to well. That is why Nora is around, he needed someone to care about him.

"Well my dear, if you wish to spy on the investigators go ahead."

He looked at the female investigator.

"It should not be hard to get Samantha off our tail, she is a recent graduate of the academy. So she is quite inexperienced. We only have to worry about Alan."

He knew exactly why Alan was investigating here, the women Paul had kidnapped last time was Alan's sister. Paul felt like an idiot for doing that.

Nora laughed at Ignis. he always knew how to lighten the mood. She shook her head when he said he would stay the night in the cage.

"No, I won't let you do that. Besides if anyone saw you here they might get suspicious."

When she said anyone she meant Paul and the investigators. She climbed into the cage and offered a hand to Ignis.

"Come, I will help you to your trailer, or the sitting area. Whichever you prefer."

She smiled warmly at him, she didn't think she could sleep at all knowing Ignis was locked in a cage all night.

"I really need to get some rest, soooo. Whichever one is more comfortable...although, it's not like that's going to even matter anyway." Gripping the bars of the cage with one hand and taking Nora's hand with the other he stood up shakily and with a groan. Giving her the best 'i'm fine' smile he could muster up. "And Buras, thank you so much for carrying me back here and I hope you had a good time." He made sure to send him a nice warm smile before stepping out of the cage again.

"We could try could be a good boon for us if it works."He said as he waited in line for the coffee, annoyed about the long line. He resisted the urge to just cut ahead, instead choosing to finish of the cigarette."That could be your job to warm up to her, your more in her level and sweeter than me. She may respond to you...."He reached the stall counter."Black coffee and you Sam?"

"Yes, sir. I will." Fiona smirked, crawling down from her perch. "I will do so out in the open, however. I shall not be hiding from humans at all." Once on the ground, she moved toward the higher demon, smiling. "I owe you this much." Her voice grew softer, until it faded completely. "By the way, I think it's cute that you care for her so dearly. It shows that not even demons are completely evil."

(Tag me in future posts that involve me.)

Buras was in his cage, fast a sleep. He was a lot like a bear when he was asleep, those who wake him often suffers a consequence. He was having a wonderful dream, good enough that his hands were twitching slightlt.

(My teachers already have homework due! hooray me!)

Nora could see past Ignis's acting. She was glad that he was trying to act fine, it meant that he wasn't severely injured. She thought about the best place for him.

"I think we should go to the prep area behind the tent, it would be the best since it is closer."

She wasn't sure how much energy Ignis had, she didn't want him to push himself too much. She stepped out of the cage, and looked at him.

"Do you want some help getting there?"

She was always happy to help out her fellow performers. She spaced out for minute because she sensed Paul's mix of emotions.

What is going on Paul......

Sammy thought about a way to warm up to Nora.

"I will try my best to get to know her. I have heard she is rather quiet so, I will have to try hard not to scare her off."

She continued thinking when Alan asked her what she wanted.

"Oh, coffee with cream and sugar."

She continued pondering the best way to go about befriending the snake charmer.

Paul was always glad to hear when performers would help him ward off the investigators.

"Thank you my dear."

He noticed the investigators had gone away, he was sure they were still around though.

"In no time we shall have them off our tails and out of our lives."

He looked at Fiona who had gotten rather close to him, she was one of the few performers that were not very afraid of him. He was throw off by her last comment.

"I assure you there is nothing nice about me. I sacrificed that part of me along time ago."

He spoke of course about the day he summoned Nora. He didn't want people to start thinking that he was a cuddly teddy bear.

((Hooooray for homework due already!)

He had to take a moment to get his bearings before responding. "That sounds like a good idea...I just need to lie down for a moment and then all should be well." He took in a deep breath and straightened up. "And yes please Mademoiselle... I would very much appreciate some help getting there...uh." He stared at her spaced out expression confused. "Are you alright?"

"You will do fine."He said one of the rare occasions of encouragement Alan would make to another inspector. He paid for the coffees, handing Sammy's hers before finding a seat and began sipping his coffee."Seems most performers are mingling with the crowd, might be a chance to check out there living quarters."

Having no one to talk to, Alekin and his two companions decided to go check on Ignis and Buras. "That kid is a stupid one. I'm telling you, Paul will flay his skin and turn it into a rug once he finds out." The ever pessimistic Flame said, scoffing. "Aw come on, don't blame him. He just wanted to make Buras happy." Frost said, chastising Flame. "You know, both of you are actually right. Ignis did a really stupid thing, but it was a nice one." He said, not wanting to see the others fight again. It gives him quite a massive head ache when these two fight, as if his soul is being torn in two pieces. When they arrived, they saw Ignis in Buras's cage, Nora watching Ignis. "Aw, did you decide to sleep beside him too?" Flame teased, sneering at them.

Luna walked around, her body exhausted. She sighed, sitting on Rah's back. She sighed, lying down and closing her eyes as Rah moved around. Little did she know that Rah was walking towards his fellow beasts, or the animal room. She purred, rolling over a bit, holding on to his back. She almost fell off his back and onto the floor. She clutched onto his tighter, opening her eyes. "Whoah! Easy." She said, sitting up. She looked around and blushed lightly, seeing that she was in a room full of people.

He saw Luna enter, apparently falling down from Rah. "Hey, I thought cats were suppose to land on their feet?" He ask, teasing her as he help her up. Frost went over to Rah, sniffing him. "Well hello there, handsome. Long time no see." She said, flirting with the other tiger. Alekin blush, embarrassed at Frost, while Flame just looked at them, with a hint of jealousy. "I'm so sorry Frost always do that to Rah." He said, aplogizing for his companion's flirty behavior.

Buras rolled over slightly in his sleep. His hands had stopped twitching, and a small grin was on his face, nicely showing off his tusks. Perhaps his dream had taken a slight turn for the worst, or perhaps it was nothing. Or, perhaps, he was hearing voices that were waking him up. He had been good that day, though. And even while asleep he wanted to keep being good. When he was good, he could go out of his cage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back