• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Cirque de Monstres (1941) first edition

Luna sighed as soon as they soon left the investigators alone. She sighed, leaning close to him. They continued to walk towards the trailers and she walked towards her door. She sighed, seeing it was there time to separate. She smiled. "I had a great time." She said. She leaned in and kissed his cheek. "Thank you." She mumbled, walking towards her door and walking inside.

Ignore. 
"That was interesting."He said to Sammy as he watched the two performers leave."The tigress one wasn't so keen to see us, we might have been made."He looked back out at the maize before taking a few steps forward into it. Learning from Sammy mistake, he had his hand raised in front of him in preparation of tricks. It worked for him stopping him from knocking his own noise on a wall,"You are still up for this, newbie."

Fiona bit her lip back, thinking. "One. But, I would need a hair sample or something that belongs to Ignis." She was already standing up again. "We'll have to be quiet and keep this hidden from Paul and Ignis." That was extremely obvious. "Once you get the sample from Lover Boy, I'll be able to reverse this, but there is a likelihood of Ignis screaming because of a quick, sharp pain. It only lasts for a second, but it is truly unbearable. You may also feel it." Fiona explained. "Once one of you drinks the potion, the bond is broken and both of you return to normal."

He blushed furiously, his hand on his cheek, right where she kissed her. He walked back to his trailer, blushing all the way. "How did your date go sweetie?" Frost ask, really excited. Flame pretended not to be interested, but he actually is. Alekin explained everything to him. After he explained, Frost started squealing. "My little boy is now grown up!" She said, tearing up. Flame went to me. "I'm proud of you kid." he just said, smiling. "Thanks." Alekin said, appreciating their approval. With her kiss still fresh in his mind, he went to sleep.

Luna blushed inside her trailer. She smiled, squealing. Rah walked up. "Ohh, someone looks like they have done something naughty." Rah commented. Luna glared and thwacked his ear. "Talk about naughty, you and Frosty? You already to have two women." She said. Rah growled. 'Shush or they will hear us." He said. Luna rolled her eyes and got into pajama's falling asleep.

"It is alright! I will wait right here with her until you return my dear." His face turned bright red as soon as she kissed his cheek. He smiled and waved as she left, then found a place to sit beside Dakota's cage. "And how are you doing today Dakota?" He asked in that lost and day-dreamy voice.

Sammy carefully walked into the maze, she followed Alan closely. She didn't see anything unusual so far, just a run of the mill maze.

"This place is disorientating, I wonder if the people who are missing were easily confused."

She could see how someone who was not very observant could get lost. She was eager to get out of the maze, it really creped her out. It felt like something would jump out at her any moment.

"And all of the people who went missing were last seen here?"

She hoped it was only one or two, the thought that everyone went missing in here was making her nervous.

Nora knew getting some hair from Ignis would not be hard, especially in his state. She would just have to sweet talk him, act sad, and be all lovey, dovey. She stood up and hugged Fiona.

"Thank you! I owe you big time for this."

She let go of Fiona and started walking back to Ignis. She thought of a way to make sure Paul didn't suspect anything unusual. she sat down next to Ignis. She started petting his hair.

"Oh my love, how I missed you."

She pulled a few of his hairs and quickly rested her head on his shoulder. She signaled with her free hand for Fiona.

Paul sat in his office doing business stuff. He didn't know the whole Nora- Ignis love party thing. He sat as his desk mulling over paperwork. Wondering when Nora would come to kick the rest of the humans out of the circus and close shop for the night.

"Yeah, this is were most reports say the vic...The missing people were last seen."He said cursing himself silently at this work jumble. He walked around the maize in a route his sister would take, he could imagine her in the room maize next them with her friends. He followed the direction she would take. She would joke and laugh nervously to hide her fear of getting lost in a place like this. She would never admit she was in trouble and pushed others to do the same. He sighed rubbing his eyes to hide away an errand tear.

Fiona had been hiding behind the main tent when she was summoned by Nora. She casually walked forward, as if she were practicing her act before then, and placed her hands on Nora's shoulders. "Ah, Mistress Nora, how may I be of service?" Slowly and carefully, she pulled a phial from her breast pocket and took the hairs from Nora. "Thank you, my lady."

"I am so glad that you are finally back my love." He spoke sweetly. "Ouch!" He winced as she pulled a few hairs out of his head. Looking a bit like a sad puppy dog, wondering what that was for as he rubbed the small sore spot on his head. "I missed you every minute that you were gone." He sighed, resting his head on top of hers and closing his eyes. The rest of the world might as well have been nonexistent to him now, which was probably for the best as Fiona and Nora worked to break the charm.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sammy nodded at Alan's response, she knew this was hard for him. Especially since his sister went missing here.

"So far I don't see anything-"

She suddenly tripped and fell down. Sometimes she swore she had two left feet. What got her attention though was the feeling of a slight breeze, she knew that meant there was a door to the outside near by. She stood up and rounded a corner, she saw what she had suspected. A door marked exit, she opened it a saw it lead to the forest.

"Hey Alan, come look at this."

She knew all buildings had to have exits but, what got her was why this one led where it did. She remembered something.

"This circus has always been next to a wooded area hasn't it?"

Now she was suspicious, why would they always be next to wooded area.

Nora was glad Ignis did not suspect anything was going on when she plucked a few hairs. She would have been suspicious if he had suspected anything.

"My love time away from you is torture."

She was glad she knew Fiona, she didn't know how much more of lovey Ignis she could take. She couldn't turn to thank Fiona in fact she really couldn't move with Ignis resting his head on hers. She had to fight the sadness building up in her. She was reminded of a horrible secret she never told anyone. As she sat there waiting for Fiona to do her thing, she thought about what Ignis was going to say once the charm was broken.

Fiona rolled her eyes at the display before her. She couldn't imagine how anyone could act so strangely toward someone else. "Anyway, I'll have the medicine ready momentarily." She walked back to her home and got to work. "This should do quite nicely. A sample of his, a dash of hers. An eighth of an ounce of my finest venom. Silky webbing and just a little demon blood." She sliced her own hand open then dripped it into the cauldron, which fogged up, making it deadly if a ordinary breathed it in. Then, she stirred it while chanting an old Transylvanian spell for a long time until it bubbled and turned gold. "Yes! I did it!" She scooped some up in a phial then walked back out to Nora. "Good, Paul isn't any wiser!" She handed it over. "Your medication, m'dear."

He smiled happily and even went as far as to nuzzle her hair gently. The charm she had put on him was clouding his mind so much, he would have never acted this way. Not in a million years. His attention to her was broken for a moment as Fiona came over, he gave her such an odd stare as she handed something to Nora. "Medication?" He pulled away a bit to look at her. "Are you feeling alright my dearest?"

Nora looked up at Fiona.

"Thank you"

She grabbed the phial and looked at Ignis. She touched her forehead and smiled at him.

"Oh, I just have a slight headache, after this I should be fine."

She drank the whole thing in one gulp. She was glad she drank it, the liquid burned as it she drank it. She moved away from Ignis, she was having a coughing fit. It burned and it hurt but, she couldn't imagine what Ignis was going through. She continued coughing as her vision blurred slightly, she knew this was the charm going away. As sudden as the pain started it stopped, she looked at Fiona.

"Well, that was less painful then I thought."

She had fight herself to not look at Ignis, not wanting to see what was happing to him. She hoped Paul was distracted by his own thoughts not to notice her short fit of pain. She knew the charm would be gone but, Ignis would still have some memory of what happened. She braced herself for whatever he had to say to her.

Paul, busy with paperwork, didn't notice any of Nora's pain he was feeling. He just wanted the permit to build a better sign seeing as how they were going to be here for a while. He sighed and wondered when the investigators were going to give up. He hoped his odd placement of the emergency exit in the mirror maze would throw them off.

He looked out the door like she indicated studying the forest ahead. He rubbed his chin thoughtfully wondering what all this could be.

"You know what you may be right...This is troubling."He said with a sigh visibly disheartened."If so, it may mean we wont find anything in the circus. Victims could be taken from here and taken to the local forest to be dealt with. God knows how many forest they have past in their time."

As soon as she drank the 'medication' Ignis felt a sharp pain in his chest. With a cry of pain he instantly doubled over, it felt as though there was fire spreading through his body. He coughed violently and wrapped his arms around his chest. A cold sweat forming on his forehead. It only lasted for a few minutes, but left him crumpled up on the ground panting for air. A feeling of relief washed over him as the fog in his mind lifted and everything was clear again. "N-Nora....cher..." He reached and grabbed her ankle. Turning his head upward to look at her with teary eyes. "You're very lovely and all....but can we agree to never do that again?" He managed to work up a small, crooked smirk.

Nora looked back at Ignis.

"Yes, lets never ever do that again."

She sat back on the ground and looked at him.

"The fact that you think I am still lovely after that is a compliment. Most people want to kill me."

She was relived that he was not threating her. She smiled at him.

"I'm just glad its over, you were really in love with me."

She laughed, trying to make a joke out the situation. She was just glad to have the normal Ignis back.

Sammy was quite sure they would find the missing people out there.

"Should we go look around the forest for a bit."

She wanted Alan to have some hope left for finding his sister.

"Who knows, maybe they are still out there, lost and confused."

She wondered if that was possible, there were a lot of animals that lived in that forest, hopefully if the missing people were still alive they were safe and unharmed.

"I will admit that I can see why some people would want to after something like that, however....In this case I did bring this upon myself. You did nothing wrong at all. Only try to help some one in need." He groaned and sat up, dusting himself off. "And that's what I find the most lovely thing of all." He smiled sweetly before flopping back against the seat exhausted. "Ugh, me too....was it really that bad? I didn't get too mushy?"

Nora wanted to laugh when Ignis made sure he didn't get too mushy. She looked at him

"Oh you got mushy all right. 'I missed you every minute you were gone!' you looked like a sad puppy when you said that."

she started snickering when she thought about his sad face.

"You looked like a kid who just found out Santa was not real!"

She was laughing pretty hard, her stomach started to hurt. She wipped a tear from under her eye.

"Oooooh sacré bleu." Embarrassed, he hid his reddening face in his hands. "I really said that?" He peeked at her through his fingers. The laughter and having to wipe away a tear told him it was all true. "I apologize for being a pathetic ball of mush!" He chuckled. "I swear that was all the charm talking....I would never be that sappy."

"Oh I don't know, most people have never gotten that sappy before."

She was glad he was alright, the crowds were starting to die down, she hadn't seen the investigators for a while.

"Hey, has anyone seen those investigators around lately?"

She sat up looked at the crowds walking by.

"I hope they left and made the decision to never return."

She did not know that they were currently in the mirror maze looking at the exit Paul had set up to throw people like them off.

"Are you suggesting that deep down I'm just a big sap who gets all mushy-gushy when he's in love?" He smirked. Stretching his arms out above his head as he looked around at the slowing activity. "Hopefully, but knowing how stubborn they've been in the past I doubt it. They're probably off snooping around somewhere."

Alan remained quite for a moment looking down. Sammy's hopeful remarks infuriated him rather then raise his hopes, making him slam his hand on a nearby mirror.

"Now i get optimism. Years of investigation with no leads, i work on it for a couple of hours and i get us this far." He said in a low and hoarse tone."Why not find out about this then when there was a chance? Useless the lot of you."

Sammy lowered her head when Alan went on his little rampage. She didn't know much about the original investigation, she was working on small petty cases at the time. She only knew his sister went missing, nothing more. She was about to say something when he slammed his hand on a mirror. She knew she had irritated him, she decided to say what she was thinking.

"You know what gets me? the fact that this mirror maze buts up against the backstage area. I mean, this exit could still lead to the forest if it was placed up by the front of the circus."

She grabbed a note pad out of her bag and a pen. She started mapping out the circus from memory. Of course she did not know how the backstage area was laid out. She looked up at Alan.

"There is a reason they put the maze here but, why? Why put it here?"

She was lost in her own thoughts, feeling that she was missing one of the last few pieces of puzzle.

Nora laughed.

"Yes, I think deep down you are a sweet romantic."

She nodded at Ignis's comment about the investigators.

"True, I wonder where they are snooping this time."

She hoped they were not finding out anything important. She sat up and stretched her arms.

"Mmmm.......... I better go check on our glorious grumpy man."

She stood up but, didn't leave.

"Oh and Ignis, don't mention anything about what happened to Paul."

She walked off towards Paul's trailer when, she decided to see if she could find the investigators. She walked into the house of mirrors, going upstairs to the mirror maze. She started walking the maze when she heard voices coming from the corner by the exit. She turned a corner and was face to face with the investigators.

"Oh, hello."

"I dont know..."He said dismissively he said trying to calm himself by taking a few deep breathes, embarrassed for his little hissy fit. As he calmed himself though he began thinking on Sammy's comment."Wait...You might be on to something....Could be an access thing for circus stuff to access potential victims meaning.."He paused as he heard someone approaching noticing it was another performers. He turned instantly to toorist mode."Hi, it seems we found secret exit to the maize. Do we get secret award or something?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back