• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Cirque de Monstres (1941) first edition

"Good luck in dealing with his eternal grumpiness." Ignis joked. "And don't worry, I won't breath a single word about this. Especially not to him." He winked. Stretching once more before standing up on shaky legs. "I'll go make sure people are starting to head towards the exit now, maybe do a few little tricks for the kids too along the way. That's always so fun to do." With a wide grin he began to leave the preparation area. "Bonsoir mademoiselle Nora!"

Before Sammy could respond she heard someone behind her. When she turned around she saw it was Nora. She wanted to say something but, she couldn't. For some reason Nora always scared her slightly. Maybe it was fact that she had a snake with her all the time and Sammy was not too found of snakes. She quickly backed up what Alan said. She shifted uncomfortably looking at Nora's snake then looked at the Nora.

"Yes, do we get a prize?"

Nora kept a neutral expression while looking at the investigators. She raised an eyebrow at their question, and looked at the opened exit.

"You mean the emergency exit that all buildings must have? And is located here so people who cannot find their way out can get out?"

She started petting Danu noticing Sammy's slight discomfort.

"No, there is no prize for finding what is required by law."

She knew they were trying to act like regular guests. She wanted to laugh, if they were trying to blend in they shouldn't be poking around the circus so much.

"The circus will be closing soon, I would advise you leave soon as well."

She stood blocking the way to the entrance forcing them to find the exit or use the one they found. She didn't want them snooping around too much. She was just relived they did not find the real secret exit.

Fiona was surprised that she had performed the spell correctly and that everyone was back to normal as she walked away. Thinking back, maybe giving Nora her life back, breaking the bond between her and her lover, wasn't a good idea. It was more like a succubus to lure unsuspecting men into a trap. Fiona shivered. She loved Nora, but was also scared of her. "You're welcome, m'lady."

"Oh! Fiona!" He spotted her just as he was leaving. Making an abrupt turn in her direction he approached with a bright smile. "How are you this fine evening?" He asked cheerfully. As if absolutely nothing had happened only moment ago. "If you're not busy, I was about to go help lead the visitors to the exit. Would you care to join me? It's always easier with someone to help."

Ignis' voice caught her attention. "Oh, hello, Ignis." Fiona grinned toward him. "I hope you're feeling well after that performance. It looked strenuous." Hugging him, she sighed. "Alright, I'll help you. I'd love a visit into the Hall of Mirrors." Her mouth turned up into a devious grin. "Especially with the investigators."

"I'm still a little worn out, but feeling much better." He smiled happily. "The hall of mirrors eh?" Her devious grin was infectious. "Sure! Why not? I've never really had the chance to go through the maze just for fun. And I could really have fun with those investigators if we just happen to run into them there."

"Excellent! I'd love to go with you!" Fiona kissed Ignis on the cheek before scurrying to her trailer to quickly let her spiders loose. "Wake up, my children!" Her excitement was contagious toward the arachnids. The spiders did a strange dance like motion as they climbed through the window. "Ignis, come along, my dear!" Fiona called from her trailer as she stepped out to head to the proper destination. "It'll be so much fun!"

"Great! I can't wait!" His voice rose from the usual monotone to a quite cheerful tone. He felt like a kid who got away with stealing from the cookie jar again. "Coming!" He quickly caught up to her and the spiders. He had never been in the Hall of Mirrors for fun, only to help confuse the poor victims and lead them to their doom. So this was going to be quite the exciting time.

"You certainly recovered quickly, dear." Fiona commented as she dashed after the others. "It's beautiful there. Some get so lost that it's amusing to watch them search for an exit." The Spiderwoman took Ignis by the hand. "What did it feel like to be put under Nora's spell?" She had always wondered, though she was scared to ask at times.

"I have a feeling that I'm going to be one of those people who gets hopelessly lost in there." He chuckled. His cheeks took on a slight hint of pink when she took his hand. "You knew about the spell?" He looked at her a little surprised. "Well....it was strange at first...she kissed me and then my mind went into this terrible fog. I don't have a clue how I acted, but the entire time it felt as though I was lost and had no control over my own body....makes me hope that that's not what actual love feels like, because it was awfully terrifying." He chuckled nervously.

"Ow, OK. Thats a shame but understandable. Could have been a bit less snarky with answer to us customers." Alan said acting as if embarrassed by his silly comment on a reward. The revelation of the circus closing at such crucial time in the investigation was extremely frustrating but he couldnt push them to stay not as a tourist. "Well, i guess its getting pretty late." He turned to Sammy."Come on, dear, seems like we outstayed our welcome."

Sammy didn't like the way Nora responded to them. It was almost like the snake charmer was toying with them.

"Ah yes, that was silly of us to think such a thing."

She was worried that Alan was being a little to carless with his words to the snake charmer. She nodded when he said they overstayed their welcome. She noticed Nora was blocking the path to the entrance. Sammy looked at Alan.

"Let's use this exit."

She started walking towards the exit that led to the forest.

Nora kept her calm expression when Alan basically called her a bitch. How she wanted to scare him but, she wouldn't dare scare the investigators.

"I am not being rude, just stating facts."

She continued to pet Danu, until she noticed a spider on the wall. She wondered if Fiona was one of the voices she herd. She looked back at the investigators.

"Have a nice night."

She stayed where she was.

"Yes...We should."He answered seriously Sammy while giving a probing look at Nora before relaxing slightly and smiled at Nora."Thanks for lovely evening despite this incident. Very..Enlightening." He turned and followed Sammy out, closing the door himself and only speaking with when sure they were out of earshot."Snake Bitch."

(My reaction when reading your post "Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh snap!!!")

Sammy looked at Alan.

"Please tell me I do not have to befriend her still, she scares me. Not like the way Paul does but, still there is something not right about her."

She picked up a very odd feeling when face to face with the snake charmer. She couldn't quite describe it. She looked around at the forest, it was unusually quiet.

"Its so quiet out here, I don't even here any animals."

She stood closer to Alan, this place creped her out.

Nora watched as the investigators left. She didn't like them especially the man. She turned to the spider and spoke to it.

'Hello little one, why are you so far from Fiona?"

She turned and walked towards the entrance, she ran into Ignis and Fiona.

"Oh, hello you two. The investigators finally left."

She was quite relived about that also, she returned to her normal cheery self.

"I am so happy about that, we are free for the night!"

"I doubt you have the opportunity, i think we have been made as investigators. We couldn't leave soon enough for them."He looked out at the forest as he lit another cigarette to calm himself."Late night forest is always scary but yeah, this is particularly creepy...Well...ladies first?"

Sammy was happy to hear that she did not have to befriend Nora. She frowned when Alan said ladies first.

"Oh aren't you just the loviest gentleman"

She drew her gun and walked towards the front of the circus. She walked carfully not wanting to disturb anything, she finally reached the front of the circus, she put her gun away.

"I don't know about you but, I am going to do some more research."

She wanted to see if she could find anything on Nora. She had feeling it would be like when she looked up things about Paul.

"Hello. I'm guessing you had to deal with the pests?" He greeted her cheerfully. Trying to walk up to her quickly, but alas. What he thought was Nora was only her reflection and with a loud clunk he ran smack dab into it. Rebounding backwards a few dazed steps. "Aaaaah! See! Didn't I tell you I'd be one of the hopelessly lost ones in here?" Despite the obvious pain there was a wide smile on his reddening face.

"I will too."He said following her to the front of the circus, he finished his cigarette throwing it on the floor and stepped on it."I suggest you rest up as well, we will be coming back tomorrow and i need you alert." In truth he recognized it was a stressful night and didnt want her to overwork herself on this. That was his problem.

Fiona caught up with a sigh. "The gang's all here. Let the after party begin, eh?" She winked at her spiders, who started circling her. "So, who's going to be first this time?" She asked aloud. "I wouldn't mind the boy that picked on Buras or one of those blasted investigators getting lost."

Sammy looked at Alan.

"Sleep? hmmmm.....I can't remember what that is!"

She smiled at him. To be honest with all the late nights at the circus she almost forgot what sleep was.

"Well, my friend is a security guard at the library. So I am off, see you at the office tomorrow."

She wanted to dealve deeper into the history of the circus, she just hoped the circus had been in town before. And maybe find out something about Nora. Sammy walked towards her car, reviewing the events of the night. She was going to visit the hall of mirrors again tomorrow.

Nora laughed when Ignis ran in to the mirror, she stepped rounded the corner and looked at him.

"Oh, Ignis, you are so helpless somethimes."

She looked at the mirrors around her.

"Don't worry if you ever get lost in here all you have to do is ring the bell."

She grabbed a little bell out of her pocket and handed it to Ignis. It was small, and had little demons carved on it. The only thing odd about was the little thing inside of it to make it ring was missing. Although to Nora, ever movement made it ring.

"It works outside of the maze as well."

She looked at Fiona.

"Well obviously not Ignis, since he can't even tell the difference between a reflection and a real person."

She smiled, she knew she was supposed to check in with Paul but, she didn't care about that right now.

Paul paced in his trailer.

"Where is she? My god what if the investigators found her?!"

He was about to go to the door when he coud hear her response if went looking for her. She would say 'You worry too much'. She would then lecture him about letting her have her own time. He sat down t his desk, he would give her another half an hour. After that he would look for her.

"I know....and it's sad too. 'Master of Illusions!' and I can't even navigate a simple mirror maze." He chuckled. "Thank you. I'll definitely make sure to use it if I need to. " He dusted himself of and put the bell in his pocket. "Anyway, I agree with you on both of those Fiona, but that's more for Paul to decide isn't it? He is the master of the circus."

Fiona stifled a giggle at Nora's words. "Well, perhaps he needs a guide." She suggested with a sneer toward the boy. "I'll send one of my gargantulas with him if he wants to. They can find me with ease if need be." Her gaze went to Ignis. "I have no grudge against Paul. I love him just as much as you do. He's important to all of us, but some of his decisions concern me. Perhaps it is time for us to make decisions. Not to disrespect Paul, but to help him?" Fiona rubbed the front of her neck.

"Um...no offense, but that sounds like a not so good idea." Ignis scratched the back of his neck. "Sure, Paul doesn't always make the best decisions and could stand a little help from the rest of us, but I'm not sure about us making some decisions for him. He's not exactly the most understanding or forgiving man..."

Nora was happy to see the others making jokes about Paul. But, she agreed with Ignis. Paul was not the most forgiving man.

"Pissing off Paul is like asking to be cast in the eternal flames of hell."

She looked around at the mirrors.

"Do you guys want to know how Paul does it?"

She looked at their reflections in the various mirrors.

"How he takes people in this maze."

She always wanted to show others the secret of the maze.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back