• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Campbell Hospital for the Mentally Insane

Cassie glances around the room, bored. 'You know I'm angry with you.' Nyla says inside of her head and Cassie sighs. "I couldn't care less." She whispers and Nyla sighs. 'I could mess everything up for you with a blink of an eye.' Nyla says and Cassie chuckles. "You love me, Nyla. You won't do anything." Cassie says before her head began to hurt and her mind went blank.

Nyla opens her eyes and smirks. "It's good to be back.' She says to herself before standing up and walking over to the counselor door, waiting for Conan.

Audrey finally gets fed up and stops asking him questions, dismissing him, and instructing him to put a shirt on. He stands and smirks at her again before leaving the room and walking straight into Nyla, he grins and moves his hair out of his eyes. "Long time no see, how was the padded room?" He winks at her.

"I wouldn't know." Nyla says her eyebrows raised and her arms crossed. "I warned you to stay away from Cassie, and what do you do? The exact opposite. I'm a very possessive person, Mr." She says before kicking Conan )n a place no boy would want to be kicked. She didn't know if it would hurt him or not, but she just wanted to show that she meant business.

Conan gasps and bends over, in pain. That bitch, he takes a deep breath, Fucking Nyla, ruining my fun. Conan grits his teeth and stands straight after a moment, glaring at Nyla. "Oh poor you! Jealous that little Cassie likes me more than you?" He grabs her arm tightly, pulling her so that she was closer to him and he was glaring down at her.

Nyla smirks. "Not for long." She says, spitting into Conan's eyes and ripping her arm away from him. She rakes her nails across his face harshly before kicking him again and walking away quickly as she sees orderlies begin to walk over.

Conans hand flies up to his face and he falls to his knees in more pain than when she kicked him last time, he brings his hand away from his face and sees blood, she really got him good. He looks up to shout something at her but he leaves it when an orderly grabs his arms and pulls him up from the floor, telling him that he would be fine while they pulled him to the nurse. Fuck that shit.

Nyla locks herself in a random closet to get away from the orderlies and she turns on the light. She laughs slightly before pulling her sleeve up. "Damn it Cas." She says, looking as dried blood covers her wound. Tears well up in Nyla's eyes and she starts to sob. "Why do you do this? You know that I love you! I'm doing this for us!" Nyla screams and lays down in a ball. "I love you Cassie."

The nurse dabs away the blood from his face with a wipe that made it sting, and she covers his cheek with a bandage, before dismissing him, and he stands and walks out of the room. He walked straight to his bedroom and into it, walking in on the boy and... Another boy, making out on the bed. He groans and grabs a shirt from drawers while they continued. He slips it on over his head and walks back out of the room, straight to Audreys office, he knocks on the door.

Soon Nyla gains her composure and the orderlies stop knocking on the door. She walks out calmly and goes back to the living area where she sees many people sitting around. She automatically walks over to a boy that had been looking at her and she smiles. "Hi, I'm Nyla. What's your name gorgous?" She asks him, and he smirks. Instead of telling her his name he pulls her down on the couch he was sitting on and laughs. "Well, Nyla. How about we have a bit of fun." He says but Nyla couldn't hear him, instead there was a loud wailing sound in her head and she blinked a few times before the guy leaned down and began to kiss her. "Get off of me!" Cassie screams as she pushes the boy away. "Are you crazy?" She yells, standing up and looking at him. "Come on Nyla." He says with a pout on his face and tears stream from Cassie's eyes. "Stop! Go away!" She yells, many eyes were on her and the boy, and when an orderly drags the boy away she hugs herself and sits down. "Why'd you do thay Nyla?" She whispers to herself.

Conan asks Audrey when she answers the door if he can have his room. "I'll think about it." She tells him before waving in her next patient. Conan sighs and walks over to a mirror hung on the wall, changing the parting of his hair so that it was now covering his blue eye, he looks at the square bandage that covers one cheek, and groans. It better not scar, he thinks to himself as he walks away from the mirror, and he walks into the living area, seeing Cassie sat down hugging herself. His face is stone, his eyes unblinking, as he walks to his room and grabs a book, the boys were gone now, he takes his book back into the living room and sits down on a sofa far away from Cassie.

Cassie shakes slightly and hugs her knees to her chest. 'It's Conan's fault, it's all his fault.' Nyla repeats in her head and Cassie whimpers. "I wanna go home." She says. Tears pouring down her face like a waterfall. "I want bam-bam." She cries and Nyla sighs. Bam-bam is what Cassie had nicknamed her razor blade. She had many but she used one the most. She starts to trace her wrist as if she was cutting it, like she had done after her mom's friends had finished with her. "One for David, one for Sarah, one for Uncle Sammy, and one for daddy." She whispers to herself. Nobody was paying her any attention and that's how Cassie wanted it.

Conan opens his book and starts to read it from page one again. It was his favourite book, he'd read it so many times that the front cover was coming off and some of the pages were simply just slotted in. He didn't know why he liked it so much, but Let The Right One In just... He loved it, and as he started to read Oscar and Eli's tale again, he absentmindedly used his finger to mess with the bandage on his cheek.

"One for Greg, one for Barbara, one for Harold, one for Grandfather, one for Nana, one for Jacob, one for Minnie, one for Larry, one gor Emma, one for Ezah, and six for mum." She finishes and looks at her empty hands, where there would usually be a razor or a knife or a piece of glass. "One for Nyla." She says, and she drags the invisible razor across her throat, making Nyla scream inside of Cassie's head. 'Stop it!! Stop it!' Nyla screams but Cassie buries her head into her knees. "You don't love me, you'd let me have friends if you loved me." She whispers, the tears continuing to fly from her eyes.

Conan reads pretty fast, finishing the chapter soon after he had started it, and he puts his book down, looking around him. It was boring without someone to talk to. He bites his lip, he could probably talk to that ginger girl if he knew where she was. Or maybe he could go for a swim, or a walk outside. He knew that outside was full of trees and bushes and flowers, and he might find an animal to torment or something. He stands up and, with his book in hand, he walks straight past Cassie, wondering if it was actually Cassie in there right now. No, I don't care, he thinks as his hand goes to his cheek, it still hurt a lot. He walks straight past and outside, feeling the warmth of the sunlight hit him, he smiles slightly.

Cassie stands up and walks towards the art room, not noticing Conan walking past. She wipes away some tears before grabbing a sketchbook from the stack and a pencil from a drawer. There were other people around her, and an orderly teaching them so she walks to a corner and sits down on the floor with her back against the wall. She begins to sketch randomly, and it turned out to be herself. Long wavy hair lying wildly around her head, her eyes closed and her arms spread out wide. She was in a field of, no, not flowers, briars. She had a large smile on her face as the thorns pierced her skin and ripped her clothes.

Conan walks around outside quietly, his thoughts blank, a strange feeling inside him. He sits down on the field of grass and looks up at the clouds, he'd never got the appeal of looking up at the clouds, but he did it anyway, because it was warm and he was bored. Eventually it just made him a lot more bored than he already was and he stood up again, walking back inside and to the music room which was next to the art room, and fortunately empty.

Cassie kept sketching, and eventually several dead birds joined her in the field of briars. She stared at the picture for a while before smiling, the birds reminded her of Conan. She shook it from her mind when the orderly calls for her. "Would you like to join the class?" She asks nicely but Cassie shakes her head. "No." She says simply before adding more detail to the picture and humming quietly to London Bridge.

Conan walks over to the grand piano in the middle of the room and grins as he sits at it, brushing his fingers over the keys, he bites his lip for a minute before he looks around him, then he turns back to the piano and he begins to play a song, the sound perfect. He had always loved to play the piano at his real home, and he'd been given lessons for a long time until he came here. He begins to sing along to the song, his voice just as good as his piano playing. You could probably say that he was very musical.

[media]

[/media]

When she finishes Cassie stands up and walks out of the art room, the sketchbook still in her hands. She stops when she hears the piano in the music room and she sits outside of the door before flipping to a clear page. She begins to sketch a piano. She hums along to the tune of the song that was being played, she had heard it before.... in a dream.

"What I fear and what I've tried, words I say and what I hide, all the pain, I want it to end, but I want it again." He sings, and he grins as the chorus comes in, singing louder. "And it finds me, the fight inside is coursing through my veins, and it's raging, the fight inside is breaking me again!" He licks his lips as he goes into the next verse, he was entertained now. He'd found where he would spend most of his time.

When Cassie finishes the piano she rips the page out of the sketchbook and slides it under the door. She hoped the person singing liked her gift. She stands up and walks away, still humming along to the song that the mystery piano man was playing. She wanted to go outside.

Conan finishes the song and looks around, spotting the piece of paper on the floor, he stands up and walks over to it, picking it up. A piano. He smiles and folds it up, putting it into his pocket and walking out of the music room, he walks to Audreys office and knocks on her door, she calls him in and he goes in and shuts the door behind him. "So did you think about it?" He asks hopefully, raising his eyebrows. She nods her head and leans back in her seat. "We might give you a room to yourself, but you have to tell me why first, Conan." He nods his head, he wasn't going to be a dick right now, he wanted to get his way. "Well, I know a lot about psychopaths too, being one," he says and sits down, "And I know it's not exactly treatable, so that means I'll be here a while, and I get violent sometimes, and being around people can be dangerous when that happens. I thought it would be best for you and for little Jimmy or whatever his actual name is, if I have my own room so that when I feel violent I can go in there." He shrugs his shoulders, and Audrey smiles. "Okay, you can have your own room, go pack up your things and go to the second floor, thats where all the single rooms are, pick any one thats free."

Cassie goes outside and sits down on the grass with her legs crossed. She starts to tug at the grass after setting her sketchbook down and she smiles. She then gets excited when she sees little flowers and she begins to pick them and weave them together

Conan grins and thanks her, before leaving the room and running to his room, packing up his things excitedly. When he's done he walks up the stairs with his bag and picks an empty room, unpacking his things again and putting his books on the empty bookshelf, and a small ornament of a dragon on his windowsill. He searches in his bag and finds some clear tape, and he unfolds the picture from his pocket and tapes the corners of it to the back of his door, before he walks over to his window and looks out of it. He'd picked the one with the best view, and as he looked out of it he could see the entirety of the outside area of the hospital, and he could see Cassie. He wanted to talk to her, but he didn't want Nyla to hurt him again.

When Cassie finishes her flower crown she puts it on her head and smiles before grabbing the sketchbook again. She turns to where she could see the hospital and she begins to draw it. She fancied herself a good artist, and she usually drew everything that had significance in her life. She looks back up at the building but her eyes stop on a face in the second floor. It was Conan, and a sudden urge hit Cassie like a bullet, so she flips the page and begins to draw him. Starting with his eyes. She reminded herself that she should color the picture when she finishes, so that she can get the details of his eyes right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back