• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Campbell Hospital for the Mentally Insane

Conan's father is silent as they drive towards the hospital. His mother was crying as usual, she hadn't stopped since his brother, Gale, hadn't woken up. His sister was next to him, practically pressed against the door of the car trying not to be near him, and Conan himself was sat relaxed, a small smile on his face as he looked out of the window. As they pulled up and his father got out of the car, his mother cleared her throat and started to say something until she started to cry again. Conan just sighed, annoyed, and got out of the car on his own, his father handing him his bag with a small smile on his face. His father, unspokenly, knew that his son was a freak, a psychopath who wouldn't stop until he killed a man, but a small part of him hoped that he could get better. They walked inside the hospital together, leaving the rest of the family behind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nyla strutted arrogantly through the front doors, a person that the school had hired following her with her bag. She smirks at the lady sitting at the desk and taps her fingernail on the surface. "Nyla Smith here!" She says loudly causing a few people to look her way. She pleasantly waves to each one of them as the lady smiles at her. "Here you are." The lady says knowingly, Nyla was sure that all the personnel here at Campbell's were notified of her condition, but she didn't care. Cassie wasn't going to ruin this for her, no way Nyla would let that happen.

Conan's father walked through the front doors and held open one for him, Conan walking through confidently and his eyes flicking through the room. His father looks around at the people, and Conan does too, walking with his bag to the front desk. He stands next to a loud girl who was smiling and being loud, he'd heard her name as they walked in, Nyla. His father stands next to him and is handed a form, things to sign and whatnot. Conan watched him fill it in with all that usual stuff, name, age, occupation. He chuckles slightly as his dead hesitates before writing "psychopathy," in the column that asks what he'd been diagnosed with. He grins at his father whose mouth is in a straight line, as he hands back the form. Time for them to part ways it would seem, as his father looked up at him, he was only a little bit taller than his father, and he put his hand on his shoulder. "Please..." He mumbles to himself, "just get better so you can come home and we can be a family again." He looks like he's about to cry and Conan just looks at him with a small smirk on his face, his eyes expressionless.

After Nyla finished her form she turned to the man carrying her bag. A look of fake sadness comes to her face and she wipes away an invisible tear. "I'm gonna miss you so much, Jim!" She exclaims before wrapping her arms around him, a puzzled look pops to her face. "Or was it Jake? No, Jason." She says, smirking and pulling away from him. "Farewell, my love, may we see each other again in the depths of hell." She says, then walks in the direction a nurse had pointed her.

His father let's go of his shoulder and walks away, stopping at the doors to look back at him, but then walking back out of the building. Conan shifts the weight of his bag on his shoulder and walks with a nurse to God knows where. It turns out it was his room, he was sharing it apparently with a boy who was 16 and was 'very lovely'. Conan nods his head silently, not saying anything to the nurse as she waits and he puts his things on his bed. He would unpack later, as the nurse begins to show him round the hospital. Pool area, gym, living area, dining room, music room, art room, and she showed him the isolation room as well as the door to his therapists office. She told him the timings for breakfast lunch and dinner, and then she told him that he was free to do what he wished, before she smiled nicely at him and left him in the middle of the hospital, all alone.

"Oooh, roomies." Nyla says, and she laughs. The nurse sighed, obviously annoyed with Nyla's behavior, then she pushes Nyla into a room. There was a girl in the corner muttering something under her breath rapidly, but everything went dark forba while.

When her eyes open Cassie sighs. "Are you okay?" She asks the girl in the corner, but the girl screams something at her, causing Cassie to run out to the nurse. The nurse shows Cassie around, and she took a mental note to return to the artroom soon. "Thank you." Cassie whispers as the nurse leaves her, then she turned around and walked towards the place where all of the patients can sit around and be crazy together

Conan walks towards the living area, a small tv in the corner with a few people sat around it. A radio that was playing country music, and a few large sofas that were vaguely empty. He looks over at the girl from before, the one who had been loud, and he winks at her, before he walks over to a shelf of books, trying to find something to read. Children's books and romance novels, he sighs and walks away from the shelf, looking at his fingernails, and then sits down on one of the empty sofas. He closes his eyes and moves so that he's laying on the sofa, his arms behind his head. His mind was blank, his worries non existent. He knew how he should be feeling, afraid or anxious, but he couldn't feel that.

Cassie's face turns red when the boy winks at her, and she walks shyly to the corner. She sits down on a comfortable chair and pulls her knees up to her chest. "You know what you should do? Have some fun! Stop being such a loser Cassie." Nyla's voice rings in Cassie's head. "No way. I'm here to get rid of you and that's what I'll do." Cassie says, and Nyla begins to screan at her making Cassie's head pound and she whines. "Go away!" She whispers harshly and the pounding stops. Cassie heaves a very large sigh before scanning the living area, people ranging from age 5 to 70 were either sitting or walking around. One woman was walking arouns in circles with her arms wrapped around a bunched up blanket. She kept saying a name 'Ashten' is what it sounded like, and Cassie shakes her head. "Whoever Ashten was they must be happy to be away from that trainwreck." She hears Nyla say and Cassie makes the 'sh' sound very loudly.

Conan opens his eyes when he hears a shush, and he looks around to see who did it, before someone appeared in front of him. "Conan Heidnik am I correct?" It was a young woman with dark hair and a French accent. He nods and sits upright, and she beckons for him to follow her, so he does. As he enters his therapists room he realises she must be his therapist, as she takes a seat opposite him and introduces herself as Audrey Pier. Audrey smiles at Conan who just looks at her, and she writes something down on a piece of paper in a notebook. "So, Conan, how are you feeling today? You must be feeling very nervous to be in a new place?" She says, her eyebrows raised. She looked moderately friendly, a person that could relate to everyone and be everyone's friend. Conan shakes his head and grins wickedly. "Actually, quite the contrary. But you already knew that, didn't you, Miss Pier?"

"Well, indeed I did." Audrey smiles a little bit and writes something else down, then looks up at Conan. "You've been diagnosed as a psychopath, Mr Heidnik, do you know anything about this condition?"

Cassie tilts her head as she watches the boy who had winked at her follow a woman into a room. She remembered what would happen when she was told to follow somebody into a room and she shuddered. "It's okay Cass, Nyla is here." Her mind coos to her and she shudders again. Her eyes close and she breathes heavily, before opening her eyes again. "I don't want you to be here." She says to Nyla and Nyla laughs. "That's what that woman said, you love me, Cassie. You said so yourself, you said that you will always be there to catch me.. I'm falling, Cass.. I'm falling." Cassie hears and she groans loudly as Nyla begins to sing a song that she had made up when they were young. "Turn to me, and we'll be fine together!" It was loud, and Cassie's head pounded. "Shut it." She says and holds both sides of her head and rocks back and forth in the chair. "We are fine, stopping time and living in a life of friendship. You'll never be lonelyyyyyy as long as YOU have MEEEEEEEEEEE." The last note was high and it made Cassie throw her head back against the chair in frustration.

Conan shakes his head, raising his eyebrows and leaning back in his chair. Audrey smiles and moves some hair away from her eyes, "Did you know a psychopath feels no remorse? And they can be very charming, and very manipulative." Conan smiles and, then pouts a little, shrugging his shoulders before he opens his mouth, mimicking her voice, "Did you know that a psychopath is the one your more likely to invite to a party, and is more likely to kill you?" He laughs a little and sits forwards in his chair. "I don't want to be in here, can I go?" Audrey smiles slightly, even though she was slightly annoyed she couldn't let it show. "If by in here you mean my office, I cannot keep you against your will, you may leave whenever you feel necessary." Conan smiles and stands before he walks to the door and turns to look at her, "it's been a pleasure meeting you, Miss Pier." He nods his head at her before he walks back to the living room and back to his sofa, but this time he sits upright and he watches the girl from before squirming in her chair. He'd love to make her squirm.

Finally Nyla stops singing and Cassie stands up. She pushes her half blonde half brown hair out of her face and sighs. Her hair was Nyla's idea, along with the piercings she had on her eyebrows.. She wasn't allowed to bring them to the hospital, so they were tucked neatly in her drawer back home. She walks over to the bookcases, childishly picking a Dr. Suess book, then she walks back to her chair and begins to read. She wasn't the best reader, and she had trouble with big words. Her mother was always drugged up and she was to shy to participate in class. She had actually been held back in school multiple times before she just dropped out completely.

Conan watches her and takes note on her hair, half brown half blonde. It reminds him slightly of his eyes, but those weren't a choice. One blue one green. Heterochromia iridum. He watches her read the Dr. Seuss book and he tilts his head to the side slightly. He liked to observe people's behaviour, and he was going to love doing that in here, considering their were so many different varieties of people. Someone sits down next to him, a girl with ginger hair and a big toothy grin. "You know, I've learnt in this place you shouldn't just sit back, you should go talk to her." She says, nodding in the direction of 'Nyla' or whatever her name was. Conan looks at this ginger girl and blinks at her, "I'm not very sociable, it won't work."

"One fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish." Cassie says, before turning the page. She reads a few of the words before the hairs on the back of her neck stand uo and she glances up from her book without moving her head. That boy was staring at him, but he stopped when a girl sits next to him, so Cassie looks back to her book and flips the page loudly. Clearly annoyed at the unnecessary interruption that she had.

"She may not be very sociable either, give it a shot!" She encourages, and grins at him. Conan smiles slightly and looks back over at the girl. Truthfully he knew that all he actually wanted to do was corrupt the girl, but she was strangely fascinating to him. Conan shifts a little in his seat and licks his lips. Part of his facade of being normal was having a nervous habit, even if he didn't feel nervous. He didn't need to do it anymore, and he didn't even feel nervous. "I don't want to interrupt her reading." He says, still watching her read out loud to herself. "She'd probably be very mad." The girl next to him shakes her head, "she'll get over it, go!" Conan stands up and looks back at the ginger girl, glaring at her slightly before he walked over to the girl.

With her finger Cassie marks her place before looking up at the boy and smiling a small smile. "Can I help you?" She asks, 'Ooh, he was in the lobby. Cute.' She hears Nyla say in her head. Cassie could never remember what Nyla did when she took over, but Nyla always remembered Cassie's escapades. Cassie's smile falters slightly, but she keeps it on her face. She didn't stand up, she didn't say anything after her question. She knew not to be trusting. Trusting people gets you hurt, and getting hurt makes you hurt yourself. Absentmindedly Cassie's hand travelled down her thigh, where under her black skinny jeans lay many scars.

"Maybe. I was practically forced over here, you could help me by looking like you enjoy talking to me." He says plainly, using his hand to move his hair out of his eye so he could see her better, revealing his green eye. Sometimes he switched his parting depending on what colour eye he felt like he wanted, today he wanted blue. He rarely ever had both, but now he did. He blinks once, his posture confident as he looks down at the girl, before looking at the seat next to her. He sits down without asking her, twisting his body so he's almost facing her. "Is your name Nyla?"

'Rude, even I would have asked first.' Nyla says in Cassie's head but Cassie just shrugs it off. "No, my name is Cassie." She says quietly, her smile spreadng into a larger, faker, one. 'Come on, lets bounce.' Nyla says but Cassie doesn't move, instead she studies the boy's eyes, obviously fascinated with them.

((Didn't get notified o_o))

"Oh, I'm sure I heard Nyla, but Cassie. I'm Conan." He says, leaning back in his chair and raising his eyebrows, looking down at his fingernails. He looks back at Cassie and smirks slightly, he knew she was looking at her eyes and he did like the attention. "Its a pleasure to meet you," he says. Audrey was right, psychopaths were charming, they always knew what to say, how to nibble away at someone until they caved in. And they were indeed manipulative, they could get you to do whatever they wanted just by asking politely.

"Mhm." Cassie says before looking back to her book, continuing to read about fish, and what color they were. Idiotic honestly, but that's all Cassie could understand. Her top lip raises on one side showing her k-9 tooth and she began to nibble on her bottom lip innocently, a random habbit she had picked up. Her lips were chapped from her chewing the skin off of them. "Fish are boring." She groans before snapping thw small book closed and smiling at Conan.

"Every animal is boring," Conan says, neglecting to mention that he'd killed more animals than he could count, as he picks at the rip in his jeans, still looking directly at Cassie. He didn't blink much, he didn't know why because even though he was a supposed psychopath he was still human, and he still needed to blink. Maybe he just did it to scare people. "You're British?" He asks her, raising one eyebrow. He could have sworn she was an american named Nyla, or was it another girl with blonde and brown hair? No there couldn't be many of those, certainly not in here. Conan tilts his head to the side slightly and cracks his fingers using his thumb while he looks at her. That was another scare tactic, looking directly at someone and never away. He got a thrill from scaring people.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Oh, yes." Cassie says giggling a bit at Conan. "Cracking your fingers can give you arthritis you know." She says before sighing. "Stop it." She says to him, the way he was looking at her made her stomach wrench and she felt like she needed to throw up. She shudders slightly before pulling her sweater sleeves over her hands, she had a habbit of doing this, not only when she was nervous but all of the time.

"Stop what?" Conan says, still not blinking, still looking at her. He was creeping her out, he knew that, he knew what she wanted him to stop doing but he smiled wickedly. "And I know it can, but I don't care." He shrugs his shoulders, stopping smiling and raising his eyebrows. "Why're you here, Cassie?" He couldn't stop himself, he wanted to know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back