Anime & Manga Animes to watch

Bachelor Snakeskin

Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
I am currently looking for some new animes or mangas to get into, I like stories like Monster, Black Butler, Hellsing and such and historical stuff. My last watch was Full Metal Alchemist Botherhood and I am looking for something in the same field if anyone has a good idea, please list them for me.

I honestly just always recommend Angel Beats! to anyone who hasn’t already seen it.xD But a great anime movie with a bit of a historical aspect added to it is Your Name. One of my all-time manga / anime obsessions is Sword Art Online. She author has started writing light novels for the manga to expand on the story and I love them.

I heard of all of them before, and I thought watching some of them too.
Maybe it is time to sit down with one them soon ^^

Maybe my hero aceadmia or the promised neverland would be a good choice? My taste in anime is horror or psychological. So I don't know anything really mainstream or like it.

But a great anime movie with a bit of a historical aspect added to it is Your Name.
Don't think I go so far that I'd say that Your Name have a historical aspect to it. I mean, it's still a great movie and I highly recommend it but it's not historical at all.

Don't think I go so far that I'd say that Your Name have a historical aspect to it. I mean, it's still a great movie and I highly recommend it but it's not historical at all.
I just meant that they look up historical facts in the movie and do some research. The facts aren’t real IRL, but I loved watching them discover the history within the movie.

Maybe my hero aceadmia or the promised neverland would be a good choice? My taste in anime is horror or psychological. So I don't know anything really mainstream or like it.

I did get into the promised neverland, I just forgot to finish it up 😭
I am going to start over on it 😀

The series is old and is finished but I'd recommend persona 4 the animation. Also the promised neverland (If someone hasn't already said that >)

Looks at the post above* oh...

Drifters has people of historical note being isekai'd into a fantasy land if that catches your interest.

Oda Nobuna no Yabou edges close into your typical romantic comedy/harem since Nobunaga and everyone else are genderbent, but I thought it was okay. They even managed to snag the composer who did Fairy Tail for the music.

Historical, eh? I would suggest Pandora Hearts (but ignore the ending and pick up the manga XD ) and Yona of the Dawn for that genre specifically. And, naturally, I'm a wee bit obligated to mention Attack on Titan due to the Germanic peasantry roots my intense Googling has said it has >_>

Also, and this is a slight stretch but not really--Magi! At least, it screams "historical" to me what with all the references to Middle Eastern folklore... anyway

I hope this was helpful in some way!

I'm going to recommend Hakuoki for historical anime. (And also has the elixir of life which is tangentially related to FMA somehow. XD)

You could also read Kaze Hikaru, there's no anime adaptation. It is one of the BEST manga series I have read, I love it to absolute bits. Its set at the exact same time as Hakuoki and has similar themes, but is straight historical - as in, no fantasy elements at all.
Not sure if there's an anime version, but Vagabond is a really good historical manga set in early 17th century.
Ooku is a good, but quite dark and mature themes manga set in an alternate history of the Edo period.

Fushigi Yugi is a manga and anime, which is like an isekai semi-historical story. There's a few different series of it. Both Fushigi Yugi and Genbu Kaiden are good.

I haven't read much of it but A Bride's Story is a well-liked and acclaimed historical manga set in Central Asia.

I haven't read much of it but A Bride's Story is a well-liked and acclaimed historical manga set in Central Asia.

+1

Could try Vinland Saga, Shoukoku no Altair, or Gunka no Baltzar too if we're recommending manga as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back