Alchemy: The Next Journey [Inactive]

"I do, however you don't have to pay me, I do this thing all the time and I have enough money, I do this work because it pleases me" Shade grinned "Don't worry I'm not that type of state alchemist, I only joined seven years ago, I haven't been in any wars but have faced enough challenges to say I have"

"pfft please, you call your daunting little paperwork challenging?" Thistle scoffed at the State Alchemist.

"To hell with the führer and to hell with the state. You obviously are just leaving all the real work to us vigilantes who just want to earn enough to live." She argued to him.

"I don't know if it was your brother who told me to be here or not, all i know is that i agreed to teach somebody." she said again as she looked at her nails and blew some dust off them.

(tapatalk so no bold or italics)

Mac looked back and forth between Thistle and the Major. He was lost. "Uh, the only thing I really care about is getting a place to sleep for the night. After that. Perhaps I could train a little with you both? I don't know why my brother would ask two people unless he thought it was important I got two sides of a story. So maybe that's what he wanted. What do you think?"

"Remember your place Vigilante, I'm still four ranks higher then you." Shade looked at Mac "You both may at my home if you wish, I've got plenty of beds" Shade's eye began to twitch "I really don't care about recruits unless I'm training them, however your friend the vigilante appears to have some history with the military" Shade looked back at her "We aren't all like that Fräulein. I have no idea what makes you think the military is all bad, and besides I've been writing books and doing research on things you've never even heard of for the past two years"

"You can go ahead and say that all you want, but I probably have better life experience..." She added kinda quietly. This was rather aggravating and time consuming for her, and to be honest she just wanted to leave. However...

"How about we just have a little fight? A demonstration for this guy here perhaps?" She suggested with a devilish look in her eyes. Thistle was looking forward to finally getting to fight this guy.

I bet he's just all talk... She thought to herself confidently.

Shade raised his gauntlets showing off his title "If you insist, I suggest we do so in a more suitable environment. I have a dueling ground at my family's home" Shade looked her in the eye "You know who I am, right?"

"No dip Sherlock, you did go about spewing your almighty name at least 3 times or so." She said sarcastically.

"Just lead the way and I'll defeat you, don't even worry about it...." She taunted him, obviously not being afraid. Because she was so small, often people underestimated her power with alchemy, though this was not the case whatsoever. Thistle was rather powerful and well known for her criminal killing...

I'll show him... She thought angrily in her mind, while keeping a cooler exterior.

"I only said my name once, however if a shrimp like you wants to challenge me. How can I say no to a powerful alchemist like yourself"

"Shrimp you say?! Would a shrimp like me even be able to challenge the great 'Giant ole mighty one' of the beanstalk!?" She said raising her voice slightly.

"You can't say 'no' because if you did it would just show how spineless you are." She said again, sticking her tongue out. Usually Thistle was rather childish and airheaded, however she was only 15...

"I was like you once, arrogant, annoying and overall someone who enjoyed life, but I grew up and saw how the world truly is. Also don't set me off, lets just get to my grounds" Shade started to walk towards his home

Mac put his hands over his head. This bickering was driving him nuts. He simply came to learn some alchemy. "Grrr… STAHP!!" As he said this, Mac clenched his eyes shut and clapped his hands together. He felt his stored potential energy coursing through his body, yet as he concentrated it to his hands, he lost control. There was a large flash as lightning shot in all directions, uncontrolled, dangerous, and explosive. An empty car of the train was hit and knocked off the track. When Mac heard the sound, he quickly opened his eyes and the lightning stopped. He looked around in shock at the circumference of damage he had created. Were the people next to him dead? Where were Shade and Thistle?

Mac was startled by the whistle. He was horrified by all of the pain he had caused people. He thought he heard a baby crying somewhere. At least that meant it wasn't dead, but was it hurt? "What was that? What have I done? I thought you couldn't do Alchemy without a transmutation circle! Shade? Wh-where's Thistle?"

Mac looked forward and realized a small hooded figure sprawled on the floor in front of him. He took a step back as astonished tears came to his eyes. "I, I… Thistle? I didn't mean to… Shade, she's okay, right?"

"I'll get someone down here to help" Shade looked her over "You have an impressive skill, a skill I've been studying, all I need is to see it in action" Shade walked in front of him "So do you want to be trained?"

Mac backed away further, his lower lip quivering slightly. "An impressive skill?! I-I just killed people. Including Th-Thistle…" Mac let his head drop slightly. He was over the surprise, but now the reality of the situation had sunk in. "I wanted to help people with alchemy. I thought I could control myself to do only good things, and that it would be fun. But this isn't fun. How can I control that. With a single thought, I caused so much devastation." Mac glared at Shade, almost accusingly. "Why would I want to train for destruction? You probably couldn't teach me anything else could you? You're a military dog… Just like my brother…" Mac's eyes widened with that sudden realization.

Shade lets out a slight chuckle "They're not dead, just hurt, and unconscious" Shade looked him in the eye "Military Dog, huh?" Shade lifted his gauntlets "My power rivals if not destroys that of the Führer, pick your words carefully, I may not have grown up like you, but I do have a very, very short fuse"

Mac cringed, disgusted. "That's exactly my point Shade. You said your power rivals… if not destroys. That's what you've trained for. Destruction. Give me one good reason why training with you would make me a better person!"

"I haven't trained for destruction, I've trained for peace, do you see me bulling those other Alchemists. We are all in a continuous war, a war I wish to have no part in but I must be involved. The Class War" Shade looked away from him and back at his gauntlets "I made this as tools of justice not for any kind of war, I don't destroy, you misinterpreted what I meant. I meant if I was forced to out of justice, if I wished I could crush the Führer" Shade looked him in the eye again "I'm one of the few State Alchemists that build a name for themselves among the people, I try to remove the boundary of class."

Mac looked down to his shoes, embarrassed. "Well that's very noble of you then isn't it?" began Mac, sincerely. "But… we're not forced to do anything. You could choose not to do violence, couldn't you? This just doesn't make sense to me. My brother became a state alchemist, and I always thought I wanted to follow in his footsteps. But now seeing what it entails… I'm not so sure.

Mac took in a quick surprised breath. He hadn't been prepared for that question. "Well… destruction… war… sadness… death. That's not what I wanted. I wanted to help people. How do you help people by hurting others?"

Shade let out a small chuckle "Is that what you've been told then? I and everyone I've ever trained has never spilled a drop of innocent blood, the Alchemists I train are those who make themselves known as saviors of the weak, breakers of the slaves"

Mac blinked, straining to keep everything in his head. He was starting to understand Shade, but he didn't want to. For some reason, he didn't want to think that there could be good in the military. "Uh… o-okay. I guess it wouldn't hurt to give you a chance. But just answer me one more question. Innocence… couldn't that just be considered a point of view?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back