• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern 「yours truly.」

peachnim

fabulous *:・゚✧

「yours truly.」

Muse A is the daughter of one of Kanazawa, Japan's most wealthy families. One might think that being born into such an elite lineage would be a blessing, but for Muse A, the money is a burden. Being the only child, she was brought up with her life written out for her as the heir of her father's company. Not only that, her parents expected her to marry into the family to keep the bloodline strong. Having no interest in the family business nor a marriage with a bland cousin, Muse A decided to cut ties with her family and leave the mansion.

Thus, Muse A is now living an ordinary life, assuming a regular college student with a part-time job on her hands. She is far from the troubles that her family name brings... that is, until her father grows ill. Upon falling into sickness, her father, the CEO of a major company in the area, realizes that he needs his only heir now more than ever. He reaches out to his daughter by sending the household's head butler, Muse B, to relay the message. Though her father would love for Muse A to return home, his priority is for Muse B to groom her into the heir of his company, as initially planned. In order to do so, he assigns his head butler to reside at Muse A's residence in order to watch over her until her twenty-fourth birthday.

When Muse A arrives home one day to see a rather handsome butler awaiting her, her quiet life is thrown into turmoil. The butler and his mistress couldn't be more different; Muse A wants nothing more than to kick the butler out of her apartment, yet Muse B is determined to fulfill his duty to stay by her side and train her. As their rocky companionship buds, another problem arises: the relationship between the mistress and her servant must remain just that. Nothing more, nothing less.

Will the two be able to put their differences aside and learn to depend on one another... without breaking the unspoken rules?!

(Short answer: No.)

YOURS TRULY.

Zipping down alleyways lined with dark red, wooden houses, Emiko wove her way into the main street, her hair whipping back as she cycled forward. The road sparkled in the clear sunlight, the puddles from the prior shower glittering like diamonds. As she propelled forward on her bicycle, the woman inhaled the crisp, summer breeze, the after-rain smell calming her body. She ventured further into the streets, until the aroma of baked bread and pastries, paired with the chatter of customers, could be heard from the local bakery.

But today, she wasn’t going to be stopping for a basket of choux à la crèmes. No, today, Nagamine Emiko would have to race past the old man trying to sell trinkets and even avoid the adorable neighborhood cat, Momo, just to be there in time.

In time for what? Why, the next episode of her current favorite drama of course!

Earlier that day, she’d rushed out of Kanazawa University’s doors, explaining to her closest friend, Rika, that this would be the episode where they would kiss. She was sure of it.

And so, as Emiko left the quaint area behind and sped into the modernized branch of the city, she narrowed her eyes in fierce determination. As the townhouses transformed into grey structures, the chit-chatter of folk was replaced by the rushing of vehicles.

Finally, the towering apartment building came into view. She braked before it, rushing to park the bicycle at her usual spot.

Tugging the straps of her leather backpack, the brunette jogged up the staircase and into her apartment room.

As soon as she entered, Emiko dropped her bag and tore off her windbreaker. There wasn’t a moment to lose.

The woman slid into her home slippers, down the wooden flooring, and into her living room. However, she was met not only with her television, but a tall form lounging in her residency as well.

tumblr_inline_ohvc5hge9b1tlqojs_500.gif
NAGAMINE EMIKO
MOOD | excited; startled.
ATTIRE | (x)
LOCATION | apartment.

Last edited:
Yours Truly
Do you understand?"

"Of course."

A sudden click notified Mako of the call's end. He sat down on the couch, running his hand through groomed hair, a frustrated sigh torn from his chest. It was odd—what was a man like him doing in a well tailored uniform? He was unsure, to be perfectly honest. Makoto Kyoyo tapped his foot on the floor, recalling the small, aggressive phone calls he made during the past two hours.

Negotiations, negotiations and the faint taste of freedom could be felt on the tip of his tongue.

He grunted to himself before accepting his fate. The uniform was more than a little odd but he probably should have accepted it. Mako could have asked for more details but all he knew was that, through Nagamine's daughter, he would find a way out. So when the thumping of footsteps alerted him to her presence, he was more than ready. In his mind, pictures of spoiled brats appeared. Mako was more than ready to deal with a difficult person but he was more than surprised when a young woman flew into the living room. She wore her house slippers, brown hair tumbling after her as she entered, her gaze landing on...him.

Standing abruptly, Makoto gave Mr. Nagamine's daughter a customary bow before rising once more. "Welcome home, Emiko," he greeted, giving her his best smile. "I've been assigned to watch over you as your butler." First impressions did matter and it would do him no good to make the pretty woman loathe him upon seeing him. He paused, giving her a questioning look before proceeding. "Your father's decision," he explained, subtly shifting his weight. It was all very odd, this position he was being given. But he would do his best—the reward at the end would allow him to tread through it.

YOURS TRULY.

As soon as the form, donned in an all-too-familiar uniform, spoke, Emiko’s eyes widened. Immediately, the woman shrieked, defending herself by hurling the nearest pillow at the stranger. She quickly grabbed a plush toy that lay on the sofa, and raised it up threateningly.

The man before her didn’t spark any memories of her past home, but his butler outfit did. She also had to consider that he looked young: slightly arched, dark eyebrows, layered hair, and a striking smile. Young enough to be one of her father's new employees.

Though the man could be telling the truth about his reasons for being in her residence, the realization that she couldn’t recall seeing him as a child, paired with the fact that he broke into her apartment, meant that she couldn’t take the risk.

“You’re lying,” she shook her head wildly, waving the plush toy in front of her like one would with a cross, “My dad and I don’t talk anymore. No, you’re here for something else—”

She’d faced situations like these many times before, but not anything on this level. Breaking and entering, then claiming they worked for her dad? Unbelievable.

Her features distorted as she continued her train of thought. “Money? Revenge? Or, or…” A gasp followed, and she took a defensive stance to cover herself as she imagined the worst.

tumblr_inline_ohvdqvsn3x1tlqojs_500.gif
NAGAMINE EMIKO
MOOD | startled. ready 2 fite
ATTIRE | (x)
LOCATION | apartment.

Yours Truly
Thump.

The whack of a pillow hit his side—unsure of how to respond, Makoto caught it before it fell. He had expected an odd greeting...just not this in particular. The plush toy that was raised to protect her garnered an arched brow from the man. If anything, she should have grabbed something more useful. But he supposed the daughter of Nagamine wouldn't be smart enough to do that.

As she analyzed him from head to toe, Makoto placed the pillow back on the couch. He held his hands up to signal he was not to hurt her. Dammit, Makoto knew he should have asked Mr. Nagamine for some more information. Or asked for the man to actually inform the woman before placing him in her apartment. Too late now.

"That explains a lot," he spoke slowly. "I was wondering why Mr. Nagamine didn't want to tell you." Mako let out a small chuckle at the sight of the woman. She looked rather ridiculous, waving it around as if it would give her any sort of protection. "Also, if you wanted to protect yourself properly, you should have grabbed something more harmful."

"I'm only here because I was instructed to be here," Makoto explained. "If you'd like, I could provide proof."

But the collective gasp from her chest caused him to choke. He coughed, twice, before clearing his throat and regaining his composure. The lady sure had one wild imagination—he couldn't help but be offended, though.

"I'm paid by your father. I don't want revenge. And not that, either." Makoto took a few steps towards her, his hands resting at his sides. "Look, you should call your father and hear it from him."

YOURS TRULY.

Emiko watched with hawk eyes as the stranger lifted his arms up as a sign of peace, his next words calm and steady despite her fury. He hadn’t made a move on her, nor had he lashed out in retaliation. His explanation made her lips part in reconsideration, her stance faltering as he approached her. The woman cautiously lowered her hands, her brows still knotted as she stared up at him.

Her voice was sharp as she began, “Okay, smart aleck, maybe the next time you break into my house, I’ll knock you out with the remote instead.”

However, seeing his composure, she cleared her throat, and took a deep breath. “Anyways, if you’re really telling the truth, then…” Emi began, biting her lip in thought.

What was it? The reason why her father would hire a butler to serve her, even after she’d cut off contact? She searched her mind for an explanation, and there was only one: he wanted her to return to the company.

But why?

Years of refusing to see her parents or respond to their calls, and giving the bodyguards they sent for her hell made them realize that bringing her back was futile. If Emiko had already made her point clear, why was her father trying to destroy her perfect life all over again?

Emi curled her fingers into the plush toy, and pursed her lips. She dropped her gaze, and released a troubled sigh. “Why… did my father send you? Besides because he needs you to ‘watch over me’. Give me the details.” Emiko slowly looked up, slightly nervous to hear the answer.

NAGAMINE EMIKO
MOOD | troubled.
ATTIRE | (x)
LOCATION | apartment.

Yours Truly
Makoto blinked, a small breath escaping his mouth as Emiko lowered her guard. "I doubt a remote would knock me out," he chuckled, placing a hand into his pocket. The man listened intently as the woman spoke. He hiked an eyebrow, surprised to see her composure that was steadily strengthening.

Makoto was ready to have the oh-so-obvious question thrown at him. An answer was in his mind, an explanation to all this madness. But really, it all could have been avoided if Mr. Nagamine wasn't so stubborn regarding his personal affairs. Makoto wrinkled his nose, the inconvenience of the whole thing was baffling.

The man took a the remote on the couch, turning on the television with a quick click. Allowing himself a second to think, Makoto turned to face the woman. A hand was brought up to rub the back of his neck. "Your father—he handy been doing well, health-wise," the man answered.

He ran his hand over the arm of the couch and let out a sigh. "You're to take over the company for obvious reasons." Makoto cleared his throat, hoping Emiko wouldn't burst out in tears. He really had no clue as to how to deal with that type of thing. The only time Makoto really attempted to comfort a female was when his sister sobbed over some dreaded male who broke her heart. And even then, he was barely able to help. Makoto hoped it wouldn't be a repeat of history and silently prayed for her not to cry.

YOURS TRULY.

Swallowing hard, Emiko watched as the man switched on the television, her mind too busy to wonder why he acted like he owned the place. She instead waited patiently for a response, trying not to let her anxiousness poke through.

"Your father—he hasn’t been doing well, health-wise… You're to take over the company for obvious reasons.”

With each syllable, Emi felt the world around her cave in. Her lips parted as he explained—irritatingly calm all the while—her father’s spontaneous actions. He dropped two giant bombs on her, but as she stood there, all she could do was blink.

After some time, the woman shook her head to snap out of it, and wandered over to sit on the sofa. She released a heavy, heavy sigh.

Although Emiko never wanted the life her parents gave her, that didn’t mean that somewhere, deep down, she didn't love them. It was rather the opposite: all these years, the woman despised herself for being able to hold such affection for a ruthless and coldhearted man. Even after all the things he did, after all the lives he destroyed, Emi knew that she could never truly hate him. And more than anything, she feared that one day he would come to bring her back home, and the same, helpless nine-year-old in her would follow in desperation.

What she never expected, however, was the fact that her father was in worse condition than she’d left him in. Emi had enough sense to know that when the stranger explained it was time for her to take the reins, he meant that it was because her father needed her. Desperately.

He was gravely ill. He had to be.

A wave of panic washed over her, her features contorting at the thought. She chewed on her lip, trying to make sense of the situation, but to no avail. It was all happening so fast: what seemed to be the perfect evening to catch up on a new episode became a new edition of Goosebumps, featuring her as the main character.

“So, what, I’m supposed to learn how to be a CEO now?” Emiko finally started, her tone bitter, “I’m supposed to live the life I never asked for… just because my dad is sick?

She got to her feet, her chest wrenching as she did so. With narrowed eyes, the woman clenched her jaw, trying to push back whatever she was feeling. “Well… it looks like you’ve made a wasted trip. I’m not going to take over the company, and I’m certainly not going to need you.”

The woman continued, her stare steady. “The door is that way.”

NAGAMINE EMIKO
MOOD | upset.
ATTIRE | (x)
LOCATION | apartment.

Yours Truly
Please. Don't. Cry.

Makoto let out a small breath in relief. She had only blinked—soon after, she sighed. But there were no signs of any waterworks nor the common reddening of the eye. Honestly, this was ridiculous. He couldn't help but wonder if the entire ordeal was just an amusing game played by Mr. Nagamine. Mako wouldn't be surprised, but he decided to give the old man the benefit of the doubt in this case.

Which was surprising considering how the man had placed Mako under a bind. A father, Nagamine had called himself. And yet he was no other than a prison warden tugging at the leash of Mako, the prisoner. There were no bars but those were not needed. So it displeased Mako that his freedom from the man came from a woman who wasn't willing to take over.

"That's what your father has planned, so yes," Makoto answered steadily. Irritation washed over him. If Mr. Nagamine planned for this inexperienced little girl to take over the company, why in the hell did he screw up their relationship? He sighed, casting Emiko a scrutinizing glance.

"I know exactly where the door is," he stated with a hiked brow. "It's the one I used to get in." Rummaging through his pockets, pulling out a key ring. He jingled it in front of her before placing it back. "And you do need me. To guide you through becoming a competent CEO and to make sure you don't find yourself dead in the gutters in the process." It was harsh, yes, but the man was quickly losing his patience. He gave her a smile, knowing the truth would be shocking unless Emiko knew of how her father dealt with things. And despite how many times she would insist for him to leave, Makoto would not take a single step towards the door.

YOURS TRULY.

Just when she thought the man would have the decency to turn and leave, he instead made a show of raising his brow, and pulling out keys from his pocket. Keys to her apartment. To top it off, his words were just as biting as hers were, if not more.

But, what piqued her the most was his smile. The simple curling of his lips made her want to rip something—someone—into bits.

How could he smile? After all the unwanted revelations this stranger bombarded her with, he remained detached, with an aggravating undertone of superiority. She didn’t know if that was his concept, or if he was doing it simply to get to her, but it just made her feel worse.

The fact Emiko could not attack him for it was equally bothersome. He was just doing his job, and, like all the other people who’d been involved in her personal life because of her family name, she didn’t have the right to take her anger out on him. Well, that didn’t mean she wouldn’t be giving him a painful time if he chose to stay.

She held her glare, at a momentary loss for words. “You’re unbelievable,” was all she could finally muster, her gaze averting as she let out another sigh. The woman unfolded her arms, and made sure to shove past him as she started for the front door.

Emi stopped mid-step, tilting her head to look back at the stranger. “Your first task as my butler: follow me. Lucky you, you’re going to take me to meet my father.”

NAGAMINE EMIKO
MOOD | upset.
ATTIRE | (x)
LOCATION | apartment.

Yours Truly
Makoto was nearly about to reinforce his wordings—the girl looked enraged and seemed to want him to exit as soon as he was able. It was an amusing sight, really. But Makoto was too focused on getting her to actually cooperate and uncomfortably shifting his weight. Her stare was heated, burning holes into his suit. The man attempted to ignore it by blowing a breath and placing a hand within his pocket. He felt as if he showed a moment of weakness or a crack in his otherwise solid resolve, she would hound and bite him until nothing remained. It wasn't an appealing way to go.

"Unbelievably handsome?" He smirked, wanting to somehow make light of the situation—he also enjoyed seeing her seethe. The woman brushed past him, only causing the man to take a cautious step backwards to brace for a slap. Relief washed over him as she made her way towards the front door. He tilted his head.

"Alright, but you do have a vehicle, don't you?" Makoto trailed after her as they both headed down. "If not, we could use my car."

It was parked near the front. A black thing with tinted windows and still had the 'new car smell' lingering on its leather seats. He led her towards the door, popping it open before sliding himself inside. "Get in, Ms. Nagamine," he stated. The man glanced towards the sides, making sure there were no suspicious bystanders before gesturing her to get inside with his fingers.

YOURS TRULY.

As she made her way down the staircase and out into the parking lot, Emiko tilted her head to raise her brows. “Well, college was always nearby, so I’ve only used bikes and buses since graduating.”

She didn’t mention the fact that she was both deathly terrified and horrible at driving. After failing her license exam both times, Emiko practically gave up on the whole ordeal.

When the two stopped before a sleek, black car, her expression visibly brightened. However, she just as quickly hid her delight with the clear of her throat.

“Well then, thank you.” She spoke quickly, but her lips subconsciously curled up either way.

The woman hopped inside the back, but not before catching a glimpse of her ‘butler’ scanning the perimeter. In a lighter situation, she would’ve snorted at his amusing actions, but her mind was still preparing to face her father. So, with the shake of her head, Emi closed the car door, and buckled up.

She glanced out the window, pressing her forehead against it. The situation itself felt so surreal, that this was her only coping method; the fact that Emiko was in a car, trusting a strange intruder she’d only just met, on her way to meet her father, was beyond bizarre. However, something about the man made her trust him. Somehow, he made her more than sure that he was going to listen and drive her back to the company.

But that trust made reality strike her even harder. He was taking her to the company. Doux. The same place she thought she would never have to see again.

Every passing left her even more nervous than the last. What would she say? What was she supposed to say? After nearly four years of no contact, here she would be, stepping back into the place like nothing had happened.

Just the thought of having to face a mother whose calls she ignored to this day, along with an ill father with whom she’d left on irreparable terms, was enough to make her lean back and sink deeper into her seat. Plagued by worry, the woman hadn't said a word since the 'thank you', her mind stuck in six places at once.

tumblr_inline_ohvijsTmjl1tlqojs_500.gif
NAGAMINE EMIKO
MOOD | nervous.
ATTIRE | (x)
LOCATION | makoto's car.

Yours Truly
Placing his hand on the steering wheel, Makoto drove the car away from the apartment. The drive was silent—Emiko seemed perfectly content with gazing out of the window. The man only sent a couple curious glances towards the female; what was going on through her pretty mind? Makoto had some thoughts of his own—Nagamine hadn't seen the man after he shouted at him and stormed off. Their only method of contact was through his mobile and even then, the tension was high. He would have to put on his best act and remain utterly patient before the man.

He stopped the vehicle, parking it towards the front of Kanazawa Hospital. Makoto opened the door for Emiko to clamber out and tossed the keys to a man in a black suit. A bitter taste was left in his mouth. He wore such a suit only days before—now, he donned the outfit of a butler. The suited man nodded towards him in recognition. He stepped aside, allowing him entrance to the hospital along with his companion. Shoving the door open, Makoto entered the elevator and hit the button for the tenth floor. As the doors slide closed, Makoto shifted his weight. "Excited to see your father?" He asked. The silence was heavy and it was doing him no good.

The doors slid open and the two stepped out. "Its the first one," he gestured. "Do you need me to go in with you?" Two suited men stood besides the doors, their gazes fixated on them. Even in a hospital, Nagamine still insisted on heavy security. Makoto knew that the man was paranoid at times—it had been more than many times that Mako had to reassure him. Of course, none of it would work well considering guards followed the CEO everywhere. Makoto swallowed before turning towards Emi once more.

YOURS TRULY.

Before she knew it, the car stopped before a looming structure, one that wasn’t branding the huge block letters D-O-U-X.

A hospital. The revelation crashed down on her harder than bricks, her features paling. Only the worst scenarios clouded her thoughts, a picture of her father's paper white, sickly face already playing out in her mind.

“...Dad…” she murmured, her eyes moistening. She rapidly blinked back tears, unwilling to break down because a) it would be for a person like her father and b) that know-it-all butler was still with her.

Struggling to conceal the tension in her expression, Emiko fumbled with the inner handle before the stranger pulled the car door open for her. He tossed the keys to another unfamiliar man, and Emi watched wide-eyed all the while. As she climbed out and followed her supposed butler into the hospital, she chewed on her lip, her pace lagging behind.

‘I can’t do this.’

‘Yes, you can. Don’t start chickening out now, and you’ll be fine.’

Clutching the ends of her skirt, the woman swallowed, nodded to herself, and quickened her pace. The two entered the elevator, with the stranger’s swift actions proving to her that he was telling the truth. The silence in the elevator made it clear: in only a few minutes, Emiko would be standing in the same room as her father.

She released a shaky sigh. Seconds after, the stranger spoke up.

"Excited to see your father?"

Breaking into a bitter chuckle, the woman looked up at her companion. Excited. Funny.” she repeated, shaking her head as she turned back to the elevator door.

They finally stepped out into the tenth floor, the scene before her making a wave of memories hit her. Suited men stood rigidly before the first door, reminding her of the endless staff surrounding her from childhood.

"It’s the first one. Do you need me to go in with you?"

Every cell in her body froze. Swallowing hard, she shook her head, her eyes glued to the room door. “No, I’m not a kid. I’ll be fine.” Emiko lied, her fingers subconsciously latching onto the end of the stranger’s sleeve.

tumblr_inline_ohvijsTmjl1tlqojs_500.gif
NAGAMINE EMIKO
MOOD | nervous.
ATTIRE | (x)
LOCATION | hospital.

Yours Truly
He had seen only one person lie as terribly as Emiko at this moment. And that was his sister when Makoto was ten. She had lied about not taking one of his belongings, to which he marched into her room and found the very thing 'hidden' on her bed. "Not a child," he chuckled, sending a hiked brow to the fingers clutching the end of his sleeve.

"I guess I'll be going with you."

Wrapping his fingers around her arm, Makoto gently tugged Emi through the open doors. They fell close behind them, the beeping of the hospital room now present. Before them was Mr. Orochi Nagami—tucked underneath a white sheet with an IV attached to his wrist, the man turned his head towards the two. Mako quickly released her arm and bowed stiffly. "I brought Emiko here upon her request."

The old man didn't look at all confused. He had a small smile on his face, crinkles surrounded his eyes. "My daughter—how long has it been since we last talked?" He asked, tilting his head curiously. Orochi nodded towards Mako expectantly. Taking a deep breath, Makoto kept his face straight as he moved over to help Nagamine sit up.

"Emi, how have you been? Are you enjoying your new butler?"

Mako stiffened as the man patted his back. Uncomfortable, he returned to his straightened position besides Emi. He said not a word, worried he would speak rashly. This was an odd moment—he knew to at least not ruin it for the girl.

YOURS TRULY.

Though she’d insisted on going alone, it was obvious even to a stranger that she was far from ‘fine’. Her head swiveled up to peer up at the man when he began to lead her with one, swift move. Swallowing one more, Emiko followed him, her gaze returning to the door before them.

They stepped into the room, the mechanical beeping being the only sound besides their movement. Her eyes instantly landed upon an almost still figure, his form nestled into a white bedsheet. His breathing was shaky yet rhythmic, his skin weary and drooped from both time and stress. Emiko found herself frozen in place, her gaze stuck upon the same, dark brown orbs she’d looked up at as a child.

They were different now, softer than she remembered. Maybe it was because the woman only remembered the greed, the ambition, the unfeelingness in them from her memories, but whatever the reason, one thing still hadn’t changed.

They were Nagamine Orochi’s.

Her father’s.

And, no matter how wretched this aged man was, he was always going to be simply that. Seeing him now, weak and vulnerable, broke a few of the bricks she stacked between them.

Taking cautious steps forward, Emiko felt her lips part, a massive rock wedging between her throat as she struggled to form words. Her father spoke for her, however, and the moment he did, her features contorted. A small sound escaped her lips as her eyes welled up with tears.

Damn it. She was crying.

"Emi, how have you been? Are you enjoying your new butler?"

Gasping in the midst of sobs, Emiko shook her head madly. “Dad…! Why are you worrying about me? Why aren’t you mad at me?” She bit her lip to prevent another set of tears, as there was still a shred of dignity she wanted to save.

Her father simply crinkled his eyes in affection towards her, told her not to cry, and in an instant, all her frustration, all her enmity, vanished. Without a moment of hesitation, Emiko wrapped her father in her arms, burying her tear-stained face in his shoulder. She felt him pull her closer, and for a moment, they found comfort in each other.

Finally, the woman let go, wiping whatever tears left in the process.

“I still hate you.” Emiko mumbled, holding her father’s hand. He laughed, and soon, so did she.

After the laughter receded, the woman shook her head in disbelief, taking a seat on the bed beside her dad. “How come I only just figured out about this? And from a total stranger, no less!” Emiko questioned, motioning to her ‘butler’ accusingly.

“Well, you blocked my phone number, and you never pick up your mother’s calls.”

Ouch. That much was true.

She shifted in her seat, her head lowering. In an instant, however, she looked back up, her brows knotted upwards. “But, Dad, this isn’t fair. You know how much I hated taking over then, and even an illness… can’t change that." Shaking her head, Emiko shot both men an apologetic look.

“I’m sorry. I… can't. This isn’t going to change the fact that I don’t want that sort of life. I have my own life now. A good college, new friends... A normal life. I'm... happy.” she admitted, resolute in her decision.

Rather than frowning, her father let out a long, heavy sigh. Somehow, the change in reaction made her heart sting with guilt. It truly felt like her dad was certain that this illness would be his demise. All the previous, harsh words dissipated—at least before her—and all that was left was a sick, elderly man. A man who loved his daughter very much, it seemed. Enough not to yell at her for being so stubborn.

“All right. You don’t have to take over DOUX.” he informed simply, leaning back against a pillow. Emiko was ready to retort, but stopped short at the realization that her father wasn’t arguing.

Wide-eyed, the woman raised her brows. “Wait… really?”

“Really.”

She looked up at the stranger, her mouth ajar. Slowly, her lips curled upwards, and she turned back to look at her father. “Thank you, Dad! Thank you, thank you, thank—”

“But… at least fulfill two of my last wishes.” her father interrupted, a glint in his eye.

“‘Last?’ Come on, don’t say that—”

“—My two last wishes.” Orochi looked up at the younger man, his stare fixated on him as he spoke. “Let Makoto fulfill his duties. He will look after you. No if’s, but’s, or and’s.”

Ah, that was the father she remembered. ‘No if’s, but’s, or and’s’—a trademark, really.

But even Emiko could handle this stranger named ‘Makoto’. If it came to it, she’d simply drive him nuts and watch him flee on his own. The real question was what the other request was. A curious look entered her as she tilted her head.

“And?”

“And visit the company just once. Tomorrow there’s going to be a shareholder’s meeting. I just want you to be there instead of me, that’s all.”

Again, Emiko peered at her father, then up at Makoto. It was obvious, from her pursed lips and deepening frown, that she had no idea what was going through her dad’s brain. Eventually, when he started coughing, she found herself blinking out the confusion, then nodding in agreement.

One visit. That was all. It couldn’t hurt, could it?

tumblr_inline_ohvgwxrxLF1tlqojs_500.gif
NAGAMINE EMIKO
MOOD | tearful; shocked.
ATTIRE | (x)
LOCATION | hospital.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back