• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern [×] Camp Blackwood Summer Camp [×] -- Active Participants only! { CLOSED }

graphic_biscuit

tis i, the frenchiest fry.
This week was going to be interesting.

Carmen climbed out of her mother's convertible, pulling her bulky duffel bag along with her. She raised her arms above her head, stretching her sore muscles out. That car ride was horrible, she felt so stiff. Her parents who where up in the front, waved to her.

"We love you, Cici. Have fun, and don't cause too much trouble!" Her mother called out jokingly, flashing her a warm smile. Carmen returned it, a small laugh escaping her lips. She let out a small sigh, waved goodbye to her parents, and continued forward into the woodsy camp. Her converse sank into the soft soil below her as she walked. Different kinds of birds flew overhead and chirped their song. She could get used to his, it was very peaceful. She passed a beautiful, long strawberry patch that stretched for a few miles. She smiled to herself, slinging her duffel bag over her shoulder.

She soon reached a fairly large building that seemed to be the mess hall. Her olive green eyes darted about the area, looking for anyone who could tell her where to go. A few other people, who looked a little older than her, were walking about nearby. She was a little intimidated to ask them anything, but she couldn't just wander randomly. Hesitantly, she made her way over to the group of young adults.

Carmen is open for interaction.

Logan drove up to the front of the campsite and parked his red, 1998 Pontiac. It was his brother’s old car. He got out and headed towards the leader’s cabin with his face buried in the campground map. He heard many young voices as he walked through the grounds, but decided to not talk to them until he had to. Logan always was sort of an introvert. He just couldn’t bring himself to talk to new people, and if he did, there was always a reason for it.

Logan reached the leader cabin and set his stuff down next to the first bunk he saw across from the doorway. He laid down in the bunk, feeling out the mattress. “Typical camp mattress”, he muttered to himself. The mattress was uncomfortable and loud when moved around on. “That’s okay. I’ve felt worse”, he said to himself trying to get himself into a positive mental attitude. “I am a leader aren’t I? I guess it’s time to put on a smile and torture some kids with ‘fun’ games, early mornings, and late nights.” Logan chuckled to himself, remembering his days at different camps that he went to. Logan left the cabin after setting his stuff up, put a smile on his face, and followed the voices of campers and perhaps some other adults.

Logan is open for interaction.

“Nice place ... can we go back now?” Blakely asked her brother as she looked around the camp, not bothering to take her earphones out and listen to the ‘wonderful sounds of nature’. Lucian shook his head, letting out a small, inaudible laugh at hearing this. They had barely exited the bus that brought them to camp Blackwood, and the white haired girl was already sick of it. And to think Lucy was the tech freak here ...

“Come on Blake, give it a chance. Don’t you think a change from the concrete jungle is refreshing?” Lucian said with an optimistic smile on his face.

“Eh ... Nope.” Came the reply.

“Who knows, maybe one of us will get lucky and find a boyfriend?” The black haired teen continued, wiggling his brows in a suggestive manner, acting as if he hadn’t heard his sister’s previous words.

“Keep it in your pants, lover boy.” Blake teased, only to receive a mocking punch on her arm.

“Shut up.” The boy muttered under his breath, as Blake put her phone away.

The two of them kept walking forward until they reached a large cabin made of wood. To Blake, whose sense of orientation was worse than a broken GPS’s everything looked the same. Lucy, shooting gamer extraordinare, already had this place’s “map” memorized.

“There’s the mess hall, the cabins ...” Lucian started rambling on and Blakely nodded her head in a half-hearted manner, knowing she would have to rely on her twin in order to get around.

As he was showing his twin around, Lucy’s eyes feel on a girl who looked around the same age as him. “Let’s go and introduce ourselves then.” He announced and started to –literary- push his sister from behind before she could run away from human interaction, as per usual.

“Uh...” Blake started, once she was face to face with the brunette, unsure what to say as she looked at the other girl.

“Hello. I’m Lucian Sanders. This is my twin, Blakely. Nice to meet you.” Lucy introduced the both of them, already used to having to do this. Dang, was it hard to live with a huge introvert.

Startled by the sudden voices, Carmen spun around, almost dropping her duffel bag into the dirt. Two people who looked the same age as her stood infront of her. It took her a moment to get her composure back in check, but nevertheless, she began to speak.

"Oh, hiya." Damn it, that was lame. She thought to herself, biting her lower lip. "It's nice to meet you, Lucian and Blakely."

Carmen stuck out her hand, offering them a small yet friendly smile.

"My name is Carmen Montgomery. I'm glad to see some other people who don't look several years older than me." she said, a small laugh escaping her lips.

"You can call us Lucy and Blake if you want." Locian replied with a warm smile. "Nice to meet you Carmen." He added, shaking the girl's hand in greeting, before starting to scan the area once again, looking for the next victim person he should introduce himself to .

"Yeah. Nice to meet you." Blake said with a shrugh, following suit with her brother greeting handshake, so she wouldn't appear impolite. Blake didn't return the other girl's smile. It wasn't like she disliked Carmen, she just wasn't too excited about neither the camp nor meeting new people, so, rather than give an obvious fake-smile, she choose to keep her usual neutral expression.

Blake awkwardy stood besides Carmen, not really knowing what to say -or if she should even say something- as she watched her brother go ahead and greet an older looking ... man? Kid? What was even the apropiate term for him?

"Hello. I'm Lucian Blake. I'm here with my sister, Blakely. Nice to meet you." Lucy said, as he pointed his thumb towards h white haired girl. "Nice to meet you." He added, extending a hand to shake in greeting. "I assume you're one of the camp counselors?" He asked, obseving that the other was looking a bit older than himself.

“Well hello there Lucian and Blakely. It’s nice to meet you two as well! I’m Logan Westbrook”, Logan said to both of them. Logan doesn’t have a problem talking to campers, ‘I mean, they’re just kids. Just... very slightly-younger-than-me kids’, Logan said to himself in his head. “Yes indeed, I’m one of your camp counselors this year. Did you find everything okay? I know the cabins were a little tricky to find but once you get there, everything is pretty tightly knit from that point on. If you need help finding anything or have any questions about myself or Camp Blackwood, let me know!”, Logan said keeping the smile on his face for as long as possible.

Blake gave a awkward half-wave from afar, wishing she could just go to the cabins and sleep already. She kind of just stood there, trying to find something to move her gaze one, except for the people surrounding her. Finally, the girl settled with looking at a random butterfly who just so happened to rest a few feet across from her.

"Nice to meet you too Logan." Lucian said, returing the smile twicefold -if that was even possible- "Thanks for the help, but I kinda have the layout of this place memorized already, since I've looked it up online ... " Lucy continued with a sheepish smile. "However, I'll be sure to ask you for help if I ever get confused about something." He finished, friendly smile never leaving his face. "Any idea how many of us will be around this summer?" The boy asked, trying to make small talk untill he found other people to introduce himself -and his twin- to.

“Yeah, there’s actually not too many guys. I believe it’s just you, me, and there’s another boy on the list... let’s see here..”, Logan said while looking on his clipboard at names. “Here we go, Sigmund Dale is the only other boy that is scheduled to be here. Looks like the boy’s cabin will be pretty quiet this year”, Logan said with a chuckle. “Anyways, it’s good that you know the campgrounds. That’ll be a big help later. This is my first year here, so I’m still learning them myself. Well, since there aren’t any other male counselors, I’ll go ahead and move my stuff to the boy’s cabin.”

Logan walked off the same direction he came hoping he’d find himself back at the cabins. Sure enough, he stumbled upon his cabin. Logan walked in, packed all of his bedding back up and moved it into the boy’s cabin a little to the right of his own. “These boys better sleep on time or I might strangle them.” Logan muttered to himself as he unpacked again to his new bunk a little farther in than his last.

Bethany felt the welcoming rays of the summer sun kissing her face as the young woman drove through the camp grounds in her golf cart. The counselor arrived a little bit early along with the other fellow counselors to help with setting up and getting registration ready. It was an exciting day today, knowing that she came back from her hometown deep in the suburbs. Parking her vehicle into the parking lot next to the Big House, she switched it off.

"BETH! BETHANNNYYY!" A voice screamed out. She jumped, her body quickly turning to see what happened. "...Poppy?" Bethany called out, looking around where the disembodied voice came from. Out of nowhere a flash of fiery red popped out of the forest as Poppy tackled her prey. Bethany yelped as the two went down as the redhead cackled in glee.

"Poppy, what the heck?" Bethany said as her white shorts we're covered with a light bill of dust. Poppy grinned at the fellow counselor with glee. "I'm just super duper excited to see you again, Bee!" The ex-counselor said, helping the other up.

Dusting herself off, she gave her a look, "Oh yeah? I missed you too, sad that you're not gonna be with us this year."

"Yeah, but Ziggy is gonna be here!"

"Your brother is always here every year." She said. "Speaking of which, where is he?"

---

The sound of leaves crunching filled the air, as red colored Converses walked across the field. Sigmund smiled as the familiar yet breathtaking scenery surrounded him. It never gotten old over the years. It was always fun being here.

He knew the routine by now: Pick your bunk, go to the Big House and register, play games with the counselors, listen to the rules being introduced, yada yada yada.

Pushing the door aside he stepped inside the cabin. Surprisingly the boy's cabin seemed a bit empty this year.

His eyes searched for his favorite bunk, aha! Sigmund grinned as he took his stuff to the nearest bunk. It was perfect, a bottom bunk with the only outlet and also the farthest from everybody else. Tossing his junk on top of the bunk, Sigmund began to unzip his suitcase and lay out his items across.

Carmen shifted awkwardly in place, fiddling with a few strands of her light brown hair. She felt a bit uncomfortable, she wasn’t really sure what to say. Carmen glanced over at her, smiling nervously.

“So, uhm,” She began. “How’re you doing with all-“ She gestured to the camp and he various people walking about. “-this?”

She awaited an answer, biting her lower lip. That question was a little dumb, but she couldn’t think of anything else. She nudged the tip of her high tops into the soft dirt, hoping she didn’t come off as weird or anything.

Outside of the Big House, Matthew inhales deeply. The sun is set high in the sky, and clouds appear as if they might produce rain throughout the night. A smile forms on his face, and brown eyes fill with excitement. He has always cherished rainfall, and likes how it cleans the air. The only downside of rain in the woods was that it caused a lot of mud, but sometimes mud makes for fun adventures.

Today he is wearing a green tee-shirt, and dark wash jeans that fit his frame nicely. Boots made for this kind of environment adorn his feet, and make distinct sounds as he moves on the patio of the Big House. Matthew picks up his clipboard, and starts reviewing some of the activities he has written down. He begins to wonder if the campers will enjoy sea shell collecting, and then turning their finds into unique accessories. With a shrug of his broad shoulders, the man looks up from his clipboard as he hears a car pull up into the parking lot. He notices Bethany talking with a woman who has red hair, so he decides to go and greet them.

"Bethany! There you are..." He waves at her, approaching her slowly. He grows anxious to express his crafting ideas with her, his eyes looking her over only once. "You look wonderful!"

Matthew nods to the red-head, offering her a polite grin. He runs a hand through his hair, for today he chose not to style it with any gel. A laugh escapes his lips as he locks gazes with Bethany. "I fixed the ice cream machine in the Mess Hall. Woo!"

Last edited:
Logan heard the door open as had just began to sit down, so he stopped himself and stood back up. “Hello there”, Logan said awkwardly to the redhead boy unpacking his things. “I’m Logan Westbrook and I’ll be one of your camp counselors this year!”, Logan said running through the normal introduction he gave to every new camper he met hoping to alleviate any awkwardness. “If this is your first time here, you can ask me any questions about the grounds, myself, or really anything you need to know. I’m not too good with locations and all of that, this is my first year here.”

As Logan awaited the boy’s response, he sat back down on his bunk. Although the car ride here made him pretty stiff, Logan was tired and preferred to sleep rather than go and do any games. “I know the counselors have their own cabin, but it seems I’m the only male counselor this year and there’s only two other male campers so I went ahead and put my stuff in here rather than staying alone.” Logan said knowing in his mind it probably would’ve been a much better idea to have stayed where he was. Logan tried rubbing his tiredness out of his eyes.

Carmen sighed to herself, making her way towards the girls’ cabin. She stepped onto the wooden porch, adjusting the strap of the duffel bag on her shoulder. A pang of nervousness bloomed in her chest, but she ignored it, pushing the cabin door open and stepping inside.

The cabin itself wasn’t half bad. Nobody was there yet, which was good for Carmen. She felt the nervousness melt away, a small sigh escaping her lips. The cabin had a few beds that were bare, except for some others that had sheets already. She chose one of the beds near the window and set her duffel bag at her feet. She cracked her knuckles, a giddy smile spreading across her face.

Time to decorate.

Last edited:
The girls stopped talking, their attention now focused on Matthew. Poppy looked over to her friend, smiling. "I'll smell you later, Beth. It was nice seeing you!" She said before walking towards her car.

Bethany waved to Poppy before looking back to Matthew, a wide smile graced her pink lips. "Are you serious? Finally! I was so bummed when the machine wasn't working during training week. Especially since we were all outside helping Jodie weeding her garden." She tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. "You're a hero." she teased, her eyes meeting Matthew's. He was a great guy, she did not know much of him until training week with the other counselors. That was fun. "Are you excited for camp this year? I got something pretty interesting ideas for this year's prank with the campers." she said, rubbing her hands together as she let out mischievous giggle.

--

Sigmund jumped at the sound of the other. He relaxed realizing it was just a counselor, "Really? That's cool, man." Sigmund said, looking at the other in observation. "I actually been here since I was thirteen, guess I could help you around." He awkwardly joked. Ugh, what a dork. "That is actually strange, I guess this year Molly didn't advertise enough. Next year I hope to be a counselor since I'll be old enough!" In truth he was actually excited for it, considering he'll finally get the golf cart privileges that Bethany and his sister Poppy would sometimes abuse. "I'm Sigmund by the way, but everyone in camp calls me Ziggy."

After about a half an hour of unpacking and decorating, Carmen threw her empty duffel bag next to her bed. She let out an exasperated sigh, tucking a few stray strands of her hair behind her ear. She was pretty satisfied with her work, and decided to explore the rest of the camp.

She wandered out of her cabin, her olive green eyes filled with curiosity. Her gaze shifted towards one of the trails that lead into the woods.

One walk wouldn’t be so bad, right? She thought to herself. I’ll be back in time to participate in whatever events that happen.

She made her way towards the trail, her converse thumping rhythmically against the dirt, slipping away behind the tall pine trees.

Blake was still lost in her own would and, by the time she registered Carmen's words, the other girl had already gone ahead to the cabins without ther. "Great way to make a good first impression, as usual." The girl muttered to herself, sarcasm dripping from her voice. Lettiong out a sigh, Blakely started to walk back towards her brother, kicking a random stone as she moved forward.

"Which way were the girl's cabins again?" She asked, too shy and introverted to ask one of the counselours, like she should.

"Over there." Lucy said, pointing towards the building in question. "Don't get lost." He joked, before going back to trying to find new people to introducem himself to.

"Thanks." Blakely replied, rather bitterley, before starting to head back towards the girl's cabin.

===
Once she was inside, Blake made sure to choose the bed in the most further away corner. After the teenager noticed Carmen was decorating, she decided to do the same. Some manga under the bed, a few anime posters on the walls, one or two pairs of tangled earhopes randomlly scattered around, and a pillow which read "Sempai" slammed in the middle of the mattress ought to do the job.

By the time she was done unpacking, Carmen had already left the room, so Blakely simply picked out one of her old mangas, lounged on the bed, and started to read it again for the dozen time.
===

After giving his twin directions, Lucy spent a little more time just looking around, taking it all in before heading to the boy's cabin. Once he got in, he noticed others were already inside. Oh well, the more the merrier.

"Hy there. I'm Lucian Sanders, but you can call me Lucy." He said, as he eyed the cabin, gleeful at seeing the bunk beds. "Nice to meet you guys ... ah, hello again Logan!"

Lucian didn't hesitate to pick a bed near a window, an put his stuff on the bottom bunk, knowing he would sleep on the top one. "I've actually never been here before." He started, hoping to make some small talk. Unlike his twin, he prefered chatter and fun over calm and quiet.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back