• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Yakuza: Keepers of the Peace - IC

Midnight Paragon

Savior of Dusk
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Kamurocho; what a place to be right now. And what a time to be a Yakuza! It certainly proved to have some interesting moments, and for Ryoma, what had happened only a few months ago left such an impact that he was still thinking back to it. The Lieutenant sat on an old leather couch, a coffee table in front of him, as he stared up at the TV overhead, mindlessly going through the news that popped up. He still couldnt believe that Dojima was dead, and that it was his very own Dragon that did the deed. Talk about ironic; he took a sip of the brandy held inside the small ornate glass in his hand and laughed lightly to himself. It was a good thing the bar was empty tonight, and he thought back to being introduced to it by some of the other Shirasawa regulars. The Golden Koi, it was called; a Shirasawa favorite, and a place that looked, and felt, vintage, as if the very building fought against the changing millennium.

Ryoma sighed; it was just him and the Mama tonight, seems like. He hadn't had a night off in a long time, and here he was, watching the news and sipping on brandy. How exciting. Even the Mama had slipped into the back room when he wasnt looking to do...well, probably something better than this. He laughed again as he leaned back in his chair, observing his drink. "Things got real quiet ever since Kiryu got put in the slammer. Wonder if everyone is scared to fuck up now that hes gone...?" He said aloud, then shook his head, his gaze returning back to the news. He never thought he would be this bored on a Saturday night. He couldnt even do Karaoke; he was an awful singer, and definitely no where near drunk enough to not care. "Hm. Maybe I'll go have a smoke soon..." he said to himself, scratching his chin.

RandiBauer1 RandiBauer1 Vennkill Vennkill Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia

Aurora walks into the Golden Koi with hand on her hip and sees Ryoma. then walks up to him and says "i heard my father got put in the slammer." then sits down in a chair across from him and crosses her legs. then looks down and says "people are almost running around not knowing what to do without my father being around. i mean yeah im going through the training but im not ready yet."

As Kazuhira was finishing a job that was given to him, the whole room was messy, thrashed from a fight a while ago. Kazuhira was trying to collect the debt owed to Shirasawa family, but it wasn't easy. The insurance office manager doesn't try to make it easy or so Kazuhira thought, but the outcome was still clear to Kazuhira whether they were willing or not, he still have to beat them down to become an example to those who don't pay what they owed to the Shirasawa family. After collecting the debt, he then decided to walk out of the insurance office. Once he was out, he remember that he must go to a certain bar called The Golden Koi to drop off the money. He then sets out to The Golden Koi thinking that whoever is collecting the money, he doesn't care, it was just a job and he wanted to finish it quickly as possible.

He arrived at the Golden Koi, he enters to see Lieutenant Ryouma and Captain Aurora was present in the bar. Quickly yet silently he bowed to them as if trying to not disturb them "Sir and Ma'am" he responded while bowing. He then raises his head and looked towards Lieutenant Ryouma "Sir i have finished the task" as he say to him, he then proceeds to show him the briefcase filled with money from the insurance office "This is all what they owed us sir" feeling a little bit nervous as he speak in front of the Captain of Shirasawa family.

Speak of the devil; just as he was contemplating heading outside for a break, who should appear but the Patriarchs daughter, Aurora. He always found the girl to be strange, even when he was working as a civilian for the Shirasawas. She strut inside the bar, hand on her hip like she owned the place, and made her way over to him. Though she was only around 25, a year younger than the Lieutenant, she still dressed in a way that was reminiscent to a high school girl. Reminded him of some of those new manga characters coming out around now, what with the jacket and...pretty much everything. It was amusing for Ryoma to see such a dedicated person dress themselves like a comic book character, and a he cracked a small smile as she approached. She sat herself down in front of him and he looked lazily from his drink to the redhead.

She expressed concern over her father getting locked up, much to Ryomas surprise; she found out about that a lot faster than he anticipated. When Kiryu got sent to the big house, some of the other Families got a little...wild, some in the defense of Kiryu, while others...just seemed to want to cause some havoc. Oddly enough, the Majima Family, infamous for their chaotic deeds, had been eerily quiet...regardless, Hirohito Shirasawa, the Patriarch of the Shirasawa Family and the Father of Aurora, was one of these dramatics. He got connected to a high end shakedown, and they put him away. The Family was working on getting him out, or at least shortening the sentence...but until then, his wife, Sayoko Shirasawa, was acting Patriarch. The rest of the members of the Family would be looking to her, and to their Captain, for guidance during this trying time.

Aurora seemed to know that, and was already having trouble adjusting. Ryoma laughed, taking another sip. "Couldnt have said it better myself. No offense Cap, but...you're not exactly my ideal format of an all knowing leader." He said with a grin, shaking around his drink in his hand in a slow manner. "But regardless..." he continued, his tone becoming more serious. "The rest of the Family is going to be looking to you, and to your ma, for guidance. They may be some weird shoes to fill, but fill them you must. That's your responsibility." He told her in a matter-of-fact way, lazily looking back up to the news.

But his distraction was cut short as someone else entered the Koi; and this one, he knew little, and wouldnt mind knowing less, of as well. Kazuhira; beyond his name, and what the guy did for a living, Ryoma knew nothing else of, and didnt care to know right now. He was muscle; but that's putting it in legal terms. Ryoma didnt want to think of it right now, for it would kill his buzz. The meathead approached the two and gave them both a bow, before presenting Ryoma with a briefcase. He relayed that this was from his mission, and Ryoma had to pause and think about what he meant. When it finally came to him, he snapped his fingers and gave the table a short pound. "Hot damn, I've been waiting for this one!" He said with a laugh, setting his drink down and opening up the case. The case was neatly filled with bills, all lined in rows, and he gave a cheesy grin and a low whistle. "MmmmmmMM! Look at all that cheddar! I'm gonna get constipated carrying all that around!" He said with a laugh, then carefully closed the case back up. This was a job Ryoma had assigned Kazuhira himself; it was a bit of a personal matter. The debtor was a Nito, so naturally, if Ryoma came after him, he would be gone with the wind before he got within punching distance. It was a good chance to test out Mr. Meathead for himself; he had heard the horror stories, but stories only got you so far. This was a chance for Kazuhira to prove himself in Ryomas eyes, and it seemed that he performed swimmingly. "I assume he put up some form of a fight? As much as a Nito can, anyway." He asked with a chuckle, placing the case at his feet. "Good work, Meathead. This takes a load off my mind for sure. Why dont you have a drink to celebrate? It's on me." He told him with a grin, then pounded the table again, louder this time. "HEY, MAMA! YOU GOT A PATRON WHO NEEDS A DRIIIIINK!" He shouted at the backroom, and a young looking woman in a red kimono and long black hair emerged from the back room, a scowl on her face. "Ryoma-kun, I told you to stop shouting in the bar! One of the other tenants is going to complain and I'm not going to be paying for damages!" She exclaimed, to which Ryoma rolled his eyes and waved his hand. The woman strolled behind the bar counter and gave Kazuhira a short bow and a smile. "Good evening. What can I get for you?" She asked sweetly.

Mentions: RandiBauer1 RandiBauer1 Vennkill Vennkill

Aurora smiles and says "I know im wearing a high school girl outfit but i made it look more punk like. I didnt want to look like a high school girl." Then looks at Ryoma and says "I think some already do because they are calling me Captain." Then sees Kazuhira and says "You dont have to be nervous in front of me. Im not going to hurt you. You've given me no reason to."

Then looks at the news and says "I wonder how they are going to get my father's sentence shortened or even get him out." Then sighs and says "I hope they are able to do something. I dont want the stress to get put on my mother about this." Then looks around and says "My mother and I are upset that he got put in the slammer but i have to put a strong face since im the next Captain."

Then sees the briefcase and looks at Ryoma again then asks with some serious in her voice "Lieutenant whats in there? Why are you so excited?" Then crosses her arms and waits for a reply. While waiting for a reply she looks at the woman and asks "Could i get a flavored sparkling water? I dont feel like getting drunk." Then taps her foot on the floor and says "I will wait for your answer Lieutenant."

Last edited:
Kazuhira bows again to the captain "Yes ma'am, forgive me for my rudeness", as he thought Captain Aurora was the next to be captain after what happened in the recent events, but he known her when the old captain told him about "Someone to replace him" he thinks to himself. Then his eyes look towards Ryouma, then nod to Ryouma "Yes sir, they fought back, but it was nothing i can't handle" after saying that he then sits in one of the bar stools near the bar counter, the Lieutenant shouts at the backroom calling for the bartender who works here, Kazuhira didn't know who to expect after hearing a voice of a woman in the backroom, he thought the bartender would be the usual slick looking guy called master, but it appears he was wrong. The woman came out from the back room telling the Lieutenant to not shout as it will bring complaints from the other tenants, she then walks to behind the bar counter, sweetly asking what Kazuhira would order, a treat from the lieutenant is a generous offer, but then he remember that he has an appointment soon and can't be drinking alcohol. "Glass of orange juice please", the woman chuckled "This is not a snack bar, but i could get you that" she smiled, feeling embarrassed he nods to the woman.

Kazuhira was silent but he knows that he can't be drinking for his next appointment, he then take off his gloves and put it in the bar counter. While waiting for his drink he takes out something from his pocket revealing some cards from a game called MesuKing, he remember that the kids back in the Club SEGA was waiting for him. He then quickly put it in his pockets again after seeing the bartender giving his orange drink "Thank you" he says gratefully to the woman. He then drink the orange juice while thinking what his next moves are.

The Lieutenant looked from the Captain to the briefcase, but shook his head after a moment. "Just some debt money, Cap. Itll be going to the Acting Patriarch, so no need to get all suspicious. You think I'd try to make off with as much as I've got here all on my lonesome? I may be an idiot, but I'm not stupid." He told her with a wink and a shrug. He set the case on the floor next to him and set his glass on the coffee table as he stood and stretched his arms with a slight yawn. The hour of the night was finally catching up to him, but he wouldnt be getting to sleep anytime soon. He looked over to the meathead; much to his surprise, he was sipping on orange juice rather than anything expensive. Ryoma clicked his tongue and shook his head. "What, I give you a chance for some Yamazaki 17 Years and you go for OJ? You've got weird taste Meathead." He told the hitman with a grin, sighing as he did so. He took one last look at the news before he began slowly walking to the back door. "I'm going for a smoke. Dont wait up." He told the room as the Mama brought Aurora her beverage. No one responded, so he took the chance to leave the room, quickly opening the wooden door up and stepping outside.

It was still dark, but the many lights of Kamurocho made the city a flame in the darkness. Thankfully the back door was connected to a flight of stairs, and he quickly made his way to the roof. Once at the top, he waltzed by some of the many air conditioners until he reached the edge of the roof. He pulled out a cigarette and a silver lighter for it and lit it up. He took a deep drag of it as he placed the lighter back in his pocket and continued to admire the city below.

Aurora looks at Ryoma and says “I don’t think that. I just wanted to know what was in the briefcase.” Then looks at Kuzahira and asks “Are you ok?” Then sighs and takes her drink then says "Thanks." As she's taking a sip, she starts getting an odd feeling and shakes her head then says to herself "No he wasnt flirting with me. But then again maybe he was. I dont know."

As she takes another sip and thinks to herself 'I hope everyone is not destroying things while im not there and making it harder on my mother. I dont want her to stress over things and make her worry.' Then downs her drink and says "Thanks for the flavored water." Then leaves some yen on the coffee table along with her glass and gets up. As she gets up, she stretches and says "ok, time to head back and see if everything is still the way I left it."

Last edited:
Kazuhira simply bow to the Captain at her reply, then continues to drink the orange juice. He then heard the sound of a clicking tongue, he turns his head towards the sound to see The Lieutenant surprised at him, which then told Kazuhira that he could ordered something better than an Orange juice, Kazuhira lips turn into a slight smile after hearing the remark Ryouma gave, but he didn't say anything he just continues to drink the orange juice. He then looks at his glass thinking for a bit, wondering if the Dojima incident has changed the Shirasawa family in any way, as he felt the feeling tense across the room. Then he sees Ryouma walking out of the bar wanting to smoke somewhere, Captain Aurora also finished with her drink. He also thought that it's time to go, then stands up and saying goodbye to the woman, "Come again soon" the woman replied, Kazuhira nods then leaves the bar.

Going outside, he then feel the smell, the sight, the sounds all around him once again. It was peaceful in the bar so he didn't notice anything, he looked at the streets ahead and then started walking towards Club SEGA in the eastern part of Kamurocho. As he walks he then stops at the convenience store, thinking he should buy something for the kids, then walks inside the store. He then greeted by the clerk "Welcome sir, how may i help you?", he nods then Kazuhira goes to the candy shelves looking to buy some candies. He decided to buy a variety of candies for the kids, thinking it was enough candy for the kids, he then walks toward the clerk behind the cashier, "How much?" Kazuhira asks, "That'll be 12.000¥ sir" the clerk replied, Kazuhira then quickly pays for the candies then leaves the store hearing "Thank you very much, please come again!". Kazuhira then continues to walk towards Club SEGA, feeling a little bit excited for the kids.

The smoke from the cigarette Ryoma had in his hand slowly drifted upward into the night sky, and the yakuza took a deep breath as he inhaled the crisp night air. He lived for these kinds of moments; moments where one could just let their guard down and absorb their surroundings. He felt this way the most when he was at high places, usually during nighttime. Though the moon was obscured tonight, he still took a moment to stare up at the sky above him to look for it. He sighed as he took another drag from his cigarette. His thoughts went back to Kiryu and the murder of Dojima, something he had been trying to get off his mind for a while. Something aboutthe whole thing felt fishy...anyone who had met Kiryu knew he wasnt the kind of man to kill without good reason. And yet here he was, taking a stretch in the big house for the murder of his own boss. He couldnt say Dojima didnt have it coming; his fall from grace didnt exactly let him keep alot of his friends, and he gained a few more enemies for his troubles. Ryoma knew it wouldnt end well for the guy, but something like this...?

His thoughts were disrupted by a buzzing in his pocket. He reached inside for the flip phone and threw it open after reviewing the number.
"You got Ryoma." He said into the flip phone, waiting for the guy on the other line to speak up. "As punctual as always, Ryoma. Sorry to bug you on your night off, but the boss wants all the leader types to head to Shirasawa HQ effective immediately." Came an older, raspy voice through the phone. Ryoma recognized it; this was the voice of Gonta, another Lieutenant for the Shirasawa, his senior. He was the guy passed up for the captain position when Aurora was given it; the guy didnt take that news so well when he first heard it. "Yeah? What for?" He asked the phone, and he practically could the shrug through the speaker. "Hell if I know. Just get over here. I'm letting the other higher ups know." Gonta said through the phone, and then promptly hung up. Ryoma pulled the phone back and clicked his tongue; Gonta was being more rude than usual today, so something must be up. Ryoma dropped his cig on the ground and stomped it out before heading for the stairs. The Shirasawa Office was right up near the entrance to the park. What was the fastest way to get there again...?

Aurora sits in the chair and says "Thank you Gonta." Then sees Gonta bow and say "your welcome Captain." As she's sitting in the chair, she crosses her legs and waits then says to herself "Everybody has to be here to hear a plan i thought of." Then smiles and keeps waiting then looks at her nails and thinks 'I may need to get my nails done. But first need to tell them about how I can convince the warden into shortening my father's sentence."

She starts seeing everybody show up and says "Now we need to wait for the higher ups to show up." Then starts seeing some of the higher ups and says "Just a few more." Then smiles to her mother and says "Dont worry mother we will find a way to either get father out of the slammer or get his sentence shortened."

Arrived at Club SEGA, Kazuhira then walks in to see "The Professor" and other kids are talking to each other while waiting. "Sorry i'm late kids, just had a work to do" Kazuhira said to the kids, "Oh, not a problem we were just preparing our decks anyway" said The Professor, "I see" Kazuhira replied "Here, i have some candies for you kids" he then give out the plastic bag filled with candies to the kids, "Woah thanks mister! This would boost my energy up for upcoming battles" The Professor replied smiling, while other kids racing through the plastic bag. Kazuhira was happy to make the kids happy, he felt he needed this distraction from his line of work that involves beating people for protection money, killing people that needs to be killed, and other kinds of odd jobs.

Just when Kazuhira was taking his deck of MesuKing cards, his phone rings. He was a little bit annoyed because he was about to have fun with the kids, then proceeds to take the call. With a little anger, he answers "This is Kazuhira". "Meeting, Shirasawa Office, now!" quiet but clear voice came out from the phone. Kazuhira knew who is calling, it was one of his trusted member in the family, Haru. Haru was his trusted source of information as a info broker, whenever he needs a dirt about something Haru is the guy he sees about it. Knowing this he answers a little calmly "Urgent?", hearing his trusted info broker he knew something must have happened, usually Haru doesn't call unless it was urgent. "Yes, meet at park, ASAP" Haru replied, and then the call was hung up. He then put his phone back to his pocket, as he needs to go to the park, he was a little disappointed because he had to leave the kids again for work. "Work again?" one of the kids ask Kazuhira. He then snaps out of his thinking, then replied disappointingly "Yes". Then the kids was disappointed that Kazuhira has to leave, then The Professor speaks up "It's ok we can play another day, we'll wait for you". Feeling a little bit of guilt, he nods. "I'm sorry kids, but i have to go now" he says sadly. Then the kids says goodbye to Kazuhira as he walks out of the building. Then he thought to himself angrily "This better be worth it".

The Yakuza clambered his way down the stairs and re-entered the Golden Koi, quickly stepping back over to his seat. Both the Captain and the Meathead were gone...just how long was that smoke break? He must've had more on his mind than even he anticipated. He grabbed the briefcase and held it tightly in his grasp as he approached the bar, where the Mama sat behind, cleaning some of her glasses. Ryoma fished inside his pocket and pulled his wallet out, placing it on the bar and pulling out a couple of thousand yen bills.
"This oughta cover it. Sorry Mama, looks like you've got the place to yourself for a while." He told the Mama with a grin, who sighed and shook her head. "Just be careful, Ryoma-kun." She told the man, who rolled his eyes and put his wallet back into his pocket. "I always am." He told her with a swagger in his step, then moved to the main doorway and exited into the hallway. He soon found himself outside onto the busy nightlife streets of Kamurocho, people walking to and fro all around him. He put on his best "dont fuck with me" face and made his way into the crowd. This was the one thing about Kamurocho he could live without; the crowds! Walking through a sea of people like this always made him nervous, and he found himself constantly checking his pocket to see if someone with light fingers had gotten too curious. Thankfully, the walk was fairly uneventful, Ryoma recieving only the odd side glance as he passed, briefcase in hand. Soon, he found himself tracing the walls of the park, and stopping just before the far end. The Shirasawa Office was a big building, larger than most anyway, but it did it's best to blend in to the rest of the city, tucked away in its little corner. He entered quickly, and was met by one of the grunts, who easily let him by once he informed him who he was. The grunt informed him that they would be gathering in the Main Office; usually where annoucements were made. Ryoma quickly made his way through the carpeted hallways and over to the Main Office area. He slowly opened up the wooden door separating the hallway from the room and peeked inside. A large amount of eyes peeked back at him, and he could feel himself getting bashful.

The Main Office was a long room, and its middle was a long, ornate wooden table with many chairs at its side. The Lieutenants had all gathered her already, so Ryoma gave them all a nod, as well as a side glance to the Captain, before he stepped inside and quietly took a seat next to Gonta, and older, bulkier Yakuza who had called him earlier. He sat the case by his feet and fit his hands together. It didnt seem like they had started yet. Just what was going on...?

Aurora is wearing her punk school outfit and keeps her legs crossed as one of her boots tap on the floor then says “Come on people hurry up and get here.” Then sees Ryoma and smirks then says “Welcome Ryoma.”

She looks around and says “We are waiting on more people to show up.” Then places her cheek in her hand and says “We will start after that.”

After some minutes of walking, Kazuhira then arrived at the Shirasawa Office. He wasn't surprised at how big the office, it was where he was growing up at his youth, training and studying for couple of years. But one thing that bugs him about the building, it's that he can't call it his home. Whether it was because it wasn't his home or he didn't feel like he was home, but nonetheless it was where he spend most of his time growing up. Kazuhira then decides to enter the building.

After entering, he then walks to the main office room. When he opened the door he was greeted by Haru his 'Trusted Person in the Family', "You're late, we were waiting" he says strictly. "I'm here now, that's what matters" Kazuhira replied, he then scans the room to see Lieutenant Ryouma and Captain Aurora was there already along with the other high ranking family members. He bows towards them "Sorry i'm late" apologizing to everyone in the room. He then finds a quiet corner and stayed silent.

Aurora smiles and says "its ok Kazuhira. good everybody's here." then leans forward after putting her foot on the floor and says "so i think i can convince the warden to let my father's sentence get shortened maybe even get him to let him go but it won't be easy." then looks around and says "im going to need some help and everybody's cooperation."

She looks at her mother and says "mother you need to stay here and i will keep you updated." then looks at Ryoma and asks "could you help me?"

Last edited:
Naturally, the meathead got here late. Ryoma was never sure why, but he heard that the guy liked to spend a lot of time at the arcades. You would think a grown man would lose interest in something like that...but to each their own. He wandered over to a corner, and Ryoma brought his attention back to the Captain. She explained that she had an idea to get her fathers sentence lessened, or else removed entirely. Now that was a surprise; the police were never really too keen on releasing Yakuza, even small time families like the Shirasawa. But a lot of cops in this town didnt mind a few bills being passed their way in exchange for a blind eye, so maybe she had something to do with that...?

The entirety of the officers began whispering among themselves, each one confused as to what she meant. Ryoma turned to Gonta with a raised eyebrow. The elder yakuza shrugged in response. "Dont look at me. The captain is as wild as they come. I get why she wants to free her father, but..." Gonta trailed off, his eyes falling. Ryoma was about to ask what he meant when the Captain addressed him, asking him directly if he could help her. The officers around the table stopped whispered and all gave him a look, which he did his best to ignore. Ryoma brought a hand up to try and signal her to calm down. "Cap, that's quite a thing you're springin' on us. All of us will help out where we can, but why dont you tell us the plan first?" He asked, and the other officers nodded in unison as they stared at the captain.

Aurora nods and says "i was thinking of having a talk with the warden and if things got out of hand, we would get my father out quick. Or we could pay him to never mention why my father was released or why his sentence got shortened." then looks at the officers and says "i would need someone to be able to get a hold of the warden and schedule for me to have a talk with him."

She looks at Ryoma and asks "what do you think?" then she looks at her mother and says "i know that look mother. dont worry, i will be safe and i know how to fight off anybody if they try to take me down."

As Kazuhira listen to the Captain, he immediately thought "Releasing the Captain's father from prison?". He loses interest as it was about one of the Captain personal needs, he then decides to ask Haru about it. "What do you think?" asking for his opinions is almost frequent if there's something Kazuhira found less interesting, which then Haru replied "It's the Captain request, don't ask me. She can be unpredictable at times like this", it wasn't the answer Kazuhira was expecting for but he knew that Haru has a point that the Captain can be unpredictable at times, especially times like this where the whole Yakuza families are on the edge because of the incident happened to the Dojima family.

While somehow accepting the reality of the situation, he then looks toward Aurora and asks "How? Getting your father out is one thing, but getting the Warden attention is another" trying to understand what Captain Aurora has in mind for this plan to work. He felt something can go wrong if the plan doesn't work, and he wonders what the Captain means when she said: "If things got out of hand". He had a bad feeling about it but still waiting for the response from Aurora.

Aurora nods again and says "i will talk to the warden and see if he can let my father go or shorten his sentence or we can pay the warden. if things dont go as planned, we need to find a way to get my father out quickly." then looks at Kazuhira and says "i know you dont like my plan but please help too." then looks at the officers again and asks "what does everybody think?"

she sees some of them nod and say "its worth a try Captain." then hears some of them cheer "lets free her father!" then she smiles and looks at Ryoma then says "im gonna need your help too. i need you to find a way to get a hold of the warden."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back