• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Yahtzee and Duchess for the win

Yahtzee

Overuser of the word 'awesome'
So I guess this is the thread where we will discuss the RP first then do it. I put it with the prefix 'fantasy' because I mean it will be pretty fantastic right?! Well let's get stuck in!

So my idea was if you'd like to take the reins: something with pirates.

My idea is: Fantasy Exploration of a lost monument.

In a slightly futuristic setting the ways of the past have been lost. In a struggle to regain knowledge scientists start exploring old monuments. The government have commissioned two explorers to go search a mayan temple. Because of local lore people of the relevant country will not enter the temple. So to help two universities from different countries donate a scientist. Us.

By futuristic I mean google glasses, hover boards, those boots from portal,

Oooh sounds really cool! Would it be possible for our chars to have some sort of supernatural powers or anything the like?

This is a slightly futuristic world: you could have a electricity gun, or something to make you levitate. Now that you think about it, I think mine should have a kind of mechanical glove that gives extra strength

Awesomesauce! I have an idea for a sort of mechanical sleeve thing that ends at the wrist (no glove xD ) and it's basically an arm Railgun thing an can take these metal discs and shoot them out at insanely high speeds. There is also a bag of metallic sand that my char carries around that when added to this device turns into a sort of sword from his arm. Sound cool?

I posted in the Out of Character chat

Terry ran through towards the airport - behind her she pulled her luggage trolley levitating a ruler above the ground. Her green backpack bounced uncomfortably against her back. The airport was jam packed and she danced around the the people nimbly. Her trolley bumped a man in a suit and he yelled at her in Afrikaans. She yelled back rudely in the same language and kept barrelling through the crowd. After back tracking three times she found the luggage compartment where she dumped the bags, she heard rattling from one and winced. Hopefully nothing broke. She bounced on the balls of her feet while the man behind the counter slowly pressed buttons on the hologram before him. Before he could ask she pushed her ticket over to him, a piece of flat, strong, shiny paper that held the safety of her life.

Impatient she rushed the man on, checking her watch constantly. Eventually she could move on to security, skipping the crowd by walking straight pass she flashed her ID as she went through the security gates, the security guard took no note of her and she dropped her bag beside the metal scanner before walking through. She arrived at the airplane gate just as they were about to close. Free of her luggage she was free to sprint straight towards the gate "Wait! I'm boarding" she yelled, her hair blown back as she ran.

She ran straight past another lady behind a counter and shoved her ticket on her chest roughly. Taking the stairs three at a time she leaped into the plane, the door closed behind her and she collapsed into the nearest blue-velvet seat. She pulled her bag onto her lap and relaxed. The boy sitting next to her looked at her with big blue eyes and blushed as they made eye-contact. Beside him sat a young girl of 10 or 13, his sister she deduced. Paying no mind, she nodded off and slept through 10 of the 14 hour flight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back