Wyld Shaping Technique

Umni

Ok from what I understand, the way this charm works is, you go to the wyld and use it to create (artifacts, creatures, palaces, manses, etc...). Now then I want to know how hard it would be to creat an artifact level 5 Daiklave that only responds to my character and it gives me several abilities like extra soak and more damage?

roll an arbitrary number of successes on an esence roll determined by the ST.

5 sounds like the default number, requiring multiple rolls and activations of the charm, while allowing any Fair Folk in the area to react.

I can imagine that the Fair Folk in the area are gonna get a bit tetchy when golden boy steps into their turf and starts changing things to suit him.

I mean, bound to piss anyone off, right?!

~FC.

Spook said:
but then considering the tree that WST is in, the Fair Folk would be an annoyance at best.
Especially since a wise Solar would first use WST to make a huge cold-iron cage around himself, and then get to shaping what he needs. ;)

The Solar, bathed in the glorious radiance that was his anima, simply smilled at the raging hordes of Raksha that stood several yards from the cold-wrought iron cage he had not long crafted, safe inside as he was.

Smiling with amusement, the Solar, a reborn figure of a magnificent age and powers that could shake the foundations of Creation, placed his thumb upon his nose and, in unison of his wiggling fingers, poked out his tongue and blew a raspberry.

~FC.

Then the Raksha would pepper the bastard with arrows.  Look, just because Raksha don't like cold iron does not mean that they become paper tigers when it is around.  They would just their behemoths to tear the cage to pieces and eat the Solar, since he's obviously violated a number of treaties without regret.

PC: awesome I just bought WST, can i go to the wyld and use it?

ST:  lol, sure but then I'll just throw opponents in your way until you decide not to use the charm in the first place.

PC:...... lame.

ST:  I know.

Spook said:
PC: awesome I just bought WST, can i go to the wyld and use it?
ST:  lol, sure but then I'll just throw opponents in your way until you decide not to use the charm in the first place.

PC:...... lame.

ST:  I know.
So um what would be the point of using all those exp points and getting the charm and then your Storyteller decides that he will throw all kinds of enemies at you in order to discourage you from using it?

The Charm is great, but you roll your Essence and bad things happen when you fail, so you should keep to fairly simple things until you get to Essence 5.  Even then, trying to create a difficulty 5 item is taking your life into your own hands.

So how do you guys think the Fairfolk would react? I was thinking taht maybe they would send troops to try to stop me or something along those lines. And what if I was to make a deal with another fairfolk noble and we agree to assault an enemy nobles domain and take it over and then I have my own wyld place to use.

In theory, that could work.

In practice, you better have a hell of an oath binding the agreement, or risk the Fair Folk noble turning on you at the most thematically interesting time. And even then...

Well I figured that I could just have the eclipse in my circle to bind the oath. And of course I would put in safety measures like, "and after we take him out you can't bring harm to me or my people for a year and a day". I think that should work. What do you think?

Screw how the Fair Folk would act.

I'd be more worried about the Unshaped and the Behemoths.

Solar: Bwahahahahah! ph34r my 1337 iron cage!

FF: *Shaping Attack*

Solar: What the?

Behemoth: *stomp*

Well, what if you went into a Wyld zone that was localized? Does the charm say you have to be in the middlemarches?

::flip, flip::

Sure doesn't. Just says the most fluid portion of the Wyld zone, or the edge of the world. Seems to me like I'd find a localized Wyld pocket and use it.

Also

I have always looked at WST more as a plot device of epic proportions than anything else.

Only, and I mean, ONLY a mad-man will use WST frequently. The odds of messing it up are too big and the cost of messing it up are too terrible.

WST is what a character would use when absolutely no other means exist.

In one game I played, a lover was down with a magical sickness that only a very specific item could cure, she only had a few hours left.

Woosh, the solar sorceror flies himself to the nearest wyld zone and risks his essence and soul in the perilous attempt to wrest the item into being from pure chaos.

Leviathan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back