• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Writing Samples

FliegMitMir

Des's Role Play Samples

Just a few examples to show my role playing style/writing chops in the event I may need a quick link to them.

Constructive criticism is cool, but for the purpose of this I'd prefer any offered be through a private message. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Akim had been discreet in his observances – as discreet as one could be and still scope someone out, at least – but he knew she had noticed him as soon as she looked over, even having turned his sights to the apples at hand when it seemed she might be about to do so. She did not say a word or make a move, however, so he thought she probably had the sense and tact not to do so which, honestly, was a relief. The situation was uncomfortable enough without the awkwardness of one of them addressing it.

Unfortunately, as he turned his back and tried to leave it all, she proved that was not exactly the case. He had not thought she had noticed him looking at her but, apparently, he had misjudged the woman. Akim would have probably ignored her, acted as though he had no idea who she was or that she was talking to him, but hearing her repeat the moniker she had given him the other night he could not help but pause, brow furled and irritated once again. Of course, his reaction made it impossible for him to play it all off and so, having no other choice, he turned. “It isn't my fault if he hasn't called you.”

His irritation was evident, though his tone was rather casual and dismissive. Despite that though he was actually much less tense than he had been at the beach and was completely ignoring the looks that the woman's accusations had drawn. It seemed everyone within earshot – certainly in the produce section at the very least – had their attention on the two of them. In fact, the women were basically glaring at Akim for what he had just been called out on, a combination of offense and indignation on their faces which went entirely disregarded by him. Similarly, they seemed even less pleased by how unapologetic he was when confronted for his alleged trespass. A brow raised slightly he added, a sort of mild challenge that was out of place with the impatient and testy mood he had been in the last time the two had exchanged words, “And who says it was your ass I was staring at?”

SIS MI6.jpg

She was right, he probably should know that – it was worth asking, though. Admittedly, as far as Russian involvement went, Luke would be lying if he claimed to know that much about Japan's foreign relations or, for that matter, much of any of Asia's foreign relations. He was mostly familiar with Britain and the rest of Europe's alliances. Though, as he thought about it...he supposed Russia and its agencies were not exactly known to get along with, well, much of anyone. Except maybe Cuba. The Russians seemed fine with that, though. “Hadn't really thought of that I suppose...”

His hands having returned to his pockets, Luke smirked faintly at hearing Ayako's apparent disdain for her role in her assignment, though, continuing to watch her, he did not say too much. No agent truly appreciated being in a secondary position, and he could certainly empathize with her there...that did not bar him from being amused, however. When she stripped down, Luke's eyes traveled over her before she turned to him, sneaking a look while it would go unnoticed so he could more easily focus on her when she was facing him. Special agent or not, he was still a man. Perhaps at least partly because he was a special agent, however, he was able to listen to what she said next even as she stood before him nearly naked. Chuckling at her mention of a vacation, Luke shrugged at her tease, his attention remaining on her as she dressed. “Well, you're always welcome to pop on over to MI6 if that's the case: they had a hand in training you, I imagine they'd be happy to take you on if you were interested.”

Of course, Luke was speaking well above his position and influence in the SIS – he had a habit of doing that, a tendency to take liberties he was not necessarily authorized to take both in his assignments and otherwise. That said, he was fairly confident that his agency would take an interest in recruiting Ayako if they were so influenced. It was not as though Britain and Japan distrusted one another. Britain would not agree to help train Japan's agents if that were the case.

Following along on her minor subject change Luke shrugged almost indifferently at her question, understanding her displeasure with the locale. “Dubai is better than bugger all Al Hareeq.” Pausing at that point, he soon conceded, “I don't imagine anyplace in the Middle East is all that great for a female agent...I'm fortunate my cover lets me take quite a bit of advantage of what's here. It lets me have some fun, shall we say, in between meeting my contacts. I have to admit, though...the fun only lasts so long.”

Raising a playful brow, curious but teasing as well when she asked about his hotel, the glint in his eye made it clear his silent question of just why she was asking even as he answered, “I have a suite at the Burj Al Arab Jumeirah.” Glancing around the room then, he ventured, giving her a sly glance as he spoke, “I don't imagine you and your...husband...are necessarily staying here?”

While he was being rung out the clerk, having been making small talk during the entire transaction, mentioned as he was counting the money Lev had handed over, "Have you spoke to Akim since you've been out?"

Lev looked at the man, wondering what his question was about but, rather than actually answer, certainly rather than tell him that Akim had picked him up and they had spoken for hours, Lev asked, "Why do you ask?"

The man shrugged before he entered in the amount given him and opened the drawer, putting the bills away and counting out Lev's change. "He's been in here once, maybe twice, last week or so." Lifting his gaze to Lev he closed the drawer, handing his money over before tearing off his receipt and passing him that as well. Hands resting then on the counter, he continued, "Asking about...some woman. He seemed frustrated we couldn't tell him anything."

It was evident by the clerk's tone and his expression that the whole thing had struck him as strange and that perhaps he was seeing what Lev thought of it all. Lev, nodding slowly as he slipped his change in his pants pocket and grabbed the carton of cigarettes, admitted, "He told me about same woman." Focusing again on the clerk as he tore a box from the others he added, "You know Akim: don't think anything of it."

The truth was, though, hearing from someone else that Akim had apparently been trying to find information about this Thalia further spurred Lev's curiosity. Akim did not usually get so worked up over much of anything, really, that happened with the Vory. There was something really bothering him about this woman. As Lev spoke, however, he noticed the clerk becoming distracted by someone else in the little convenience store. The distraction apparent even in his voice, he gave Lev a somewhat apologetic look for possibly having spoken of something he should not have as he told him, "That was what I'd thought..." Looking again at the woman who had walked in but that he had just noticed a moment ago, thinking that she might somewhat resemble the woman Akim had asked about but unable to recall for certain, he asked, "Is there anything you need help finding, ma'am?"

Those are some more recent writing/roleplay samples -- the first two within the past few months of originally posting them. I have updated and tweaked them a bit, however, to better reflect my current writing. They give a pretty good idea at least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back