Anime & Manga Wonder Egg Priority

Chordling

Bardbarian, the Divine Chordia of Concordia
**Please note that this thread may contain sensitive topics relating to mental health, abuse, and suicide. Please place major plot points within text spoilers as a courtesy to fellow readers. Thank you.**

I started watching two days ago. I intend to finish the last four episodes today after work. I cannot express how much I love the artwork and the storytelling. I think this anime handles the subject matter with a lot of care and respect. It’s the same studio that produced Bunny Girl Senpai, another favorite of mine!

I'm just gonna wait till you're finished watching it, then I'll throw in my thoughts. Let's just say I have mixed feelings for the ending.

Life. Life. I can understand why you may have mixed feelings with how the available episodes concluded. Is it because of the whole context involving Frill

Life. Life. I can understand why you may have mixed feelings with how the available episodes concluded. Is it because of the whole context involving Frill

Did you finish it?

BpDirGXIAAAv1H-.jpg

I have so much I want to say about it but I'll have to collect my thoughts tomorrow. I'm slightly tipsy and have to get ready for work tomorrow.

I love it, I've been following since the first episode aired and really bummed that we have to wait til july(?) for the final ep. They should've just treated their animators better. :(

I am very interested in what direction they're going with Thanatos and Frill and being the cause of suicides. The last ep will really make or break it, especially depending on how they handle that aspect. Frill being the cause of the girls suicides would be a terrible decision. And I've told Life but I was a little frustrated about all the symbolism (there's TONS of symbolism with the flower choices I'd look up if you're interested!) and foreshadowing about Sawasaki-sensei being a bad dude and all the build-up amounting to literally nothing, but at the same time, it's nice to see an anime about adults and people in power abusing others also show that there are good people in the world. That painting and explanation was still creepy as fuck. Still, all buildup no payoff. Really wanna know what he said when Ai asked him about what happened to Koito. So many unanswered questions for them to cover I'm hoping the final episode is longer than 24 mintues. Was also a little sad Momoe was straight when at first it seemed like there might be lesbian rep in a really good anime about tough topics, and also with her friend she was trying to save the dead lgbt person trope is overdone to the point of being obnoxious but it's mitigated with literally 90% of the cast being dead, so I'll settle for their few minutes of trans rep. I reeaally liked Acca and Ura-acca's episode even if it felt like a different show. Their characters are so interesting to only get one ep.

I really wish this anime wasn't so slept on, it's probably one of the best in not just this season but many seasons.

kibou kibou

I enjoy the symbolism! I adore Frill’s character. From what I understand, the finale we get this Summer should be film length. So, we’ll get more than 24 minutes of content to answer a ton of questions that were left with the last episode. I also thought Momoe might have been a closeted bi. This show reflects a lot of Japanese culture, so I don’t know how accepted LGBTQ is (but this is me just assuming).

ddt4e4x-b242e4a1-3762-4294-bf8e-9d80ab694295.png

I totally forgot about this, I'm sorry.

Okay so now for my thoughts.

For the visual aspect, hats off it was a colorful joyride. There was such an array of colors for a show with many dark elements, as most magical girls shows go. But how Cloverworks did it was glorious.

Symbolism, there's definitely a lot going on. It's leaves the mind thinking what the idea represents until it starts connecting throughout. That is until it leaves you confused as heck.

The Ura-Acca and Acca episode definitely shined a lot of light on the backstory for what is currently happening. But it also left me wondering on little things like when they got mad at Frill for the death of Acca's wife and locked her away, did they also not think to end the experiments of the other creations they made for Frill. That allowed her for outside influence more than likely. Then I also have the question of the time between then and Wonder Egg project, since they migrated their consciousness to mannequins. Was it a short time and they just did it to get an early start on preserving themselves or right before they passed? I may be looking at some details too closely and others not but these were things that popped into my mind. Then with Neiru's backstory, with her sister. I want more details on that in ties to her scar. That was one big scar for us not to receive answers on. As for Momoe, perhaps she is bi and does not realize it. Maybe that was the struggle with her friend that killed herself. At 14, there are some who are sure and others who are not. Heck even people who have been married and have kids may not fully embrace their sexuality till later. It all depends on the environment they're in. A thought I had for the individuals that turned into stone for each girl, it's like they represent the greatest fear they didn't want to face at the time. Once someone close to them, that involves the truth, disappears it's like they realize they need to face it in order to bring the person they care back. For Ai, I kind of would have liked to seen a little bit of her past before Koito and truly appreciate how Koito really was a good friend for Ai. Cause there's a little doubt in me that Koito was trying to be a genuine friend for Ai but that could just be the pessimist in me. Then Rika, she was my favorite character. I don't know why but I tend to gravitate towards characters like her. All smiles and humor that's masking a dark side, whether it be home environment or other things. With having a fan as the person needing to be saved, it says a lot about Rika without saying out loud. Then the episode where she nearly have in. The ideology of that episode was nicely written to represent concepts of depression, mental illness that needs to be continued to be shown it's okay to experience it and receive the help of others. Almost everyone at some point experiences some sort of mental instability of various kinds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back