Why so many Weeaboos?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Giyari said:
Because stuff and fun.
I guess but they don't have to be assholes about it. Its not like this site is strictly catered to them. Roleplaying is about the love of writing and the passion held behind it. Not to redo your favorite cartoon.

there is so many kinds thats why. Saying something like that..some people can take offence to it

[QUOTE="Britt-21]there is so many kinds thats why. Saying something like that..some people can take offence to it

[/QUOTE]
I'd apologize but I'm simply not sorry. Every single one I have run into, in person and on the internet, have attempted to belittle me because I don't enjoy anime and have proceeded to make hateful comments. This has been going on since I was about 14, Im eighteen now. Not much has changed. :I However if I did offend you and you aren't conceded like most, I apologize.

most of the people here are nice. Fandom is what you find of anime, books, etc. If you dont prefer the Fandom items, maybe the others would be good for you :) Not all of the rps are the same.

Ah, I'm so sorry you've had a bad experience.

Most of us are pretty self-loathing, but the younger fanatics can be rather patronizing.

I can assure you, though, we're not all like that.

It's kind of the same thing when people are in the superwholock fandom.

Fandoms in general can be... so vicious lol.

Pine said:
Ah, I'm so sorry you've had a bad experience.
Most of us are pretty self-loathing, but the younger fanatics can be rather patronizing.

I can assure you, though, we're not all like that.

It's kind of the same thing when people are in the superwholock fandom.

Fandoms in general can be... so vicious lol.
I enjoy fandom related roleplays. I prefer orignal characters but I like the world and similar plot? I tried to suggest something to a die hard whovian and they shit down. I thought it was decent but apparently not. Its also been older ones too.

[QUOTE="The Confused Pixie]I enjoy fandom related roleplays. I prefer orignal characters but I like the world and similar plot? I tried to suggest something to a die hard whovian and they shit down. I thought it was decent but apparently not. Its also been older ones too.

[/QUOTE]
Well, I was talking about people that consider themselves a part of the fandom, probably going on other forums specifically catering to whatever anime or otherwise to just discuss it.

Are you talking about role players specifically?

And has it been on this site or some other role play communities?

I'm generally the same way when it comes to fandom role plays.

Very rarely do I see group role plays that have canon characters, unless you're talking about one on ones...?

You do get some assholes, yeah. There's also a thing amongst anime fans, like it's an "in joke" almost to rip the utter piss out of weaboo stuff, like a kind of self aware slagging off of ourselves. It can be a bit hard to catch if you're not in the know, and often it's a very harsh sort of humour.

But as said above, not everyone is like that, in fact I've noticed that the younger fans of anime tend to get very defensive and standoffish if you don't like it, and the older fans of anime will be more accepting and not really care, but use the humour I've described above.

We're honestly a nice bunch, we just love anime, even though we know it's more than often the biggest load of shit ever made, haha!

Ahh, I'm really sorry you've had bad experiences with anime fans on here. :(

If someone's being rude or an asshole, you can report it, but otherwise if you don't the staff can't do anything about it.

A lot of anime fans can be really obnoxious, I totally agree. Usually us older ones are more mature, but that isn't always the case either.

Honestly, there's people like that in every nerd-like fandom thing. I've heard comics fans are particularly nasty, and gamers can be that way too.

I'm not exactly sure what's up with nerd elitism, and it's pretty unfortunate and ends up driving people away and making them hate whatever the nerd is being elitist about.

As to answer your question, there could be a large amount of weebs because this is the internet, after all. People tend to be introduced to role playing in nerd settings too. Or at least, in my experience.

Hello everyone! I am posting this to inform anyone who has posted on this thread that it is being closed. Some of the comments made are derogatory and are on the brink of attacks/harassment against a certain kind of people on RP Nation. To avoid having the discussion, and potentially offensive statements, escalate, the thread will be shut down permanently.

Thanks for your understanding!

- Ire (^.^)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back