• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Answered Why is there a character limit on my status updates?

Datbrony

The cynical bastard who doesn't care.
theres a character limit when I post a status update to MY profile. When I reply to it or post one on another person's profile, there's a character limit. Do I just have to make an alternate account and post a status update to my profile to type the full message in one post? XD. Please fix this if it's a bug.

theres a character limit when I post a status update to MY profile. When I reply to it or post one on another person's profile, there's a character limit. Do I just have to make an alternate account and post a status update to my profile to type the full message in one post? XD. Please fix this if it's a bug.
I think that it's something that comes with this software update. Could be wrong, though.

It is built into xenforo.

Also, when I go to edit a status update that previously had a character limit... there's no character limit...

There also isn't one when you comment on somebody else's profile. Do you get one? Because some people were posting on each other's and there was no character limit. I guess it's just ones that are made on your own profile after this update?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back