Where is your boy tonight? I hope he is a gentleman.

Ember Spark

Sparky AKA Flint
@Lovely Bones

"And I read about the afterlife but I never really lived, and I read about the afterlife but I never really lived" Screamed the bass player. He had his hands wrapped around the mic as his eyes were closed and he screamed as loud as he could. There were screams from the sea of people that all jumped around in the large arena. He looked over as Patrick ended the song with "When these open doors were open-ended Saturday, Saturday." Pete rubbed his eyes with his palms before pushing his fingers up and into his hair, pushing the hood from his jacket off his head. He let his hands leave his hair as he walked over to the drums and picked up a bottle of water sitting beside it.

After taking a large drink he pulled his black and red bass off and placed it on its stand, turning off the amp and walking off stage. Patrick walked up and nudged him. "Dude come on. Its been what... 2 years since she divorced you. Cheer up." He shrugged. "Yea, yea, Pat. Lets go get a drink. I need one." Patrick stopped Pete and scratched the back of his head. "I have a friend heading back stage. I was going to wait for her." Pete did a roll of the eyes and shook his head at Patrick. Just what he needed. A fan that was also a friend that knew every little god damn thing about him, asking questions. He groaned silently and awkwardly stood with Pat as they waited for his friend. He slipped his finger into his pockets and looked down to his converse covered feet.

The music filled throughout the whole amphitheater. It was loud but extremely wonderful. Elise stood at the top--where there isn't nearly as crowded as the floor is--looking over the crowd of people. There's not really a reason why she would force and fight her way through to get in front, right by the stage, when she was just going to see everybody after the show anyways. Besides, the fangirls are way too much for her. Eli wore a cut off shirt and black leggings but brought a leather jacket along. It was a little chilly outside but it always gets way too hot at a concert.

Elise sang along to the song, swaying back and forth. When they finished playing, Eli clapped and cheered along with everyone else. She leaned against the railing and waited for everyone to move out so she could get backstage with ease.

Once the floor was pretty much empty, Elise made her way down and passed the Security to backstage. "Hey." She cheerfully said once she joined the two. It was her first time meeting Pete, actually, she's never met anyone from the band. You'd think of how long she has known Patrick that he would've introduced her by now. Eli showed a warm smile and moved her long brown her back. "Where to?" She asked, switching her view back and forth from Pete to Patrick. She hadn't seen Patrick in a pretty long time and it's always great to catch up on things, so she was pretty ecstatic to hear from him being in town.

Pete kept the same look on his face. Anger? No... Depression? No, thats not it. Both? He nodded mentally. He watched as Patrick threw his arms around the girl and pulled her into a tight hug. "Its been forever Eli!!" Patrick was always cheery. Pete was glad they were friends. Pat kept him in line. Pete pulled his hand out of his pockets and ran his fingers over the hair that laid on his neck. He felt awkward around that new person. It was usually just him and the boys. Patrick pulled away from Elise and smiled. "Eli this is Pete!" He motioned to Pete who stood there like he would love to be anywhere but here. "Pete this is Elise!" Patrick smiled and Pete pulled one side of his mouth into a crooked smiled and nodded to the girl. "Hey." He mumbled as he looked behind him. Joe and Andy would be in his SUV waiting for them.

Pete then turned to Patrick. "Lets go. I'm sure dumb and dumber are waiting." He said as he turned on his heel and walked toward the back exit. He grabbed the bottom of his hoodie and placed it together, zipping it up. He then pulled the hood on, covering his hair. Now the bat with the heart and skull on the back could be seen. Patrick watched Pete for a moment before turning to Elise. "He will warm up to you. Dont mind him if he acts a little shitty." Pat grinned as he threw his arm over his friends shoulders and begin to walk after Pete. "We'll have fun tonight." Pete shook his head.

Elise took in the bear hug and smiled afterwards. She then looked at Pete who was introduced by Patrick. His crooked smile was cute, she could tell he wasn't having the best day. "Hi." She replied in her soft tone. Eli didn't want to feel like she was intruding since she was looking forward to this night all day. She slipped her leather jacket on and giggled at Pete's comment as she did so. Eli watched as he walked away towards the exit and then focused her view on Pat. Elise just nodded and grinned in reply.

Eli stuck her hands into the pockets of her jacket and kept beside Pat. When they finally got to the SUV, Elise climbed in and sat in the far left seat by the window. She kind of kept her eyes on Pete for a bit longer and then gave a warm smile towards Patrick when he joined her. Eli crossed her legs and looked out of the window. She was for sure that tonight would be fun.

Pete hopped into the drivers seat of his SUV and glanced at Andy who was in the front with him, then to Joe that was in the back with Elise who sat by the window and Pat who sat in the middle. Pete shook his head lightly and started the vehicle, pulling out of the parking lot and into the street. His eyes were glued to the road as the music from the stereo played lightly. He wanted to drink bad but he was driving.

Joe groaned from the backseat. "I am so damn happy that there is one more show after this and we can take a break! I need one." Pete actually laughed at this. Joe moved around but he was never hyped up on stage. "A break? You barely do anything! Play in my shoes one day, Joe. It'll be hell for you." Pete grinned as he said that. Patrick laughed lightly from beside Elise. Pete glanced in the rear-view mirror at her. She was beautiful but she seemed quiet. He pulled into the parking lot of a local bar and turned off the vehicle and jumping out. He then placed his sunglasses on and pulled up his hood. He didnt want to be bothered by fans tonight.

Elise stayed quiet but listened to everyone's conversation, having a giggle at some. It was actually a bit odd that Eli wasn't joining in and joking as well. Since she's basically one of the guys, she can fit in very easily. Eli tapped her foot to the music that was playing from the radio and smiled when she heard Pete's laugh, it was adorable. Looking up from the window, she felt the car stop and saw a sign that read "Minky's", one of the best bars. Elise hopped out of the SUV and threw her hair to the back so it wouldn't bother her.

Eli entered the bar behind the boys and glanced around. It was actually a bit busier tonight than it usually is. She could see a lot of the guys disguising themselves. It must be so annoying to constantly be hounded by fans everywhere you go. Elise hopped onto a bar stool and ordered an Irish Car Bomb. She patiently waited as a pool table came to her attention. "I bet I can kick all your asses." Elise said jokingly with laughter. Her grandfather actually use to own a pool table but she was never allowed to play even though she's always wanted to try.

Pete took a seat between Andy and Elise. He looked up as the bartender walked up. He ordered a glass of Old Charter and grabbed the glass as it was handed to him. He took a large drink and a small smile came to his lips as it burned down his throat. Sadly this was the only drink he could have tonight. He quickly finished off the drink and looked over to Elise with a cocky smile. "You THINK you can kick my ass at pool. You wont win." He narrowed his eyes as the cocky smile turned into a smirk.

He hopped up off the bar stool and fixed his shirt then made his way to the pool table. He begin to set up a game and grabbed a pool stick that was a good weight. He chalked the top and his hands as he leaned against the wall waiting for her to come over. Patrick and Andy joined. Andy nudged Pete. "Dude. I'm with you." Pete raised an eyebrow. Andy couldn't play for shit. Hopefully He could take up for Andy's lack of pool skills. Patrick looked over at Elise. "I'm on your team Eli!" He grinned like a kid on Christmas day.

Elise grabbed the shot and dropped it into the cup of beer. She quickly drank it down so it wouldn't spew everywhere. Once she finished, she looked over at Pete. "Yeah, we'll see about that!" Eli replied with a devilish grin. Swinging her hair back, she stood up from the bar stool and solidly placed the empty glass down in front of her before joining the boys. Elise looked over at by the pool table and already saw Pete chalking his pool stick, He's so gonna kick your ass Eli. She thought while she made her way in front of the pool table.

She looked over at Pat who decided to be on her team, thank god. A smile formed on her lips and she nodded in reply. Eli walked over towards the pool cue rack and picked up a stick that was the perfect weight for her. She skimmed past Pete and turned around showing a smile before joining Pat.

Eli stood by Patrick and gave him a playful nudge. "I'll rack." Eli offered as she bent over on the table and gathered all pool balls and began racking all of them, putting the 8 ball in the middle.

Pete looked up to Patrick who was staring at him. He raised an eyebrow at his friend and Pat just smiled and shook his head, looking away. He looked down at Eli as she skimmed past him. He raised an eyebrow with a smirk pulling at his lips. He moved to the back of the table and leaned against the wall watching as she leaned over the table setting up the game. Pete would be lying if he said he wasnt looking. She was very attractive. He moved to the other side of the table and grabbed the cue ball. He placed it in the middle, lining it up. "I'll break." He grinned and waited for her to be done.

Andy had sat on a stool and was waiting. Patrick leaned against the wall, smiling at everyone. Pete leaned over the table and placed his pool stick between his thumb and pointer finger. He lined up his sights and looked down the table. He pulled back the stick and pushed it forward. He watched as the cue ball slammed against the others, causing them to spread out and the solid blue ball go in the left corner pocket. He looked up at Eli with a smirk. "We are solids..."

After Elise gathered all the balls together in a perfect triangle in the middle of the table, she backed up towards Pat and let Pete break. She looked over at Patrick who had a huge smile on his face, Eli couldn't help but laugh. He's always been so positive and happy all the time. There's usually never negative energy around him. Elise leaned against the wall with her cue stick firmly grasped by both hands. Keeping her view on Pete a little longer than others, she showed a slight smirk. Why did he get her attention more than others?

Eli watched as the balls scattered around the table. "We are solid." She heard Pete say as she looked up and found a smirk on his face. Elise put one foot forward and brought herself to the table. "I'm more of a stripe kind of person anyway," she joked as a smile played on her lips. Making her way towards the area that the cue ball ended up, she leaned in and positioned the cue stick. As she pulled her arms back, she pushed the stick into the ball and watched as it slammed into a white and purple striped ball. It hit the table corners a few times and almost made it in but stopped right at the edge, blocking a few solids. "Awww," she groaned out. "Guess it's your turn now." She said sticking out her tongue.

Pete watched her lean over the table and take a shot. He was on edge as the stripped purple ball rolled toward the pocket. He grinned as it stopped right on the edge. He looked over at Andy who leaned over the table and shot randomly, making the 8 ball hit the purple stripe ball into the socket. Pete let his hand connect with his face as he shook his head. "Andy. One day, I will teach you how to play pool." Pete looked over at Patrick. "Your turn, bud."

Patrick all but skipped over to the table. He leaned over and took a shot. The red stripped ball slipped into a pocket. Pete kept his eyes on Eli. A slight smirk played on his lips. Why was he so drawn to her? He looked around for a moment after he tried to make a shot, not making it sadly, and furrowed his brow. His eyes scanned the bar and he tried to hold back a laugh. Joe was sleeping at the bar. Pete leaned his pool stick against the wall and walked toward Eli. "Your turn beautiful." He whispered as he walked toward the bar to get drinks.

Elise giggled to herself as Andy shot and hit the wrong ball, it made her giggle even more when she saw Pete's reaction and heard his comment. She looked over at Patrick and smiled. Watching him take a shot and making it, Eli threw one hand in the air, "Go Pat!" She cheered with laughter. Elise looked over and caught Pete's eyes directly on her with a smirk formed on his lips. She smiled at him and twirled a strand of her hair between two fingers. The attraction between them is so substantially obvious and a bit surprising no one has caught them smiling and staring at each other the whole time but the thought of them secretly flirting brought a smile to her face.

When Patrick joined Elise after the shot, she patted him on the back and watched the table as it was Pete's turn. She slowly walked towards the pool table and smirked in reaction to Pete missing the shot. As she was about to position herself to shoot, she heard Pete's comment making her cheeks flush a bit. Elise smiled and took a shot at the cue ball, making two striped balls into the pocket. "Hell yeah," she said while high-fiving Patrick. "How about we make this game a little more interesting... Since Pete thinks he can kick my ass and all." Elise offered with a devilish grin. She watched as Pete came back with drinks. "Say Pat and I win... You and Andy have to strip, run all the way to the Wolff River, and then skinny dip." Elise added, raising an eyebrow and looking Pete up and down.

He grinned like a mad man as he walked back with 4 beers. He tossed them off to everyone and looked Eli up and down. He moved toward her. "Wouldn't you like to see that." He smirked and leaned against the pool table as he popped open his beer and took a drink. He wasn't suppose to be drinking... screw it. "If Andy and I win..." He looked over at Patrick who had a scared look on his face. Pete frowned. Even though Pat lost all that weight and is in shape he was still iffy about his body and Pete couldn't make him do something like that. "If Andy and I win you guys have to break into a store and spray paint the walls."

Pete was grinning like an idiot. He looked over at Pat and held back a laugh. Patrick had a look to kill. Like he was not about to loose and he didn't. Pat and Eli won. They won by 3 shots because Andy cant play for shit. Pete glared at him as he took his hood off. "Look what you did!" Pete groaned. "Now I- WE have to run around buck ass naked!" He groaned as he moved toward the bar and woke John up. He threw John's arm over his shoulder and pulled him outside. He then placed him in the backseat of his SUV and tossed Pat his keys. Pete looked at Eli. "So do we have to undress now? Or when we get to the river?"

Elise caught the beer and popped the top on the corner of a table next to her. She took a sip of the beer and raised her eyebrows up and down in reply to Pete. Eli smirked afterwards and leaned against the wall, she playfully nudged Pat when Pete announced what they had to do if they lost. "You up for that Pat?" She asked with a smirk and then walked towards the pool table without waiting for a reply.

When the game was over and Eli realized her and Patrick won, she was so thrilled. "I thought you were gonna kick my ass?" Elise joked as she ran her fingers across his shoulders. Eli waited and followed behind Pete and Pat. Once they got outside, Elise stopped in front of Pete and listened to the question she was asked. Twirling around to look behind her, she let out a giggle. "Well.. The river isn't that far." Eli implied.

The river was in a good view from where they were at, it had a huge bridge that could easily be jumped off of--something she did all the time as a teenager with her crazy friends--. Elise bit her finger and turned back around, facing Pete. "I think now would be good." Elise said with that mischievous smile of hers. "I mean... If you guys aren't wusses..." She said trailing off her words as she turned to Patrick and winked. She knew both her and Pat were relieved that they didn't lose but Eli isn't afraid to do anything, and she usually proves it.

"I was gonna kick your ass. I didn't know Andy here and Pat wanted to join it." He smirked and raised an eyebrow at her. "Andy might be. I was exposed on the internet. Like this'll change anything." Pete unzipped his jacket and pulled it off. "You guys are such ass holes." He then pulled off his shirt, shivering. Andy mumbled from a few feet away. "This is such shit." Patrick chuckled. "Learn how to play, Andy!"

Once Pete was stripped down and covering himself. He looked at Eli and shook his head. "Ass." He screamed as he took off and ran for the bridge. He hopped over the railing and free fell down to the cold water below. Once he came up out of the water, he coughed and hacked some. Pat walked up and gave him some boxers. He slipped them on and looked up at Andy who was fully clothed. "Sorry man. I couldn't do it." Pete grinned and walked over to Eli, throwing his arm over her shoulder. He then shook his head, getting her wet. "Sorry." He grinned and jogged back to the SUV for his clothes.

Elise just laughed and took the whole thing in. "This is gonna be sooo good," she said to herself as she watched Pete strip down. Elise studied Pete a bit more once he had all of his clothes completely off. "Ass," she heard Pete call out. "I like yours!" She shouted back with laughter as he took off. Eli couldn't hold in any more giggles as she watched Pete dive right into the water butt naked. "Oh my god, this is great." Elise managed to chuckle out. Grabbing her stomach from laughing so hard, she toned it down when Pete came back towards them.

Getting soaked from the dripping wet Pete, she just laughed and playfully pushed him. Elise followed behind him and pulled off her jacket and threw it in the backseat. "Can't believe you actually did that," she said with a grin as she hopped onto the drivers seat, letting her legs dangle outside of the car. "I mean I definitely would have." Elise said jokingly. She tucked her hair behind her ear and looked up at the sky.

Pete pulled on his black skinny's and shoes. He tossed his shirt and jacket into the back of the SUV. He didnt are about that right now. He then placed his sunglasses over his eyes as people passed by. He looked at Eli with a grin. "I dont turn down a bet and I sure as hell dont act like a loser when I lose." He ran his fingers through his hair and shook it some, trying to get it to dry. "Great man. My hair is gonna-" He stopped when there was a tap on his shoulder. He turned and looked down at a kid.

"Holy shit! It is Fall Out Boy!" The kid grinned as his friends ran over. Pete looked at Eli with a groan and turned to the kids with the best smile he could come up with. Pat stood by Pete as the kids asked them questions. "Oh! Can you play us a few songs in the bar!?" One shouted. Pat looked at Pete. Pete looked back at Pat. Pat looked at Eli. "Do you mind, Eli?" He asked as he turned to Pete. "Call 'em." Pete nodded and walked up to Eli, leaning around her and grabbing his phone. He backed up some as he messed with his phone and pressed it to his ear. "Hey. We are at Minky's. Yea, bring our shit. We are playing a few songs." He looked up at Eli with a grin.

Eli leaned back, her hands placed on the mantle behind her with a smirk on her face. "Good," she said in reply. Elise watched as a group of kids ran up to the SUV, swarming around Pete. While watching Pete react to the kids, she couldn't help but smile; it was too cute. She threw her hands up as to say 'I don't mind' when Pat asked if she cared if they played. A smile formed on her face once again when Pete reached around her, she listened to him talk on the phone and hopped out of the driver's seat when he finished.

"Guess you guys are playing again tonight." Elise said while she fixed her shirt. She leaned into the backseat and grabbed her leather jacket. Leaning against the SUV, she crossed her arms and waited for whoever was bringing their setup. In all honesty, she was actually pretty excited that they agreed to play, she had such a good time at the concert, it definitely wouldn't be a problem for her to hear them play again.

Pete scratched his bare side as he watched the teenagers run into the bar. Joe and And already left to talk to the owner and Pat waled off to talk to the driver of the bus that held their things. Pete looked over at Eli. He then looked up as Patrick walked up with his bass case. He grabbed it and motioned for Eli to follow as he followed 2 men as they pushed his amps inside. He followed them up to a small stage and told them where to put it.

Once they had everything plugged in, he sat on the ground, after plugging his bass and strummed a few times, turning the knobs on the amp. "How long have you known Pat?" He asked Eli as he looked up to see more teenagers pile into the bar and Joe and Andy begin to set up. Pat was at the bar for some odd reason. He watched as Pat walked up handing Pete and Eli a beer. "Don't get too drunk Pete..." Pat warned in a serious voice. "Yea, Yea."

He pulled out his phone and motioned Eli over. "What songs should we play?" He asked as he scrolled through a list of their songs on his phone. "I wanna play 7 Minutes In Heaven" He looked up at her for a split second being reminded what the song was about. "I also want to play Thriller." He scrolled a bit more. "What do YOU want to hear?... I'll be playing for you." He mumbled the last part under his breath with a smile.

Eli continued leaning against the SUV as she watched Patrick bring Pete's bass. She straightened up and then followed behind Pete when he motioned her to. Propping herself up on the stage behind Pete, she looked down and watched as he strummed his bass. "Oh god, for a long time," she replied. "Probably about 8 years." Eli added as she watched Pat walk towards their way with handful of beers.

She gently took the beer from Pat and took a sip. It was so nice to see how much Patrick cares for Pete, it brought a slight smile to her face. Luckily Eli can handle her liquor because that was her third drink tonight and that Irish Car Bomb did a little more than the regular beers. She doesn't want to be sloppily drunk, especially around Pete.

When she saw Pete motioning her towards him, she hopped off the stage and plopped down beside him. Eli listened to everything he said and held back her inner fangirl. 7 Minutes In Heaven was one of her favorite songs back then. "7 Minutes In Haven, yes definitely." Eli agreed with a smile. "How about every song from all of your albums?" Eli joked, even though she really would stay and listen to every single one. "No but seriously, I'd really love to hear you guys play Thanks For The Memories and Alone Together," she offered, a smile still glued on her face.

Pete stopped for a moment when she said she likes 7 minutes in heaven. That was the song he wrote about his suicide attempt. It was an important song to him. He smiled and shook it away. "So 7 minutes, Thriller, Alone Together, Thanks For The Memories, Hmmm..." He stopped and thought for a moment. "Saturday and Miss Missing You." He nods and rushes over to tell Trick(pat). He leans over and points at the songs. "7 Minutes, Thriller, Alone Together, Thanks For The Memories, Saturday, and Miss Missing." Trick grinned and nodded.

Pete rushed over to Eli and picked her up. He jumped off the stage and plopped her down right in front of the stage. He strapped his bass across himself and scratched his bare ribs, making a red spot. "Everyone is coming back to my place for the night. We are gonna drink and just hang out. You wanna come? Well we are your ride right? You are coming. I'm making you."

He jumped up on stage and looked at Trick. Trick nodded and Pete nodded back. "This is... 7 Minutes In Heaven..." Pete grinned as Trick's amazing voice begin to fill the room. Pete hopped around in the small space he had to move around in. He stepped up to the mic that was set up for him and begin to sing with Trick. "I’m sitting out dances on the wall, trying to forget everything that isn't you. I'm not going home alone, cause I don't do too well on my own..."

Eli could see the importance in Pete's eye when she agreed to the song. She knew there was a backstory to it, which only caused her to feel closer to Pete and their music. She smiled and listened as he named off songs, nodding along the way. Looking over at Patrick, she gave him a thumbs up and a chuckle.

When Pete swiftly picked Elise up, she couldn't stop smiling like a fool. There were glares given to her by a group of female teenagers, that are obviously crushing on him. It caused her to slightly giggle. As Pete put her down, Eli flipped her long brown hair out of her face. She looked up and kept her attention on him as he spoke. Before she could even answer, Pete already did so for her. Eli pursed her lips into a smirk and nodded her head in agreement as to say "Of course."

She kept her eyes on the band when they all got ready to play. Eli made eye contact with Pete as he sang and she didn't plan on breaking it. She felt like she was the only one in the room--even with the smaller crowd around the stage-but she loved it. Pete's singing and the lyrics caused an immense amount of goosebumps. Continuing to dance along to the music, a smile stayed on her face.

Pete kept his eyes on Eli while he played and sang. The song ended and Trick decided he wanted to sing Alone Together. Pete begin to play as Trick begin to sing. He felt as if he was high. Playing in front of anyone made him feel amazing. The way they listen and close their eyes as they sing. He grinned and spun his bass around his body. Jumping off the small stage, he walked up to Eli and grinned like a kid on Christmas day. He leaned forward, placing a kiss on her cheek before hopping up on the stage and playing more.

After they played, they met some fans and went back outside to Pete's SUV. He smiled at Eli as they walked and stood by the vehicle. Trick ran up and hug his arm around Eli's shoulders. "I know I asked this last time but did you like the show? Well... mini show?" He grinned and looked at Pete with a raised eye brow. Pete shrugged and threw his arms in the air. "Lets go to my place!" He shouted as he ran around the SUV with his fist in the air like superman. He hopped in and started the vehicle.

Continuing to dance, Eli closed her eyes and let the music take her away. She loves the feeling of being in any kind of concert or music festival. It's the loud music and vibration from the speakers that made her feel so alive. Elise looked up and smiled as she watched the boys preform, they all are so energetic even after playing a large show. It made her happy that they would do anything to please their fans.

When Pete hopped off the stage, Eli grinned when he just stood there smiling. As he leaned in and kissed her on the cheek, she couldn't help but blush a little. She rose her hand to her cheek and smiled. Oh my god Eli, quit blushing like a little girl. She thought to herself as she continued to watch them preform. For the first time in a long time, Elise Vine has actually felt butterflies in her stomach.

Eli propped herself up on stage when they finished preforming and watched as they met some fans and signed some of their belongings. Once they finished, she followed beside them to the SUV. She looked over at Pete and returned a smile back towards him. Eli felt someone throw their arm around her, turning around she saw Patrick smiling like a madman. "As always," she replied with a sweet smile. She giggled at Pete and followed behind him. Plopping down in the backseat, she scooted over to the spot she was in last time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back