What do you look for?

Cthulhu_Wakes

Black Sun in a White World
What are some of your favorite elements in an Exalted epic?

Btw, I'm Back! *listens to the crickets and wolf howl*  :oops:

Blood. Guts. Gore. Veins betwen my teeth...

When I plot out a campaign, it all depends on what the players are looking for, and what music I'm listening to at the time.

I prefer tales of responsibility.  With a lot of inter-connected characters and plots.  Each action the players take have consequences, and in an epic level game, that means that the cascades from their actions is huge. Turning the tides of nations huge. Spawning new religions huge.

And you've got to have adversaries that are worth the effort. Not just horrible baddies, but interesting and complex villains. Villains that make the characters stop a couple of times, and possibly even consider their words. Temptation to wield power.  Temptation to give in to their darker urges.  I rarely make up mindless killing machines as villains. If there is a juggernaut out there, it's usually been put into play by someone or something else.  

And of course, there's always a bright lining when the PC's open themselves up to be duped, betrayed, and used.  Sometimes even willingly.  When you are forced to work with your greatest enemy...that's dead sexy as an ST.  That is bank in my book.

Basic and simple ideas that are executed well and with a twist, something to make the players sit up and analyse not just what their doing, but why.  It also helps to use players emotions like a yo-yo, so it really feels like they are actually sharing their experiences with their character;  escapism at its most worthy.

~FC.

And you've got to have adversaries that are worth the effort.
I normally don't respond for just one liners, but I have to say that this is the single best insight to ANYTHING I've seen lately. Kudos.

Why do so many people forget this?

While I normally say that what I look for is developed character backgrounds, at this point I'll settle for any character background... any... at all.... please.... somebody? :shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back