Magi: The Otherworld

Kleopatris said:
Hey, I loved this show. What characters are you looking for?
Anyone really. :D

You may begin posting character sheets under the CS tab. I will have a Rules tab up soon. Once people have posted their character sheets and looked at the rules tab, they may begin posting after I begin the roleplay. :D

@Otakuyaki

For the Djinn Race section, if we're making a metal vessel, wouldn't each of them be different? Cause the 72 Djinn represented all the races in Alma Torran and were the leaders of their race.

Cece Meep] [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/11513-otakuyaki/ said:
@Otakuyaki[/URL]
For the Djinn Race section, if we're making a metal vessel, wouldn't each of them be different? Cause the 72 Djinn represented all the races in Alma Torran and were the leaders of their race.
Exactly why I put it there. I will decline character sheets with djinns that are of a claimed race already. You're welcome to use a canonical race, or create your own.

TBH, I've always been intrested in Magi, but I never read it. I wanna RP, but I feel Like I'd be holding you guys down...

gogojojo331 said:
TBH, I've always been intrested in Magi, but I never read it. I wanna RP, but I feel Like I'd be holding you guys down...
You don't have to read it to RP here, as long as you get an idea of the universe it's set in. You're very welcome to join us, and don't feel that way. You can pick up stuff about the universe as we go along, and I can give you an explanation of their universe right now, tomorrow, or whenever you need one. Just do what you want, hahaha. :3

gogojojo331 said:
can you do it now?
Yeah for sure.

Basically, the Magi universe, canonically, is set in a world with a geography dramatically different from ours, but there are three notable things about it. (1) The kingdoms of Magi are all based on civilisations in real life, with few exceptions. Heliohapt is based on Ancient Egypt, Parthevia is based on Ancient Persia, Artemyura is based on Ancient Greece, Reim is based on Ancience Rome, Kou is based on Ancient China, Kina is based on Ancient Japan, and the like. I personally believe that Sasan and Balbadd, two locations, are based on Ancient Britannia and Baghdad, but others may have varying opinions. (2) Their world map is just a part of the world, because there is an entire portion of the world that is unexplored and normally unreachable, called the Dark Continent. It is a land from the "old world", Alma Torran, which was transported directly from it due to special circumstances. (3) Everyone from the "new world" came from Alma Torran, and everyone who is not part of the Torran tribes were originally of different races in Alma Torran.

And about the history, there are two notable things about that. (1) The "old world" Alma Torran died as a result of a catastrophe called the Medium being summoned by a group called the Al-Thamen, a group that seeks the world's destruction by uniting it with Il-Illah's touch. Il-Illah is the deity of Alma Torran, and upon being summon by the Medium, it was summoned as a black mass that stole the white rukh from everything. (2) As a result, all the survivors of Alma Torran were moved to the new world to begin anew, all being transformed and united under the race of humanity. The Dark Continent, however, is a special place that still contains life forms and races unique to Alma Torran that had to be moved in its entirety.

gogojojo331 said:
can you do it now?
The rukh is the "energy" that permeates the world in Magi, and it represents the great flow of destiny. It is present everywhere, flowing in streams, and it is responsible for all natural phenomena and calamities. They are present in everything, and as a result, everything is made of white rukh as its foundation. All living beings contain magoi that is drawn from the rukh. It is this magoi that allows magicians to cast spells and vessel wielders to use their special skills. When someone runs out of magoi, they've effectively run out of energy, and cannot cast spells or use skills. This also puts them dangerously close to death. Continuing to use magoi in such a state will kill them. Side effects of depleting one's magoi include blood flowing from the eyes, veins popping, and a paler complexion. When someone dies, their soul returns to the rukh, and thus return to destiny.

Only magicians are capable of using magic, and when they use magic, they use magic that fall under a specific category stemming from eight categories. These categories are: heat, water, light, lightning, air, sound, power, and life. Casting a magic that falls under one of these categories dyes the rukh a certain colour. Heat magic dyes the rukh red, water dyes the rukh blue, etc.

Black rukh, however, is a deep black rukh that represents a soul's deviation from following destiny. They fight against their destiny. This is called "falling into depravity" in Magi. Dyeing black only ever occurs when someone is desperately trying to accomplish their goals and curses their own fate, thus stemming from a deep hatred and spite. Black rukh offers its magicians abilities similar to Magi. They are capable of drawing lots of magoi from the streams of black rukh, and they can also create life-forms over time with it.

Uhm... I'd recommend being a ruler or something along those lines. If you can, find someone to collaborate with, so that you can have a partner and so that you won't be lost. If you plan on making a metal vessel wielder, you can collaborate with someone who has a magi character. If you plan on making a household vessel wielder, you can collaborate with someone who has a djinn. If you plan on being a magi, find a metal vessel wielder. :3

Pretty much, as long as you give yourself leg room and freedom to pursue what you want and stick with us during the developing plot, you're good, so someone who has controlling influence in a country would be good for you.

gogojojo331 said:
what's a vessel wielder do? and who here is willing to team up?
I can team up with you. Otherwise, I think Mezzaluna maybe will be up for it. Ask her, maybe?

A metal vessel is a dungeon capturer, and a king candidate. It is said that kings would be people worthy of capturing dungeons. Dungeons are random structures that appear in the world, summoned by the magi, which house treasures, monsters, and at the end, a djinn. The djinn will reside by the king candidate they choose, and can be called upon to use their special abilities. In the series, there are several djinns like:

• Amon, djinn of decorum and austerity, with the ability to control fire
  • Zagan, djinn of loyalty and purity, with the ability to control plants and microbes
  • Baal, djinn of wrath and heroes, with the ability to control lightning

These djinns reside in an object with a metal component, and their metal vessel wielders use the metal vessels they inhabit to call upon the abilities. They can use the abilities without "equipping their djinn", but when they equip their djinn, they summon the weapon of the djinn, which has an appearance based on the metal vessel they inhabit, and can even summon the full appearance of the djinn, meaning that they summon the weapon, as well as the clothing and jewellery of the djinn. All metal vessel wielders, in their "full djinn equip" gain a third eye.

Metal vessel wielders can also use extreme magics, their abilities honed to the extreme. It's your choice in this rp what you want your extreme magic to be.

Household vessel wielders are people who support a king candidate/dungeon capturer/metal vessel wielder. They also carry a metal vessel, except that it doesn't carry a djinn. It carries a spirit produced from the djinn of the metal vessel wielder they support, and have spin-off abilities of the real djinn. For example, a household vessel of Amon, Amol Selseila, can form wings of fire and fly, and Bararaq Kauza, a household vessel of Baal, that uses lightning to stimulate the muscles.

gogojojo331 said:
What djin is that? So he's like Ban from 7 Deadly Sins?
Practically, yeah, lol. He was the first thing that popped into my head when I heard "bandit".

Make your own djinn. There are 2 rules: (1) the djinn must have a name of a demon from the Ars Goetia, and come from the dungeon of the same number of the demon. If the djinn is Zagan, it is the 62nd demon from the Ars Goetia, and thus comes from the 62nd dungeon. If it is Zepar, it comes from the 16th dungeon, since it is the 16th demon; (2) the djinn cannot be capable of controlling magics from more than one magic type.

gogojojo331 said:
should I choose it later?
It's probably better to have it when you publish your CS, lol.

Cece Meep] [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/11513-otakuyaki/ said:
@Otakuyaki[/URL]
Can I change the extreme magic for my character?
Yes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back