• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Answered Users profile not available

Cold Ramen Noodles

This account is closed.
I'm just curious. What does this mean? It says something different when the person has their profile hidden from others. It says this user limits who may view their profile or something like that.

I know the thread is old, but if they're banned how can they still browse the site on their profile? Shouldn't they be prevented from logging in or being visible in the "Users" thingie at the bottom of the page?

To make ban appeals easier, most likely. It's easier to let them post in Staff Contact or something than have to figure out how to email the mods to make a case for lifting any potentially unfair bans

Ah, I guess that's fair. Wrongful bans probably don't happen too often, but no doubt they happen.

Yep. Everyone makes mistakes, so it's important that it's not made more difficult than it needs to be to fix those mistakes :xFsmile:

We have two types of bans, temporary and permanent. Permanent bans means that user has no access to the site. Temporary they have restricted access to the site only to permit communication with Staff to appeal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back