Story Untitled (Superhero WIP)

Onivyr Alagorne

Chapter 1

Charles Wilford instructed his team of superheroes after a long job. “Good work team. Next time, let’s focus on efficiency when we’re out in the field. Arthur, I need you to work on your fear of the ocean. It inhibits our missions and we need everyone to be present and ready for battle otherwise you’re a liability. We’re no longer safe if we’re managing you at the same time. Annabelle, great job maneuvering the submarine. Your technical skills continue to impress me…” Arthur scoffed. This wasn’t the first time he was criticized while the others in the team were praised. “…Everyone else, begin your training and in the evening we’ll all meet back in the hub for our meal and communal activities.” The team quietly go to their respective rooms. Annabelle knocks on the edge of Kalle’s door frame. She leans on it and pulls out a cigarette. After taking a drag she offers it to Kalle who refuses with a scoff and goes about her training. After a few moments, Kalle stops and turns to Annabelle.
“Did you need something?” Annabelle eyes her breasts for a moment and then meets her eyes.
“No. I just like the view.”
Kalle rolls her eyes. “Well why don’t you go and prey on someone else. I’m busy doing my job.” Annabelle takes another pull from her cigarette and rolls her shoulders on the doorframe as she exits the room.
“Eh whatever, you’re boring anyways. I’m gonna go find Artie. At least he tolerates me.” Annabelle walked off and Kalle let out a big sigh of disappointment.

As she walked down the long, endless hallways of the mansion, Annabelle dragged her fingers along the textured wall. The wall to the right had a stone texture that Annabelle found comforting. The rocks were different shades of brown and red and they were smooth, but the wall itself was fairly bumpy.* The wall to the left was hardly a wall at all. More like a corridor of massive windows with a thick orange border. None of them opened and naturally, they were all bulletproof. In between each window was a shocking amount of vases from all around the world. Each one was displayed in a glass case — most likely bulletproof — and each one sat atop an orange podium. The hallways were surprisingly well ventilated with several grates along the top of the stone wall. The hallways were fairly wide and the only light visible at night were two strips that lined the sides of the floor on each wall. Everyone usually avoided roaming the hallways at night due to the looming eeriness.

*One might call it rocky.

She approached the end of the hallway and found Arthur in one of the lounging rooms looking out at the ocean that surrounded the mountains they were so well protected by. She approached him from behind and locked him in a chokehold while messing with his hair as he struggled to escape the situation.

“Annabelle! Come on back off! Quit being childish.” She backed off and he ran his fingers through his smooth red hair until it fell back into place, perfectly falling above his ears.* He adjusted his glasses and continued to stare at the water in silence. Annabelle took a seat beside him and grew serious.

*He got that 90s heartthrob haircut. Brendan Fraiser lookin aah

“So, you’re really scared of the ocean, huh?” Arthur remained silent, but his eyes scanned the floor. “Don’t listen to Charles. The guys a twat anyways. You can still be valuable even with your fears.” Arthur finally acknowledged her and turned to face her. “He’s not a twat Annie. He may be shit at showing it, but I see that he cares about us. In this line of work, there are a lot of dangers. I mean we may be superheroes but we aren’t immortal and we’re still human. As much as I hate the constant criticism, he has a point. I am a liability and it’s hard to focus on a mission when not everyone is able to do their jobs efficiently.”

NOTE: Hello! I am the author. You may call me Mr. Alagorne or Onivyr. I am gladly accepting feedback. I know there isn't much yet, but I am struggling to write the next scene. If anyone is willing to help brainstorm and provide feedback, you are more than welcome to reach out to me. I look forward to hearing from fellow users.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back