Experiences Time Travel!

Jannah

Barely holding on.
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
So it's a trope and plot device I've always been interested in. However, it of course comes with plenty of paradoxes and other factors that can make it difficult to implement into RP's. This could perhaps be why I rarely even see it used. That being said, though, do any of you have actual experience with it? Did you enjoy it? Additionally, how was it implemented? Was it am major plot point or a minor afterthought? Please share all your time travel experiences here!

I personally have always wanted to try a RP using this trope. I have a few ideas for it. One would be a situation where a small group of time travellers go back in time to prevent a major event from happening. This would either be in a futuristic post-apocalyptic plot where the time travellers are trying to prevent the apocalyptic scenario or an alternative history type plot where the time travellers are attempting to change history in some way (such as to prevent an evil power from winning a major war or something).

My other idea involves two factions: one changing various historical events to benefit them and then a second faction trying to prevent said changes due to all the paradoxes and things it would create. Of course this idea is far more involved and would require a lot of players who are willing to be active long-term. On a site like this that is next to impossible to pull off.

Time travel stuff is always fun. Did you ever watch the show: Seven Days?

Its about a top secret program that used alien technology from Roswell to create a time machine that allows them to send the user (but not the machine) back seven days since thats as much fuel as they have. They always changed up the premise. Sometimes a major event happened and they have to figure out how to stop it and then go back to stop it. And sometimes the main guy just has to go back into the past and figure it out from the get go.

The interesting twist is always that the main guy who travels back is the only one who keeps his memories since he is the only one traveling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back