• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Time-Stop

Dromio of Ephesus

Dromio of Ephesus submitted a new resource:

Time-Stop - Welcome to the world between dreams.

It could have been described as the commonly overused phrase prevalent in most suspense novels and children's literature: all of a sudden. You don’t realize how much noise there actually is until silence slams into you like a double-decker bus.
You don’t think about the chirping of the crickets or the cars or the sound of floor creaks and wall-skittering that you’d like to believe is inexplicable. You don’t take into account the wind or the ticking of the clock or the radiators....
Read more about this resource...

It could have been described as the commonly overused phrase prevalent in most suspense novels and children's literature: all of a sudden. You don’t realize how much noise there actually is until silence slams into you like a double-decker bus.

You don’t think about the chirping of the crickets or the cars or the sound of floor creaks and wall-skittering that you’d like to believe is inexplicable. You don’t take into account the wind or the ticking of the clock or the radiators. You’re used to these things. But when silence comes, its suffocating.

It's the silence that wakes you up.

The time is 1:24 AM. It has been so for two days. Everything has stopped. Everything that is, except for you and a few others. In this world, you are called wakers.

Up until now, you thought you were insane: always spotting things in the corner of your eye that weren't there when you turned around, hearing incoherent whispers in your ear when you are tired. But you are not crazy, you are just more aware of what typically goes unseen by the general population. A world within a world, between the cracks of time and under our beds. This is where stories of monsters came from. Now, it has accepted you as its own.

Now, it is up to you to figure out what is happening, who is causing it to be eternally 1:24, and how to stop them. Unfortunately, it is not that simple. It is not a story of monsters without monsters; you will encounter those. Some will be friendlier than others, some are deadly, and some... well some trace their origins back to your worst nightmares.

The good news is, you didn't arrive in this world unprepared, and the night has granted you some advantages. Abilities that allow you a fighting chance.

It is a still world full of life. You must decide whether or not to reanimate it.

You are a citizen of the town of Whitefield, which is of moderate size and though pretty isolated does fairly well for itself, especially during Summer, which is tourist season. It is mid-August, a week before everyone goes back to school and a couple more before the crowds recede.

Downtown-

editdowntown-mooresville-3.jpg

To the west-

appalachian-mountain-pictures-106.jpg

To the east-

shady-forest.jpg

1. This is where I say no godmodding, right? Well, I mean it. It's no fun when characters are all powerful. It also defeats the point of a story. So, yeah. Nope.

2. No Mary-Sue's/Marty-Stu's. Ugh.

3. Please capitalize proper nouns and the beginning of sentences. Also, pay attention to spell-check. Thank you.

5. Romance? Sure, go ahead. Just remember this is a PG-13 roleplay. Same goes for swearing.

6. Stay true to your character.

7. Appropriately sized posts please. I don't mind one-liners- if the situation calls for them. However, if you're not interacting with other characters I expect a minimum of five lines, give or take.

8. Be decent people in OOC. No need to make things unpleasant.

9. Post when you can. I won't expel you from the rp. We all have lives. Just know that I'll PM you if we haven't seen you in a week, to keep tabs and kill your character off if you're not coming back.

10. If you read the rules, post which number step I skipped in this list in the 'other' section of your character sheet. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back