• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Til Death Do Us Past (Closed)

Asteria

⚔️
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

scriptina.regular.png

tumblr_o96iwnrInm1r0o7uao1_500.gif

otto.medium.png

EMILIE

Loss – war will always take one’s mind to that word. Loss. The loss of a loved one was far greater than the loss of a territory, of a battle, of one’s raging military pride. Her father would argue that, from his heart, Emilie knew far too well. He was a soldier, skin, and bones, and the glory of his country, of the great Italian Empire was more important than his own life, and, at times, she thought, even more important than his family. ‘Or else, why would he have gone to war? Or else, why he would have left us alone in this world, with nothing at all?’ Those questions remained unanswered and Emilie kept them out of mind for as much as she could, afraid she may come to resent the answers she would find. She knew why, but as a stubborn child who remained without a father, she saw it in a dark aura. He had died and for what? The Italian Empire was dying in this war and with it, the lives that stained its soil. The war losses may be less than the Allies’, but people were just as desperate.

The death of their father was a heartbreaking hit, but it did not affect just their hearts. It affected their lifestyle as well. After his funeral, the two sisters who walked side by side in the warm spring wind of the evening, found themselves thrown in France, along their weeping mother. Coming from a family that descended from barons and baronesses, she had been seen as a disgrace to the family once she ran with a young Italian soldier, despite the odds. She had stained their name. Their blood, as two girls came out of the union. And yet, Adelia Blanchard, their aunt welcomed them with open arms – she was lonely, she had told them. Lonely, with a fortune, and no one to share it with. Terribly greedy she was though, wishing for more than she could carry.

Perhaps she had not welcomed them from the goodness of her heart but because of the opportunity two eligible girls, open to marriage, gave her. Beauty they carried, more French than Italian, and what else a husband sought? A beauty. An obeyer.

Emilie may obey but Penelope was far from it. She did not share the older sister’s calmness, she had a fire burning in her, one can Emilie could not match. She was calculated, more or less, and accepted her position. “Your situation is sensitive, my dears… Marriage is a good solution concerning the tension around you,” Adelia sat them down one day and not so long after, she was engaged to a bank owner. Rich. Powerful. Several years older than her, of course, and once divorced, but money spoke louder than his past, vices or if he would truly make for a good husband. He was tall, lean and broad-shouldered. The gray hairs spoke of his age. He carried himself with ease, his green eyes though were always exposing hatred, a coldness she could not touch and she had refrained from taking his arm as they walked down the street.

She found comfort in her sister, at least. Her mother had accepted to join them but she was a dark appearance with her black dress and the small veil of the same color she bore, falling on one eye. She was still mourning, much to Adelia’s annoyance. Her aunt stood out though, in a golden dress, fur around her shoulders, smiling and chuckling with the two fiancés. If their wives-to-be could not be an enjoyable presence, she could be, at last. Emilie never knew what to think of her – envy her, love her?

All she knew is that she wanted to be back in Italy, back to her life. But that life was far away and she felt as the barrier grew even more as they entered her aunt’s friend house. It was not a palace, but it showed luxury from every corner as they entered the hall, leaving the light coats to be taken. “Ah, it had been so long since we have gone out together, hadn’t it?” Adelia asked then as she led the party to the main hall.

“It always seems long since we have been in your company, ma’am,” her fiancé was quick to add, much to Emelie’s disapproval. It had not been so long. Her aunt made a habit of exposing herself and the men what would soon join her family. Going out or attending an event became a weekly, if not a daily, activity.

“Always sweet, Edmund.” And the woman easily offered a smile to the compliment. Her attention easily shifted though, at the sight of the blonde woman she sought for since the moment she entered through the door of the hall. The attention was returned. “Dianne! Here you were!” With these words, kisses followed, on each cheek. “I have been looking forward to your event, dear. It does look… enchanting.”

Enchanting was not a word Emilie would use but she refrained from speaking as she sought to straighten the dark green skirt of her dress with her hands, offering a smile to the woman and nothing else. French parties held a scandalous air to them and this was no different. Cigarette smoke tickled her nostrils, as well as the smell of champagne the bottles left out after the cog was removed with a pop. Women displayed their most expensive attires – modesty was left aside – and brilliant smiles as the men wooed them with sweet whispers and gentle touches. It was times like this in which one would wonder if the war was truly raging outside these doors. They were protected and yet, they weren’t.

Emilie enjoyed parties, in one part of her life, back home but the Italian parties were warm and welcoming while the French ones were provoking and intoxicating. It was as if you were undressed in a chamber full of unknown men and women. Everyone wanted and sought for something. The wanting stopped though, once the ring would be noticed. The engagement had its perks.

The hostess of the gathering was enchanted by the compliment. “I am glad you find it so and I am even gladder to see you have brought your family with you.” Not truly. “I need some gorgeous young girls to keep the atmosphere delightful… my age is not helping me.”

“Nonsense! Still as beautiful as I remember,” Emilie’s fiancé was quick to add. “Our fiancées would be more than glad to assist you.”

The blonde woman chuckled. “Oh, I did not worry about them, I worried about you. Jealousy is an awful green-eyed monster.” She shook off the subject though, as the men were amused. “No matter, today I have special guests from the American army. I tried to gather them here as soon as I heard they are in France. General Carter Reynolds and Commander Victor Howard,” she moved a hand in a sign of little care. “And whatever men they have around them. You want me to present you, don’t you?”

‘Little respect you have.’ The brunette girl could not help but think, considering their situation. Her smile faltered at the thought. “How could we not see to those that look after the well-being of our country?” Adelia inquired with a bright smile, not considering the sensitive position of her family. Her mother did not seem opposed to the idea – but when was she? They were on French soil, after all, and their voice mattered little. French held an interest in the war but they were careful on how they showed their power. Perhaps they did not love the Americans but they had even less love for Hitler and Mussolini. “I believe the men that came with me share the same belief.” Of course, they did. They had been picked by her, after all, to be easily molded.

“Well then,” Dianne spoke, “I shall present you with no delay.”

VICTOR

France – there was something to France that always drew Victor in. This wasn’t his first visit to France and he still wanted to believe that it would not be the last but war was war. Unpredictable. Ravenous. This femme fatale that took over the world bore a perfume that smelled of death. It was dangerous to crave this woman and follow it heedlessly but what was a soldier if not a complete blind fool? Victor was risking his life, commander or not. He was a fool as any other; just wore prettier clothes and a prettier title to go along his name. He loved life, no matter. Loved life to death. And France still seemed to stand up. It was full of life. It had the lavish parties he enjoyed, the beautiful women with their mysterious French features he adored… the best champagne. The aristocracy still seemed untouched by the Depression that took over the world before the start of the war. The war made no difference on that.

At times, he thought he should care more and be repulsed by such calmness when men were dying, outside the doors of this luxurious home, leaving families behind. But his selfishness did not allow him. He became selfish in the course of the years in the military, a selfishness he had lacked as a young child and as the innocent soul that entered the army. He had seen much, experienced much, felt much. That much easily became too much and with that tumultuous pile of misery, he learned to treasure himself and his life. The freshly earned position of the Commander of the American Air Forces has done little good for the way he saw himself.

Or for how others saw him. It amused him how one changed his or hers behavior to please him once they learned who he was. Dianne Aubert was no different – the Anna Karenina of France. Her party would be meaningless without the presence of the Golden Boy of the American Army, Carter Reynolds and the Silver Eagle, his commander. She looked to Carter more, as he was the General but she felt closer to Victor. He was leaner, not as bulkier as the American boys. He presented more of that French masculinity she seemed to be attracted to. They had not refused.

And how could he refuse at the thought of what awaited him behind the closed doors? The women. The alcohol. The thought of what the night may bring. He could not resist and nor would he. He will enjoy himself and he already did.

After the older blonde woman had left them, the men could, at last, enjoy one another’s presence. The corner they had settled in was loud, horribly so, unless they whispered about some pretty woman that passed by. Victor was leaning against the wall then, a glass of champagne in his left hand. He was too formal in dark blue suit, even if he lacked a tie and the first three buttons of his shirt were unbuttoned. Some strands of hair still fell upon his forehead, despite his several tries of pulling them back. It was in vain. His placement was attentively picked – he wanted to be able to see all those who came in or went out. Women, most of all.

“After this war is done with, I am moving to France,” one of his pilots say as his eyes trailed over a dark haired girl that passed by them. Not as if she minded as the look was returned with a devilish curve of her lips.

Victor chuckled lightly. “If you will live that long, Parker.”

“Don’t tell me you brought me here to ruin my dreams,” Parker teased then. The champagne was barely half as interesting as the women he saw that evening. “Whatever they say about the American Dream – the actress from Hollywood, they can’t compare to these beauties.” He added as he moved his finger to point all over the room. Victor wasn’t one to argue that. They were beauties but he sought for something that was… more that night.

Tanner slightly hit his friend’s shoulder, making Parker scowl at the gesture. “You know everything about the American Dream now, Parker? And the actresses? Big words for a little guy like you.”

The Commander could easily sense the tension then and he was prepared for the fiery disagreement that followed between the two but his eyes were, for a moment, taken away as they moved to the door. The sip he wanted to take from his drink was prolonged. It wasn’t the first woman that entered, the usual French diva that wasn’t aware of her age, nor the second one, the dark dressed woman, nor the men… but the two young women that followed. His blue eyes settled on taking them in, instead of paying attention to his own drink. “We won’t get to be close to these ones,” Scott’s voice was heard, amusement in his tone as he noticed his commander caught by surprise of the two women. Victor turned his head then, towards him, an eyebrow rose in curiosity.

“Do not tell me you know them.” Tanner moved his attention to Parker and their discussion then.

Scott shrugged. Victor would not be so surprised – Scott played well the role of spy. He did not remember to have seen these two particular young women before though or else he would have recognized them. Known them. “Emigrants for Italy. Well… refugees better said.” And against whom Americans fought? Italians as well. “Their mother is French though.”

“There is it – they are part French. We are friends with the French.” This made the situation somewhat better. The Commander did not quite comprehend why his mind tried to find reasons that may make an approach… not so bad and senseless. “Names?”

Scott lazily moved a finger to sneakily to point to the one in the emerald green dress. “The older one is Emilie. Ballerina. And the one in the dark blue dress is Penelope.” The younger sister. He always liked the younger ones, didn’t he? They had more fire to them. He liked to burn. Though, Victor slightly nudged the man as he noticed Dianne’s own eyes following them.

She sought to bring the beauties and those that came along them towards the group of soldiers. That was the moment Victor straightened from his leaning position, putting on his charming smile. Not for Dianne, no but for the sweet treats of the night. Emilie and Penelope. “I am sorry for leaving you so,” the words were purred almost, “but my I brought some of my family friends I wanted you all to meet.” She motioned then, to the rest. “My dear friend Adelia Blanchard, her sister, Alicia Moretti and her two nieces – Emilie and Penelope.” By that time, he barely acknowledged that she had mentioned the fiancés as well. He rarely cared for such things; they were just small bumps on the road. If a woman was to be his and he wanted her, nothing would stay in his way.

“And the gentlemen are General Carter Reynolds and Commander Victor Howard,” the woman added then, as well. Victor nodded in acknowledgment to the men but did not move to shake their hands.

Instead, he moved to kiss the hands of the women – Adelia first, as she seemed to be eager to make herself pleasing. Her sister denied the need of it with a light shake of her hand. He would not accept a negative answer from the young women. He lingered a little bit more as he came to the younger one, looking up to her as he left his lips to meet her hand. His eyes took her in, the dark-haired beauty. The darkness of her eyes took him in and yet, they seemed to gleam. Victor straightened his back then, holding on the hand just a moment longer, with a smirk upon his lips. “This night became better.”

“Oh, I have told them that their presence will light up the room,” Dianne added then, pleased with the outcome.

He left the hand go, at last. “It is a pleasure meeting you, ladies, isn’t it, General? This night just became… promising.”

Penelope

Love - will always heal the deepest of wounds, it was a enigma that silenced the very demons that plagued the mind of a tormented soul. It was happiness while feeling the biggest fear of having it all taken away in a blink of an eye. But love still managed to pull itself through and heal a scar such as that. It was what drove her father to fight for his country, to protect the woman he had fallen madly in love with, and to sacrifice himself so his daughters could continue to live on. Otherwise, why else would he have gone to war? Penelope did not see her fathers death as much as a tragedy as her older sibling or mother had, but as an act of love for them that would be remembered until the end of time itself. Love was what brought many hope, but it always came at a price. The endearing love story the woman begged to hear every night as a child was now wrapped up and it was time to pay the price for such a fantastic story and lifestyle.

Their mother had waited until they were much older than small children to relay the darker side of this tale. To love such a man as incredible as her father the woman had run away from her baroness status. One that Penelope never wanted in the first place, yet here they were, in this glorious home that their Aunt had with no children and no husband just herself. This was the prime example of money could not buy happiness, for the laughter and smiles their parents use to exchange was so much richer than that. In life, that was all Penelope had wanted, for a man to marvel and care about her as much as their father had for their mother and his daughters. At the funeral Penelope sat there as stone faced as possible while gripping her sisters hand with a deathly grip. Not one tear fell, that was until that very night when she had rushed into her mothers room to be in her arms while mourning for her daddy.

While weeping their mother seemed to know that Nell was a daddy's girl and every waking moment was spent with him. Which she could not deny the daughter in her arms was just a reincarnation of his fiery spirit and the one sleeping soundly was just as fragile as the mother.

Yet what had come next was not something Penelope would stand for.

Their Adelia had sat them down several weeks later prepping them for what to come from this conversation. “Your situation is sensitive, my dears… Marriage is a good solution concerning the tension around you,” Penelope's face had scrunched in the same exact way her father's would when he was upset about anything. The flames inside of this young woman arose and the maid in the room swore that she could see the smoke emitting from every opening of this woman's face. "No." Adelia had went to open her mouth but Penelope now stood looking from that witch of a woman to her sister, "I said no! You're just going to go along with it? This isn't what daddy wanted for us!" Turning on her heels she made a beeline to the stairs only to see her own mother standing in the doorway stopping her. "Mom, did you hear what she just said?"

The sorrowful and apologetic look on their mother's face had hit Nell right in the chest and before long, rather within another few weeks. She was to be wed to a steel mill factory owner, he was tall and lean just like her sisters soon to be but this man's stoic face and dark blue hues had made it hard for Nell to even look at him among other things. This man was several years older than her and the way he kept saying that Nell was his prize had irritated the woman but silence was beauty and it seemed that her mother was less stressed about knowing they'd be in good hands. So for her, she had bit her tongue.

The only good thing about being out on this night was her sister. Lately they had leaned on each other more than anything and it seemed both girls had the right idea of ignoring the men and their aunt. Both sisters had hooked their arms together while walking only for Nell to roll her eyes at hearing their aunt's voice. One thing was for sure, Nell didn't envy nor love the woman, rather hate her for making them do such things with these men that had no business being around neither one of them.

"I was going to say the same thing Edmund, I feel like work has taken me from you all." Jonathan stated which caused Penelope to give the biggest eye roll when the three weren't looking. The sooner they went to this stupid event, the sooner she could go home and think of a get away plan. As they entered them home Nell hung onto Emelia longer than need be but it was for two reasons, one was so Jonathan wouldn't pull her away and their other was because Nell wanted to be near her sister without anyone else near. Nell looked up to Emelia for she was so graceful and elegantly poised for a place like this, though neither of the two wanted to be here.

Now here entered another woman in this blissful illusion of a party and Nell swore she was not going to make it through the night as everyone around her chattered. Though her ears did tune in to the words soldiers while a grimace etched itself on her smooth face. How insensitive could this woman be to their situation? Not just her but their Auntie as well? Nell gripped her sisters arms a little tighter hoping that Emelia understood the growing frustration that was coming from her little sibling.

"Tell me while we agree to be apart of such a thing Emelia."

It was what happened next that Penelope though would never happen in a million years, at least not now that she was to be married off soon. They were taken to the soldiers and upon Adelia and this ghastly other blonde acting as if they were going to court these men, Nell's eyes landed on Carter first, oh, this one was her sisters type for the typical French men Emelia did not want, much like her fiancée. For he was bulky and had a gleam in his eye that screamed there was more about him that just this cunning smile. However, this one next to him, his commander, was a different story.

The man had taken Nell's hand while her face was glued to him, for he was a lot taller than Jonathan with more weight to him and those expressive eyes of Victor's had captivated the young woman. There was a fire inside of them that was dangerous and uncaring, that he craved for something more. Victor didn't seem like the type that was satisfied just yet and by the looks of it when their eyes locked he had found the one he was going to pester tonight. Which Nell didn't mind one single bit. Victor was handsome and that cunning smile made Nell smile halfway unable to find any words to greet the men.

"It's...an honor and pleasure to meet you both."

There was a slight blush on her face as the woman seemingly forgot that her fiancée was right next to her. The words were pushed out as if Nell herself had forgotten how to not only talk but breath. Who was this man?

Carter

"I don't even know how to feel right now." The Golden Boy of the American army downed his whiskey as if it was water. War was all around him it was apart of his life every waking day and it was every day that the man battled with not only the opposing side but with death herself. She was a beauty, a cold voice that always beckoned him to the other side of life with that enchanting song and dance of hers. While she snagged a few of his men in her trap Carter dared he would not become on of them and just hoped that their spirits would rest in the arms of their new love. His amber orbs watched the way his men seem to relax and drink the night away as if this small break was much needed. Which maybe it was, maybe it was just Carter being the one uptight.

His head turned to look at his partner in crime and war which he could only smirk at how aloof he seemed looking at the many guests that were now in the room. By this point in time several of his men were chasing the trains of women's dressed and some were even bold enough to try messing with a few that were already taken, though with a quick glance the attempts at such a thing had seemingly halted. They were guests in this fancy abode and he would be damned if his men thinking with their other place were going to get them kicked out. Carter unbuttoned his blazer while shoving one hand in his pocket and the other quickly grabbing another drink from a tray that was walking by. "Here I thought I looked uptight."

Nick was the one out of the group to nudge both men and chuckle himself a little gone for the night with his drinking. "No respect sir but we've never been in such a place with women of such natural beauty. Victor here doesn't know which part to think with." Both men chuckled which Nick seemed to sit up straighter when Victor had sliced him in half with such a look that he almost felt like saluting the man right then and there. It was when the other men joined the group that things started to get a little intense but did the General mind it? Not one bit, it was nice to hear them argue with one another and playfully banter rather than screaming over gunshots and explosions. This, was music to his ears.

It was what was to happen next that had snagged not only the General's attention but his heart as well. Two young women entered the room with a group behind them and seemingly commanded that the attention falls on them without so much as uttering a single word. Both were absolutely captivating but the beauty in the green had made them man's eyes zone in one her and nothing more. With each step this one had taken his heart seemed to beat in turn with it, the way her eyes scanned his group and landed on him had caused a sliver of energy to shoot up his spine and reside inside his chest until further development.

Who was she?

The woman who had been in their faces moments ago was talking but Carter was half listening. Respectfully the man bowed doing the same as Victor however, he sat up and seemingly took a step closer to the one in green to kiss her hand. It was soft and smooth and the woman smelled like flowers a scent he wanted to get lost in. His lips lingered for a bit while his eyes never wavered from locking with her own beautiful gems. "It seems so Commander, thank you for coming out tonight ladies."

At this point Jonathan had slinked an arm around his fiancée as well as Edmund which didn't seem to bother Carter at all. "We lit seems your men would rather have you to themselves for now, hopefully we'll be able to converse a bit more this evening." Carter finally let her hand go but not before kissing it one last time as their finances' dragged them off to talk with some of their own familiar faces. It was then the grin plastered on his face.

"We need to split them up."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back