This or that?

Weapon of Choice?

• Jade Short Daiklaive & Jade Buff Jacket

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jade Dire Lance & Jade Buff Jacket

• Jade Dire Lance & Shield

• Bare Frikkin Hands! & Armor. We like soak!

• Total voters
There nothing quite like the feel of cracking a mans neck with your bare hands, then add in some kick ass armor like the most terrifying armor of the air dragon, and you get flying uppercuts and lasers and such.

I've grown rather fond of Dire Lances for one simple reason - I find it much easier to come up with spear stunts than sword stunts.

YMMV, of course.

I went with the direlance. Cool weapon and all but canonically the weapon of choice for dragon blooded is the reaver daikliave... something I support, awesome weapon looks wise.

the short daiklave and buff jacket. you get those cool Matrix slow-motion coat flares, and then you can go all Troy on their asses with your short sword. Achilles, eat your heart out! :P

The Dire-Lance is a good ground weapon in normal combat, but also doubles as an excellent mounted weapon if you've got a tough enough horse to ride. It is also great for stunts, and a useful multi-tool (Vaulting, wedging, leveraging).

The Shield beats a buff jacket any day; it's nicer to be harder to hit, and even when hit you've taken away a damage dice that would otherwise have hurt you bad, so it's as good as it's difficulty modifier as armour anyway. And it has no mobility penalty.

Daiklaives are the workhorse weapon of the exalted, but they're far from the coolest.

I will readily admit, that's a valid possibility I hadn't considered.

Look out, Eccentricned. Your game just became more radical.

lowguppy said:
I'm not sure that "going all Troy" is really anything to be proud of.
why in hell not? Troy was an excelent movie for stunts. they were unrealistic and crazy, and that makes me happy. what exactly was wrong with it? no laser-guided rocket-propelled springloaded cyberpiranha, or what?

Samiel said:
The Dire-Lance is a good ground weapon in normal combat, but also doubles as an excellent mounted weapon if you've got a tough enough horse to ride. It is also great for stunts, and a useful multi-tool (Vaulting, wedging, leveraging).
Except Dragon-Blooded don't ride horses into combat.

Ahh, but what about artifact horses? They exist, read Caste Book Eclipse, or possible God Blood mounts who can take it? These are all possibilities.

Samiel said:
Except Dragon-Blooded don't ride horses into combat.
I think that's what Samiel meant by "tough enough horse" :P

Exactly. A horse familiar of sufficient power should be able to resist the auras of all but Fire Aspects...then what you need is a Fire Elemental-blood horse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back