• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Drafts

determinator

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
How reliable are they? The PM ones, specifically. I'm not sure where this information would be if there is anything explaining it, but I'd like to know how long a draft is saved, where it is saved, whether it saves if you close the tab and return say a few hours later, whether it translates to mobile as well, etc.

As I'm new here, I'm sure I could find these answers if I searched, but I would like to ask first to avoid having to go through that, because I am lazy as hell. lmao

Thanks in advance.

edit: Also, is there any solution to the spacing issues during copy-paste? When I do use something like Google Docs, the text goes through double-spaced. This doesn't happen with Wordpad. I'm not overly concerned by this but am curious if there's something to solve this, like removing the formatting?

Last edited by a moderator:
Drafts, saved in the text box, are not a site function. They are actually saved in the cookies in your computer. Ergo, they are terribly unreliable and I do not suggest using them because your computer does periodically clear cookies or you may clear them manually.

As for spacing, I've never had an issue with spacing and copy pasting, myself.

For double spacing, you need to do it manually. There isn't a formatting option like that for RpNation, so it won't copy over. The same can apply to formatted text that is either bold, underlined, or italicized, especially if you turned off the rich text editor.

@Mordecai I did read one of your posts about that elsewhere.

What do you use that prevents the spacing issues? I did notice it doesn't happen with Wordpad. Not sure yet if it happens with Open Office or the like. It might be related to the fact that Drive isn't connected to my hard files.

Bummer.

@Musician, thanks. I figure if I need the emphasis, I can use BBCode.

Thank you for the answers. lol

I use word. I haven't heard of anyone else having issues, so I don't have any suggestions at this time. I will try and replicate your issue in the meantime.

Alright, so I did some playing around myself, and here are a couple of things I found out. When copy and pasting from a Microsoft Word document your text will copy single spaced no matter what. When copy and pasting from a Google Drive document, your paragraphs will be double spaced if you are pasting into the rich text editor. when the rich text editor is turned off, your paragraphs will be single spaced.

Does that help you more?

Musician said:
Alright, so I did some playing around myself, and here are a couple of things I found out. When copy and pasting from a Microsoft Word document your text will copy single spaced no matter what. When copy and pasting from a Google Drive document, your paragraphs will be double spaced if you are pasting into the rich text editor. when the rich text editor is turned off, your paragraphs will be single spaced.
Does that help you more?
Oh yeah it does. Thank you. Should I be using the code if I want emphasis and rte is turned off, or does that translate as well?

Excuse me and my cluelessness lol.

I'm not entirely sure what you are referring to when you say emphasize, because, for me, the word can apply to many things! If you show me an example of what you are attempting to create, I might be able to answer your question more accurately. In general, when you are dealing with large amounts of BBCode, I would turn off the RTE.

Musician said:
I'm not entirely sure what you are referring to when you say emphasize, because, for me, the word can apply to many things! If you show me an example of what you are attempting to create, I might be able to answer your question more accurately. In general, when you are dealing with large amounts of BBCode, I would turn off the RTE.
Okay, I figure that's what I'd have to do. By emphasis I mean italics, bold, underline, etc.

With things like bold, italics, underline, and color, those will not transfer from a Google Docs to RpNation. They will, however, transfer from a post to a Google Doc. ( :) )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back