• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Western Conflict

redfang54

The Western Conflict is a super-hero RP heavily moderated and GM'd by myself. I will act as the 'dungeon-master' of this thread, controlling many characters and story-aspects. This is contradictory to the 'free-form' style most threads here have exhibited so expect me to be heavily involved in defining and solving issues. What I say is final, but coming to a decision won't happen right away so feel free to PM me about any issues your having or ideas on certain scenarios. Even without issues present, I am entirely open to ideas and suggestions as long as they're expressed to me via PM.

Any NPC's/characters I control are considered to be just as 'valuable' as your own. This means that NPC's can kill (Which I will avoid), and if I say they avoided something or it didn't affect them its for good reason. Now this doesn't mean I'm simply god-modding everyone whom I deem important, it just means that you can't go around doing whatever you want. There can be serious repercussions for anything that happens, and the extent of your characters intelligence/ability will be tested whenever faced with a new enemy since you will have no prior knowledge of them unless its given. Be ready for possible challenges since they could honestly appear around any corner and be the end of your character entirely. Deaths won't be frequent but they will most likely occur, and sometimes without a satisfying ending, just bad luck.

SETTING

Super-heroes aren't uncommon in this world, one or two metas existing for every hundred regulars. There have always been super-powered individuals, rather then such occurrences being another step in human evolution they exist all throughout history. Strangely enough this world exhibits near-mirrored property's to our own, rather then its conflicts and technology being entirely different. Every major event, war, turning point, treaty, and invention came to be in nearly the same fashion, only difference being the means in which things were achieved. Powerful metas did combat rather then certain weapons of mass destruction being used (Hiroshima is the probably one of the most notable examples).

Everything followed its correct order. That is of course up until the Western Conflict occurred. Most would consider it to be something minimal in comparison to past aggression between America and other country's, but for no apparent reason it began to escalate out of control. One might say that its very existence was foreign and our world had no way of preparing, like an alien plague striking from within.

Everything started when North Korea attacked the U.S. via terrorist bombing. Now such events weren't entirely unexpected by some of the more paranoid pedestrians, but most everyone could agree that they occurred out of the blue without any forewarning as to why or what pushed such extreme action. Even with the Korean government denying all involvement American citizens demanded justice, after the press took zealous hold war was inevitable. With the west essentially pushing all-out war without proper investigation our conflicts name was given form.

Now overall, there were practically zero battles to be accounted for. What actually occurred was an arms race scrambling for the most powerful metas we could find along with constant threat of using the top 10 against each-other. ((NOTE: The top ten are the most powerful beings known to exist, most of them are 'owned' by the UN and other world powers. One of them defected from their native land is currently the worlds most wanted inhabitant.)) When tensions came to a head and two of them met over Florida, an intervention that no-one expected took place.

One radiant male calling himself 'Celestias' appeared just before those two human-nukes did combat . He ordered them both to leave and said "The Earth and all of its inhabitants should cease such petty disputes. Return to your ways and intervention on this scale won't be needed again." then he pointed towards the ground; one massive orb of light appeared which enveloped nearly all of Florida, when the light faded everything within it had been wrought to waste. Tsunami's consumed whatever land had been left behind within the hour. That strange being disappeared immediately after displaying his monstrous ability, no traces were left and no survivors were found.

After such an unexpected intervention caused destruction on such an unimaginable scale the world came to an uneasy 'truce' that is predicted to last only several months. Everyone agreed there was something of more danger to Earth then themselves on that day. America will forever remember 1-1-14 as the day it lost an entire state to a currently unknown threat.

IMPORTANT THINGS TO BE NOTED

-VERY FEW people actually know of the top tens existence, but everyone understands that most world powers hold great weapons at their disposal.

-No one has found a way to activate the meta-gene to date. Though everyone has tried, nothing has been successful.

-THE ONLY WAY to have powers in this world is through meta-abilities, no magic or anything of the like. Feel free to be creative, I'm probably cool with it as long as its not entirely impossible . I'm not gonna be really stingy since this is such a huge limitation.

-Don't go overboard in creating your character, but I do understand that some characters simply have greater ability then others. This will be judged on an individual basis, so don't feel pressured to make an OP character out of compensation.

-The world is state in a state of great tension, meaning that everyone's in an arm race whilst sitting over that big red button which could be the end of everything as we know it (Nuclear war scenario.).

-Feel free to make your characters wherever you want them, but I would prefer everyone starts in sorta the same place/situation as to make my job just a little bit easier. I'm not forcing you to do this however, its only a recommendation.

-The meta gene is considered to be mostly random, meaning that virtually any newborn has the possibility of having special powers. Having super-powered individuals in your heritage increases chances of the meta gene but in no way guarantees it. There are very few bloodlines globally that practically give you power upon birth.

-There are anti-meta soldier groups. They usually combat their prey by disabling them rather then full-on fight each-other. Sometimes they use meta-specific weapons, but when you aren't fighting generic ability's such as fire or ice there aren't many things to be done but catch them by surprise with tranquilizer.

-Tension between regulars and metas depends entirely on location, most impoverished environments are persecuted by meta's or anti-meta groups. Some places are more then happy to co-exist whilst others worship metas as gods (The gods part is in third world country's, most first-world nations are too educated to believe that these gifted individuals are here to rule over man).

NOTABLE CHANGES TO HISTORY (Definite wip section)

-Approximately 3-5% of the population at one point had the meta gene. This was altered by Hitler during his prosecution of anyone whom wasn't of his 'master race'. He was the first one to produce large quantity's of soldiers which specifically combat metas. The percentage nowadays is estimated to be 1-2%.

BASIC CHARACTER TEMPLATE (This is just for people who are too lazy to type this stuff out themselves, feel to add any details that you wish or I might have missed.)

Name:

Height:

Weight:

Build:

Complexion:

Eye Color:

Hair Color:

Basic Description & Backstory:

Picture of your character (optional):

Ability(s) & Skill(s) (if any):

When describing your ability I need to know EVERYTHING about it, don't withhold any details. We can worry about all of the little stuff once its out there, but first you have to put every idea in your character sheet or I will inevitably see flaws in it and shoot you down until the issue can be resolved.

((MUCH OF THIS IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE. Over the next few days I will make some edits so be on the lookout, but feel free to make your characters.))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back