• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom The Tales of New Gotham (DC comics rp)

Mercury walked toward the couch and sat down, looking at Michael, then Huntress, "Are you two just the welcoming committee, or is the rest of the family not coming?" He put his left leg ontop of his right and smiled. He wasn't uncomfortable, he figured his laid back attitude was the only defense he had against all of them ganging up on him. "Where is Dick and Barb, what I have to say, needs to be said in front of them, as well as you two."

"Batman and Batgirl won't be joining us. They have other matters to attend to at the moment. They don't need to be here for this. I have as much authority here as they do," Huntress said to Mercury running her fingers through her long jet black hair.

"Also this place is rigged with millions of hidden cameras. They can watch the footage later if they don't think we're relaying the messages properly," Michael said pulling his knees to his chest,"Now spill. What the hell does the league want?"

Batman followed Jay and took notice of what had happen, Everyone was asleep. "I thought we had some muscle to deal with..."Batman covered his face with his gas mask from his utility belt."Jay! Mask your self, There must be some type of gas in the air." He told her as he looked around. Dozen of people asleep, There cars left on as they laid back in there seats.

Jay shook her head. " No,batman. It wasn't gas." There was a yellow powder on the rearview mirrors of one of the cars. She rubbed a little on her gloved hand, then licked it. Immediately she felt slightly more relaxed. "Pollen." She said, slightly dizzy. She looked at Dick. "Poison Ivy?"

"Oh, I'm flattered." A musical voice chirped from behind them. "But no. Not Poison Ivy."

Jay jumped and turned around, naturally in defense mode. A blonde, well-armored girl in her twenties stood behind the two crime fighters .

"Who the hell are you?"

"Why, Jay, don't you remember me?" The blonde giggled. "Oh, no, I guess not, seeing as how last time we met you were asleep for eight days on a heavy dose of my pollen." She giggled again. It was a sound of pure, mad joy. "Maybe longer this time." She pulled out the pod and tossed it back and forth, from hand to hand. "Hello Batman." Lotus grinned wider. "Nice to finally meet you in person. " she took a bow. "My name, dear friends, is Lotus, master of the dreamworld, and Gotham's. greatest villain under thirty."

Jay looked at Batman and raised an eyebrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Batman kept his masked equipped, If his mask can take gas it's only natural it can filter pollen. "Why did you like it?!" Batman yelled confused. She knew not to do that. "Ivy...hmm, She has been MIA for sometimes now. Heard there was a copy cat that popped up a 5 years back in star city. Wasn't her unless she had a sex change."

Batman then heard the sound of a overly zealous and cheerful voice. He turn around to see a woman in her early to mid twenties jump down. She had been standing behind them, Must have jump down from a roof. Jay went into questioning. It seems this loon knew Jay, From what he gathered from there talk that Jay was beat by her. Jay seems to not remember so it shows that the pollen is not only causing sleep but slight memory loss. Also with the long time she was out it is strong. This woman has shown to see this as a game, Reminds him as the Jokers attitude most of the time before he gets piss. She seems to be a bubbly air head, She even bowed to him to show the amount of fun she plans to have with them.

Batman looked at Lotus and then at Jay. "Listen Jay, I got things to do so I got know time to deal with any one from your rouge's gallery and especially a low budget Ivy, I under stand if you can't be a gorgeous as she is but at less dye the hair red poser." He told her as he turn his back and walked away. He looked at Jay with a stoic face becoming a smile and gave Jay a wink. He quickly reached for a batarang a grabbed it. He turn around lighting fast and threw it at Lotus hand to make her drop the pellet she had in her hands.

"It's simple, the league wants to eyes and ears, me, here in Gotham, and we'd like the Batman to help us. Obviously this is a help us help you situation, you'd gain access to what you need from the League, and I'll act as your Liason. But the league won't ask you to save the world. We understand, when Gotham and Bruce needed us, we weren't there. But we've noticed a sharp increase of crime, and we just wanna make sure no one as bad as the Joker emerges."

Michael scoffed and glared at Mercury,"We've got it under control...Gotham has always been the crime capital of the world." The new Robin's voice started to raise to a shout,"Just because some contractors rebuilt it doesn't mean we can't-!" He was cut off by a quick slap to the thigh by Helena. She glared at Michael and nudged her head upwards, silently telling him to leave. Michael obediently stood and he left the lounge area and glared defiantly at both the adults as he did. When he was gone Huntress started spoke again,"What happened ten years ago was awful! You weren't there so don't talk so nonchalantly about it!" Huntress stood up her voice raising full of angry passion,"My best friend died that night...so did my mentor! Don't you dare talk about it like it was just some boring event a history book!" Her voice went cold and soft,"We could have used the league's help. Bruce...Oracle...we contacted you and you left us alone to figure it out. All Of you up there in your mighty watchtower in space are a bunch of conceded pigs. Gotham does what Gotham does and we don't need your fucking help." Huntress pulled a Gotham Knight's calling card from her belt and threw it at Mercury. "Barbara told me to give you that. She's starting a new team...I told her I didn't want any league scum in our new group...but she hacked into the league's hero database and read your goddamn file. Apparently it's pretty long." Huntress walked out of the lounge and looked back,"It's time for you to go Mercury...I hope you got your answers even if they weren't the ones you wanted."

He stood, "I met Bruce when I was a young boy. He was an amazing man, and when that bomb went off the world lost an amazing man, who changed it for the better both in the public eye, and in the darkness of night. I can't imagine what you, or any of the others felt, but there is a reason I asked to help Gotham, when no others wanted to touch it." He took the card, "good night Helena." He smiled and started to leave.

As the pellet fell, the pod split open to reveal a beautiful white flower. "Clumsy me." Lotus grinned. She was unfazed by the "Poser" Comment. "While yes it's true that I Mimic Miss Isley, I have a power she does not." As she spoke, the pod landed on the floor and a minuscule burst of yellow dust puffed out, rising in the air. "The power of dreamer's Lotus." Jay quickly took out her breather and put it in her mouth. The pollen swiveled and spiraled Up to the eyes of the two heroes, Making Jay's eyes blur, as if her eyes were tired. She was awake at least. Disoriented slightly, but awake. She could still kick butt while she was tired, but she couldn't afford to make any mistakes. She grinned through the breather. "Nice try, Lotus." She said. Lotus grinned right back. "Oh, I'm not done with you yet, Heroes." She pulled out a small syringe, filled with a clear liquid. She lunged forward, and before Jay could move, it sank into her arm, right between the plates of her armor. The world started to spin, and she began to lose focus as a synthetic, sticky calm swept over her. She collapsed, realizing that her struggles were pointless. Why fight the sleep? She sighed and let it wash over her.

As soon as Jay collapsed Lotus laughed like a maniac. "Oh, I love my job." She giggled, her eyes glinting with pure mad joy. Her flower pod began to grow vines, snaking out and wrapping around batman's ankle. The thorns pierced the costume, sinking into the Caped Crusader's skin and injecting their poison into his flesh. Lotus began to giggle uncontrollably. 
@Kyd Jhesus

The toxic entered Batman veins and started to effect him instantly. The plant grew madly fast as it grabbed his legs and injected the toxic into his blood stream. His armor plates can protect all of his legs. He fell to the dirt floor and looked up at Lotus. His eyes were blurry. "Where..Did you...get this plant?" He asked as he tried to remain consciousness. Batman knew he could last up to more then 2 or 3 minutes so he did the smart thing and taped his com link. "Batgirl!...Er..Back up...Sleep..." He said as his head dropped to the ground and he battled the weight on his body.

Banes truck rolled down the dark Gotham streets, He looked at how much the place had changed. It was finally completed but still work needed to be done. Bane remembered the day Joker unleashed that dirty bomb on Gotham city. He was raiding a the penthouse of a local drug lord in Mexico. He had been terrorizing this coward for about 3 days now. This coward had burned down a orphanage for not paying the protection charge. When Bane heard of it he had promised to the survivors that man we be dead by next Sunday. Now Bane was making due on his statement as he broke into the door and saw the Drug lord holding a pistol. He fired at Bane but he reacted by pumping more venom into his self. He took on the bullets like a monster and rush the Drug Lord. Bane's hand wrapped around the mans neck and snapped it with his powerful grip. This is when he saw the Tv was on. A reporter was on Tv speaking english, They were talking of Gotham. He saw a helicopter catching the riot in Gotham and as Bane let go of the dead man, The bomb Joker had went off.

Bane was now back and he had on his mind was Batman, His greatest foe. Now someone else was running around as him, He knew who it was. Nightwing, The body language, Style and voice. He was Batman now but not. When he fought this new Bat, He lose but now he came back to finish this, To either Die a warriors death or crush Batman before his sickness takes him.

His truck pulled into a warehouse and Bane stepped out of the Truck. He was before him the place was set up with weapon, Tech and other things. He smiled, He was going to bring the Batman down or die trying. He had heard of there being a new Joker in town. The idea of some one wanting to become that man sicken him. Bane knew the person who trying to be this legend had painted a target on his back.

Barbara heard Lotus speak into her husband's com link daring her to follow and save the day. She was a good fighter, a great fighter even. She had been the closest to Bruce's level (though she'd never admit she was better than her husband). Barbara climbed down off the roof she was staring at and got on her motorcycle. The engine roared to life as she sped up to catch the truck.

(we still doing this?) 
Lotus grinned as the sound of the motorcycle (@Gilmoregirl12 )would get here soon. The respect she would earn, the praise, from capturing three heroes single-handedly.

Lotus Grinned as she heard the motorcycle coming. "Looks like that's my cue to leave." She Threw batman, Still tied and unconscious, Onto the street, Got in the stolen truck, and drove to her secluded hideout in the lower east side of New Gotham. It was EXTREMELY hard to find, not even the Batcomputer knew where this was. Only she did. She planned to keep Jay here as a ransom for later, when she knew that the time was right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back