• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Colosseum The Stars Do Not Wait For You...

Zeev

I'm very pretentious
Disclaimer

For all of those interested in this thread, I must inform you this post isn't quite a battle as you might think your character not win or survive this fight, none of them will, this is a test of sorts, to see how people write their characters in the face of Absence. How they react to an unstoppable and inscrutable force of nature, and cope with the likely hood of their own death and of the death of reality itself, if you are displeased with this concept please avoid this thread.

This is based off the SCP story which is the same title as this thread, do check it out if you want an idea of what your up against, though my version does not have the SCP foundation related, the Absence is simply on Earth and walking.

00___the_fool___the_absence_by_sunnyclockwork_d9c0kkk-fullview.jpg

the start of the end

It was the start of something that could not be stopped, it had come to Earth and landed only a few miles off the cost of Spain, satellite didn't even detect it as it feel to Earth, it gave no energy or heat or sound. For days its churned the Ocean a sunder as the water level near the are lowered by a dramatic degree only a week later did it simply walk out of the Ocean casually, the entire beach and everything on it alive or not wiped from existence or reduced to dust.

Police were sent to respond but didn't even report their arrival to the seen... Soon the military was involved, and then carpet bombing of the entire area followed. If truly alive or corporal it would have been vaporized, yet the lone humanoid figure stood, featureless, formless, undying, an idiot force devoid of will, unstoppable, inscrutable.

where you come in?

Earth has issued its bounty, the military forces of NATO have suggested now hiring, anyone or anything capable of possibly stop it, though they are unaware it is unstoppable, regardless they send a call, to those who wield magic or powers, from beyond our universe, and from the depths of space, The Absence will eventually destroy everything if not stopped... if it can be stopped.

Last edited:
The Absence slowly walked by the woodland areas of Spain, the trees simply being reduced to a fine powder as it strode by without care or thought, or pattern to what it did, light near the surface of its mass simply vanaished giving the illusion or perhaps reality of a void being. the light of other stars and the Moon as the only constant sources out here.

The military had ceased chase of it, but other things could arise, it had seen many worlds, many "foes" though it didn't take note of them, not even their existence or that it had been attacked ever, it swatted the military away like they were less than insects and it wasn't even aware it was being fought.

.AbsenceOfDetail.png

(Ah screw it! Let's try the King of Heroes against this!)

Gilgamesh would arrive at the large crater in his golden jet the Vimana. He looked down at the unknown creature with a look of disgust. "A creature that can survive a bomb raid? This is preposterous! I will show these mongrels how to properly destroy....... Whatever this thing is!" He opened his Gate of Babylon, many golden portals opened around the Vimana, as they shot their blades like projectiles at the creature, aiming to skewer it.

The Absence did not even notice this air born enemy above, it was not aware enough to notice its presence. it simply walked as everything around it dissolved and died, the fury of blades lunched at it simply were reduced to a fine dust as they made contact with it, swirling in the wind from the after math of such an attack.

Gilgamesh's expression became one of anger. "You dare destroy many of my precious weapons in my collection?!" He shouts angrily. "Let's see you destroy this then!" Another portal opened as Gilgamesh pulled out a sword with a gold hilt and black blade with red grid markings. "Awaken EA!" The sword's blade spun around as it sent out multiple red energy whips to strike the creature, aiming to slice it into bloody chunks.

The Absence kept its steady walk forward paying no mind to the barrage of destruction sent its way, as dust and debris were thrown about and the Ground and rock around ripped up and tossed about with great strength and power, the strains of red death swirling about its form, striking from time to time as it nibbled away at the whips of death as they made contact with it for even the briefest of moments.

nothing even damaged it, let alone phased it. it simply stopped for a moment, reaching out and grabbing one of the whips as though it was a balloon in the hand of a child, and it simply did not exist anymore as it was wiped clean without a trace, leaving just an empty portal where the attack had started.

Gilgamesh was shocked, but it changed to anger. "Perhaps it has high Magic resistance. In that case....." Gilgamesh pulled out a red Lance from another portal, and it became enveloped in a red light. He then jumped from the Vimana towards the creature, Spear point out as he yelled, "GAE BOLG!!!!!!!" and the spear pierced through cause, effect, reality, life, and death, into the creature's vital spot, potentially killing it due to the spear being near unavoidable.

The Absence stared down the spear as it came towards him, it stood firm and kept walking even as a spear that could tear reality a sunder came down upon, but the Absence showed how little it cared for reality, the spear was met with true nothing as it ceased to be within the wielders hands, not destroyed or gone, but ceased to be, to have ever been.

the Absence kept its slow march towards Gilgamesh , it did't motion or display provideo, taught or even take note, as though nothing had happened, and Gilgamesh was met with a force that didn't even acknowledge his existence, his attacks, his motives or his passion and anger, it all meant nothing to it.

"Impossib-Aaaaaaaaaaaaarggggggggh" That was the last Gilgamesh could say as his attack failed, and he was destroyed by the nothing.

"Mykha, hun, you know I love you right?" Malone's voice was ragged and scared, staring down at the petite woman resting her head on his lap, soft hazel irises staring back up at the man.

"Of course Malone, how could I ever forget?" Malone shook his head, baffled at how perfect the girl he had chosen to be his partner truly was.

"You don't hate me for getting us into this impossible situation, cause ya' know. . . we're probably not gettin' out of this one alive doll." Of course she knew, she knew all too well how inevitable death was for the two young lovers, but it couldn't be avoided, it was either now or tomorrow or the next day, at least this way they were deciding how they went out. Helicopter blades roared above, and the metal body of the vehicle was shaken by a fierce wind, Malone was nervous, his hands shaking with fear. The two sat in silence for damn near an hour, before a harsh static crackle was heard through the speakers.

"We've arrived you two, I'm opening the doors now, but we don't have long, whatever the fuck that thing is, it's on war path. Good luck to ya', but hurry up and get the hell out of my chopper. I got family at home." The pilot clicked off the microphone and pressed a glowing orange button on his dash. The side doors of the chopper slid open to reveal the humanoid mass shuffling through the forest, trees turning to nothing around him. Malone gulped, a cold sweat encompassing his body.

"I'm rolling doll, but no noise this time, I want us to have as much a chance as we can." Mykha began to glow a dull pinkish hue, her body slowly fading into nothing but a pulsating ball of light. Several seconds passed, and suddenly the ball of light floated slowly towards Malone, encircling his body, meshing with it, becoming one with him. When the light faded Malone was left standing by himself, the girl of his dreams gone, but her presence was not. It was his most powerful set, the armor of the Emperor, Alexander the Great. The Greek armor glowed with a proud bronze sheen, and Malone stood tall, the Greek Kopis held tightly in his right hand, and the shield of the Hoplite held firmly in his left. He was ready for war, but would this being before him even care?

Mykha's voice echoed in Malone's head, comforting the man she had grown to love over the years, filling him with a dreadful calm. "Malone honey, I love you more than anything in the world, more than the moon and the stars above. You're my everything baby. Let's go out in a fucking blaze." Her voice had risen by the end of the sentence, and Malone knew she was just masking her fear. A soft sigh escaped the mans rough and chapped lips, and then the gentle frown upon his face was replaced by a sharp and sly grin.

"Aight Mykha, let's fuck this pansy ass bitch up!" Malone bellowed a vicious war cry as he leaped forth from inside the helicopter, plummeting down towards his newest foe. If death was inevitable, they might as well be remembered when the go out. Letting the shield fall from his hand Malone grasped the Kopis firmly in two hands, lifting it above his head in a down ward swing towards the humanoid being, which he was drawing dangerously close to. A stupid and idiotic grin upon his face, Malone roared at the creature.

"FUCK YOU, YOU DIRTY PANSY ASS B-" His words were cut short, not by choice, but by the ceasing of his existence entirely. The two were gone, remembered by no one, remembered by nothing. There were no witnesses to their final moments, the helicopter hadn't even stayed long enough to see them go. The brave pair had vanished, and no one would remember their names.

(Fuck. I’m stupid as all hell, I’ll delete it and rewrite it, my bad.)

nah it all good, its probably how that would turn out anyway, if your looking for a fight the whole free for all thing is probably a better place to look, as this is more a niche writing thing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back