• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Shadowed Voyagers

Kiersten

daissy doop

This thread takes place in a world that contains every fantasy species ever created.

Plot: In this world, everyone is at war. It started out between the Werewolves and the Centaurs, but over the course of 10 years, nearly every species has become involved in the conflict. The main idea is that these characters are running, and trying to survive in the world that is crumbling down right beneath their feet. As more and more species become involved, monuments fall and as do their leaders. The world is left in complete chaos with no leaders, no one to look up to. These characters find themselves running to the edges of everything they've ever known to escape the war but one things for sure. They will do anything to get out of this alive.​

Last edited by a moderator:

*BOOM* ... a few minutes passed. *BOOM* ... seconds of silence passed. Screams could be heard in the distance as more explosions shook the ground.

Currently sleeping outside of the gates on the dew covered grass, fire balls fell from the sky and shook the ground as they hit the town, waking Basil. It was around 4 in the morning, and the sun was still below the horizon. Only just enough of the moon peaked out from behind the clouds to make the world around them somewhat visible.

Basil woke with a start. She jolted upwards with her teeth bared, growling.

*BOOM*

The explosions were getting closer and the smell of smoke and blood had already reached her nostrils. "Wake up," She whispered to Rae and Mu. They didn't stir. "Wake UP!" Basil said louder, kicking them both roughly in the side. "We need to go. They're coming for us."

Mu came out of the dark shadows and kicked her in the back of the knee, which forced Basil to her knees as he pulled out both of his swords and crossed them over her neck.

"First off, I don't sleep, so why would I be laying down?" He growled with his very deep, rough voice while sheathing his katanas, "Second off, never kick me."

"Ow!" Basil cried out in pain. "Get off me! The battle is coming this way and this is not the time for games!" Just as these words left her lips, there was a screech from above. Mim plummeted from the sky and landed protectingly over Basil. He opened his mouth and roared loudly, sending hot breath and spit to wash over Mu.

Rae stumbled quickly to her hooves, looking back and forth quickly as to see what danger was around them. The sound of loud booms filled her ears, and instinctively reached over to the small oak table beside her for the lucky bow she brought wherever she could with her. One it was in her hands, she loaded an arrow, but still pointed it at the ground. She didn't want to hurt her friends, of course.

"What's going on?" Rae said, trying to throw her voice so Basil could hear her over the sound of the explosions. Then, everything happened all at once. More explosions went off, and then Mim swooped down to the earth to protect Basil. When Mim roared into Mu's face, Rae covered her ears to shield herself from the loud noises. "Will someone please inform me as to what's going on?" She yelled.

"Mu here just decided to put his blades of death on my neck thats all!" Basil shouted sarcastically over the explosions. "We have to move! Now!" She continued to yell, stroking Mims neck to comfort him.

"They're called Shade Blades," Mu retorted sarcastically. He shifted through the shadows effortlessly as he left their camp, avoiding the explosives and debris.

"Does it sound like I care what they're called?" Basil snapped as she swung her right foot over Mims back. "Im going to scout ahead and see if there's anything worth checking out... or avoiding," Basil shouted to the two. "Be careful... and watch your backs for you know... Falling stuff." With that, Basil kicked Mims sides urging him upward. Mim effortlessly unfolded his wings and with one jump, they were airborne, leaving Mu and Rae in a cloud of kicked up dirt.

Rae growled, slightly irritated as she was left behind by Mu and Basil. She stampeded outside the door, kicking up dust which was picked up by the wind, swirling around in the moonlight. Her swift legs pounded against the dewey grass, her heart pumping quickly. Rae watched Mu dart through the shadows and Mim soared through the dark night. She followed their lead and followed them, slightly behind their swifter forms of transportation.

Shadows swirled around as Mu hopped from place to place, mastering the art of stealth at a young age was helpful. "Where are those explosions coming from...?"

As Mim soared over the landscape, Basil realized that the village that they had taken refuge in over night had now been completely enveloped in flames. Basil watched as the Centaurs revenged the town; breaking down doors, setting things on fire, taking innocent people hostage... The scene was horrible. Anyone who chose to fight back was immediately killed. The sky quickly turned a dark grey as it filled with smoke from the fires below. "Oh my god this is awful," Basil whispered to Mim.

By now, the entire village had been closed off and all of the villagers were being rounded up to be put into wagons, each of them in chains and ropes. They were being taken to the castle for questioning. This had been going on for months, as the Centaur Prince has gone missing. She was relieved to see that Rae and Mu had safely escaped the wall of the town, and were now just beyond the tree line. Last night, Basil had suggested they stick close to the edges of the town just incase they had to make a quick escape, and lucky she did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back