Story The River Of Stars Novel (Work in Progress)

Moonshadow

Roaming The Universe and Stars
"What's that?"
"The River of Darkness."
She watched as he bent over the side of the boat and started to swirl the water. "But, it's glowing..."
When he pulled up his cupped hand, he saw the water had sprinkles of light. "It's a shame it's called that. It has stars just waiting to be seen."

Okay, that isn't actually written into my story, I just liked it too much not to start the thread with it.

Hello! My name is Moonshadow and I humbly welcome you to my novel! As you may have noticed, this place is still under construction. Characters are still practicing their lines, the sets are being painted, and no one has had their morning coffee. But fear not brave reader, I'll be perfect once it's finished... Maybe.

Oh but where are my manners! You hardly know what I'm setting up here. You just were passing by and I kidnapped—I mean, guided you inside. There's a few seats over there, nice and cozy. Please mind all those papers, they're record of all my good writing. Huh? There's nothing on them? Oh, don't worry your little head then. Sit my friend.

Hopefully, I've peeked your intrest to invest your time in me by now. I have an idea, I've barely scratched the surface about. It's based on an Egytian Myth called The Journey Of Ra. However, it's not an adaptation of it.

The River Of Stars has our 6 protagonists who have recently kicked the bucket in various manners and have been brought to Anubis as does many other souls. It turns out these 6 dead souls have been chosen to guide the Sun God Ra through the underworld. When the sun rests for the night, it travels through the underworld and hopefully makes it through the 12 Kingdoms of the Night. Then it is able to safely travel through the 12 Kingdoms of the Day. If these 6 souls are able to successfully guide Ra through all 12 kingdoms they are all able to get another chance at life. Although, there are three conditions. First, if they don't regain the memories of how they passed away, they won't have the abilities needed to protect Ra. Second, Ra is one of the 6 souls of the group. Because of it's presence in the underworld, Ra has lost its abilities and memories. Therefore, they will have to work together, betrayal will spell the end. Third, their foes are also given a second chance at life. If they successfully kill and rebirth Ra before it passess through all 12 kingdoms, they will be the one to reap the benefits.

So the story is centered around our 6 protagonists as they ride on the River of Darkness through the 12 kingdoms. I'm so excited about this idea because of the character dynamics, backstories, action, and adventure I have planned for it. I've never dabbled in retellings of Gods like this before, but I like a battle of magical proportions.

Hopefully I didn't bore you, here's some coffee if I need to keep you awake. But, if you are willing to help me, please be free to post your suggestions, questions, or concerns without hesitation. If you're curious as to what I plan on posting here, it's going to a variety of things to keep me encouraged to write more. So, playlists, character sheets, chapters (I feel like that's a granted), scenes, art if I feel like making some, and anything The River of Stars related.

Thank you so much for hearing me out! I'll release you from those handcuffs as well. Now it's your choice if you want to see this novel come into fruition or not. But thanks for hearing me out this far. Hopefully this will actually be a serious novel if I have people to share it with.
image.jpeg

Okay, for the first order of business I'm working on characters. Here's two of them and I may post more if I have time. I should be studying for some big tests, but I decided to finish these fabulous characters instead.

image.jpeg
Name: Michael Handera
Age at death: 19
Sexuality: Hetersexual
Relationships: TBD
What you need to know:
He’s the perceived ‘cool guy’ of the group. He's calm, collected, and is secretly a superfan of Egyptian culture. He's the one to inform the group of different creatures they encounter and is also the voice of reason. However, inside he's constantly anxious, nervous, only putting a façade as a coping mechanic for his anxiety.
Abilities:
He's able to break down walls, paths, barriers easily with the swing of his axe. When he's charging up energy he has an aura of Blue.

image.jpeg
Name: Amelia (I can't think of a last name)
Age at death: 16
Sexuality: Bisexual
Relationships: Loves, Yazimr
Best friends with, Anna.
What you need to know:
Amelia is the ‘eccentric’ one of the group. She loves anything that seems unusual and tries to load it into the boat they travel on several times. She likes doing crazy things and to make jokes to lighten the mood. However, she is embarrassed to sing in front of anyone. She can't really pinpoint why, but she knows she hates when anyone hears her sing.
Abilities:
Can communicate with mythical creatures. She could control them as well, but she has found it has a negative effect on her subconscious. When charging up energy, her aura is Pink.

Here's some more characters. I have some nice twists I thought of and I'm trying to write the opening. Wish me luck!

image.jpeg
Name: Anna Mullock
Age at death: 20
Sexuality: TBD
Relationships: Hates everyone
What do you need to know:
She's the ‘fireball’ of the group. Taking things into her own hands and acting independently from everyone else, she would rather be anywhere but guiding Ra. She feels like there shouldn't be any competition to be rewarded life. If it was their time, they shouldn't fight for it again. She doesn't trust anyone and would like to be left alone. However, she is always there to help someone if they need it.
Abilities:
She has the ability to create hellfire. This can aid in scaring away creatures that feed off the dark as well as light any path and fight any creature. When charging her ability, her aura is purple.

image.jpeg
Name: Angelica Gomez
Age at death: 20
Sexuality: Heterosexual
Relationships: Is hated by Galileo, Friends with Michael
What you need to know:
She is the ‘sensitive’ one of the group. However, her and Galileo tie for who is the strongest. She's able to fight and use any weapon with ease. However, she only looks to disarm. She has only killed one demon and has nightmares over it constantly. She would rather not end anyone's life without needing to. She's quiet and stand offish (not to the point of Anna), but won't let someone go until they heard what her thoughts are.
Abilities:
TBD

More characters! The last of the bunch too. Sorry for taking a while, school decided to load me up. Next I'll work on the Blurb.

image.png
(Couldn't find a drawing)
Name: Galileo Longserd
Age at death: 19
Sexuality: Hetersexual
Relationships: Hates Angelica, is protective of Amelia, friends with Auburn
What you need to know:
Galileo is the ‘bodyguard’ of the group. He doesn't trust anyone who tries to befriend them in any kingdom and would like to keep anyone from danger. He's good at every athletic thing and would protect everyone except for Angelica. He was dreaming about being a soldier in the army.
Abilities:
Has abilities to summon weapons of his choice. However, every time he uses it he loses energy. When charging his energy his aura is yellow.

image.jpeg
Name: Dante Asher
Age of death: 18
Sexuality: Homosexual
Relationships: Tries to get along with everyone
What you need to know:
He's the ‘light’ of the group. Trying his best to provide to the group with remarks at the same time hugs. However, there's a part of him that would rather stay dead. He didn't enjoy his life before and he was fine living with the horrors and beauty of the 12 Kingdoms of the night.
Abilities:
His ability is to transform any object he touches into another thing. He can change rocks to gunpowder if he wanted. As well as wood to gold. When charging his ability his aura is white.

Okay, I've been working on the Blurb. I don't know how to make it better or if it's good enough. Also, I was hoping to make a cover soon. But I don't have time and photoshop. So either I'm going to work on setting or the first chapter next. Here ya go:

What if you had another chance at life?

They couldn't believe they had died so young. Without so much as a goodbye or hello. Yet, the biggest surprise, was another chance to correct the past.

The God of the Underworld, Anubis, has chosen these six souls to guide the Sun God Ra through the 12 Kingdoms of the Night in order to carry on the tradition of bringing the sunrise. If they succeed, all of them will be resurrected. However, a vast number of other souls will also have the chance of resurrection if they successful kill and rebirth Ra before the group reaches the end of all 12 kingdoms. A fierce competition ensues as the six souls are given two obstacles to overcome: which of them is the Sun God Ra and if they can remember their deaths in order to gain life saving abilities.

In this adventure of souls and magic, these six teens will figure out:
What their purpose was before,
What it means to take a life,
And if they are worthy enough to be granted another chance.

Well, here goes nothing. This is a possible beginning. Probably tommorow I'll post soundtracks. Here ya go:

The tangy taste of blood made him wake up quicker then any the distant wails. He wanted to reach up and wipe off any blood he may have, yet he felt something pinning his arm down. When he looked over, he saw a girl staring back at him.
He yelled before quickly wrenching his arm out from underneath her. She moved slightly, but didn't have enough strength similar to what Michael had obtained. She stared blankly at him. Seeming to be awake and asleep until her body convulsed. He expected a gasp of air to rush out of her, but instead someone else quickly rose before her. Another girl reached up and absently rubbed her mouth, perhaps she had tasted blood too.
Then, he saw other bodies that were lifeless before, starting to gain animation by either convolution or gasps. At first none of them acknowledged each other. All of them absorbed in their own minds and psyche. Michael was the same when he felt the blood starting to move throughout his body. He moved his fingers to create a fist and release before a voice rose up, “names.”
He paused while his fist was still clenched before seeing who spoke. It was the girl who had absently rubbed her mouth, she was staring at all of them wanting all of them to listen to her demands. She seemed to want to get straight to the point.
“Michael…” He decided to go first since everyone else was still distraught to even address the statement fully.
What followed was silence before another person spoke out, “Dante.” He was doing the gripping exercise that Michael had been doing. He couldn't see his eyes because of his shoulder length hair, but knew he was staring right at him.
“Amelia.” Another voice. This time it belonged to a girl whose eyes couldn't stop flicking around at everyone. It was like she wanted to digest everything around her, but she was making herself mad while doing it.
“Fay,” said the girl who had started this off. Followed by, “Anna” the girl who was lifeless besides him.
The last voice was somewhat distant as he struggled to stand up. “Galileo.” He leaned against the rocks behind him as his feet decided to aid him. However, he flinched away when he realized he was leaning against rocks. “Where are we?” He demanded.
A groan was emitted which caught us all by surprise. “That's such a stupid question. I hate it when people ask that.” Anna had added a few colorful words in reality, but Michael pretended not to hear. “If you don't know, we don't know.” She started to get up as well, and managed to stand perfectly well.
Michael decided to try to stand and saw he was able to do it easily as well. He looked behind him to the rocks before touching them. It was powdery and soft as he took away his hand. He shook off the access dust and saw it float to the floor. The rocks were red, oddly enough. However, what intrigued him more was the faint light coming from the mouth of the cave.
“Well, this could have been fun. You guys seem great and all,” Dante stated as he started to walk briskly to the mouth, “but I'm not a fan with being in a dark place with strangers.”
Michael decided to follow until Fay and Galileo bolted after him. “Hey, be careful we don't know what's out there!” Galileo yelled.
The rest of them, seemed to follow their suit as Dante neared the opening of the cave. “I think I'll be fi—” He was cut off by the absence of ground underneath him. Fay dived forward and grabbed him by his leg while he swung uselessly besides the cliff. Yeah, he walked off a cliff.
Michael and the others ran out to help, but he found himself stopping as soon as he was able to see everything.
He saw the red rocks glow as it created a boundless cave around them. He saw bird like creatures soaring up to the top which seemed sky high. When he glanced down, it looked like he was flying above a forest. Trees with glowing blue leaves and grass of dark purple hugged a river. The river twinkled as the dark water gently lapped forward to a large tunnel. The tunnel breathed a gentle fog into the area the same way the wind blew a morning breeze.
This place… It didn't seem real to him. When he felt an arm push him aside, he remembered someone had almost fallen to their deaths moments before. He stepped back as Fay and Galileo lifted him up and placed him on the somewhat narrow lip of the smaller cave. He placed a hand on his chest and sat there for a moment before he yelled, “Jesus Christ riding a motorcycle, I almost died.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back