Story The Pug's Short Stories

Spice

Last place is still a place
Hey everyone who decided to look at this thread! Here I'm going to post some short stories I've written in my free time or as schoolwork. So far I've only got a few, and the majority need to be fixed so that they are actually good. There's also a good chance I'll forget about this, but who knows? Only time will tell.

The Painting​

Green grass sways in the wind. Birds chirp as children laugh and play...

"Hey, Timothy?"

Dropping his paintbrush, Timothy turned to see his friend, Max, standing behind him. "Hey," He picked up his paintbrush and continued to paint.

"Don't ignore me. There's really no point because I'm not leaving." Max looked over Timothy's shoulder at the painting. "Hmm... How about we play a game. It's more of a Q and A, though."

"Then it's not a game, silly. I'll still play, but I just want to answer."

"Alright!" Max clapped his hands together, clearly pleased. "So, favorite school subject?" Although they were the same age, Max towered over Timothy.

"Math, and you?" He didn't look up.

"History, and I thought you weren't going to ask questions," he said in a playful mocking tone. "Now, what is your dream?" There was no hesitation with Timothy then.

"To travel." Max laughed.

"I knew it. For me, anything is fine as I'm with you. We're in this together you know."

"Yeah."

"Next Question! What did you have for lunch?" Timothy turned around, one eyebrow raised.

"We haven't had lunch yet." Max grinned, causing Timothy to smile.

"Trick question," he said in between lighthearted laughs. "So, what do you want to be when you grow up?" No answer. Max, having been observing the painting again, looked back at Timothy to see him fidgeting with a small device, his paintbrush lying forgotten on the ground. "Batteries dead?" Timothy could only nod as he opened the phone-like device and scattered the AA batteries on the ground before replacing them with new ones from his pocket. Powering the device, he began rapidly typing before the box replied in a low robotic voice.

"It's all set now." He looked again at Max before typing. "Is that a new eyepatch you've gotten? It looks better. Is it more comfortable, too?" As he listened to the monotone voice of Timothy's device, Max subconsciously touched his covered left eye.

"Yeah, I just got it this morning and it's definitely an improvement of the last one. Also, it does a much better job at staying on and not exposing my- well, you know." Timothy nodded once more and picked up his paintbrush so he could continue his painting. Max watched silently for a little before speaking up again. "You know, they're not going like that you're painting in the walls again." Timothy shrugged. "Well, where'd you find the paint this time?"

"They were already here."

"Liar." He sighed and looked at the painting. It was large field surrounded by trees and a playground to the side. Birds sat in the trees and small children with large smiles played on the slides. "It's pretty nice, although it is missing something." Timothy handed him the paintbrush with a smile and a nod.

"Go for it." Max got to work immediately.

First, there was a cream colored boy with dark brown hair and eyes running and smiling at an invisible figure. That figured became a short, caramel skinned boy with black hair and strikingly blue eyes.

Behind Max, Timothy tapped on his shoulder and showed him the screen. "You know there's more to them than that. You can't forget about the important pieces."

"I know, I was just getting to it." Slowly and hesistantly, Max added one small detail to each boy. To the shorter of the two, a grey rectangular box was held in his hand. For the other, the left eye become a patch that wrapped around his head.

Timothy saw Max's hand had begun shaking so he took the brush from his hand and tossed it on the floor. They both stood there, looking st their mural until Timothy nudged Max's shoulder and they both silently left the supply room they were in, dragging them back to reality.

A bright white hall lined with doors greeted them. Men and women dressed as nurses and doctors walked through the halls, some holding clipboards, others wheeling around teenagers who were either in a daze, looking around the area with wide, panicked eyes, or simply asleep, enjoying their blissful escape.

Just a Normal Night​

Strolling down the road, I paused for a moment and looked up at the sky. It was a clear starry night, and the crescent moon glowed with such a soft yet proud white light. It was magnificent.

I really shouldn't stop, Nathan was getting too far ahead, and besides, you don't know what kind of people come out this late at night. I sped up my pace so that I didn't fall too far behind. Soon enough, I arrived on his front porch, but he already had closed the door. Luckily for me, he always forgets to lock his door when he comes home from a party. I just let myself in. It is much more fun to surprise him after all.

Hearing the shower running, I
decided to wait in his bedroom, plopping down on his bed. This is going to be so much fun! After about twenty minutes, there was still no sign of him. I really do worry about him sometimes. I hope he didn't pass out.

To my relief, Nathan finally came out. He was only wearing pajama bottoms, and his hair was messy and damp. He's so attractive.

Because his room is so dark, Nathan couldn't see me until he turned the light on. "Hi Nathan!" I said with a smile. He seemed surprised when he saw, and his cheeks reddened, too. How was it possible for one guy to be this adorable?

"Kira? It's nice to see you, but what are you doing in my apartment?" He as rubbed the back of his neck. He is so cute when he is nervous!

"I just wanted to play." I pouted and watched as he relaxed some more. Once he seemed comfortable about the idea of me sticking around for some time, I balanced myself on my single propped up hand as I pulled out my other one from behind me.

The glint from my knife was the last thing he ever saw.

*The next morning*

I sat at the dining room, drinking a warm cup of herbal tea and reading the newspaper. Last night the dead body of Nathan Kalvin was found in his own apartment by his roommate. His corpse carried the mark of the Midnight Killer, a waning cresent moon carved into the victim's forearm. I grinned. The news was always so wrong.

Mira, my roommate and sister walked in and read the paper over my shoulder. A grin settled on her face as her eyes ran across the page. "So you got him?"

"I sure did." I said, a sinister smile resting my face. Her own was identical to mine. Since we are identical, it really wasn't something she wouldn't be about to do. She dragged a chaired around and scooted in to face me.

"Alright, so who do I get?" By the way she held herself I could tell she was ready for a challenge.

I had to think about this one. After a few minutes, I finally got it.

"Alright, I dare you to kill..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back