• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Memory Box

Diminium

Atom Bomb Baby
You groan, holding your head as you sit up, feeling nauseous. A small pool of water sloshes around on the bottom of the boat that lurches across the lake. Arms of glittering stars branch around the inky sky. There is a low mist hanging around the large lake. A sudden inhale makes you aware of the bellowing man who is rowing the boat and singing zelously while he does it.

"AND TH' GODS, THEY DANCED ALL NIGHT!! THEY BROUGHT UPON THE BRIGHTEST LIGHT! THEY MADE THE SUN GLOW TRULY BRIGHT! OOH! BUT 'TILL THE GREEDY KING WROUGHT HAVOC ON THE GODS 'N DAMES! HE SHOOED OUT THE SUN FROM TH' HEAV'NS WINGS! ALAS! HE CAST A GODDESS DOWN THAT NIGHT, A MORTAL SHE WAS NOW, AFT THE FIGHT! AND SHE WAS NEVER FOUND AFTER SHE HAD'EEN CAST DOWN AND NOW THEY SAY THAT SHE WAITS IN THE NIGHT!"

"W-who...?" You ask, shivering in your wet tunic. The large man turns around, his mouth hidden behind a mess of tawny hair that makes up his beard. He scratches the side of his head with a massive hand covered in hair.

"Glad to see that yae're awake, aye. I was just singin' to m'self a lil' bit. I was going on the verse to where the night-woman is damned by the jealous king to have her memories taken every eh..." He quickly mutters the verse to himself, until he comes upon the line he was needing. "30 years!
AND SHE'S YET AGAIN, BORN ANEW! BUT KNOWLEDGE SHE SHAN'T KEEP FOR-"

Nothing the man says rings a bell. It's as if a fog has settled in your mind. It's like sadness is choking you as you realize that you can't remember anything.

"Say tho' yae're awful quiet tonight, aye? Did that Tevran hit you harder than I thought? Maybe we shouldn't go searching for the night-woman. All them lore holders warned us against it. But yae said nooooo!" He gives you a toothy grin, but it starts to fade when you just look blankly at him.

[what will you do?]

>Tell him that you don't remember anything

>Agree that you might've been hit harder, but assure him you'll be fine

>Smile back at him, and excuse your apparent silence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back