• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Mafia Bosses Target ( Mafia Boss x Target )

Roje.png
Anthem Anthem

Roje felt his arm wrap around her shoulder and she took it with grace. Who loves a good arm wrapped around her? She does. Pulling one hand out of her pocket, she wrapped that same arm around his waist while they walked before her laugh came out "Well, you're not wrong about that in the slightest. I tend to get frustrated if I can't get something off and wind up ripping it off if it's preventing me from something I want." Looking up towards him, she gave him another one of her infamous winks before paying attention to where they were going "Anyways, Comfy clothing is a good choice. However, a man like you needs to be spiffy every now and again so maybe we'll get something more upscale for you just for whatever special occasion that's happening." The woman lead the way while still holding onto Onyx as he was still looking around like he was taking in the city. Thankfully she wasn't in some shady part, though the only shady part about it was the eyes that he was probably feeling if he had a sixth sense.

"I have a place you'll like. It may look a little bit on the low-end side but hey, that's where the best comfy clothes are." After a couple of minutes, she pulled him into a store called "Henry's Wears." While it was a mom and pop shop, it had some decent shit in it that even she found in. New stuff marked down basically. It's how she got her boots, found those puppies in here and they've been with her since. Pulling herself from him, she stepped forward a few steps and turned towards him with her arms "This place you'll find so much shit. I got some things from here and they're still here till this day." Hearing someone in the back, their footsteps were quick as a small older Asian gentleman came out with a big smile on his face as he approached the pair. It was clear that Roje and the man were well acquainted.

"Roje you're back! It's good to see you." He said, offering her a hug that she graciously accepted.

"I am definitely back Henry, how's the misses and the kiddies?" Roje asked with a slight tilt of her head.

The man chuckled and waved his hand "Oh they're great, thank you." He then looked at Onyx with wide eyes and elbowed her while whispering "Is this your new boyfriend?" The man covered his mouth while he whispered to her.

The Vampire laughed "I guess you could say something like that. We're getting him a new wardrobe."

Henry patted her arm "Well good on you for coming in today. We just stocked everything up so have fun. Let me know if you need anything." With that said he skittered off.

Roje put her hands on her hips and looked at Onyx while using her head to slightly gesture towards him "That's Henry, the owner. Very sweet old guy. Anyways lets get going and start getting you some clothes." Moving over to the men's section there was a wide variety of clothes ranging from sweatpants to jackets similar to her own. Dress shirts, button ups, shoes, and more. "Pick anything you want. Whatever your heart desires and I'll get it for you." After all, she had money even though she never used it and spending it at a place like this wasn't going to dent her pocket that much. As of right now they did have the shop to themselves till another customer would probably come in later so she hoped they could take advantage of this time. "Go ahead, pick, try on in the dressing rooms over there if you wanna see it on you." She pointed over to them "I'll judge you since you'll basically be a model coming out of those dressing rooms." The Vampire teased.

"Well then I suppose I must get a bit fancy so I can impress you my dear." Onyx would say before letting out a small sigh, he felt knives stabbing into his skin from unwanted eyes but he wouldn't speak a word of it and instead just continued to walk alongside Roje without much other care... other than keeping his arm wrapped around her of course. His cheeks were slightly dusted with blush as he realized what she had been winking about moments before, a slight smirk came to him as he thought about it. Well, if he were in the same position he'd simply rip away at whatever kept him as well. His smirk would turn to a look of impressment as his golden-green eyes trained onto the building she had been leading to. It wasn't any big department store which made the angel certainly a bit more relieved. After all, who actually enjoyed those giant markets with a clusterfuck of people within them?

Not Onyx, that's for sure.

As Roje spoke with what he could assume to be the owner, the fallen's eyes would start to do the same as they had within the woman's apartment building, bouncing from wall to wall to identify exits and any entrances to secondary locations within the building. Habits are sure damn hard to break, huh? His lovely vampire would then introduce Henry, the owner of the establishment as he had assumed earning a small nod of acknowledgement from the young man. He was completely oblivious to the title he was given by the old man which was... somewhat accepted by Roje. Instead he would start to lightly scroll through the selections within the man's section and boy was there a lot to choose from considering this was just some small business.

So many options, how was he to choose anything at this rate? Well, he didn't want to keep the lady waiting so he just started to grab a few articles that seemed like they would work in unison with one another.

Into the dressing room the angel went, murmuring under his breath words of worry as his fashion sense was... questionable at times. He was easily in the room for a few moments, a few curses were able to be heard as it was becoming more and more obvious how clumsy Onyx could be. The thuds coming from him bumping into the walls weren't helping either. Soon enough he came out in what was obviously one of the more fashionable selections among the choices within the store. Onyx was adorned by a loose, white dress-shirt with the first few buttons undone to show off his collarbone and chest just a touch, black jeans held up by a belt of the same color yet adorned by a silver buckle, a navy blue jacket hanging down around his elbows and of course, the same damn boots he had entered the store with. "What do you think..? Too loose?" The angel asked as he walked around a bit in the outfit, satisfied with the mix of comfort and fashion.

Roje.png
Anthem Anthem

Roje took a seat on a nearby padded stool as she waited for Onyx to pick out his clothes. Now while it would be fun to watch him pick out the random shit he was pulling off the rack, she decided to see if he could make a outfit for himself. One leg crossed over the other while she remained in place and listened to every shuffle he made, every swear word he released, even his heartbeat quickening when he'd bump into the wall or something of the sort. Sounds like he's fighting with himself... What a guy I suppose. Roje thought to herself as her hands rested upon her knee. As of right now she had a whole plan laid out to expose this guy for what he was, however considering how he was acting... It was kind of hard to believe that he caused the damage to her group. Why was this a constant thought in her mind? The constant tug-o-war between if he really is, and he actually is the reason. Pulling herself from her thoughts, the brunette noticed the man emerging from the dressing room and mighty fine did he look. The Vampire was quiet, had said not one word as her hazel eyes looked at every piece of his clothing.

Either the jacket had to stay or go. Not be halfway into his elbows that way "Quite honestly... You look like a mafia boss." Getting up from her stool, she walked up to him and looked up at the man. Definitely he was taller than her and just being near him dressed this way seemed to make her lungs tighten "Though I'd either put the jacket on or take it off. Personally I like it off just because this..." Her finger hooked onto his collar "Looks hot as fuck on you without the jacket." The vampire's tone was lower, seductive even as she grinned and backed up before looking at him as if he was just a piece of candy to her. "If we slicked your hair back in that bun some more, you would fit right into the mafia world there. I'd say get all that except the jacket. You don't need it." Taking a seat once again, she then waited for him to continue onward with his dressing up montage. The woman approved some clothing, while disapproving others. The man's sense of style sometimes was a hit or miss. Though hopefully after this he'd find what he'd like as his style instead of just random shit thrown together and call it "Style". Once done, Roje easily paid for his clothes and happily carried his bags "I'll drop these off at the apartment real quick." That's when she suddenly disappeared and just a moment later she was back with her arm wrapped around his as she basically hugged it.

"Since that took a little longer than expected and I know you haven't eaten this morning... Let's go out and get some food back in you." Patting his chest she began to lead the way towards one of her favorite places. Now, it was a little more expensive but they had the best food to her liking around here and hopefully Onyx would love it too- Wait why was she hoping he'd like it too? What the fuck? This isn't a date. Despite it feeling like it. But this isn't a fucking date... Maybe I'm just enjoying myself a little too much since it's been a while since I did something like this. A sigh almost escaped her lips but she managed to contain it. "You'll definitely be full after eating here." The vampire brought him to a black building that...Well... Almost seemed fairly shady but within was a nice steakhouse, it's just for some reason it was unmarked on the building. Maybe it was for the daring people who thought going into an "abandoned" building was thrilling. As soon as they walked in, the smell of steak rushed into her nostrils as they had been greeted and Roje held up her fingers showing two "Table for two please. Thanks." With that said, the greeter walked them to a booth and handed them both a menu before informing them their waitor/waitress will be around shortly.

"Pick anything off the menu to your liking. It's obviously a steakhouse so you'll have plenty of different cuts and more. Don't worry about the price." Roje knew eventually he'd ask her how she had this kind of money but the only ways she was going to pass that up is if she used compulsion or straight up lied to him. Not that lying to him was an issue since she was merely watching his every move and trying to get every piece of information from him before stabbing the knife right through him. Though she couldn't confirm if compulsion would even work on him... I'll have to try that tonight. Though it'd have to be something that wont get me killed or is too simple. I feel he'll just do anything I want. Roje's heel gently tapped on the floor beneath them in thought as she already knew what she wanted there was no need for the vampire to look over the menu. She sort of just stuck with what she knew and enjoyed the most. "I already know you have a large appitite so hopefully some protein will keep you fuller for longer."

Being proud of himself for crafting such an outfit, Onyx had a confident glint in his eyes as he took note of Roje staring at him. It feels good to catch her attention, I barely know her yet I'm wearing a style I haven't dared to dawn since... Well since I left them. A light shake of his head would remove the negative thoughts that dared to overtake his good feelings, as the angel would then blink a few times from her first comment about being a mafia boss... He didn't think himself of such a title, hell other than the woman in front of him the young man barely socialized so to be a boss of a whole criminal group was unreal! A sudden flash of pink shot across his cheeks as Roje hooked onto his collar, talking with a voice as dark yet smooth like a morning's cup of coffee that he had the pleasure of hearing earlier that same day, yet it invading his ears once more wasn't something he viewed as negative. Onyx swore he felt his breath hitch whenever the vampire messed with him, swooning a bit for her seductive nature as it just heightened his ego all the more. The logic being, if he was able to impress her then he must be one hell of an Aasimar!

Soon enough, the fallen had decided that the outfit Roje had praised so highly would be the one to wear alongside a silver watch he wore reversed on his left wrist to really bring the look together. Plus, it was easy to say the young man could pull off silver like it was gold. Though he wouldn't slick more of his hair back into his little tuft, he liked his hair how it was since it felt like an unforced style yet not one-hundred percent unkempt, like a nice in-between. Then the topic of food would be thrown into the air causing Onyx's stomach to growl a bit, and a light sigh of relief fell from his lips. While he was wearing a dress shirt it was black like his hoodie from before was so to stain it would be difficult, though that still meant the angel had to be a touch more careful than he'd usually be when eating. His lovely vampire just got him these clothes after all! Nonetheless, the idea of a good meal was all too great to pass up now!

After another ever boresome walk through the Big Apple, they had reached another building which had Onyx staring at it with some genuine concern and confusion. The outside looks so... secretive and isolated from everything else in the nearby area, this wasn't a meet-up spot for vampires to lead prey into and for lack of better terms, suck dry till their nothing but a bloodless raisin? A small gulp went down Onyx's throat as the duo walked inside, Roje still latched to his arm which did calm his nerves just a touch. The smell of steak that filled the air not only caused his mouth to water a little, but had fully calmed his heightened nerves as he realized that the vampire had brought him to a steakhouse, a damn high-quality one at that, causing the young man to whistle lightly as his golden-green eyes scanned the scene before them. The woman had told him not to worry of the price, which after her buying him basically a completely new wardrobe he was starting to think she wasn't just rich... she had to have been
richy rich. That amount of cash was hard for the angel to comprehend, so for the time being Onyx simply wouldn't worry about it so he could appreciate the food he was about to receive.

"Hrmm.... A double bacon hamburger sounds really good right about know." Despite it being a steakhouse, Onyx immediately saw burgers on the menu and was instantly hooked to that part of their inventory as his eyes scrolled through the options easily a hundred times. "I think that's high enough protein... plus it's hickory smoked, that should taste like heaven." Just talking about it was making him hungrier, so the fallen would give a solid nod before closing the menu with a large clap emitting from the document which alerted a waiter. The duo would address what they'd like to drink and what to order, leaving them now just to wait for their meals arrival. His digits glanced up to Roje, the beautiful vampire that was supplying him with such a great day so far. His mind would finally start to work with proper logic once more, causing him to squint a bit as he tilted his head. "Roje... Why are you doing all of this for me? You've known me barely a day, yet you've supplied me a home... a new wardrobe, and are now paying for a high-quality meal. Among other things I shouldn't say in a public setting. Why?"

Last edited:
Roje.png
Anthem Anthem

Out of an entire steakhouse menu... He chose a hamburger. This man really was a simple as a simpleton. An eyebrow raised as her arms crossed across her chest while those Hazel eyes examined him. "Hamburger... I'm really hoping you're getting two at the very least." The vampire pointed out while the waiter came over, took their orders and disappeared before Onyx began to ask the big questions. It was hard to fight a smirk so she settled for a warm smile "I mean do I really need to explain why? Were you not paying attention to the extra events this morning?" It was clear she enjoyed this morning since she had used it almost as the pitch to his question. But she knew if she didn't answer him with anything proper now, he could be snoopy later. That was the last thing she really needed at this moment. "In all seriousness though, I've been in your position before. Not knowing where to settle, not sure where to start, etc etc. I started from rock bottom. Granted I kind of cheated my way around but I eventually got a footing which got me into a lot of trouble. Being what I am in the Big Apple is a risk in itself. There's so many different races that could fuck with someone like me." Roje then crossed one leg over the other while she began to recall all the events she's been through in such a short time.

"One might think I've lived longer than 35 years." Another shrug came from her shoulders as her eyes locked with his "I'd rather give someone a chance at getting their footing than letting them fend for themselves. Even if you prove to be strong enough. You don't have the abilities I possess to gain some sort of leverage." When the waiter came by with their drinks, she already lifted hers and took a sip through the straw. Hopefully her responses would suffice to get some suspicion off of her as he was seemingly narrowing his eyes at her. Now she didn't take just anyone under her wing despite it sounding like it. She picked and chose who and when she wanted someone. "You get the perks of having food, a shower, a bed (of some sort), and a roof over your head. With some extra benefits like myself, which I already know you're taking advantage of." The Vampire winked at him before giggling as she put her glass down. "Nothing else really. If you think that answer suffices, then I wouldn't know what will other than another few hours at my place before I have to check up on the club and make sure everything and everyone is accounted for."

Roje was really trying to get this spotlight off her because if it stayed on her any longer, then she'd have to come up with another excuse. She could only come up with so many excuses before they ran out or became dry as bone. "Enough about me though. I have questions for you too." Leaning forward, her hands laced together while her elbows rested upon the table and her chin propped on those laced fingers. "So you're here in New York City, the city of all different kinds of shit happening. Between the surface and the underbelly. Out of all fuckin places that your sexy ass could be, you chose here? I find it hard to believe its a coincidence that you chose the hardest place to settle down. It's like choosing L.A."

An eyebrow would raise as Roje mentioned the morning once again, causing Onyx to have a little smirk stretch across his lips as it seems the vampire was seriously satisfied. He couldn’t blame her all that much since the morning also made him rather… pleased to say the least about the events. Though the smirk would slowly fade away as he would then squint as the vampire spoke of being at rock bottom. He… The angel didn’t want to admit he had reached that point in his expansive life already, to be struggling hard in year 30 of hundreds of years. Though there was no other way to describe it since before Roje he was wearing clothes with obvious wear & tear, eating budget struggle meals for every meal, and living in a dump of an apartment. At least he was away from the life that tore him down at every turn, that challenged his will nearly every second… Even this was better than that.

Onyx would stop the narrowing of his eyes as he would realize she was correct, he had good abilities but in a world where mundanes hunted down those unlike them there were little methods for him to use such prowess in a profitable manner. The angel would take a drink from the soda he had ordered, crunching on some of the ice as if it were helping him think and in a way, helping him remain calm. A soft smile took the place of the grimace that had started to form, he certainly now had his blessings to count thanks to Roje. “I may have to take up that offer of another few hours at your place, if I get to use a certain benefit of mine~” The fallen spoke melodically with his deep tone, the answers given to him had sufficed for the time being. More questions would most likely arise given time but until then he was happy to be blinded by her splendor.

Brows raised once more as the center of attention had moved from the lovely vampire and instead was now upon Onyx, which was only fair considering the string of questioning he had just put Roje through. “In a city where anything and everything happens it’s easy to become a distant memory, and forgotten by those you wish to cut from your life.” Taking a moment to contemplate how much he was willing to share, Onyx would sip another small amount from his drink. The vampire was doing all of this for him, she deserved the truth… at least some of it. “I came here to disappear, to get away from the life that shackled me and clipped my wings. It’s not easy here… I’ll admit that wholeheartedly but I’d prefer the financial challenge as I’ve been able to keep my sanity, my pride.” The angel spoke softly, his golden green eyes trained on the centerpiece of the table so his gaze wouldn’t wander haphazardly. One could notice his hand starting to tremble ever so slightly, until the other shot up and held it in a way of suppressing past pains.

As if it was a set time by the staff themselves, once Onyx finished speaking their food would be brought to them and placed in front of the duo. The waiter gave a soft smile before moving along to serve others within the establishment. The angel took a singular bite from one of his dual burgers, the flavor winding down his high-strung nerves, a slow sigh falling from his lips after. “The only thing I can thank from my previous life is my brother, and the development of my abilities. Everything else was simple damnation.”

Roje.png

That smile of hers had turned into a smirk when he responded to her benefit listing. Clearly he was hooked like a fish and that's what she wanted. Though she was getting something good out of it in the process of this whole ordeal. While his tone was deep and tickled her ears, she tried to keep it together before he began to answer her in return. Good, got that fucking shit off my case. That should keep him at bay long enough. Onyx didn't waste any time on spilling the beans as he himself seemed to want to leave memories behind. He wanted to disappear and get away from everything. Now she could understand that as her own past consisted of a drunk father, who beat both herself and her brother multiple times. As an older sister, Roje always protected him and always tried to get him out of the house. This was all before she moved into that mansion deep into the woods that no one could find aside from those who desperately wanted to find a home. The mansion held so many supernaturals that included her Cousin and her Cousin's best friend... This also included the time she forcefully got turned into a vampire. Where she felt her life came to an end....

Before she could drown herself, Roje then listened to Onyx once again though she noticed one hand moving slightly different than the other before he quickly covered it with another. Trauma. If he's shaking from whatever is going on in that mind of his then no doubt in my mind that there's scars much like my own. The food finally arrived and she began to cut into her steak "Sounds like we both love our brothers dearly." Bringing the fork to her lips, she took the piece of meat into her mouth and enjoyed the various different flavors it was giving her. I could never get sick of this place...Holy shit it's so good with their high quality. Once swallowed, Roje continued "Knowing that you came here to forget, start fresh, good thing you ran into me to give you leverage. Well, lucky for you I could get you just about whatever you want to start out. Unless you don't want anything more from me and you can figure it out on your own." Taking another bite, she continued to enjoy her food. Shortly after her phone buzzed and she pulled it out to check her text messages. Fucking finally, they got him. Just what I needed. Well, he can wait. Immediately her thumb began to type on the touch screen in response.

"I'm busy having lunch with a client. Keep him alive. I'll be there later." With that sent she then stuffed the phone back into her pocket. "Hm?" She asked as she heard Onyx "Oh nothing. Just a worker from the club letting me know of something that happened. We'll stop by there a little bit early. So no apartment time for us till later." The vampire teased while she continued to eat happily. Thank GOD she could eat normal human food, because without it she would be depressed that she was stuck to just drinking blood all her life and only blood. "Hopefully that burger is as good as this steak because I feel like I could eat here forever." What else could they talk about that wasn't even food related... Oh! "Oh by the way, how the fuck did you get those guys from last night to chase you down anyway? The fuck you do to them? Did you call their mother fat or something like that?" While it was a clear joke, she was sure some dumb asses would get angry about something as trivial as that.​

Onyx smiled as memories of his brother came to mind, one of the few things he didn’t want to ever forget about. Emerald, otherwise known to the angel as “Emmy” was the elder brother to the young man that now sat across Roje. Emerald was the kindest soul that Onyx could recall from his childhood and teenage years, a source of safety in a world of confusion and pain that no child should’ve been exposed to. "Without my brother I most likely would have gone nearly insane, or perhaps would have even perished under the conditions I was put under. I really do owe my life to Emerald... I miss him." The angel would lean forward a bit, nearly mimicking Roje's actions as his elbows were placed on the table as he rested his face in his palms. A sad smile etched it's way onto his face as memories continued to plague his mind as if his own brain was mocking him at this point. "I really appreciate your help Roje, I'm sorry for questioning ya like that I've just... I've been played too many times to really believe that most people have any good left in their hearts at the end of the day." Had he revealed too much, let too much of his previous life spill out? Perhaps, but the young man didn't seem to really care anymore because his words to Roje were genuine instead of having to feign some form of happiness or sincerity.

Hearing the buzz of her cell, Onyx would blink a few times as he titled his head whilst she responded to the notification. "Is everything okay?" Trying to be polite, the angel didn't want to pry too much but curiosity was a powerful force that guided his actions more often than he'd like to admit sometimes. An incident at the club... hopefully it wasn't anything too serious and something that could be solved quick upon the vampire's arrival. A small sigh fell from Onyx's lips as Roje joked about them not having any time to themselves until afterwards. "Maaaaannnn... I guess I can wait." A smile would streak across his lips with a light blush at his cheeks for a few moments until she had mentioned the food once more. "Oh lord, it's probably the best food I've had in... ever to be honest. I can understand why you like this place so much, discreet on the outside to offset the general public and amazing grub!" Snickering a bit, the angel had finished his first burger and was already halfway done with the second. How the hell could this guy eat so damned fast?!

Then the subject of the group that Roje had beaten the previous evening, the evening where the two had officially met and started this little... whatever the hell this was between the two of them. His golden eyes would roll from annoyance, Onyx took another sip from his drink before touching on anything that had to do with those fools. "Well it started as a stereotypical mugging, they wanted everything I had in my pockets and instead of emptying them out I made fun of their foolish antics... and maybe one of their manhoods as well." The angel would clear his throat a bit, chuckling from his own actions. "Long story short, they were too scared to actually shoot or do anything. They were wanna-be thugs so I was just gonna run them around before taking them down. Though you beat me to the punch... literally."

Roje.png

Anthem Anthem

Roje did not miss his words that fell upon her ears, especially since it sounded like the only reason he was still here was because of his brother. There was definitely some backstory here that she'd get later, if he was strong like this, unique in his own way... There had to be more, especially if he's claiming to have a family. Could be pretty drastic on the underside where they all lurk. Aside from that, it was clear to her that he would go with whatever she suggested as long as it benefited him in the process as well. Not of ill intent sure, but of lust. The vampire couldn't blame him though, the short time together was already at a high point and there was a feeling that it would get even higher. Don't worry too much, Onyx. I'll be sure to keep you satisfied. Another sip was taken from her drink as he explained about what caused the chase and a laugh escaped her lips "So a shitty mugging and an insult to the man's precious jewels. You savage, Onyx." A shake of her head came, though the smile on her face still remained "I'm surprised you had them running after you instead of just taking care of them at that moment. That's just something I would've done. Would get rid of the problem quicker."

Another chunk of her steak went into her mouth Considering you weren't too far from me after I got notified, I took matters into my own hands to find you. You weren't exactly quiet and that's why I was able to track you down easy as anything. Especially with that intoxicating smell you give off. Anyone would be able to find you if they have a good enough nose. "I just took care of the problem before it could continue. The mundane don't know any better in the streets of NYC. That's why some become blood bags voluntarily to those who need it in turn for some shelter at night or something of the sort. Others pick fights at night where we're all most active." A huff came from her lips "If you ask me I couldn't fall in love with another Mundane. I did that once and well, he disappeared without a trace. Couldn't find him after that. I feel they're just...Too stupid. Too naive. There's no point in dragging them into the underbelly unless they want to be." Roje finished up her steak and began to eat the fries on her plate. Her short life was filled with so much loss, despair, chaos... The more she thought about it, the more she couldn't help but laugh at the thought with another one of her head shakes. She's been tortured with plant water that burned her insides to the point it felt as if they were going to be non existent, trialed for a murder that was in self defense, lost lover after lover in so many ways...

In her mind she was a walking curse and was surprised to be the leader of the Mob. Though her curse didn't carry over aside from conflicts with other mobs. "Anyways, enough about that. Are you finished? Cause I am." Leaning back in her seat, she looked across at him though had no intentions of revealing her past. But she couldn't help but remember all the bullshit she went through... She wasn't gonna let that happen again. Once he was ready to go, she left money on the table and didn't bother waiting for the waiter as she began to walk out "If you want, we could technically stop at my place for a short time if you don't want to wait." Roje glanced over her shoulder at him with a glint in her eyes. "But I know you're going to want more if I do that, so maybe I shouldn't." The vampire then began to walk towards her club rather than her apartment. Though rather slowly to see what he would choose.​

A small grin would fall upon Onyx’s face as he was depicted as a savage by Roje, it was certainly a title he hadn’t expected but was embracing it fully since in his opinion, the joke was too damn good to pass up in that moment. Then the questioning of why he didn’t just end the mugging where it started, why he was running from a couple of mundanes that couldn’t do anything that could’ve caused significant damage. At first the angel would just shrug it off, because there wasn’t really too much to it, he was bored and wanted some sort of thrill. “After having nothing to do most of that day, I just took it as a chance to let loose a bit. Again, I would’ve taken them down eventually. It was just fun to see them struggle I suppose.” His response sounded… villainly almost with the way he was gonna play around before ending the thugs, but perhaps it was karma for them wanting to mug the angel to begin with.

With a couple more bites, Onyx had finished his food with a satisfied sigh under his breath and a smile. One could swear that when he was satiated and in a good mood, the intoxicating scent of the angel’s blood grew ever stronger as if it was some chemical reaction within his body. His ichor was practically a fine wine when compared to that of other races, which was odd considering him still being partially human. “It wouldn’t have become a problem, I could have made it look like a little accident. Like having some plywood fall down onto them to knock them out.” Onyx started with a shrug as he thought about all the different methods he could have used to end with the same results of the thugs being left on the ground. Some options were certainly more violent than others, but who didn’t like a good little bit of violence. “Not all mundanes are like that, though I have noticed it’s more common within the male mundane though. I was with a mundane once, she was… kind. Played me like a fiddle though, so I guess I’m in the same boat.”

When Roje asked about him being finished, he would blink a few times before jokingly pointing at his plate which was basically cleaned off minus a few crumbs and droplets of sauce that had fallen from his burgers. But to give a legitimate answer the young man would nod as he rose to his feet, stretching by taking a deep bend back followed by his spine letting off a few cracks. The pains of being a taller individual. His arm had gently wrapped around Roje once more when they were outside, Onyx felt a few… less than safe thoughts enter his mind when the vampire suggested going to her apartment for but a few moments. With the glint in the woman’s eyes he could tell instantly what she was leading on, which caused a grin to stretch across his lips in joy. In a sudden jolt of energy, the angel pulled Roje close to where she’d practically be hugging his arm once again as his direction was dead-set for her studio apartment. “Oh I’m sure we can make the most of a short time, plus whatever is at the club has to wait on you right? So I’m certain we’ll be just fine.” A quick time at her place before dealing with whatever was going down at the club?... Onyx swore he was in his own, personalized heaven.

Roje.png
Anthem Anthem

Roje was walking but she suddenly felt he be pulled back into Onyx, allowing her to cling to his arm for the second time today. Easy as pie. The vampire thought while she looked up at him and he guided her back to her apartment instead. "Oohhh I see now..." She grinned as she leaned on him "Here I thought you'd never let me go if we decided to take a dip into that water now. I guess you may have some self control. Buuut..." Leaning up into his ear, she whispered "I'm leading." With that said, once again she took the lead and practically dragged him to her apartment. Along the way she whispered things into his ear, between sweet nothings and more risque words. While she did want to take care of the issue at her club, wasting a little bit more time wouldn't hurt. Not like her boys was gonna roughhouse him... Okay maybe a little bit but it's completely justifiable because he had information that she needed for something she was tracking down. He was being a little bitch and refusing to give her what she needed.

As soon as the pair was right in the same hall as her apartment, their lips were locked and aggression was building up very rapidly. Roje's goal was to get him to the apartment, so while keeping her lips locked on his, she tugged him towards her door as she fished for her keys in her pocket and broke the kiss for just a short moment. Of course it felt like ages as she could feel his hot breath and those rough kisses pressing against her neck before she managed to get the door open and immediately she pulled him in and then pushed him towards the dining area. The door was slammed shut and locked to prevent anyone or anything from getting in as she began to remove article after article of clothing while approaching him. Her hands helping remove the button up he wore before tossing it aside and continuing to push him towards her bed. Eventually the pair got there and she shoved him down "It's my turn now, Onyx." Her smirk had returned as she climbed atop of him and locked her lips with his once more.

---

It didn't matter how it was done. Despite it only being just a few times, the vampire was still left breathless as she laid next to Onyx. The first Celestial being she's ever met. "Man, I'm gonna be sad to see you go when you make your own life here." A breathless laugh escaped her lips as she glanced over at him and moving some of his hair from his face. "Unless you planned to stay which I have no qualms about." Roje booped his nose with that smile of hers on her face before placing it upon his chest and feeling that rapid heartbeat. While she felt it, she could hear it clear as day, knowing that the blood in his veins were pumping very quickly. Her hazel eyes closed for a moment as she tried to calm herself despite it being so tempting to bite into his exposed neck. "Mmmm... We probably wasted at least an hour. I don't think we took the short route at all." Or maybe they had, but who was really keeping track at this point? Roje could feel his arms wrapped tightly around her just to keep her close to his chest. While it was warm and so comfortable... She had to ruin it. "Sorry sweetheart, duty calls so we gotta get up." Pushing herself away from him, she wriggled out of his grasp and got up from the bed and began redressing herself.

It didn't take long for the pair to finally get dress and skedaddle out of the apartment where they headed back to the club. Looking at her phone, she already knew it was starting to open up. "Mmm... I didn't expect us to take that long. We've been busy it seems." Glancing at him with a grin, she bumped him with her hip as they continued to walk "When we head in, just hang out by the bar. I'm gonna head up to the office to take care of the issue. You can ask for a snack or something like that. They'll bring you anything as long as we have it." As they slowly began to approach the club, she could hear the music through her sensitive hearing I guess I wont be able to hear them over that music. Hopefully they didn't ruin this guy too bad. Eventually they walked in and there were some people already but nothing how it is at night. On the sides you could see lounging couches that were circular, a dance floor, even some tables that lined loosely around the dance floor. "I'll be back down soon." With a casual smack to his ass, she went off to her office up the stairs and disappeared through the door.

Her men approached and she looked relatively serious "Guard the door as usual. I don't need this to be interrupted." Going to her destination, she looked at the man who was currently tied to a chair with rope and a cloth around his neck. "Thought you got away, huh? Lucky for you, you had a little bit more freedom before we found you again. Should've ran when your savior came for you. Now tell me..." The vampire pulled her jacket off and tossed it to the side "Where the fuck is he?" When no response was given, her punch landed and sent him onto the floor to which some of her extra guys picked him and the chair back up.

At this rate, Onyx was going to have the need to carry a bottle of water around with how him and Roje were getting around. He was breathing hard as he didn't want to let go of the woman in his arms but the events of the day were yet to finish as she was needed at the club, and like a dog on a leash he would gladly follow her. It had it's own perks as he could easily get some more fine liquor or perhaps some more food, either way he had no issue with the trip. The angel let a silent sigh out as he got up a little bit after Roje had, after pulling on some pants his first stop was at the fridge to get a juice box. While it was a rather childish choice, what was really stopping him at the end of the day? Plus who doesn't like a good juice box every now and then to act as a good little refresher? The young man buttoned up his dress shirt while staring out the window, finally realizing how long their... ehm, quick session- ended up truly taking. At least Roje didn't seem to mind all that much in the end.

The walk to the club was one filled with jokes and quips thrown between the duo, though there was no doubt that Roje won the battle of tongue as her sly words were able to cause cracks in his hide much better than whatever he could do to her. The club was just opening, so it was primarily only filled with people wanting to escape for a few hours before the party really got started, and that was more than okay with Onyx so he didn't have to deal with things getting too loud quite yet. With a smack on his rear that caused a rather embarrassing shiver to go through him, the vampiric woman would leave him at the bar so she could deal with whatever was troubling her business. That's the main reason he didn't try to convince her into allowing him in to view what she was doing, it was business, it didn't really interest the young man at all since it was most likely just a bunch of numbers that were all too easy to calculate but had to be put through not so simple means. So for a while, the angel really would just sit at the bar with little complaints.

A few minutes would pass and the angel was trying his best to be a little social, which thankfully it was easy to do so within a place like the club he was sat in for the moment. Onyx was getting along with frequents who had never seen his face before, and with the bartender behind the counter as she served him up a couple of shots to help him ease his nerves a little bit. Things within the club were finally starting to heat up a little bit as the party-goers were slowly starting to spill in within sparse groups, golden-green eyes would look through the crowds as he played a small game with himself, trying to spot how many obvious glimmers were in use. Though without much knowing of why, his digits slowly drifted up to the window that looked down onto the club as he wondered what Roje was doing. Until an unusual pattern caught his eye, her windows didn't have any designs when he was up there did they? So why was there a... dripping ichor...

Blood.

With widened eyes, Onyx would take but a moment to steel his resolve before he started to shift through the small crowd on the dance floor. He would make his way to the backroom where the stairs to Roje's office were located, the celestial markings on his arms growing ever larger as his face was consumed by the beautiful stain. The only feature one could really make at this point was the outline of his face, and his eyes which for now remained normal. With a confidence like he owned the place, the angel started to walk towards the stairs as the guards would simply take side-steps to block the pathway. "No passing bub. Direct orders from the boss herself to keep any and all persons out. Keep walkin'." A standard warning to keep normal bystanders away. Luckily for Onyx, he was anything but normal. As the angel continued to move forward, the two men moved in unison to shove him back. Even though he was rather tall himself, the young man was nearly towered over by the bodyguards that looked like they could be Popeye's twin brothers. What could only be comprehended as a sigh emitted from Onyx like a frozen breath, mist could be seen whenever he let out a heavier breath.

The dual guards would glare at the young man and prepared to escort him out of the club for his recklessness, and before any form of negotiation could take place the 2 v 1 commenced. Onyx was left on the defensive as he felt the two guards slam their arms into him for a double lariat, sending the angel to the ground with a groan. Before they could capitalize off downing the young man, the fallen jumped up from the downed position allowing him to kick both of the guard square in the face. Distance was created between the two parties as it seemed the solo was starting to finally understand the speed and strength of the vampires. The first guard sped forward for another lariat, but was avoided by Onyx which allowed him to catch the second guard by the face, slamming him into the ground whilst using his telekinetics to slam the man with enhanced force. The damage was just enough to knock the guy out, leaving this confrontation as a 1 vs 1 now. Going to more... lethal tactics, the remaining guard was able to shoulder tackle the angel into the wall to commence a brutal beatdown. The vampire's fists collided with the angel's chest and stomach repeatedly, some cracking heard from his ribs as Onyx's bones kept healing just to be broke again. Luckily, this only lasted for a few moments until he used his ability to close the vampire's windpipe as he clenched his fist. Would this be a mortality? No, the young man was smart enough to only go as far as forcibly causing the guard to pass out.

"... fuck." A singular word to describe the pain shooting through Onyx's body, as he would wait for a moment or so to allow his healing to rid him of the aches before dashing up the stairs. The individual with starry-skin opened the door, his golden-green eyes widening as he almost immediately recognized who was tied up in the chair and bleeding from a wound... that must've been inflicted by the woman standing adjacent to them, Roje. Wings slowly started to spread from his back as connections started to tether within the angel's mind, and with a voice lowered thanks to the form he now took he simply spoke.
"Now I expect answers other than just flattery and concepts of past pains... What the fuck is this? Some damn hostage situation?!"

Roje.png

Anthem Anthem

Time went by, and she still wasn't getting her damn answers. At this point the blood was just splattering on her windows and causing a huge mess. This also applied to any exposed skin from her lack of jacket. "You're really getting on my damn nerves you filthy rat." Taking a towel, she wiped her hands off from blood as her ears began to pick up the sound of a scuffle outside her door. Who the fuck is causing trouble out there? Am I really going to have to go out of my way to stop what I'm fucking doing? The vampire wondered before shaking her head and throwing her towel on her desk "It's been how long already? What, give or take an hour or so? You look like a bruised apple oozing it's juices out. And that's not in the pretty way either." The scuffle stopped and she simply waited with her arms crossed, wondering who would be her opponent beyond the door. Their heart beat was loud, adrenaline pumping even through their veins. Taking a few sniffs in, she was slowly starting to piece together who was coming in. "Mother fucker." Roje said as the door busted open to reveal the man who she's been lusting over the past few hours.

Of course he'd stick his nose where it doesn't belong. Not even a full 24 hours and he's already seeing the most suspicious scene he could probably see coming from me. Guess he should be grateful that he wasn't the one in the chair right about now. But he'd probably like that now that she thought about it. "And this is why I told you to stay downstairs but yet you still chose to come in here and poke your little nose in. Can't really blame you but then again curiosity kills the cat." Remaining as calm as she possibly could, Roje moved behind the man and laced her fingers into his hair as she pulled his head up "You really want to fucking know? Then close my damn door." As soon as the door was shut, she began to talk because lets face it, she isn't going to go out of her way to come up with some shitty excuses. Though she would leave out some crucial details. "I guess you can say this is a mother fuckin' hostage situation. I mean look at the rope and the cloth around his mouth." The vampire gestured to her hostage before dropping his head.

"This guy has been a pain in my ass for ages. Tracking him down to get the information I need has been fucking rough. I am a club owner, yes, but I also have connections to people like this guy who needs to pay his dues. Which happens to be about where my fucking brother is." Walking up to Onyx, she tried not to show fear to him and simply remained serious. "I haven't heard from him in months. This man was supposed to get me information. All I've gotten is the silent treatment. Which means two things from this guy. 1: He was compelled by another fucking vampire or 2: He's taken virvaine in his body so I can't do what I need to do." Her eyes scanned her lover from head to toe before looking back at her hostage "I get it, you probably don't want to be associated with me and yada yada. The usual spit I usually get. This is why I ride alone because my lifestyle is far different than everyone elses." It was clear that she has been in similar situations before. Not finding it amusing that she had to explain it to Onyx. Even though he was pretty much in the dark after she made him her target.

"I managed to find him, brought him here and tried to get the answer I was owed. A little torture didn't hurt anyone. Considering what I'm doing is simply child's play considering what I've been through." As she went to walk back to her hostage, she felt that strong grip on her arm and knew if she tried to fight against Onyx, it could cause a severe disadvantage here. He was strong, he had wings, smelled like wine, but there was much more to learn about him. For all she knew he could shove his hand right through her chest and call it a day. One less vampire to deal with right?​

The Celestial would listen to the woman he had held dear for the previous 24 hours start to explain to him, just what the hell had been going under his nose while he thought she was just a... not so simple club owner. It was a hostage situation but for valid reasoning, well, as valid as keeping a hostage could get. His golden-green eyes, once warm turned cold through distrust and acted like knives that nearly pierced right into Roje as her reasons started to spill out. The man he had saved nights before from what he was thinking were just thugs, was in truth, a bastard at heart who couldn't simply tell the vampire woman where her brother was... That was all Onyx needed to hear, he had made his decision on how to handle the choice in front of him.

A heavy hand would grab Roje's shoulder, as his eyes would meet hers... his gaze had softened towards the woman specifically. "Save your strength... I'll handle him." His voice was low, raspy due to the form he took. The Celestial would slowly walk to the hostage and slowly took off the cloth from the man's mouth but before a word could be formed he started to suffocate on... seemingly nothing. The golden glow from Onyx's dominant hand was much more vibrant than before as the chair rattled, shaking as if in a storm before splintering and shattering from an invisible force acting upon it. The man let out an agonizing groan as some of the splinters were in his back, the pain only growing ever greater as he was sent into the wall with Onyx ever lifting a finger. His wings sprouted from his back, the feathers almost looking sharper than before as he started to slowly walk towards the man.

"You have info she requires... now you are going to talk or I'm going to have too much fun with this..." Onyx was glaring directly into the man's soul, as the lights of the club started to flicker much... much more than beforehand. Pens on Roje's desk started to slowly levitate around the Celestial as he reached out to grab the hostage's head. "Now, I have short patience... so you will give me the info she desires or I'll stab a pen into each of your arteries so you ever painfully bleed out." The man would start to squirm in the angel's grasp, but Onyx didn't waiver a single bit. "Or... I could twist your limbs until you simply can't move ever again. Make your choice.... Make it." Onyx slowly released the hostage and the moment he could, he would finally start to spill.

Roje.png
Anthem Anthem

Roje could feel his gaze pierce right through her, it was strong that's for sure. The silence was strong and even that she could feel just as strong Is this him processing? Is he thinking of how to kill me right here? The Vampire thought while her gaze never faltered from his, if anything she merely held her ground as his hand grasped her shoulder. Eyes softened against her and what came out of his mouth had filled her mind with confusion Wait what? Blinking a few times, she was sure she had heard him wrong, right? While he walked by, her body turned in the same direction as he began to take control of the situation. Are you fucking kidding me? That's all it took to turn him towards that guy? Onyx had surprised her like no other, showing obedience and loyalty much like a dog would. What the hell time is it? There's no way he'd listen to me this short of a time. Pulling her phone from her pocket, she checked the time and didn't find it to be too late at all. Stuffing it back in, she watched with hands on her hips as he began to take care of the hostage himself. Why do I feel like I'm being pampered? I usually do all the hard work around here.

Hazel eyes shifted to her pens that pulled from her desk and noticed the flickering lights. ...Well that's something. He can mess with the lights too? Onyx what the fuck are you? With eyebrows close together, she walked up with her hips swaying as she came up next to Onyx. "While your threats are surely convincing and deadly, I do need him alive still." Patting his shoulder, she then leaned forward towards the man "Sooo, I suggest you speak before I change my mind." Lucky enough the blood she gave him was doing its work as the wounds on his face were healing very slowly. The man eventually started talking and her eyes narrowed "Do you know how vague that description is? So you're telling me, a woman with long blonde hair took my little brother?" As the man nodded, she sighed and rubbed her temples "A woman with long blonde hair. Was there anything different about her? Anything else that was obvious?" The man took another moment as he seemed to be in distress which was obvious given his situation.

"I-I think I saw wings...Kind of like his." He nodded towards Onyx and Roje immediately turned to him "Do you know anyone of your race with long blonde hair?" To her, that description was so vague so there was no way she could pin it on anyone because there was hundreds of people who were a woman with blonde hair in the city. There was a pause and this again confused her...Why the fuck was she getting so confused ever since this guy showed up? Everything about him was a mystery, a puzzle she had to solve before getting into the next set. "Yo Nyx? Why the fuck are you quiet now?"

Wings like his..? But that couldn't be.... Onyx would finally falter as the pens that had been hovering around the man's arteries would drop to the ground as the angel started to back away. "That's... fuck. Fuck fuck fuck..." Fear was not an emotion he felt often, but it was evidently flowing through his veins as he reverted to his normal state with widened eyes, shrunk pupils. He would start to pace around as his breath quickened, his heartbeat reaching an unstable speed due to pure adrenaline. "She's not of my race which makes this even worse... That means one of her damned experiments finally fucking worked." Walking promptly to Roje's desk to grab a bottle of liquor, downing a quarter of it in a few seconds flat. This calmed his nerves a bit before he looked up to the vampiric woman with fear still flashed across his features.

"The woman he's talking about is most likely my sister. Alexandrite." A phantom pain started to radiate from the few scars that littered his chest, a light hand raised from his side to clutch his shirt as he gulped down the worry that was dwelling within the back of his throat. His wings would wrap around his body like a cloak or veil of protection, his breath still quick but more stable than beforehand. "If Alex has your baby brother, that means she's most likely trying to use his blood to empower herself further. Like she did with mine. She never had wings before, so she had to have finally found a way to cause her own heart to produce opposing blood. Fucking lunatic..." Golden-green eyes would lock on the hostage again, this time the angel didn't bother using his powers he instead grabbed the man by his shirt and shoved him against the wall.

"Where is she. Where did you see her last?!" If that dastardly woman was within the confines of the city... that meant Onyx's escape... his brother's help... it a was all in vain as he had already been found. He couldn't keep his strength, he let the man go once more, the angel walked to the other side of the room trying to think of what to do. The pain radiating from his wounds growing harder... and harder to ignore by the second.

Roje.png
Anthem Anthem

Roje looked between Onyx and the Pens that seemingly fell to the ground with gentle clacks as some bounced into eachother. With a raised eyebrow, her hazel eyes shifted over to the angel while his heart drummed within her ears and the fear on his look very apparent. Holy fuckin' shit, who would've thought he'd get this terrified after being the one who was the terrifier? The vampire thought while he paced around like a maniac. "Oh fucking great so we got a mad scientist who's a woman. Nice. Fuckin nice." Crossing her arms over her chest, she watched him just down one of her bottles effortlessly. If he's gonna turn into an alcoholic he better not be thinking he can touch my stashes without asking me first. Roje thought as he finally looked at her and spilled the beans "Oh how fucking wonderful. So not only is she a fucking scientist, but she's your sister who's probably fucking insane. nice. Can't recall when I dropped the F bomb this damn much." There was nothing more that frustrated her than left fielders that made no sense in any single way. So she's not like him but yet managed to experiment to become like him. Well this is a shit show.

Her gaze watched his wings as they wrapped around him in an embrace. "Use my brothers blood to empower herself? He's a fucking human. We weren't born as vampires." Good grief. A loud sigh escaped her lips as she rubbed her temples. "I'm getting a fucking heada-" Suddenly her hostage was slammed against the wall as Onyx went off at him, asking for the whereabouts of his sister. "For fucks sake." Walking up to him, she grabbed Onyx and pulled him by the shoulder before she did her own shove against the wall, her hand planted flat on his chest "Get your fucking act together, Onyx. This is not how to act right fucking now. I get it, your crazy ass sister is in town, but your crazy ass sister also has my damn human brother. So if she hurts one little hair on his head you're damn well gonna see something you've never seen before. So pull yourself together. I'm not gonna deal with you losing it too." Looking over her shoulder, she called out for her guards and a different set came in instead of the ones Onyx had knocked out. Luckily she had more than enough to spare "Get the hostage out of here. Make sure he forgets what happened."

Once the Hostage was whisked away, her attention was turned back to him "What happened to the badass who was about to do my dirty work for me, huh? You suddenly turned into a puppy with its tail between its legs." Dropping the hand keeping him against the wall, her eyes locked with his "Did she do a shit ton more shit to you than I think she did?"

Still clutching his chest with one hand, Onyx’s breath refused to lighten as his eyes darted from wall to wall, it had been a long time since he ever had to deal with such a strong feeling of fear within him. Had the plan he and Emerald made, the one to keep the angel under the radar fell through so easily? They thought it to be fool-proof, but then again, even the strongest of defenses can fall to the single tug against a loose thread. Roje was on the dot, Alexandrite was insane because there was no other word to describe the megalomaniac’s state of mind, especially when it came to empowering the body she simply viewed as a canvas waiting to be painted. Before he could even react to the vampire’s action, felt himself get pinned against the wall with ease even with his wings wrapped around him as a cloak of protection she was able to place a heavy hand against him. Her voice was stern but understandably so, after all he had not only interrupted what was supposed to be a private meeting, he had also knocked out a set of her guards and now admitted to someone who was blood-related to him, holding her dear brother captive. His heart’s drum-like beat would finally start to settle, while it was still slightly elevated it was much calmer compared to the rolling beat from moments before.

“Well she might be using him as a cleanser…” The angel mumbled before he realized he had to be specific with the details, he didn’t want to be cleaved if she had thought he was withholding information. “With how she’s trying to become a chimera of some sorts, I imagine she needed someone with human blood just in case something went wrong. And I guess she was too proud to just take some random junkie off the streets.” Onyx would reach behind his head, letting his hair out of the small ponytail he usually had it somewhat styled into. This stress was anything but good for his heart, sure he wouldn’t feel any long-term side effects but that didn’t mean the tightness within his chest was comforting by any means. His wings didn’t even have the usual ephemera of falling feathers as usual, as if they had been put into a still frame until they slowly faded into nothingness.

A pained gaze met Roje’s piercing one as Onyx slowly nodded to her final question. His eyes shifted from wall to wall, ensuring that they were alone within the office before taking a few steps away from the vampire, creating some room between them. Slowly, the young man started to remove his dress shirt and the black undershirt that covered his torso. While the general sight was anything but foreign to the woman considering their relations within the last 24 hours alone, this viewing was instead to bring something minor beforehand into the light. The galaxy-like markings that usually plagued his torso and arms had completely infested his arms to unveil scars that had been hidden by the design of his outermost layer. Five puncture scars along his chest, and multiple slashing ones along his back were uncovered for the first time in… well, years for the Angel. “When I say my life was anything but ordinary, I truly mean it. I easily spent eight… agonizing years as Alexandrite’s damned experiment like I was some form of lab rat.” A clenched hand hovered above the injuries as his teeth were grit, the phantom pains growing even more unbearable. “I can still feel the rebar… those twisted bars of metal piercing through me, keeping me trapped and bleeding. She continuously harvested the ichor from my veins, I was her holy grail… the way she’d become the world’s most dangerous chimera…” Onyx spoke with a soft voice, a hard contrast from the heavy one he upheld moments before. These memories were painful to this day…

Roje.png
Anthem Anthem
Using him as a cleans- WHAT THE FUCK? That was the last thing she needed to hear coming out of his mouth. Over the course of a few moments, he revealed her attempt of becoming a Chimera. Roje thought she had seen it all, experienced kidnapping, murder, time travel, and all. But this, this was putting the cherry on top in terms of crazy shit she's heard thus far. Onyx removed his hairband and had even pulled himself from her trying to put some distance between them. At first she was going to grab him and pin him once again, but instead he started to...Strip? Okay I didn't know this was gonna take that kind of turn. The vampire thought as he exposed his body to her, the stars shifting to his arms and revealing the flesh underneath that was severely scarred up in ways that she knew had to be painful. With furrowed brows, she examined each one before coming closer to see each one while Onyx poured out his backstory. Fuck, he really went through hell didn't he? Lifting her hand gently to his chest, her fingers glided across the slashes and felt those punctured ones that were textured. They didn't heal nicely for someone of his caliber but somehow they still brought character to him. Shown he wasn't as flawless as he appeared to be.

"It's painful to relive those memories. It's even more painful knowing that you'll always have a reminder." Roje mumbled under her breath "Treated you less like a brother and more like an outlet for her own selfish greed." Normally she didn't talk soft, she was cut to the point, a pain in the ass, sarcastic and more. But to this? She had Sympathy with torture. Between having her neck snapped multiple times, forced to drink Virvane... While she couldn't compare, she could surely share in the sense that torture is no fun game. Maybe to some masochists but definitely not her. "There's one thing you haven't realized. If you were coming to New York to start fresh and get away from her," It wasn't hard to connect the dots. Who else would run to NYC to start fresh from the shitty bottom? "I don't think she knows you're even here." Lifting those hazel eyes from the scars that decorated his skin, they locked onto his gaze instead "This means you have time to either flee before she notices, or you can work with me and we can prepare you to fight against her. If that's something you're wanting to do." Not everyone wanted to battle their abuser, only simply leave and disappear like a ghost. Which was entirely understandable.

Dropping her hands, she then brought space between them by backing up "If you chose to leave the city then I can get you help. Not a big deal. You'll be under the radar and by the time she finds out you were here you will be long gone." Walking over to her desk, she pulled a different bottle from her tray that rested upon the desk and looked at it. "Just say the word and it'll be done." Grabbing a glass on said-tray, she poured the liquid into the cup while her back remained to him. While it would be sad to see such a gem go else where, it would be in his best interest to go if he was as terrified as he expressed just moments ago. I'll have to get my brother myself. It would just be a little bit different and may require different firepower. Nothing I couldn't handle. Bringing the glass to her lips, the Vampire took the liquid down with one gulp and let the alcohol warm her core. This is why forming connections was the one lesson she learned. Not to get attached. Just live life and have fun and don't die is how she got around. "Before you think of fighting me, I can handle it if you wanted to dip."

Muscles tensed and skin shivered as Roje’s touch gently glided across the tattered skin, Onyx remained silent with the concept of past pains still floating in the air. The words she spoke hit the bullseye, he wasn’t a child of the name Eventide, but a plague upon their house via his very existence. Emerald was the only one who treated him as a person and not a foreign force that reminded them of previous happenings, of names that wanted to be forgotten, but yet the angel remained a reminder. The starry markings that had retreated to his hands and forearms quickly returned to encircling his torso like a serpent, his dress shirt was quickly put back on to cover his upper body. His golden orbs locked with her hazel gaze, pain still staining the color of his irises as she spoke. “The fact that she’s in the city means that she can eventually follow my trail, so I won’t be safe for long.” Especially with how careless he was at times, showing off his wings in her club and even on the streets when he had met her. There was no doubt that Alexandrite would’ve caught word of “Lucifer” being in town.

Was running a good idea at this point? Was there anywhere he could run where the crazed scientist wouldn’t be just a few steps behind him? Even with Roje’s help, even with the resources her Mafia could provide him, he was still a marked man with a price on his head. There was no escaping the past at this point, in one way or another he was destined to cross paths with his half-sister once again. Onyx’s hands would slowly start to ball into fists as his gaze fell to the floor in front of him, his mind was made. Even if he had the choice to run, to get another clean slate in another new city, maybe a different country entirely… That wouldn’t stop other people from getting hurt, a new sense of pride started to scream within his mind as he looked back up to the vampiric girl.

“No. I’m not running anymore.” Bringing his hands together, the angel would crack his knuckles as a smirk started to flash across the face that had been stricken with fear just moments before. “You’re the best thing that’s happened to me for a while, and the fact that Alexandrite has your brother means I’m involved no matter what. So I might as well get my shit together and get ready to rumble!” Onyx pounded his fists together as the galaxy markings surrounded all of his skin once more, he would box the air a bit as his spirits started to rise above the lows. The young man would intertwine his fingers and stretch, leaning back as he loosened up everywhere, it had been a long time since he was in a decently fair fight after all! Golden-green orbs trained on Roje, the ferocity that was seen before had returned with a brand new intensity. “We’ll get your brother back, I bet my life on that.”

Roje.png
Anthem Anthem

The Vampire's back was still facing Onyx as he replied. He was right, eventually she would but she can't follow him across the damn world now could she? Leaning forward on the desk with her palms resting on the edge, she looked at the one way windows as the lights of the club were flickering. Thankfully she had these windows installed so she could see out but no one can really see in. Not unless you were pressed against the glass. While Roje had not glanced over her shoulder, she could hear his every movement and every thump of his heart from behind her with ease before he claimed he was no longer running. Well what a twist of events as he seemed to be going to face his demons much like she had instead of running with his tail between his legs like she had originally thought. Turning to him as he continued to be optimistic, she lifted her finger "I'm a bad omen like I warned you. Getting involved with me usually brings bad shit. Probably why your sister is here kidnapping my fucking brother." Then she clapped her hands together "Anyway, since you're gonna want to kick her ass, my best recommendation would be to use this time to sharpen up before facing her if she's as bad as she seems."

While he was pretty fit as it was, Roje was unsure of what he was capable of outside the bedroom. Did he have combat experience? Was he just a straight noodle? I'm going to have to kick up my training a notch myself. Being a fucking boss can be exhausting. Picking up the phone on her desk, she typed a few numbers in and pulled the phone to her ear before essentially whispering into it, though from his perspective it looked like her mouth was moving but nothing was coming out. Not like Onyx would be leaving the room even if she had asked him so she just left him there to be the confident dude he was being at the moment. Once done, she put the phone down in place and got off her desk "Since I'm not going to waste time," Roje pulled her phone from her pocket and looked at the time. Damn an hour and a half already went by? Fuck. "Time to start investigating and trying to find if my brother is okay. If he's dead do not expect me to be the same person. Putting it out there." Stuffing the device back into her pocket, she grabbed her jacket and slipped it on. Right now her brother's life is on the line and he was probably being tortured this very minute and that thought alone twisted knots in her stomach.

"I refuse to let him wait another minute if she's already being crazy with him." The vampire then went to walk by him and towards the exit to her office.​

“You’ve heard what my family is like, I’ve been dealing with bad omens since I was but a child. I can handle whatever your presence has in store for me, hun. I’ve dealt with enough shit, so I’m not surprised anymore with whatever comes my way.” Onyx would start as he looked down at his arms and fists, seeing the lights from the club gently causing different glitters and twinkling effects across his galactic skin. She was right, however, about having to sharpen whatever skills he had for this clash to come against not only Alexandrite but whatever fucked up Chimeras she had made of people foolish enough to follow her in her methods. He had some experience with brawling, primarily in very-close quarters situations but nine times out of ten he relied on his telekinetic abilities and great durability instead of genuine combat ability. “I hope you have some throwing knives within your arsenal, or something similar. I’m sure pens won’t be too effective against Alex.” The angel said in a lightly joking manner with a small smile, he certainly was feeling better than he was moments before.

While Roje was calling whoever she had to call in regards to their current… situation, Onyx would be looking out to the club with golden-green orbs that crackled with new life as he was starting to realize just what he was going to do. Years of abuse, torture spent in the dark to be repaid in blood and perhaps even by taking the life of the woman that was supposed to be his sister, not the beast she had made herself out to be. His hand slipped into his pocket and pulled out the flip-phone he acquired upon entering the city, the burner he had just in case of a situation such as this. Onyx’s gaze nearly pierced through the device with how he stared at it for a few moments before finally opening it and punching in a number he hoped he could have reached out to with better news than this. “It’s me… Not good Em, not good. Alex is in town and she has an innocent in her clutches again… Really? Are you sure?... Alright, I’ll see you when you come around. Love ya, bro.” The galactic boy smiled a bit as he put the cellular device back into the breast pocket of his shirt, his eyes training onto the vampiric woman as she moved to exit.

Like a pup following their owner, Onyx quickly reverted to his human-looking form as he trailed behind Roje. “He’s alive, she won’t kill him off. She would never give someone that release.” The young man mumbled underneath his breath, his steps were light, nearly silent as he stepped in time with the woman. His arms crossed as they walked, millions of thoughts circling within his mind as he prepared for the horrors that may lay ahead of their path now. “My brother, Emerald, will be in town in a day or so to help us out thankfully. He’s always been a better tracker than I so he’ll be of much more help…”

Roje.png

Anthem Anthem

"Throwing Knives? Well personally I fight with my hands. But if that's something you need then it's something that I can get made. I have some favors I need to turn in anyways." While she hadn't answered him before when she mentioned it, she decided to at least address it now. Pressing the palm of her hand against the metal of the door, she paused before pushing because once it was open they weren't going to hear anything. "Way to ease my worries there, Onyx. My brother is human. Knowing he's being tortured is the last thing I need." There was a lot of "last thing I need" statements being thrown around at this point. "At least we'll have backup, wish he could be here sooner than that. I don't like to waste any time given the circumstances." It didn't matter to her if Onyx was better or worse, as long as they had some extra hands there was no complaints on the matter. Pushing the door open, the music flooded into the hall before she started walking down the stairs as they could see the place already full with people who were living it up on the dance floor, at the bar, and more. She walked through everyone almost effortlessly. Roje was used to the place being packed and navigating herself through until they got to the exit. Of course she did check behind her to make sure that sexy Celestial was following along and didn't get whisked away.

Once outside, she noticed the sun was practically set and left just barely an orange hue at this point. "Good to know that took longer than I needed. Anyway, follow me. Got something I need to show you so make sure you pay attention." They walked down the street for a while, actually for a while to the point where they seemed to be in a more shady part of town. Though to be entirely honest, it was a section where other supernaturals hung out, traded, had dinner, and whatever the fuck else they did over here. Stopping at a crosswalk, she looked all directions before jogging across the street and into a shop that was obviously some tourist trap of "Fortunes". When the shopkeeper came into view, they seemed to recognize her immediately "Reeemember me?" She said with her arms spread out besides her as she approach the counter. "I'm here for that debt you owe me. Lucky for you it's not something crazy. Actually its something fairly simple." Roje could tell that the woman was nervous as she waited for her reply instead of answering the Vamp "I need you to make me some specialized knives. One that are laced with the worst curse, worst poison you got. Whatever the likes." Roje jerked her thumb back to her partner "Whatever he wants on those knives you put on. On top of that, however many he wants."

Gesturing him over, she pointed to the woman "Tell her exactly what you want. Don't worry about it too much." Crossing her arms, she then glanced over all the props in the room, finding it funny that they liked to hide behind this. But to each their own she supposed.

Okay, maybe he wasn’t the greatest at being comforting in a situation like this but he really didn’t know what else to do at this point. The music of the club was a bit disorientating, but he was able to recenter himself after a few steps as he started to enjoy the vibes of the establishment. Some of the party-goers would notice him walking along with Roje, but that didn’t stop some of the ladies from pulling him a bit into a bit of dancing and earning a quick kiss on the cheek. Luckily he was quick to return to trailing the vampiric woman so when she looked back he was basically right behind her. He got whisked away for a moment but she didn’t need to know that all that much. “I’ll text him to see what he can do, he might be able to get here in an hour if he has all the right ingredients on him. I don’t understand his damned abilities half the time… some alchemy bullshit.” Onyx mumbled as he tilted his head back, not really paying too much attention to where they were walking since he trusted Roje not enough to jump him or something as stupid as that. At least this gave him the chance to text Emerald, now it was only the matter of waiting.

When the angel was prompted to walk to the counter after Roje made her entrance, scaring the poor woman, he had a kind smile despite the order he was going to make. “Two Blackhawks and Two Phoenixes. Preferably curse as having to recoat the poison is something I’m not a fan of-” His golden orbs were caught by the allure of a set of thick, steel needles on display behind the woman. A small smile would cross his lips as he pointed to them. “And those, only curse the knives. I’ll find other uses for the needles.” Receiving the needles in a fine leather pouch, the young man attached the bag to one of the belt-loops along his waist. His phone buzzed, causing the angel to quickly reach for it and examine the latest text. His orbs lit up as a grin stretched across his features once again, not because of his knives being in the process of being made… Emerald had simply sent a thumbs up emoticon.

Running out of the shop as fast as his legs could take him, Onyx would look down at the ground for a few moments before spotting a simple puddle of water. Bringing his thumb to his mouth, he would use his canine teeth to cut through a layer of skin and start a small stream of blood. He would hold the wound over the puddle for a few moments before pulling away, his golden-green eyes intently staring as a small smog started to drift up from the damp spot on the ground. Taking likeness to any fantasy story one would read from a library, the smog rose up to about the height of Onyx, perhaps just a few inches shorter before dissipating to reveal a person in… interesting attire standing where the puddle of bloodied water once sat. His hair was reckless much like the angel’s instead taking on the color of the night sky, his eyes took likeness to that of sapphires, and his physique fit much closer to a professional athlete’s build. Pushing up his glasses, the man turned to Onyx and put his arms out for the Celestial to promptly run forward and hug him intently. “It’s good to see you too, Onyx.” The angel held onto the man for a few moments before letting go, leading the man over to the vampiric woman.

“Roje! This is Emerald, my big brother and my partner in crime! Emerald, this is my-” Onyx realized his fatal error in saying the word my, the vampire wasn’t his girlfriend… would friend be appropriate? “My… Roje!” A rush of blush would shoot up to the angel’s cheeks and ears as he covered his face with his hands out of embarrassment. The mage would let out a small laugh as patted the vampire on the shoulder, his blue eyes filled with sympathy. “It’s a pleasure to meet you Roje, though I wish it could be under better circumstances. I apologize on my sister’s behalf for the trouble she is causing your family. We’ll get your brother back, I ensure it.” Emerald spoke with a sense of justice in his voice, his white tunic almost having a faint glow due to the streetlights. The brothers turned to one another, Onyx knowing the questions that were to fall from the mage’s tongue. “Have you kept well-fed? What of training your psychokinesis? Is this girl your girlfriend?” The angel sighed as he quickly answered. “Yes, Yes and no.” After the answers, Emerald seemed for the most part pleased…

These brothers were something else.

Roje.png
Anthem Anthem

Roje allowed him to order what he wanted and with a shrug at the woman, she used her hand to wave her off to go do that. Once she disappeared, Onyx was rushing out the door and with a slight tilt of her head she followed along with her crossed arms and watched as the scene unfolded before her. His thumb leaked fresh blood and she could feel her body naturally reacting to that sight of the fresh blood. While her body was able to avoid any reactions, something about his blood still continued to draw her in since well... He smelled of wine for crying out loud. Did he actually taste like it was a question that lurked in her mind. Eventually a man emerged from the puddle and there was basically a twin with minor differences. Well this is interesting. Another good looking guy summoned right before my eyes. I must be dreaming. Roje thought with a small smirk that planted itself upon her lips while her lover tried to introduce her. To which a laugh escaped her lips "Your Roje? We're gonna have to work on that a little bit more there, Sweetheart." Teasing him was always great, especially when he turned into a shy schoolboy who dug his grave a little bit too soon with a woman.

Emerald patted her shoulder and while she hated to be patted, she let this slide just once. "Yeah well, your sister is a fuckin quack and I planned to kill her with or without you guys since I got my own firepower buuuuut, hey, you're both here and no doubt know how to kick her ass far faster than I can." Moving her hands to her hips, she looked between the two as Emerald showed concern for his brother. Until he asked about Roje being the girlfriend "Pfft... You have a lot of questions there Emerald. Just got her about a minute ago. Just met Onyx last night, we hit it off and now we're buddies I guess you could say." While she didn't want to claim herself as a "Girlfriend" either, she didn't want to leave Onyx in the dust and at least let his family know he has a friend. Even if it was romantic or not. "By the way, Onyx, your weapons are gonna take a while. Not all of them would be an instant give-away. In case you haven't noticed, that was a witch. A special kind able to enchant items and create their own little concoctions." Waving her hand in the air in a careless way, she continued "We'll be back to pick them up. As for you," Roje pointed to Emerald "I can see where your brother gets his good looks. Nice job sharing some of the genes there."

A grin tugged her lips before those hands on her hips slipped into her back pockets. "While I would love to stand and chat outside in the middle of the street where every supernatural with good hearing could hear us, I'd prefer it if we head back to my place or the warehouse. Which you haven't been to yet, Onyx." Not only did she have a studio apartment, as well as a club, but she had a warehouse on the docks that gave her not only a good view of the bay but also the city. Perks of being a vampire with compulsion and being a Mafia Boss. Without waiting for a response between either of them, she instead began to take a walk in a seemingly random direction as it got darker and darker. While most people would be terrified of the fact they were in the dark, in a shady part of town, as a lady... Fear was not in her bones as she had eyes everywhere. Especially at night. It also didn't help she basically had two body guards at this point with the strength of armies at her disposal. While Onyx was more clear, she was a bit unsure with Emerald but since they were brothers she was certain they'd be going into the same egg basket. "So, tell me about your whole tracking thing here Em. Is it just instinctual, is it something you've done for a long time?" Glancing over her shoulder back at the pair, she then looked forward once again, her ears listening out for anything out of the ordinary while her head was on a light swivel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back