The Lucky 13 Tavern [Inactive]

emopoprock

emopoprock submitted a new role play:

The Lucky 13 Tavern - Come in, have a drink and relax

Here we have a nice little tavern on the outskirts of a town. The Lucky 13 is for all the outcasts and runaways to come and play. To get away from it all, if you will.
It's also a place to do business, whether it be legal or not. Many contracts are handed out, many items passed over for safe keeping. It's a place of secrecy and the ones who frequent know everyone and keep an eye on things.

No one knows when The Lucky 13 arrived and no one knows who pulls the strings. A robot is the bartender...
Read more about this role play... 
The tavern was quiet, it was still early. From around the bar came a human-like robot, he stood about 6'9, he didn't have any giveaways though. Except for his very mechanical voice, otherwise he seemed like a giant man with short brown hair and silver eyes. He told people to call him barkeep, because that's all he really was. He was put into the tavern to keep up with the bar and clean, along with Cook who as he name suggests cooked the food.

Barkeep opened the doors that led to outside and looked around with a faint smile, soon people would trickle in and keep him busy. At leas that was the hope for the day, sometimes it was lonely in the tavern. With no sounds except for Barkeep, Cook and the little bot upstairs who gave people their rooms. She was usually content with being upstairs though. Barkeep looked around quietly before turning on his heel and coming back into the tavern.

The giant bot went behind the bar and started to wash a glass with a rag, his life was a simple one. Someone would call out a drink and he would make it and take their money. Simple as can be, Cook was the same. Just shout out a type of food and within a few minutes it would be sitting in front of you with a drink next to it. The two bots prided themselves on being the best servers in the area, even though they had no idea about any where else. As far as they were concerned they were the best! 
The area surrounding The Lucky 13 was quiet, barely a whisper could be heard. The trees swayed lazily in the wind, the day was coming to a close and the night was about to be born. Signs showed here and there, a cricket chirping softly in the distance. The sounds of birds quieting to almost a complete stop. The sun kissing the horizon, and the moon started to peak over the opposite way. This was the time that peace sang out, if only briefly. A short moment during the day that the world switches, and becomes a whole other place. Not literally of course, but there was always something about night time...

Walking up the road from the direction of the town was a female, no older than 23 by the look of her. There was a graceful confidence that surrounded her, enveloped her entire being. She stood with pride. She had a tall frame, probably 5'9 but she was not stocky. No she was lithe, with graceful thin legs and arms, muscle rippled under her skin. Her hair was the color of the first snow fall, and eyes as green as spring leaves. She was beautiful in her own way but cared not about her appearance. This tavern was her favorite place to go, sometimes it was just her and the droids, who always kept her good company.

On this night she was having a bad day and nothing to do the next so tonight was all about her. Her eyes sparkled with mischief, she had no limits tonight. As she glided up the stairs she took a look behind her towards the city. What a shit place... I wish I could just stay here. Alas, she couldn't stay, she didn't have the money for it unless of course she worked there. Time and time again she had asked but the bots said they didn't know who created the tavern, only that they were there one day and told they were the sole employees of The Lucky 13. It never stopped her from asking though.

With a sigh she pushed the door open, breathing in the smell of the pine wood and the faint odor of alcohol. Her green eyes wandered over to the bar to see the large droid standing over the bar with a tiny glass in his hand. Well, small for him, in actuality it was a normal sized glass for anyone that was of normal height. She smiled and sauntered over to the man.

"Evenin' Barkeep. I'll take a glass of rum please." Her voice was like honey, so smooth and sweet but there was some tone hidden away that could barely be caught. It was something most just couldn't put their fingers on, but that was part of her charm.

"Good evening, the usual of course. For you anything." Barkeep smiled, his mechanical voice sounded almost friendly towards the female at the bar. She was Barkeep and Cook's favorite patron after all. They were built with intelligence and emotion, but chose to block out emotion because it got in the way. But with her, it was okay. She was of no threat and she treated them like they were normal.

The glass was slid into her hand, she took a sip. Her lips puckered briefly from the strength of the rum. Heat raced down her throat into her stomach and she smiled, the kind of smile that made men and woman fall to their knees. Oh tonight was going to be lovely, absolutely worth every penny she would blow. She leaned back and took a deep breath, her ears listening for sounds outside, but her eyes stayed shut. She just wanted to relax, maybe have a nice conversation and have a good time. 
Hostess sighed softly, she had scrubbed every room and put everything into its proper place. For now she was done with her chores and decided to go bother her brothers. She turned towards the stairs and skipped down them, her blonde pony tail swishing back and forth with every step. As she came to the final step she stopped when she saw the woman sitting there for just a moment. With a shrug she walked over and jumped up onto a bar stool. "Big brother, may I have a drink?" The little bot smiled up at the giant. He was really a big softy underneath that very serious, yet friendly look.

Hostess swung her feet and looked around, her eyes never fully falling on the woman next to her. Her curiosity was peaked but she didn't have to know. She did say she wanted to see her brothers and that was all, but something looked vaguely familiar about the woman. Ah well, it was of no concern to Hostess. "Cook! Do you have something good for me to eat?"

Barkeep raised his eyebrow slightly at the little girl that came from upstairs and smiled. He grabbed a small glass from under the bar and poured some vodka into it with some orange juice and put it in front Hostess. "There you are Hostess." As soon as he said her name it clicked in the woman's head and she let it be, without a single word. Barkeep patted Hostess's head with a smile before picking up his glass and began to dry it all over again.

Cook's head peaked around the corner of the door and he waved at Hostess. He nodded ever so slightly before darting back into the kitchen. Within minutes he was back out with a gourmet dinner plate. He set it down in front of Hostess and smiled at her, it wasn't like Cook to come out of the kitchen, but he did really enjoy Hostess's company. "Good?" His voice crackled and snapped, he was usually quiet so he didn't startle anyone with his very disconnected voice. He never minded around the other bots, but was usually careful to say very little when others were at the tavern.

Hostess squealed with delight at the meal Cook prepared and once she gave her nod of approval Cook went back into the kitchen. She ate slowly and with each bite smiled a little more, until it looked like she couldn't possibly smile any bigger. Finally she finished eating and leaned back into her chair, content and happy to see her elder bots doing well. After a few silent moments she looked over at the woman and tilted her head slightly. Thinking better of actually starting up a conversation she really didn't want to have she hopped off the stool and made for the stairs once more. She got her drink and food for the day, so now it was off to find something else to clean!

Barkeep watched her leave and turned to the woman. "She's the Hostess, she gives out the rooms and takes care of upstairs for us." He knew she would be curious about the random little girl coming from upstairs to get some booze and food, so he decided to tell her who that was. Barkeep's large hands set down the glass he had been drying for some time so he could bring the empty plate into the back. When he came back he dipped the glass Hostess drank out of into soapy water, then into clean water, finally he took his rag and went back to drying. He had a system and it worked for him. His silver eyes looked towards the door, hoping more beings would show up. It was a little lonely with only one person to keep him company, especially since he knew most of her stories already.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Brother, I should like to visit the tavern this evening." Aubin Thierro slumped against a great oak tree, watching the sky grow dark through the canopy of leaves. Above him, a man with raven hair was perched on a thick branch. He scanned the forest floor meticulously, every nerve in his body on edge. Dark eyes dashed to even the slightest movement and hope blew out as soon as it ignited--for 9 times out of 10 it was only a squirrel. Lips parted lending the element of taste to his senses. The evening air carried many scents with it--woodland critters, other creatures of the night, pine needles--but none of those he was looking for. Disappointment began to well in his chest, tugging on his heart like a lead weight.

"Then go on ahead," he replied shortly.

"Well, I would prefer it if you joined me. It's no fun to go alone you know. Besides..." Aubin pushed to his feet. "If there's no sign of them yet, chances are they aren't showing up tonight." Apollo bristled under his words, sitting silently. Obstinate. "Apo--"

"How can you be so sure? How can you give up like that? Is everything about getting drunk and sleeping with women for you?"

Aubin's face turned dark, his cheerful disposition giving way to something far more menacing. "You know damn well that I'm right. We've been out here for two weeks, spending every waking moment watching these woods. When they come home, they'll come home--but that's not tonight. And anyways you look like a damn fool. Now I've watched you fray every last nerve up on that damn branch and if you don't let go soon, you're going..." He didn't have to say it. "Now come on. Get your ass down here and let's head to Lucky's."

They walked silently; leaves, twigs, and footfall forming a symphony between them. Aubin admired the night sky above them with a smile on his face. The universe was incredible and intoxicating. Night was his favorite time and with good reason, too. Though Apollo--who walked with his brow furrowed and shifty eyes--would not always agree.

Finally, the light from the Lucky 13 Tavern illuminated their path and the brothers found themselves bathed in the cozy atmosphere of the establishment.

Aubin entered with a grin and waved jovially to the bartender. "Hey there, Barkeep!" He regarded the other inhabitants warmly and flopped into a seat at the bar. "Think you could start me off with some Jack? And, uh..." Apollo sulked into the seat beside his brother, staring darkly at the countertop. "How about something strong for my brother here." Sure, Aubin had only frequented the tavern on occasion but he always felt right at home.

The man swiveled in his chair to face the only other patron in the tavern. Well would you look at that, Apollo. Her hair was more brilliant than his own white locks and she had mischievous green eyes that--in the right light--probably sparkled something dangerous. Or so Aubin thought. He'd met many a beautiful women in his time and they all sold him with that same look. And with the oldest trick in the handbook, Aubin struck conversation. "Do you come here often?"

Apollo sneered at his brother's flirtatious endeavors. They were bad... But not usually that bad. You should have asked for some wine to go with that. Talk about cheesy. The man slipped a cigarette between his teeth and took a long, much-needed drag.

Please. I'd like to see you try.

Apollo smirked.

From the entrance came two men, one Barkeep had seen before. Ah yes, the moody one and the flirty one. They were usually good company though, and were usually there when on missions. Barkeep pulled out two glasses from under the counter and poured Jack Daniels into one cup and a special brew all his own, something strong just like he asked. It could knock a grown man on his ass if drank too quickly. With a courteous smile the large bot set the glasses in front of the men before continuing washing and drying glasses that already shone like crystal. "There you are sirs. Anything else for you?" His voice was polite and metallic. He knew that he would probably be ignored though so he set about his task.

The woman's head swiveled at the sound of footsteps coming up the stairs and into the tavern. So it wouldn't be a lonely night after all. She looked the men over carefully, calculating silently to herself. It was a habit really, sizing up whoever walked in... just in case. They seemed to have their minds on other things. She sat back, one hand holding her rum, the other falling lazily into her lap. She watched with amusement as the raven haired one lit a cigarette in frustration and pulled as if his life would fall apart if he didn't.

Green eyes followed Barkeep's movements as he made their drinks and set them down. The cheerful one turned to her and asked a question. Her lip quirked up a bit at the corner, oh what a cheesy line from this man! She took a careful sip from her rum, deciding how to go about this conversation. As she set down the crystal glass she turned to the white haired man with a dazzling smile and an amused gleam in her eye.

"Well, actually I do. Just about as often as I can get away and have a good time. How about you boys? Come here often?" Her voice dripped honey, smooth and sweet. Her eyes fixed on the speaker and leaned forward, her chin falling in her upturned palm against the bar. Her eyebrow raised slightly for the reply from him. This was bound to be an interesting night. Who knew she wanted to unwind and this pair would come in, with one of them all ready to be entertaining. She took a slow, steady gulp from her glass before setting it farther away from her towards Barkeep to be refilled.

As he filled it she leaned in and asked him something, he nodded and laughed slightly. The man turned and grabbed a few wine glasses, filled three with red wine and set them down. "Now then, this sets the mood a tad better doesn't it?" She laughed softly, the sound like wind chimes being blown gently in the distance. A light, happy sound that rang out so pure and true that it was hard to tell if she was joking or serious.

Scruff shuffled down the road from the city to the tavern. Despite her slightly disheveled appearance, it had been a good day. She had recently taken a job as a waitress in a dingy diner in town and the patrons were tipping well. It had been ages since she was able to afford a trip to a bar so tonight she figured she might as well treat herself. A few of her customers had mentioned the tavern in whispers earlier, peaking Scruff's curiosity. As she continued down the road, she wondered what kind of characters she would run into.

Hugging her leather jacket close to her small body, Scruff finally saw the building come into sight. It was almost disappointing how quickly the tavern was coming up. The night sky was dancing before her and the wolf felt right at home here in the woods. However, she was just as excited to finally feel alcohol running through her veins again. She closed the gap between her and the bar, looked around once more to admire the picturesque view before her, and then opened the door unceremoniously.

The immediate influx of warm air hit Scruff like a brick. She paused for a moment in the doorway to let her dark eyes scanned the room. There were far less people than she expected, only three patrons and the staff, but she didn't mind. Her heavy boots pounded against the floor as she made her way to the bar. Scruff smirked slightly as she noticed the wine that her cheery patrons had before them. "Cute," she said huskily, turning to the barkeeper, "but could I get something a little less...elegant? Jack and coke please."

With that, the wolf planted herself on the stool next to the smoking man. She took a cigarette of her own out of the pocket of her ripped jeans and stuck it between her teeth. "Hope I'm not interrupting something," she mumbled mostly to herself as she pulled out a Zippo and lit up the smoke. With a long drag, Scruff settled back lazily into her chair. Tonight was a night to relax, and it looked like it was off to a good start.

"Thank you kindly," Apollo murmured to Barkeep as he took the mystery drink in his hand. The first sip was, to say the least, a shock. It ripped down his throat like fire or ice or worse... But if it was anything--it was certainly strong. Barkeep, Apollo came to believe, was not messing around when it came to mixology. Especially in flavor which, the man noted, was impeccable.

Aubin, less adventurous when it came to drinking, sipped at his Jack Daniels and watched the girl with bright eyes. He watched her lips move as she spoke, her eyes light mischievously, and her hair sway with her movements. She really could have said anything and had him hooked--but something said that this one was different from others. She was witty. "Not often enough," Aubin replied. "If it were up to me I'd be in here every night. It's a nice change of scenery from what I do all day. And, most importantly, I get to acquaint myself with lovely women like yourself. I'm Aubin, by the way. This is my brother, Apollo."

When Barkeep passed around a few glasses of wine, Aubin took his graciously, with amusement in his eyes, and nudged Apollo playfully. He was too jubilant to be embarrassed by its implications. "Well, to tonight then?" He raised his glass and took a big swig. Eventually he could drown out embarrassment--and moral expectations--completely. If he so wished, anyways.

She's clever. I'd be embarrassed if I were you.

I'm going to pretend that you didn't say that.

It was then that another woman breezed into the bar. Apollo smelled her scent immediately--he had been searching for this all day. But she was, unfortunately, from a different pack and not the wolf he was hoping for. His heart sank again. She took the seat beside him and mumbled something beneath her breath, but Apollo was sharp. "Not at all," he replied quietly, and drank from his wine to soothe the burn from his first drink. Then, curious, he looked at her. "Actually, you could be the start of something. May I ask brings you here tonight?"

Leave it. We're not the only wolves in these woods, you know.

Curiosity killed the cat, not the dog.

Scruff sneezed suddenly into the crook of her elbow. Long walks through the chill night and lack of sleep must have given her something reminiscent of a cold. Her throat felt raw and her sense of smell was all but gone. Smoking cigarettes probably didn't help much in the physical sense, but they did always seem to make her feel better one way or another.

She turned to face the dark-haired man who answered her, a bit taken aback by the fact that his ears had picked up on her muttering. His hearing was certainly sharper than the regular patrons at her workplace. Scruff studied him silently for a few seconds before answering his question. There was something familiar about him, that expression he was wearing on his face. He almost reminded her of someone, but she could not quite put her finger on whom it could be.

"The start of something, you say?" She took another drag from her cigarette. "I'm sorry buddy but I highly doubt that. I'm just working in town. Trying to make enough so I can eat and feed my addictions. I'm only in here tonight to try to forget about that for a while."

At that moment, Barkeep brought Scruff her drink. Turning toward the bar, she smiled politely and nodded her head toward him before taking a gulp. Nodding approvingly, she made a mental note to come here more often. This was the best drink she had come across in a long time. Taking another swig, she swiveled back around to face the dark-haired man again.

He seemed to be curious about something, but Scruff didn't know what. All she knew is that she would probably disappoint him. Still, that sense of familiarity refused to leave her mind. "What about you? What brings you here? If I may ask that is." With that question, she took another drag and watched the smoke float up and away from her.

The woman smiled as the white haired gentleman spoke. They sure were a curious pair, and she wondered to herself what their job actually is. It was far too soon to ask that now unfortunately, so maybe she'd be able to convince Aubin to tell her later. Although she had had Barkeep's mixture of 'something strong' before and that could be all he needed to let loose for once.

She sat up straight, her body a picture of pride, as always. She had this habit when actually giving her name, she had to say it with pride because that's how she felt. Simple as that. "I wouldn't mind seeing your faces here more often. You should come here more often, unwinding after a hard day never hurt anyone, right?" She paused, taking a sip of the rum. She sighed contently before looking back at him. "It's quite the pleasure to be in your company as well, charming. My name's Cecilia." Cecilia flashed that smile again, her teeth seeming to glow with their own radiance.

As the wine got passed to each of them she watched the brother's and laughed into her hand. Aubin rolled with every punch and loved life, Apollo was far too focused on work. It weighed them both down, it was noticeable from when they walked in, but Apollo wanted his work to be done and didn't care how long it took. Well seems like I'm just going to pick them apart. Ah well, better knowing what I'm getting myself into. They are good company though. Cecelia's eyes followed Aubin's glass as he took his first sip, she raised her glass as well and took a sip. Wine poured down her throat, it was by far the best she had had yet. She couldn't help but close her eyes and let the flavor wash over her like a wave. As her eyes opened they stayed only halfway open, she looked like she was in an amazing dream, "To tonight."

As the wine glass touched the bar the door opened. She didn't need to turn her head to know it was a female, but she turned to see anyway. Green eyes looked the woman up and down, a slight turn of the corner of her mouth. She looked like she needed a good time as well, ah the life of the overworked! Nothing like it, nothing at all. She walked past everyone, her tiny frame going to sit next to Apollo. She needed a few drinks to get some of the weight off of her shoulders, well maybe if Apollo felt nice he'd buy her something, it seemed like they were going to be buddies for the night.

Cecilia took a slow and steady breath, taking the time to actually take everyone's scents in. She never really was a fan of knowing it all, but Apollo's sudden change was rather odd, and something must've caught his nose in order for that to happen. She nodded almost to herself when she figured it out, but not one to judge she moved to the seat that was previously unoccupied and right next to Aubin. "So, Aubin, what do you like doing for fun?" The white haired woman had slid both of her glasses in front of her and took a sip of her wine, her eyebrow quirked slightly as she awaited his answer.

A large man walked slowly towards town, his head up and searching for something, or someone. He stood at about 6'4 and was solidly built. He wore a pair of newly dirtied jeans and a ripped black t-shirt. He looked like he had just been in a very intense fight, whether or not he won couldn't be determined by his look. A large tan hand reached up to run through his dirty blonde hair, it had been a rough night. So many damn people looking for a fight.

As he rounded a slight bend he saw a tavern. The Lucky 13, he'd heard tales of this place. A tavern for all to come and relax, a strange little place nestled in the woods. He sighed heavily hoping that it wouldn't be packed. He had enough of rowdy people and wanted a drink and some peace. As he approached her heard the faint sound of voices. Well I'm already here, might as well go in. His large hand pushed the door open slowly and he slid in with minimum sound.

He approached the bar and asked for something strong from the bartender, within a minute a drink was set in front of him and he set down a few coins. He took a sip and smiled, now that was a drink. His grey eyes looked over the people at the bar, taking in the faces. 2 males and 2 females, my what a party. He walked over to a table set with two chairs and sat down heavily. He set the tall glass down on the table. His elbows hit the table softly and his head fell into his hands. He massaged his temples gently. Stupid mutts. One of those damn wolves scratched me. At least I got the money they owed me. Maybe now that pack will think again before trying to double cross me.

The large man fumed in silence. He had lent a young wolf some money and never got it back, so he took it upon himself to go retrieve it. Stupid kid made the mistake of calling his buddies in on the fight, and that made the man angry. When he was angry things didn't go well for the beings around him, in this case a bunch of them ran back to their den with their tails between their legs. A smile made its way to his face as he pictured them running. That was satisfying for Milo. They'll remember that they can't take on a bear after that.

He gulped down half of the glass and leaned back in his chair and looked up at the ceiling. His grey eyes focusing on a single knot in the wood. His head tilted slightly in thought. He was content in his isolation for now, but he would probably get up soon to join the bar and maybe have an actual conversation. Who knew though. Milo's plans often went awry, hopefully this night he could just relax though. He was done with drama, at least for a little while.

Cecilia sighed softly, it seemed as though her company wasn't really interested in talking after all. She stood and stretched, her body popping slightly. She looked over at the new comer, a large man with dirty blonde hair. She nodded at him before walking out onto the porch, drink in hand. She took a deep breath in and let the night air swallow her in it's quietness. She had a job to do, but she really didn't feel like following through tonight, maybe though. Things weren't as fun as she hoped they would be.

She took a long gulp of her rum and let the fire warm her stomach. She set the glass on the railing and leaned over slightly, looking at the flowers on the ground. They were arranged beautifully, with all different vibrant colors and a variety of species. They helped make the place more homey, well that's what Cecilia thought anyway. Another sigh escaped her lips and she downed the rest of the glass. She might as well get on with things.

She walked back into the tavern, set the glass down on the counter, paid for her drink and then left. She would probably be back within a few hours after the job was done. Her job wasn't going to be a huge hassle, it never was. As she walked out she winked at the large man sitting by himself, she knew him from a long time ago but forgot how exactly. It didn't matter whether he was friend or foe, Cecilia just wanted to say hello in a provocative way. Why? Why not?!

She glided down the steps of the tavern and made her way away from the down. Going towards the forest between this city and the next. In the forest she would find what she was looking for, she already knew it. And the one she was looking for had stopped and thought himself safe, which was what she was waiting for all along. She just wished for a better challenge than this.

Within minutes she was gone, her body melding with the forest scenery, her footsteps making no sound at all. It was like she wasn't even there to begin with, just a whisper of what was.

This role play has been marked "inactive". Inactive role plays are defined as "role plays showing 0 activity within a 30 day period".

Please contact an @Rp Moderator if you feel this was a mistake or if you would like to have your role play reactivated.

Thank you for your participation within the RpNation!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back