The Lap

MikeOQuinn

I can't seem to find a reference to this place in Scavenger Sons in the section about the South or the West.

Is there any detailed information available about this place that I'm just missing, or is it a build-your-own-adventure locale?

I have asked this before.  Apparently the only book that has anything on the Lap is Time of Tumult.  I don't know about Autocthonians, though.

Seiraryu said:
I have asked this before.  Apparently the only book that has anything on the Lap is Time of Tumult.  I don't know about Autocthonians, though.
One that I don't yet have. Will have to pick that one up. Good thing I got paid today.

MikeOQuinn said:
I can't seem to find a reference to this place in Scavenger Sons in the section about the South or the West.
Is there any detailed information available about this place that I'm just missing, or is it a build-your-own-adventure locale?
Exalted: the Autochthonians has a reasonable amount of information on the Lap.

Pretty much, the only places to find any information on the Lap is Time of Tulmult and Exalted : The autochtonians.

I think they forgot to put the Lap where it whould have been (like in the DB book or Scavenger sons).

I know I heard that a long time ago, when I was doing my Solar game, about the time DB and Scavenger Sons came fresh out of the oven, I believe. There were mentions that the Lap is the place where most of the food used for the Realm's armies & some of the population come from. Burn the Lap to the ground, and the Realm will have a crisis in its hands.

Of course, the garrisons at the Lap have not faltered as they have elsewhere for that very reason, and attacking an army of Dragon-Blooded could be interpreted as being fairly stupid so... Tough luck.

Yes, the Lap is the bread basket for the Realm and it's armies. Time of Tumult has a little information in it, but Auto has far more information on it since it the center of the Realms defense against the Locust Crusade.

I find the expanded Locust Crusade very interesting, but I won't read anymore into it because I'd rather play through it than run it.

MikeOQuinn said:
The books Time of Timult and Exalted: The autocthionians are good references, just as others have said.  

It's also a gigantic source of farm land and food, also already said.  

Easy to defend, very valuable.  Already posted.  

The reason it's called "the lap", and not posted, is that it's vaguly man shaped lump in the south-western portion of the world map; west of paragon, north of gem.  That man shaped lump is a mountain carved to look as a meditating monk.  The city of lap is built ontop/inside of this statue.  Also, at the top of it, according to Games of Divinity, Houses of the Bull god, and Autocthionians...  is a manse for Swan Dragon.  

More details will have to be purchased.  Not my favorite city in the game (yay nexus!), but still neat.  

-g3

You made my soda pop!

I just ordered the Auchtochthonians. How is it for reference material where geography and culture is involved?

It has some information on Lap's culture and stuff, but it is not very detailed, as it focuses on the possible consequences of the Locust Crusade.  Personally, I was not pleased with the campaigns presented.  Hardback Exalted books aren't supposed to have campaign idea, and I would have rather had more information on the Autochothonian society and the vast world-god that is Autochothon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back