• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Hunt for Mermaids

One of the black suited divers lifted the dart gun up to aim at the mer, and pressed down a button. Once it was pressed, a slight hissing sound buzzed in the water as a bullet shot towards the hiding pair. The divers held their breaths, suspended in the water, as they waited for the impact of the sedative.

Meanwhile, Idora and the captain were taking their meal on the veranda just outside of the captain's quarters on the Stranger. They were idly watching the waves, and rocks and hoping for the sound of the divers surfacing with good news. The pair were tense, and nonspeaking. Idora was sitting up straight as though tied to her high backed ornate seat by invisible ropes, and the captain was lazy with one leg draped over the arm of his chair as he ate a few bites at a time and sipped at a large goblet of amber colored wine.

They needed a catch and soon otherwise talk of mutiny among the crew might resurface and the brother and sister did not need that dissension.

Aron had just finished his chores, once again as he had to clean up after the other pirates on board as they were far too lazy to clean up after themselves. He was working on doing the dishes a couple of pirates walked up to him, a bit threatening as most pirates didn't enter the kitchen, even less talk to him if there wasn't anything important to talk about. "We haven't gotten a catch in ages! I say we need a new leader," The pirate said as one of them picked up Aron, holding him on the table in one place.

"You're on good terms with the captain right? Tell me, where is he right now?" The pirate asked him, as he tried to struggle out of their grips, but they were simply too strong for him to handle. It bothered Aron as he thought the captain was a good man, and very good at what he was doing. Why would they want someone new? And why did Aron had to be their informant? "I- I'm n- not sure..." Aron lied, as he had just served Captain Millard's and Idora's meal a few minutes ago. The pirate threw Aron across the room, cursing as he only let out a small chuckle as Aron laid there on the floor.

"Never mind, we'll find him on our own. We don't need the help of the maid on the ship. The captain's job is over, and we'll take over in no time," the pirate said to him as they stormed out of the kitchen, and Aron couldn't think of anything else, but to tell the captain. He needed to tell the captain right now, but as he stood up and was about to exit. The door was locked, it wouldn't open! "O- Open the door! S- Someone! O- Open the door!" Aron shouted, as he banged on the door with his arm slightly hurting from the throw.

Halia stared in terror as the gun was suddenly shot, and even though it was silent ad wouldn't kill her, she was still horrified.

She shut her eyes tightly as the dart went into her side, piercing through the thin clothing around her torso.

The divers came forward like sharks and surrounded the mers, two on each mer at a time. They grabbed them by the wrists and swam back up to the surface. The noise of them surfacing mere feet away from the Stranger made Idora and the captain look out toward the sound. "A male and female, today is a good day," Idora said with a smile toward her brother.

About the same time as the divers were rounding the ship to board with their catch, a group of five sailors barged into the captain's quarters and then out onto the veranda. Their apparent elected leader took up a threatening stance, and aimed a musket at Idora's head. "Ahoy, there captain. We're taking over now. If you'd be so kind as to leave this area immediately, then no harm will come to your sister's pretty blonde head."

The captain looked up at the mutineers with hateful eyes that said he knew it all along. Before he could say anything, Idora had sprung from her seat and pressed a small sharp dagger to the leader's throat.

"Tsk, tsk, little man. It seems that you know me not. You will be the one to leave, or I will have your blood. Savvy?" She placed a slow kiss to the man's cheek, and wiggled her fingers at him as they all of them left the captain's quarters.

(It would make them like pass out or whatever right?)

Halia was limp the entire way to the boat, and frankly, was pretty light.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back