• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Hinotori: rp page

OOC
Here
Characters
Here

NeonFlow

The one who made Aerth
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
It was unusual for the Firebird bar to be so full, though when the King of Tonairie visits one would expect him to have guards and soldiers to ensure safety. Especially in these dangerous times.
King William Dragharta came to the Hinotori seeking assistance in the coming war marching towards the land of thunder. The information provided is accurate, from those loyal to Tonairie and from lands beyond.

"it is the Mekkah, somehow they have the loyalty of Redaz. I've no accurate guess as to how, but somehow they have united the countless tribes, gangs and clans that make up the desert into following the Mekkah flag."
King Dragharta spoke outloud to those sitting at the table, admittedly the Hinotori was missing many of its members. Some on missions, others unable to arrive in time. Those at HQ are certainly enough not to sneeze at however...
Current leader of the guild Terry Savaage,
Toxic fang Waboe Shrouda,
The versatile Gunnvor Veryk,
Lightning speed Vigor Latom,
The Summoner Melanie Xalima...

Yes only four members of Hinotori managed to be here in time for what was stressed as Urgent. But four out of thirteen isn't to bad... The king of Tonairie might disagree but what would he know.
More than the guild, which is why he's explaining what was discovered by those to survive the brutal encounter.
"the desert scum is not the true threat however, it is the Mekkah who have control and support the Redaz invasion from a distance. The damage of these new weapons are unlike anything we know of..."
The bombs that leave eternal flames to scorch the land forever, Swords that can only be described as demonic, Warriors shot from distances so vast none have seen what causes the massive holes in said corpses. With what little is known about the Mekkah empire, it is well known that their magical weapons have always been unique. The first battle puppets were created there...

It's believed the Mekkah have created these dangerous new weapons and are provided unnatural bombs and swords to Redaz invaders...
Long story put short the king says something along the lines of;
"i ask the Hinotori to please assist us in this coming war. To halt the enemy long enough for Tonairie to fortify it's borders, to learn of these new weapons, to join me in leading the Thundara army against our enemies..."

"King Willy, its not like I will up and move the firebird bar just cause of some silly war. Ashi Wakit would rise from the grave to right me himself if I was to abandon the guild. Besides, we won't get paid if Tonairie was to fall to the Mekkah."
Terry laughed heartily and finished a large mug of ale in one gulp before continuing
"i admit it would be better if more of us were here but this lot is more than enough to set the groundwork down... Kiilay will show you out, you can leave the payment with him."
Once the king and his crowd had left the guildmaster quickly started planning the job.
"How long will it take for you lot to leave? If what Willy said is true then Redaz has already started probing their neighbours... The small countries allied to king Willy would most likely surrender and betray us if it meant avoiding devastation. I think us being their would keep hope alive, boost morale long enough to withstand the sand"
Terry went to retrieve a handful of scrolls and started writing new orders to be sent out, Waboe was first to answer. "we leave tonight on foot we could reach Halae within four or five days... that's alot of ground to cover quick though. If we mount up it'd be quicker but we'd get spotted im sure of it."
Waboe coughed before swiftly adding
"i don't like the idea of taking old Storm into battle anyway, Kocooes are fast but even horned wolves can take down them birds"
===============

Yall in firebird bar after a two hour discussion with the king of Tonairie in regards to hiring the guild. Yall are free to chime in however, if you have questions please ask elsewhere like in the ooc or in a pm.

Some info for yall.
Tonairie is the country we start in, Halae, Salopi and Gurgot are technically apart of Tonairie but are regarded as their own lands.
Kocooes are large flightless birds, better than horses in terms of speed. Think chocobo.

BFabulous BFabulous
Xlos Xlos
Idees Idees
Yall good to post, post order is
1 2 than you, as in let two other people post before you go again.
Apart from that follow rpn's rules and have fun.

For anyone interested feel free to make a character in the cs page or ask shielin the occ.

Last edited:
Vigor Latom
1672704180841.png

It seemed that the others were in favor of hiking through the wilderness, but I wasn't such a fan of wasting so much time on a bonding journey.
"Can we risk going on foot? Who knows what could happen in an extra day or two of travel. Not to mention the time savings on our way back. We might be able to get away with taking the Kocooes. If we're worried about being spotted, I can use my observation skills to see if anyone is coming close. And if we need to fight, we can just leave the birds, right? Plus, Melanie will pout if she has to walk instead of just sit." I stole a piece of fried fish from the plate of Gunnvor as I spoke. I had already finished my food, and she hadn't been picking too much at hers recently, so it was the rational thing to do.

Last edited:
Gunnvor sat quietly in contemplation for moment, her eyes steadily tracking the movements of the others with a frown seated behind her expressionless mask. " I don't have an opinion on our method of travel either way." She stated blandy. " Vigor has a point. Can we afford to waste time on this matter? Is it not better to arrive at our destination as soon as possible?" Gunnvor hesitated, a brief pause before her eyes flitted to Waboe's briefly.

"Although I understand Waboe's concerns for the birds, especially in regards to the Battle wolves." Gunnvor finished her gaze settling back at her plate, her frown deepening as she gazed at the fried fish then at Vigor's empty plate. Was he still hungry? Gunnvor quickly examined everyone else's plate then baffled. When did everyone else finish their food and - judging by the volume of ther glasses - their drinks as well?

Terry made a large grunt of a sigh as his quill fell silent on the scroll. Taking a moment to think out a plan he answers...

"two of you mount up, two follow on foot. Scout ahead for anything suspicious but your main goal is to make contact with the leaders of Halae and ensure their loyalty. They may be talks of surrender when you arrive but put their fears to rest... if they still fear the enemy remind them that more Hinotori and the thunder army will be arriving soon."
Waboe smirked with a shrug unable to disagree. Its the best and worst of both options truly. Hinotori are known for travelling in pairs, the fighting spirit should rise when they learn that hope has come. Said spirit should soar higher when they learn reinforcements are coming.
"Sounds good, let's get ready and leave from the stables... don't be longer than twenty minutes"
Waboe spoke as if his orders were absolute before leaving to quickly get ready.
BFabulous BFabulous Idees Idees Xlos Xlos

"make me proud..."
Terry states without looking from his writing. He needs to send these messages urgent if the missing members are to arrive at the border in time to help.
========
New players would make these characters or other potential recruits who can "join" by impressing current members out in the wild

Melanie slowly munched away at her food, passively absorbing and interacting with the information presented. Her face revealed her thoughts utterly at the mention of walking her face twisted into a mix of terror and sadness. The very thought of walking all day annoyed Melanie to her core. Before Melanie could release her screech of discomfort, the meeting was abruptly ended, not that she was upset at all," Oh Vigor, I was upset at just the IDEA of walking, if I had to walk that whole way....I would attack them on sight as soon as I got there....Hmmm...With that being said, I'm gonna be a rider!" Melanie giggled at the image of her pouting. She pushed herself back from the table and turned to leave," I yall need anything from me, just drop by before we leave,"A yawn escaped her mouth,"I'm gonna go take a quick nap after I get my stuff together. Night night!"

Vigor Latom

"I'll ride as well, so I can scout for observers as we go." In fact, all of my things were already packed; I carry a lot of survival essentials in my scrolls and I try to keep them filled up. A bit of a habit from my time training as a hunter, since I would often go off on long trips in the forest. The habit had always been helpful in the Hinotori since there were many trips like this one, where we would go off on long journeys to hunt frequently. Melanie said she was off to take a nap.
"Alright, but if you don't wake up on time, I'll wake you up myself. Let me track your location." I grabbed her hand and invoked a spell so that I would know where she was at.
"Actually, I should try to get the locations of everyone on the team, so that we can know when they will show up." I went to Waobe and Gunnvor and tried to apply my tracking spell on them. I hung around in the tavern a bit before going to the stables to meet at the aforementioned time.

Waboe silently lingered in the doorway long enough for Vigor to do his magic, leaving to his quarters to ready himself. Drinking a full bottle of ale, changing from his robes into his gear, equipping the holsters for his weapons, his two tantos and his trusty axe, his bag of tricks and finally... the demonic tanto.

Despite it being wrapped in a sealing tape and not being drawn from its sheathe the demon speaks foul violence the moment Waboe grasps the handle to tuck at his backside. The demon is to be ignored until said power is needed but it is hard to ignore such a monster speaking in your head. Quiet beast.

Drinking half bottle of wine then a full jug of water Waboe used the bathroom before waiting at the stables to leave. Patting and scratching at his mount Storm, waboe gave thought to the coming mission...

Vig and Mel could arrive at Halae within two days if nothing pops up to distract them. Gunnvor and himself should be able to arrive in three or four days providing they travel using magic and effort.
Despite the caws of enthusiasm from his beloved kocooe the rumours of long ranged projectile weapons/magic? Was enough of a scare for Waboe not to endanger a friend. would rather jog and jump, probably harder to shoot me down then it would be Storm... ill ride you into the sunset, not into battle
Waboe smiles and makes small talk with the bird until the others arrive.

Gunnvor shrugged nonchalantly, before nodding. In a hoarse voice, she replied. " That's fine with me, I have no issues with walking." Gunnvor allowed Vigor to grab a hold of her hand to apply the tracking spell, before leaving the hall.

' Gotta back extra cookies... And paper.' Gunnvor determined, conveniently ignoring the fact that she carried a substantial supply on her already. 'I wonder if the others had considered food?'

Gunnvor entered her room and grabbed another holster from the dresser. She carefully packed another stash of paper, a thin cylinder of ink and a small tub of cookies. '

"I think that's all I need..." Gunnvor stated to herself softly. She equipped her holster and left her room, making her way to the stables. When she arrived, she noticed Waboe was already there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back