• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

The difference between each category.

Zareh

The Robot Roleplayer a.k.a Zendrek
Hello! I need help with something that I have a bit of trouble distinguishing with. I would like to know what is the difference between Simple, Casual and Detailed because they look very similar to me. I would also like to know where do I post a thread that involved both a fantasy and futuristic setting. I am planning to make an original roleplay thread based on some movies and media that I found such as Castle in the Sky, The Girl and the robot, Dog days, Chrono Trigger and so on.

So I would like some ideas/thoughts/answers on that please if you may, I appreciate it!

As far as where to put it, we generally go by setting. You say that it's a mix of fantasy and futuristic, but also that it's based on things? When there's multiple categories, the best way is basically pick fandom if it's at all fandom; if you're just plucking out bits here and there and it isn't really identifiable as a fandom, pick the one the setting is closest to. If it's mostly fantasy but has a few aliens or something, that'd be fantasy. If it's mostly futuristic but has some magical elements, that'd be futuristic.

Does that help?

Kaerri said:
As far as where to put it, we generally go by setting. You say that it's a mix of fantasy and futuristic, but also that it's based on things? When there's multiple categories, the best way is basically pick fandom if it's at all fandom; if you're just plucking out bits here and there and it isn't really identifiable as a fandom, pick the one the setting is closest to. If it's mostly fantasy but has a few aliens or something, that'd be fantasy. If it's mostly futuristic but has some magical elements, that'd be futuristic.
Does that help?
Yes, it is helpful. Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back