OLD RP - The Crownlands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Daimen Ashwood
Daimen's skin shivered when he saw the threatening look Talia gave him. He nodded "My apologies, my lady. It was wrong of me to make assumptions with no true evidence." Of course, he did not believe he was wrong at all. The way she acted, how angry she was after he had spoken those words made him believe he was right, but he had a hit a soft spot. Nevertheless, the woman's father was Rogar Bolton and he could end his family in a matter of seconds. Daimen needed to back away and try to calm things down for his sake and the sake of House Ashwood. "I am truly sorry, my lady. It seems I offended you and I had no intention of it. I hope you accept my apologies" he said and curved to her.

He thought about leaving and rejoin his sisters but he couldn't just turn his back to a high noble. "If you wish me to leave I will immediately" he promissed. Although he was acting like the blame was all on him, he was sure Talia was at fault. After all, she flirted with him and hinted like she wanted something more than a conversation. She did not think of him a single time, how uncomfortable he was or if he wanted what she wanted. She then, for a couple of seconds, opened herself to him and he gave his response and opinion on the matter, but she didn't like it and became angry and acted like he was the guilty one.

@SuperSpice

Elaena Targaryen
Elaena looked at Alya and raised an eyebrow. The woman clearly did not fear Elaena, proven by how she didn't even consider getting arrested an option. Elaena sighed, slightly irritated and said "You are lucky I just woke up. I am in no mood to spend my time answering for why I put you in a rotting dungeon" she said and kept walking while she heard the rest that Anya had to say. 'Darling' and 'little thing' but just who did she thought she was? Of course Elaena's question was answered so quickly that it annoyed her. She worked for Lord Jasper Arryn, the new Lord of the Vale much thanks to his father sudden death. Elaena moved to the right and entered one of the many gardens in the Red Keep. She ordered the guards to stay at the entrance and walked with Anya. "Little thing huh? Even though I am taller than you, richer than you and better good looking. Won't you agree?" she asked to the guards, who all quickly nodded saying 'Yes, my lady!'

Although it was rainning a bit, she couldn't care less. Elaena spend a great part of her life in forests, hunting and sleeping, so getting wet or dirty wasn't a problem for her. Elaena nodded and said "Lord Arryn huh? Your lord must be heart broken with his father's death" she said, half sarcastic. Many high nobles suspected Jasper did kill his father so he could win a throne for himself. Honestly, Elaeana couldn't care less. As long as he didn't stood in her way, she didn't care what he did with himself or with his family. "Although I haven't met him in person, I had some rumors about him. Most of them aren't good though." she said, only to see Anya's reaction. "So tell me Anya. What do you do for your lord and how is he as a person and as a lord?" she asked with a little smile, kinda trying to provoke her, daring her to speak with no manners again.

ailurophile ailurophile

[FONT= 'Courier New']Anya [/FONT]
divider01.gif

The conversation with Elaena was really starting to engage Anya, she smiled as she realised that she had finally found a worthy opponent in the walls of the Red Keep. It'd been a while since she'd spoken to somebody who was quite so... fun. Her conversations with Jasper didn't usually last that long, and many other people passed by her without saying a word past some little comment that made her roll her eyes. She was especially glad when Elaena left her guards at the entrance, without them present she could possibly get away with a little more. Testing the boundaries was something Anya enjoyed doing, it was amusing, and the edge of danger just made it all the more exciting in her opinion.
"Of course he's heartbroken. My lord is a strong man, though, and he's shouldered his responsibility very well," Anya became a little more guarded when discussing Jasper. For all her faults, she was pretty much totally loyal to him, after everything he'd done for her. It wasn't a shame if there was anyone else to put her trust in, anyway. "He's a wonderful lord. I wouldn't want to hear a word spoken against him." Careful, her words suddenly seemed careful, but that icy exterior melted away as suddenly as it appeared. She smiled mischievously and looked up at Elaena. "Oh, believe me, a little lady such as yourself wouldn't want to hear about all the things I do for my lord. It would be quite inappropriate." That answer would suffice, she decided, for it was easy to tell what she was referring to from the smirk her lips were pulled into.

JPTheWarrior JPTheWarrior

Elaena Targaryen
Elaena smiled widen when she saw Anya changing. Her posture and how she thought before answering indicated that Elaena touched a sensible topic. "Strong man, wonderful lord... You speak so well of your lord I might actually be envious." she joked and out herself in front of the smaller girl. She said "I wish my servants thought the same of my. But they are not liers and I am sure they would tell the truth if someone asked." she winked at her, kinda hinting by her voice that Elaena would never put 'wonderful' and 'Jasper' in the same sentence. "Since I am a good person and I am feeling kind I will tell you a secret little girl." she said getting closer to her and looking down so she could show Elaena was taller than Anya.

"I am not unfamiliar with 'inapproprate' things" she said and even whispered in her ear "You speak so well of your dear Lord, but what I heard from Lord Arryn is the opposite. Are you sure you are not lying my little dear? It would be... a serious crime to lie to someone of my rank" she said and took a few steps back. "But if Lord Arryn gives you everything you need, then who am I to tell it is wrong." she chuckled and continued walking "Follow me" she ordered one more time and looked at the flowers. "So Anya now tell me. Why aren't you with your lord of you are such a loyal servant?" she asked, a little smile forming on her face, though Anya couldn't see it since she was facing her back.

ailurophile ailurophile

divider01.gif

"Oh, I assure you my lady, I'm not lying," Anya's coy smile returned as she placed a hand in her own hip, relaxing her posture and raising an eyebrow in a way that was almost challenging, as though she was showing Elaena that she wasn't planning to be beaten quite so soon. "My lord is wonderful. To me. I couldn't tell you about how he is with other people, as I simply don't know." A lie. Anya could tell her many things, or at least explain how Jasper treated whores. Then again, she'd also slept with the little blonde one he'd blackmailed, perhaps she was no better in the end. An interesting thought, one to dwell on later.
"I am not with my lord because he doesn't require me right now. If he needed me, he would have called me to go along with him. I'm sure he has matters to attend to that I would only get in the way of," Anya explained with a shrug, dropping the hand from her hip back down so it hung near her side. She tilted her head to the side, her smirk appearing once more as she lowered her own voice to match Elaena's tone. "Besides, the things I do for my lord? Well, there is a time and a place for them. I imagine it'd be frowned upon in the middle of a wedding celebration. Speaking of the wedding, why is it that you are wandering the Red Keep? Shouldn't you be in the Royal Box with your family, my dear?"

Elaena Targaryen
The Targaryen girl nodded and decided that she no longer cared about Lord Arryn. Anya would not opend her mouth and tell some things of her Lord, so Elaena would have to maybe speak with him herself and see how the womanizer really was. "Of course I understand. If my servants were always following me I would go crazy" she explainned and kept walking until she stopped to sit on a rock made bench with enough space for the two girls. "Why would I want to watch men beating each other to look good in front of others?" she chuckled and shook her head "Sorry Anya, but I have no interest whatsoever in the melee. My family can do what they want that I couldn't careless. And it is not 'my dear' but 'my lady'. Learn how to treat a noble" she ordered. "Honestly I much prefer making a walk around this castle than go to that stadium"

"I am looking for something entertaining until the wedding finally comes." she explained "Lets drop the topic about Lord Arryn. I am bored of it now, the man doesn't seem as interesting as I thought he would be. She now looked up to Anya and said "Entertain me Anya." she gave another order once again. "This day just started and I am sure it will drag long enough for me to wish to jump out of a window" she sighed and shrugged her shoulders. "At least I have a commoner like yourself to try and distract me for a couple of minutes." she teased and smiled to Anya, venomous smile of course, for every single time she wasn't respectful to Elaena.

ailurophile ailurophile

divider01.gif

"I don't care much for titles, my dear," Anya remained stubborn, delicately perching in ththe edge of the rock and smoothing down the front of her dress. Even though it was nit the way their world was, she liked to think that people should earn respect rather than be entitled to it just because of the house they belonged to. Had she belonged to a house herself perhaps her opinion would be different, but she was common, as people never seemed to fail to remind her.
"Entertain you? I don't think I am all that entertaining," She raised an eyebrow, flashed a smirk, and arched her back, stretching her arms above her head. "At least not this early in the day. I usually get fun when it gets dark." Most of her days were spent lying around not doing much. She didn't have many duties to perform, very little actual servant's work, and so was idle most of the time. Easy, but so dull. Sometimes she wished she had more of a job, at least work would provide something to break her out of her cycle of boredom.
"What would you like to talk about? I have to say I don't know much about your family. Perhaps you could tell me about them?" It seemed a sensible conversation topic.

Ave Redwyne

Ave watched Walder as he spoke. He is such a handsome man. She thought. Not as handsome as Lewyn Martell, but almost so.
“I have asked my brother before, although he always refuses- profusely.” She began, “Austen is not known for his swordplay, but he is talented.”
Ave took a breath. “In his own right.” She added.
Her eyes lit up when Walder mentioned ‘giving her a hand’. You can give me something else, as well.
She placed her hand, that was not on his leg, onto his upper-arm. “That would be splendid.” She smiled, brightly. “So splendid.”

“When can we do it?” Ave asked him. She glanced at the gallant men in-front of Walder and her. Several men were out of the melee already. Or at least it seemed that way to Ave Redwyne.
She didn’t really care…

Aregelle Stark
Stark box, King's Landing

Perfume-The-Story-of-a-Murderer-perfume-the-story-of-a-murderer-32850625-160-220.gif

Putrid. Humid. Filthy. Few of the words that is running inside the head of the youngest Stark as she glances around her surroundings while walking to the direction of the tourney pit. The King’s Landing. The place is very much different from the North and what she’s seeing right now is very different from what she read from her books and even what Septa Jeyne told her. It was either the Septa was lying (or she has a questionable taste) and she hasn’t set foot in King’s Landing or she just wanted her to go. When most of the children her age believes in fairy tales, or believes in some handsome prince rescuing a damsel in distress while riding his gallant and noble steed, Aregelle Stark knew better. She knew when to be realistic. She hated those stories. Those poems and ballads about the unrealistically created characters wooing the princesses from their towers. Really absurd and ludicrous. She’d rather hear something about tragic warfare and history than hear something about some beautiful singing princes.

And now, she hated those stories even more seeing that the King’s Landing is not exactly what is written from her books. The place is totally not what she anticipated. Those stories built her expectations, raising it just only to let her down. It was too crowded and she felt a little constricted just by looking around. Where the North was vast and wide, the King’s Landing is chockfull with buildings and little alleyways and people. They travelled a long time for this… view? Of course not everything in King’s Landing is abysmal. The infamous Red Keep has its own allure. It has its own meaning of beauty. It was timeless yet ancient. The garden she discovered earlier is somehow breathtaking too. She even saw flowers and plants that doesn’t bloom in the North. Besides, Septa Jeyne once mentioned something about the dragon skull somewhere inside the Red Keep. She reckoned staying at the Red Keep will not be as tragic as she thinks.

Her lips were in thin line as her grey eyes looked ahead while watching the game. Her red hair is in perfect ringlets, her pale complexion accentuated her red hair. In all honesty, she doesn’t want to go and leave Winterfell. She doesn’t want to go and leave the North. Period. Aregelle doesn’t care about some stupid wedding. She doesn’t even know who’s going to be wed. All she knows is some young dragon and some stag she honestly forgotten the name. She wanted to stay but all her siblings were going, and Septa Jeyne, a very strict but kind woman, told her that it would be very disrespectful to ignore the invitations of the crown. She loves and respects her, but sometimes the Septa can be a little too annoying when she’s right.

Aregelle ignored her father’s instructions when he told the children to leave. As much as she hated the tourney, she continued on sitting there while watching the group of men wearing armors while waving their blunt weapons, hacking and slashing it around. If it wasn’t for the light rain, Aregelle might go and visit the garden once more. Alone if she must since she’s not exactly that close with her cousins. She could ask Lyara but her older sister might have something else in her mind. Besides, she believes that watching the melee is a better option than tagging along with them and listen as they talk about some random boring things. While her cousins, along with her brothers, left their seats, Aregelle stood up and leaned closer to the railings, inspecting the tourney as close as she can while cringing at the same time as the men in front of them tries to fight their own way to victory.
TheAncientCelt TheAncientCelt TheFordee20 TheFordee20 ailurophile ailurophile
(I dunno who else are in the box.)

Elaena Targaryen
Elaena chuckled and got up from the bench. "You should dear Anya... You see, titles can easily save you like a shield would from a sword swing." she winked at her and started walking back to the guards. "Only at night? I refuse to believe you only serve as company in bed" she stated and an idea came to mind. She didn't like the melee itself, but being in the company of her family wasn't that bad. Anya also seemed like she was bored, so why not bring Jasper's servant with Elaena? That would be fun, specially if Lord Arryn was also there. Elaena stopped moving and turned around, looking at Anya's eyes. "Let's go Anya. Why talk about my family when you can see them in person? Some of them are boring but others can be interesting. Not as much as I am, but they will serve for today. Follow me" she ordered and went for her guards.

She did not look behind to see if Anya was behind her. If she was good, it meant she had followed her order. If she did not obey it, then Elaena would probably make her pay a bit later. Of course, she wouldn't like hurt or something, but even Lord Arryn had no power against Elaena's words, or at least, that was what her naive self thought. Elaena kept moving through the infinite halls and corridors of the Red Keep until she finally reached the gates that led outside.

ailurophile ailurophile

Vickon Greyjoy
The Kings Box
"Oh yes, everything is fine Princess Vaella, I just wished to have a quick chat, mayhaps we could continue are little conversation later if you so wished.." Vickon paused to look over the side of the Kingsbox and into the tourneyfield, where he spotted Dalton engaged in combat, it seemed that the boy had already lost his horse. Although despite that, Vickon did not doubt Daltons ability to put on a sound performance for the greenlander lords to show the strength of the Iron Isles. He pointed out his son with his index finger extended directly at the location of Dalton, "Thats my boy there, Dalton his name is. I don't think you have met him before. I hope you will keep your eye on him, he is a fine young man." Vickons face twisted ever so slightly at the awkwardness of the situation at hand. He was supposed to have the Princess meet Dalton and get to know him better, get her to warm up to him. But even now he found it hard to bite his tongue to avoid spitting it out in his usual blunt manner.
"Have you ever been to Pyke Princess Vaella? I would assume not being someone of such high importance... The Iron Isles tend to breed a rougher kind of man, I hope its not too much to ask but I would ask you to be patient with Dalton. I believe that you would be quite charmed by the good he is capable of." Vickon was not necessarily lying, for all of Daltons faults, his morals were not one of them. Despite being a reaver of course, he has his own strict code that he lives by, the boy does not loot and he does not raip. But even the most steadfast believers of the Iron Price did not lack respect for Dalton, for that simply meant more loot for themselves.

ailurophile ailurophile

[FONT= 'Courier New']Vaella Targaryen [/FONT]
divider01.gif

Vaella followed Vickon's gaze out onto the field, trying to pinpoint who the man was looking for, but didn't land on the right person until the man pointed and picked out one participant in particular.
"Dalton," She echoed the name as though trying it out on her tongue for the first time, and paused to watch the man for a few moments. After watching the field she returned her attention to Vickon, growing steadily mor curious about the motive behind their conversation, but not being able to find the right words to simply ask him outright. Instead, she smiled and placed a gentle hand on his forearm, "As we haven't formally met, I shall have to take your word for it. I'm sure he is a wonderful young man."
Her smile continued to be genuine as she stole another glance towards the field, trying to pinpoint Dalton once again. Only when Vickon continued to speak did she look back, fixing her gaze on him.
"Pyke? No, I can't say that I have. I have heard plenty of things, though, good things," Not a lie, not necessarily the truth either. As with most places, the things she had heard about the Iron Isles fluctuated in how positive they were. Still, it wasn't enough to put he really off-- and besides, the Greyjoys were pleasant people.
I believe that you would be quite charmed by the good he is capable of.
Vaella narrowed her eyes a fraction, growing suspicious that there might be more to their talk than just a friendly greeting, exchanging pleasantries. As she spoke she looked back at the field one more time, albeit only briefly.
"You know, my lord, I'm beginning to think you have an ulterior motive for this conversation," She gave a soft laugh, a warm sort of sound that showed she was not angry, but merely curious. Sometimes she wished she could read minds! She finally moved her hand from his arm to run her fingers through her fair hair. "Or am I just being overly curious? Tell me, my lord. Please?"

ODELLA ARRYN
bf43eaa713fdca25978e6d1ae8d68302.jpg

Snorting primly at Samurel's suggestion, Odella turned to meet his eyes.

"As if anyone would believe that."

And then Ivana Baratheon made her way over, and Odella tore her eyes away from her servant to meet those of the lady's. The Baratheon was known for a most interesting of moods, so Odella was unsurprised by the pregnant pause that accompanied her stop before them. It was an expression of both interest and blatant annoyance, and it was almost child-like in the way the sentimentalities played across her features. And then they were being let in, the servant beside Odella being addressed as an after-thought for Ivana.

Tilting her head ever so slightly to feign the respect the Baratheon was entitled too, given that they were in her box, Odella put a smile to her lips as the Baratheon pulled her hair loose. Eyes momentarily slid over her brother - sitting between two ladies - the resultant was a brief spasm of her features, that if one blinked they would miss. Then the smile was once again back.

"Odella Arryn," her eyes slid to those beside her, skipping over her servant as he didn't need an introduction. "and my brother, Rodger."

Fanning her face with her hands as if momentarily taken by heat of the box, Odella fumbled for a seat, coincidentally sliding between Jasper and Ivana in one fluid motion. Whatever Jasper's reasons for engaging with the Baratheons - despite there being one blindingly obvious one - Odella resolved to foil it in even the smallest of schemes.

"Apologies Lady Ivana, the heat must be getting to me," Samurel over with a hand, Odella instructed him.

"Get some water for us."

She met Ivana's gaze once more, disregarding her servant. "you don't mind, do you? It's so rare that I even get to sit beside my dear older brother."

Fixing a smile to her lips, Odella met Jasper's eyes momentarily.

Last edited:
Samurel
Samurel chuckled "I am sure people would, if you were as good of a lier as I hope you are" He said backing away when a female voice called them from the Box the two had been trying to enter for minutes now. Samurel bowed to the woman, Ivana Baratheon, and was about to answer the woman's question, but Odella spoke first, introducing herself and her brother Rodger, not even once mentioning her hired assassin disguised as a butler. Samurel was a bit angry at her action, but did not show it nor opened his mouth. Fortunately, Ivana also invited the guy and he finally found a moment to speak "Thank you, my lady. You are most kind" he bowed once again.

He followed the two Arryns, never once leaving their back. When they entered the Box, Samurel immediately noticed Jasper betweem two women who he guessed were Ivana Baratheon and Lysa Baratheon. Samurel waited to see where Odella would decide to sit. What he wasn't expecting was the fact that Odella sat next to Jasper. Sure her original plan of coming here was to make sure her older brother didn't do anything stupid and shameful, but her actions were to hasty and Odella's objective looked now obvious. Samurel sat behind Odella, like a servant would do never once speaking to others.

However, the moment Samurel sat on one of the wooden benches, Odella ordered him to bring water for her and Ivana. Samurel stared at the woma for moments. He did not raise an eyebrow, nor did he show any fury and his only words were "Yes, my lady". He did hate call the others that, but in this tight space between the most powerful families in Westeros, he needed to swallow his pride and keep acting like a noble and kind butler. Samurel got up and walked out of the Box. He asked the guard who was at the entrance of the royal box where he could find a jar of water and cups. The man pointed him to a table where a royal servant was standing and he nodded.

Moments after, he had four cups piled up on one of his hands and the jar on the others. One cup for Odella, other one for Ivana and he even brought two for Lysa and Jasper, who he figured would also want to drink something. He reached the box and entered. He placed the cup on the bench and poured fresh water in two cups. He then grabbed the cups and stretched his arms towards Odella. "Here you have your water, my lady" he said again.

Azalea Azalea ailurophile ailurophile Obi-Wan Kenobi Obi-Wan Kenobi Hypnos Hypnos

Lewyn
After the man had yielded and Lewyn had streaked across the field he had made it a good quarter of the way around the field, putting him halfway towards the swarm of men with little interruption. Once or twice some had turned their heads towards the sprinting knight but he blew past them, his goal likely clear at this point from the way he angled at the Lannister group and for a moment it seemed he would get there with relative ease now that he managed to pick up speed. However just as he passed the halfway point he suddenly heard something, several heavy something as many pairs of hooves thundered at him as he realized there was an entire group of fighters baring down on his head. He turned to see an entire group of Hightower knights barreling down on his head and if he had any doubt they were targeting him by the time he looked one was already apon him, low to his horse. He hardly heard his battle cry as he turned his body just enough to meet the lance as he didn't have time to bring his shield down to block completely, instead bringing down hard on it as it was about to hit him, deflecting it from him but straight into his unfortunate horse.

The horse screamed as the lance shattered against its upper back and suddenly it was falling and so was he as a sudden sense of vertigo hit him. Desperate not to be trapped under the larger animal, or worse tramped by the Hightower that just unhorsed him that he threw himself from the horse, barley managing to clear himself from it as he hit the ground hard, the mud causing him to slide a bit as he hit the ground with a heavy impact, rolling to disperse some of the force as the mud half helped him slide away from the chaotic collision and for a moment he lay there taking stock of his sore shoulder and the ringing in his head that had appeared though he manged to not land head first. He thought he heard someone shout but then again there was a lot of shouting but this one stuck out to him, like a ripple in his distorted thoughts that stirred him. Then suddenly his eyes snap open and he forces himself himself to his feet, his foot nearly slicking in the mud but managing to stand steady as he glared at the knight who had knocked him down. "Another private army?" He would say, scorn heavy in his voice as he tried to cover up any lingering shakiness as he looked at the man likely still astride. "Who are you?" He would question, loosening his shield on his arm hidden from view as he prepared in case the knight charged again.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nymeria
Nymeria smiled. "I'm sure my cousin would be quite happy to hear such a beautiful woman cheering for him." She said, teasing the princess. "That is if my brother can tear his eyes off Celena Lannister for more then five seconds." She thought to herself with almost a bit of rancor before shaking her head. That wasn't fair, she didn't know about her brothers feelings because her brother had not decided to tell. Anyone close to him already knew of Lewyns feelings for the Lannister but he himself had said nothing to the woman herself. She was not angry at the woman, but rather angry that her brother refused to say anything even though his feelings were obviously strong, due to a misguided sense of pride and inferiority that seemingly came into place when the Velyron Laenor took Celeans affections. Since then Lewyn had become stuck and no convincing thus far had convinced him to move forward. And she could see how words from Celena could ethier raise him high or send him to the pits of despair. Lewyn was not usually this emotional and she had become worried about how she might affect him. However these thoughts were temporarily distracted as Vaella excused herself to go speak with the Greyjoys, who she had been unaware arrived.

Staying seated she reached over, wrapping Vaella in a tight hug quickly before letting go. "Of course my lady, ill see you later and regale you with what you missed." She said as Vaella departed from her, turning back to the field in time to see a large group of knights baring down on Lewyn, causing her brows draw in confusion which turned into alarm when she saw that her brother had yet to notice them. "Look out!" She cried out, unable to stop herself but naturally he didn't hear her from so far in this commotion and he was hit and thrown from his horse, causing Nymeria to cry out in to herself in concern gnawing at her till she saw Lewyn stand, facing down the armored knight and while she couldn't see his face she knew it would be set into determination. He would face down this knight and win, but could he really win against so many surrounding him. She found herself biting her lip nervously as she watched the first, gripping her chairs arms as she waited for the fight to truly get underway.

Rodwell Stark
The Tourney Grounds, Kings Landing

Rodwell was, quite honestly, stunned by what he heard coming out of Alys' mouth, even if he'd only partly heard them. He didn't what anymore? He'd found what on the way to the capital? Rodwell's expression turned to disbelief, and he was silent for a moment, simply looking straight again and placing his hands behind his back. Around him the guards busied themselves with brushing off peasantry, and all the others were too absorbed in themselves and each other to pay much attention to the two loners at the back. "The very suggestion of that wounds the both of us, but this is no place to speak of it. In short, I still love you, of course." He took her hand in his and moved to break away between two guardsmen who were facing away from each other. With his other hand he fished for a Gold Dragon from his purse, in case he needed to press it into the palm of a guard.

@SuperSpice

Lysa Baratheon
Baratheon Box, Kings Landing

Lysa sat mostly passive as Ivana and Jasper moved about, content to watch. She'd have to politely decline on the wine, though. She'd read tomes presenting speculations that alcohol damaged your health, which she wanted no part in. Her eyebrows shot up at the mention of Ivana and Jasper having not just met, but gotten drunk together. That did not sound like a safe situation for her sister, especially with the reputation that Lord Jasper has earned. Her eyebrows came back down, then further as the guard outside drew their attention once again, and yet more Arryns waited outside. Ivana cupped the cheek of the young boy outside, eliciting a nonplussed reaction, then a frown as Ivana turned away. It was amusing. Somehow, the frown only served to make him look younger.

The small group of Arryns moved to settle down, as the woman, Odella, conspicuously sat between her sister and Jasper, Odella's brother Rodger shot Jasper a dark look and sat between herself and Jasper, and the servant stood faithfully behind Odella. The servant was immediately dismissed to fetch some water 'as if that was difficult in the middle of rain'. Rodger moved very rigidly, very upright, trying to give off the presence of a lord. It kind of worked, for Lysa, although it was mitigated by the fact that he looked like an adorable twelve year-old. Lysa had to thank him for setting himself between her and his brother; while having his attention on her was pleasant at the time, in hindsight it disquieted her.

ailurophile ailurophile JPTheWarrior JPTheWarrior Hypnos Hypnos Azalea Azalea

Daeron Targaryen
Royal Box, Kings Landing

Daeron nodded along as his daughter spoke. "Yes, Vaegon. A fine man, that one, although..." He turned his gaze to Gaemon, and the little boy beamed again at the attention. "Hopefully you'll be a more patient one than Vaegon." Daena directed a glance over to Visenya and Aegon, and Daeron followed her gaze for a brief moment, sizing up the situation and decided that he needn't intervene, yet. From what he'd heard, it'd do good for Visenya to talk to someone she didn't know too well. He held back a frown at Visenya's blushing. What, exactly, was Aegon saying to his granddaughter?

At Daena's inhale, he turned his eyes back to her. "How are you, father? Have you managed to catch any of my siblings yet? I thought they'd all have beaten me here, but that doesn't seem to be the case." That was a fine point. It also brought him to the logical next step of wondering where his wife was. Probably just off socialising, but an irrational pang of worry in the back of Daeron's mind briefly darkened his thoughts. "I don't know where they are. Off handling their own business, like the adults they are, I suppose." he said, bluntly. "I would like to see my wife sometime soon, though." he opined, some grumpiness creeping into his tone as he let his guard down around his family.

ailurophile ailurophile (again, lol)​

Axell Tyrell
While he was standing at the entrance of the box, Axell noticed the big crowd at the tourney grounds. Many people had gathered and some were still arriving. In the meantime the Melee had started, Axell didn't really care. In the distance he saw the Hightowers walking from the Lannister box towards Axell. First he greeted the lord of Hightower "Welcome, my friend and no problem, good thinking of you. My rest had been good, but sleeping here isn't like sleeping in the Reach right?" He smiled at the lord of Hightower "How have you been my lord? And please, sit down and eat and drink something, we have brought the finest from our marvelous region"
Then his attention was turned towards the heir of Hightower, Anthor, Axell could see that he didn't really like leaving the Lannister box. The Tyrell nodded back to Anthor "Welcome, Anthor, please sit down also and drink something of the finest wine while watching the melee" After greeting the wife of Anthor he noticed another person arriving at the Tyrell box "Please excuse me" did Axell say to the two Hightowers before moving on to the next guest.

The new guest had been noticed by many people since he brought such a large guard with him, counting quickly, he counted around fifty men. "A pleasure, my prince" after a quick but not unrespectful bow he shook the hand of the Targaryen. For now, Axell wouldn't make a comment about the large guard of the Prince, of course he knew of the prince conditions

@SuperSpice WanderingJester WanderingJester

Walder Tyrell
Walder smiled to Ave and nodded when she mention her brother didn't have a lot of skill with a sword "Not all men are born for the sword. But I am sure Lord Austen has many other skills" he said, his eyes moving away from Ave and looking in the direction of her brother. Moments after he looked back at her, now noticing that she had placed her other hand on his upper-arm. He didn't thought anything of it though. Sure it could be considered that she was flirting with him, but Walder learn that he shouldn't judge people if he doesn't know their true motives. Elia on the other hand wanted to punch the woman for trying to hit on her dear brother.

And she would probably have said something if the Targaryen Prince didn't show up at the Tyrell Box. Both her and her brother suddently got up from their seats bowing to the powerful man. Aegor seemed like he wanted to talk with Axell Tyrell only. Another person had came to their Box, Anthor Hightower along with the rest of his House. Walder and Elia also greeted them. Walder sat again next to Ave, not so close as they were just recently. Maybe three or four palms away from the Redwyne woman. Walder thought a bit, trying to find a perfect place and time to teach Ave the basics of swinging a sword.

"I am glad you like the idea. I will have you decide a time and a place. Unless it is in the middle of these special events, I am probably avaible to teach you when you think it is better" he said and looked at Elia "You don't mind do you my dear sister?" he asked and Elia wanted to say 'yes, brother, I do'. But she just shook her head and looked back to the stadium watching the fights.

TheFordee20 TheFordee20 Yarrow Yarrow WanderingJester WanderingJester @SuperSpice

Leanne Lannister

In the time following the events of the morning, Leanne had shed the silk robe for a garb more fitting of the occasion, a simple, yet elegant dress of pale cranberry fabric. Dark locks fell her back in one rippling wave of gold. The colors, however, did little to distract from the limp ailing the Lady of Casterly Rock’s usually measured steps. She leaned heavily upon her husband, free hand wrapped about his waist in a gesture that was equal parts affection and need for an anchor.

As her husband helped her into a seat –depositing a kiss on her cheek as he turned to exit – the lady of Casterly Rock surveyed the area about herself. She recognized the exiting Hightower’s from past acquaintance, perused over her closer extended family with a critical eye (Celena, with Tiber’s dear aunt Cassie, and a couple of other only faintly familiar faces) before she allowed herself to examine the drama of the arena once more. Disinterest in the melee and the less then appealing activities within it led to her skipping over the battles that involved the unrecognizable faces, instead reserving her attention for Martyn.

Her brother-in-law was surrounded by a squadron of opposers, Leanne taking an incredulous breath at the magnitude of attention the Lannister name garnered. It was unsurprising, given the wealth of there house and prestige, but all the same worrisome. Although Leanne knew little of the rules of these melees, knew even less about fighting, she recognized her brother-in-law’s prowess on the field and didn’t doubt his ability to defend himself. The conversation nearby orientated around this topic of interest, and Leanne stood, wincing as she got to her feet.

She was a little more then shocked by the coldness of Roland Wild's tone as he addressed Celena, although she knew the older warrior likely was speaking from a place of experience. Steadying herself on Celena’s shoulder – although she covered it up with a one-armed embrace – Leanne addressed the girl.

“Celena, love, your brother is perfectly capable, and more then accustomed to the attention the Lannister name generates. So don't worry your pretty head about it further." she didn't think it right for her sister-in-law to be worrying about her brother the whole melee, not when so many other things could be occupying her attentions. "tell me, Celena. Have any knights caught your eye?"

Rhaella Targaryen

Apprehension had stirred Rhaella stomach’s as she’d arose that morning. But she’d faulted the churning in her stomach to be a direct effect of the horrendous weather and had made her way to the royal box with very little in the way of thoughts. The tid-bits of conversations Rhaella could observe were decidedly dull, said girl instead allowing her eyes to follow the unfolding of events within the field enclosing the melee.

Disappointingly enough, there was little to be observed in the ways of combat as the competitors on the field did little other than survey one another and make unfruitful attempts at taking out the bigger names on the field. There were no legendary battles, no truly equal competitors in terms of skill had sought one another out as of yet. a short huff of annoyance was quick to exit her lips as she pushed the bannister of the wall aggressively, almost tearing her dress in the celerity of the movement.

Patting down the pale fabric with a cursory glance in the direction where her father usually – that is would’ve been were it not for the illness, Rhaella mentally scolded herself for her lack of lady-like behavior. She envied Vaella, with her easy grace, a negligible feat for said girl to accomplish. at the thought of Vaella, she found herself searching the box for her sister.

She’d seen her beside the Dornish girl earlier, but she couldn’t find her now, perhaps she’d joined another box or... and there she was – in conversation with an iron islander, easy enough to recognize by the vulgarity of there dress and the bulky awkwardness of their conversation.

Rolling her eyes in spite of herself, Rhaella stepped beside the Dornish girl, catching her reaction to one of the warriors within the tourney being knocked off of his horse. Now this was an interesting bit. Rhaella leaned forward a bit to catch the most of this drama.

"Is he your brother? He seems capable enough..." a feeble attempt to draw the Dornish girl into conversation, but one nonetheless. "but having to face down so many..." she shook her heads at the odds.

Aegon Targaryen
For a moment it almost seemed like the girl wouldn't reply, just watching him wide eyed as it became aware she was very evidently shy. Though if that was just because his title or her general attitude towards strangers. He couldn't help but notice both the adults had noticed him and were watching him with varying levels of suspicion though neither of them moved to intervene... Deciding it should be safe to continue their conversation he turned his attention back to Visenya who was complementing him in such an awkward way he couldn't help but smile. "Thank you for the compliment lady Visenya, indeed the celebrations around a wedding are quite enjoyable though that actual event leaves me a bit nervous." He said with a smile, as he claimed to some nervousness as a way to make her feel less awkward. Though he was far from afraid from the marriage itself, and more nervous about the actions that would follow it, a night of red steel and fire and blood.

Turning his thoughts away from that he focused on the girl in front of him as he sat next to her, obviously getting comfortable to listen for at least the moment. "A wedding represents a big change in ones life after all, and an even bigger change for a prince. It represents the union between two great families and two lives. We will carry the events of the next couple days for the rest of our lives, so i suppose a little bit of nervousness is hardly a surprise." He said, shaking his head. "Enjoying the melee?" He asked with a questioning look. "Its quite a chaotic thing, can be hard to keep track of sometimes." he says, his eyes temporarily moving to the battle.

Nymeria Martell
Nymeria was so focused on the field that at first she had never heard anyone coming behind her but when Rhaella spoke she turned around startled, blushing slightly as she realized how unaware of her surroundings she had been. She took a moment to examine the girl and quickly figured she must be one of the Targaryen girls, very few others had that kind of coloration to their hair and from what Cayden had told her about the royal family she could make a passing guess at who she was, but decided not to assume less she offend her by calling her a different name. Instead she smiled a bit and glanced back out to the field, where her brother had managed to stand and despite being surrounded did not seem to be willing to give an inch. It was just like him.

"Indeed, the odds are stacked against him, not that's ever caused him to back down. He can be very stubborn." She said, evident fondness in her voice for the man on the field. She was nervous, that much could be told by the tiny twitch of her hand and the way she didn't want to tear her eyes from the battlefield but at the same time just talking about it seemed to put her at ease, as if someone watching brought back her composer. "My brother, Lewyn Martell, is the best sword in Dorne. He won't give in to those who only move in packs to survive." She said, half trying to convince herself before glancing at the woman, her eyes carrying a dose of coyness to them as she spoke again. "Now i suppose introductions are in order, its not every day a beautiful young woman, and likely member of the royal family no less, comes to speak to me." She stood, curtsying to the woman, moving with the grace of a dancer rather then the delicate movements of many noble woman. "My name is Nymeria of Dorne, may i ask for your name my lady?" She said, as she looked up the young Targ with her smoky gaze from under her long eye lashes.

JustJazzy JustJazzy

[FONT= 'Courier New']Visenya Celtigar [/FONT]
divider01.gif

"Nerves are only natural. I'm sure that you have nothing to fear," Visenya smiled gently, rolling her shoulders as though trying to loosen herself up a bit while she continued to talk, becoming a little less hasty with her words than before but still far from relaxed, "But I suppose that's the funny thing about fears, isn't it? Often, we're afraid of the things that we really don't need to fear at all."
Perhaps he did have cause to worry about his wedding, like he said it was a big event in one's life, but Visenya was trying to help in her own way. When he sat, the young woman seemed taken aback, her eyelids fluttering for a moment as she blinked rapidly, almost seeming a shock though she's couldn't believe her eyes. If he was sitting down, did that mean he was intending to continue their conversation for more than a few moments? Should she be flattered that she had somehow managed to hold such an important person's attention for any length of time? She certainly felt flattered, and was quick to perch beside him, her body angled in towards him so that it was clear her focus was devoted to him.
When Aegon mentioned the melee, Visenya pursed her full lips and cast her gaze back towards the field. Her reply was delayed as she suddenly became drawn into watching, observing carefully and trying to understand. It wasn't something that Visenya knew a great deal about, she wasn't a fighter and neither was her mother (not in a melee sense, at least), so she had never really dwelled on the complexities of such things. Maybe she was overthinking the whole thing and was about to make herself look even sillier by trying to spin a lie and make herself sound even remotely intelligent. Better to just be honest and pray he found her ignorance on that matter endearing rather than something to laugh at.
"I find the whole thing terribly exciting to watch, albeit a little frightening. I'm always afraid they'll get hurt," She explained, turning her doe-eyed gaze back to him as she spoke, "Although I must admit I don't know a great deal about fighting." With a soft smile she dropped her gaze to look down at her lap instead, stroking her thumb over the thin material of her skirt. "Do you enjoy fighting, my lord? With a sword?"

Jasper Arryn
Baratheon Box, King’s Landing​

Watching carefully as the faintest hint of a blush crept onto Lady Ivana’s cheek, Jasper smiled contentedly, his eyes adopting a hungry glimmer that had not previously been present. Even without his immense political acumen, Jasper doubted he would have much trouble bending the Baratheon Lady to his will, she was a simple creature: more childlike in her actions than one would expect from a lady of her standing, and were she a lesser noble, rather than the Lady-Paramount of the Stormlands, Jasper knew that he would already have had his opportunity to bed her. Alas, her high station meant that Jasper would require a great deal more subtlety in his methods if he wished to eventually court her, though judging by her demeanor after only a handful of interactions, Lady Ivana appeared to be a locked door to which he already possessed the key.

“You’re too kind my lady, I wish for nothing more than an opportunity to get to know you and your dear sister here.” He shot Lysa a quick glance, his eyes lingering for moment upon her ample bosom, allowing himself a second to admire the view before shifting his gaze back onto the girl’s sister. “and if that means prolonging our meeting in order to ensure that your ladyship does not drink more than her fill? Well then that is a burden I am more than willing to bear.” His laugh was fake, but not overly so. Lady Ivana’s insinuation that he might be given the opportunity to once again share a drink with her was enough to put the Lord of the Eyrie in a good mood, especially if she were as easily influenced by wine as prior evidence suggested. Perhaps they could draw the thick myrish curtains and fuck in this very box, it would certainly be exhilarating to bed a woman only a few meters away from the royal family of Westeros, though he feared it would likely put a stain upon his public image, especially if Lady Baratheon was a screamer.

Jasper took a moment to contemplate the picture that was forming within his mind, smiling as he thought about his plans coming to fruition. With both the Stormlands and the Vale under his wing he would be the most powerful man in Westeros, save the king himself and would be able to do whatever he pleased, fuck whoever he pleased. Before he could say another word however, Jasper was interrupted from his musings by the appearance of a familiar, yet not unwelcome sight: Odella Arryn, his sister.

Despite his otherwise fairly static views on women, Jasper Arryn couldn’t help but appreciate his dear younger sister, she kind, loving, smart and had a certain innocence about her that made her stand out in the cesspool of lickspittles and schemers that littered the halls of the Eyrie. He felt a certain amount of responsibility for her, and his younger brother too, though to a much lesser degree. Robert Arryn may have fathered three children in his time upon this earth, but he had been no more a parent to Jasper than the servants and carers whom the previous Lord of the Eyrie had paid to raise his children for him. Jasper liked to think that his younger siblings shared this mentality, and the Lord of the Vale believed himself to serve as a role model for the younger Arryns, whom they could look up to in place of their absent father.

“Sweet sister, dear brother, it is a surprise, to be sure, but a welcome one.” Jasper grinned as Odella squeezed herself down onto a seat, placing herself right by his side. It had been a long while since they had enjoyed a proper conversation and Jasper looked forward to reacquainting himself with his baby sister.

“No, no water will not be necessary.” Jasper waved his hand as Odella’s servant offered him a goblet. “This is a celebration, we are supposed to be enjoying ourselves. Let us try some stronger stuff.”

ailurophile ailurophile Obi-Wan Kenobi Obi-Wan Kenobi Azalea Azalea JPTheWarrior JPTheWarrior

“I have no idea, what you’re talking about. I keep to my oaths regarding women well.” He denied, albeit sarcastically. It was hard enough to stay away from beautiful women. It was more so difficult when they wouldn’t stay away from you. Oh how both the ladies of nobility and court must have wept years ago upon hearing “Handsome Albert’s” induction to the White Order.

In truth, Albert thought little of marriage, even in his younger days. Women were always an easy matter for him. No, he had much bigger dreams than becoming some lordling whose name everyone will forget a few years after his death. He wouldn’t be able to achieve anything in the world of politics. It was not his strength. Only through martial might. There was nothing more important to him than winning glory and recognition in his family’s name, as well as his. It was his dream for his name to resound all over Westeros and the far reaches of the known world.

“It was a personal choice, cousin.” He said as he looked at his cousin. “It wouldn’t be fun, otherwise.” He said playfully. “If I was afraid of failure, cousin, I would’ve stayed in Lannisport. Besides, it isn’t overconfidence if I can back it up.”

Albert put on his helmet as he listened to Martyn speak. “Jonos, lance.” He called for his squire. The boy quickly gave Ser Albert his lance as he made himself comfortable on top of his steed. “I wouldn’t be surprised if they all did, cousin.” He replied as he was making the final adjustments and preparations. It was about to start. The Hand speaking was a very clear indication. Ser Albert dismissed his squire with just a nod, telling him to wait safely for his return.

Hearing the Hand’s voice signaled that the melee was finally starting. In an instant, the riders went charging, their paths taking them to the center of the grounds. Martyn was not stupid, but he was also stubborn enough to meet any challenge head on. This made it easier for Albert to fight alongside him. Albert and his riders broke off from Martyn’s group and changed heading, swatting away the few stragglers his group met with ease.

It didn’t take long for Martyn to be surrounded by others who were probably smart enough to know they’d have bigger chances if they worked together. An encirclement was slowly taking shape, but Albert had already seen this happening before it even started. He knew from the start that Martyn charging head on would force the others to try and contain him. This was exactly why he broke off earlier and was now in a position to flank them.

With a single gesture, Albert signaled his men to charge at the encirclement at full speed. Albert and his men cut through them like a hot knife through butter.

“Well, I guess you owe me one now, cousin.” Albert’s smirk could be seen under his helmet. He tugged on his steed’s reins and charged off to fight others, leaving his cousin.

Albert and his men fought under a simple formation. Two would guard each of his side, while another would guard his back. This was predicated on the belief that he’d be able to handle anyone head on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread