• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic solitude.

Swoob

listen here bucko
We humans are the supreme meme machines.
Susan Blackmore

Welcome to the Solitude OOC thread! I'm excited to have you all join! The only rules on this thread are the RpN rules, so feel free to ask any questions, talk and have fun!

Last edited by a moderator:
@CloudyBlueDay

@KingHink

@Nooduls

@Noivian

@Milus

@simj22

@Caru

@plumeriaprincess

@Mintymallow

@Reinhardt

@Uxie

@SpectroVector

@Starry Night

@Sir Galahad II

@JujuBee

@missbrightside

@DrCompton

@Anomaly (ik ur just spectating but heres ur tag)

welcome brethren

so i put in a request for a rules and settings/locations tab and i would recommend waiting to make your characters until then as they will help a lot with getting a grasp on the world, but the code and everything is already up there if you want to just get some stuff down for now

additionally (and this is a pretty big point for a good amount of you), i will only be accepting 4 or 5 wanderers at a time. Tower and Scavengers will be unlimited and hopefully split rather evenly.

If you couldn't tell from it, all thread information will be in the theme of Adam Stoll's journal entries. Additionally, I will have a Notes tab later on for random entries I will write just for fun. I'll only be breaking character in this thread, and I suggest you all do the same. So, while I won't stop you, I'd highly recommend refraining from the advanced bbcode and graphic design for your character sheets and just filling out the skeleton I have. However, if you really want to, it's ok :P

i'm excited to see everyone's characters and i hope this roleplay will be a fun experience for all of us!

and to any newcomers who aren't in this massive tag list, welcome and same to you!

u guys sure do like utilizing that new rating option

Swoob said:
u guys sure do like utilizing that new rating option
the hype's real tho

giphy.gif

@Sugar Honey Iced Tea

Might wanna read the overview again. For someone who has derision towards 'detailed but not really' rps, you sure don't like to read a lot, do you?

i have returned

sorry guys went to sleep

@Sugar Honey Iced Tea sorry I couldn't answer your question earlier! Realistic or drawn is fine; I don't really care which style is chosen. As for what @simj22 pointed out (though you should be a bit nicer about it next time), this actually isn't a zombie roleplay, but more of a total apocalypse roleplay. The events that you mentioned in your background can still work if you replace zombies with something like a bright light or a sudden paralysis by the driver. Hopefully the lack of zombies didn't ruin the rp for you :P

Additionally, I'd like to refrain from having OOC messages in other threads, like the character sign-ups. If you could delete your first message, that'd be great. Otherwise, I'll delete it in about 2 days or so.

im so excited to see everyones characters while i desperately grasp for a concept myself c:

also, pick a number, 3 - 600

The character sheet has been updated with a new category, "Equipment," at the bottom, and an "Appearance" section under "Faction."

Additional information: Any picture is fine for your character, no matter the style.

The transition between worlds is rather instantaneous. It can be anything like seeing a bright light, getting tense, feeling deep fear, a sudden paralysis, or anything undeniably strange before immediately getting knocked out.

Most guns and valuables have been confiscated and given to faction higher-ups, so it is highly unlikely that your character will have one. There really aren't many valuable things left in the world, so your equipment should be rather primitive. Always keep in mind—we really are struggling to survive here.

Swoob said:
also, pick a number, 3 - 600
556!!!

also time to attempt to figure out how to work the character sheet from my ipad

sighs

you'd prefer if I used the provided code, right?

Uxie said:
556!!!
also time to attempt to figure out how to work the character sheet from my ipad

sighs

you'd prefer if I used the provided code, right?

i would, though if you're using an iPad, i can do the code for you c: you can pm me the details and i can input it into the cs or you could post it on the character signup thread and i can edit the information in

AYYYY and it looks like all my tabs have been added! I will update those momentarily so keep an eye on them everyone. Also, looks like the first random journal entry is going to be day 556!

Starry Night]I choose number 64 ;-; [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/19273-swoob/ said:
@Swoob[/URL]
sry, uxie replied first so that'll have to be the second note :<

also, all other tabs have been updated!

page 556 is up! don't worry, its written bad artistically

also follow that thread for any future pages c:

Nooduls said:
How are everyone's characters coming along? o3o It's so quiet
got an idea for them but im waiting till more people post so i don't steal anyones idea :P

if u guys need any help with your characters or have any questions btw feel free to ask me to help u, ive already given a bit of advice and its totally no big deal at all

also, i highly encourage discussing your characters here and giving each other opinions & feedback since its always helpful to hear from other people

@DrCompton your character reminds me of my favorite oc lol (he accidentally killed his mother and recreated her in his head so he thinks she's still alive and he didnt do anything); ill give u a full review in private as i am doing for everyone o/

I took a day off from school and it's time to be productive

and by productive I mean lay around coding all my CS

I was of the opinion that scavengers were. . . . . .

"The Scavengers are a mysterious group of people notorious for killing and raiding almost everyone they see. Not much is known about them—some speculate that they aren't even an organized faction. The land was dominated by them until recently, when a large amount of smaller factions agreed to a truce, took over an entire city and became the Tower Organization. They dedicate their power to countering the Scavengers and putting an end to their rampant savagery. Tensions have increased, and a haze of rumors whispers that something is going to happen."
Swoob

So I'm sorta curious how these 'friendly' scavengers are going to turn out. Are they not going to be antagonist?

Also, I suck at bbcode. I'm trying to be all unique and stuff but the proportions look laughably bad.

korigon said:
I was of the opinion that scavengers were. . . . . .
"The Scavengers are a mysterious group of people notorious for killing and raiding almost everyone they see. Not much is known about them—some speculate that they aren't even an organized faction. The land was dominated by them until recently, when a large amount of smaller factions agreed to a truce, took over an entire city and became the Tower Organization. They dedicate their power to countering the Scavengers and putting an end to their rampant savagery. Tensions have increased, and a haze of rumors whispers that something is going to happen."
Swoob

So I'm sorta curious how these 'friendly' scavengers are going to turn out. Are they not going to be antagonist?
Most Scavengers undoubtedly follow that lifestyle actually; I was going to say that. Scavengers can be "nice" people or choose not to kill people all the time, but all of them live by raiding others, and at some point, no matter how nice you are, you're going to have to kill them to defend yourself. It's a bit of a gray area in that regard, as what mainly defines Scavengers as evil is their method of survival (raiding and killing). Also, the leaders encourage these two actions, so excessive leniency can get you in trouble.

Scavengers can be nice, just not too nice. Basically, you just gotta watch out for yourselves at some point. Additionally, Towers can undoubtedly be evil.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back