• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Atramentous Sovereignty(Imapeople000 & PastelBeauty)

Imapeople000

Ludwig, The Holy Blade

• The Flowers of Eve, or so they are called, are the three fair maidens born of the king. Very little people have known of their life, except for those few and far between. Some of those people tell tales of the royal family. While many a rumors are spread from these tales, one tale happens to have stemmed from the truth... when the lady of the kingdom was born unto the old king, she was born alongside her twin sister. Both sisters were able to claim the throne whence came the death of their father. However, such a tale is told of the queen drowning her sister at birth, cementing the throne for herself...

Alas, ‘tis not what happened in it’s entirety. The queen did try so to quench the life of her sister, yes. However, her efforts were in vain, and her sister lived on...

It has now been years. Both the lady of the kingdom and her sister have grown, should the fable be accurate in it’s telling of time. However, the forgotten daughter of the old king hadn’t forgotten the treachery of her sister. She now sends a mercenary to the kingdom, to uproot the kingdom from which her sister had barred her so from entering. And so, the story must be told on...

Last edited:
Ser Hrothgar Felicianius
Hrothgar looked upon the kingdom Eddenmar, a small field away. He was currently wearing his armor, in case the small camp he set up had been come upon, however, he would have to take off the Pakt dear Tränen when he went into the kingdom. Even while he had never been to Eddenmar, his armor was one of a kind, and he could easily be identifiable as someone who wasn’t a soldier. Although I guess I could just take off the helm... Hrothgar thought to himself. His helm was the most unique part of his armor, and once he took it off, it was mostly just a fancy set of armor. The only problem is that his dark hair and tanned skin varied from most of the residents of Eddenmar, from what he had heard. Hrothgar contemplated this a moment, before reluctantly taking off his helm.

Hrothgar placed his helm in a small rucksack, along with a letter from his father, a flask of water, and various bits and bobs that he happened upon in traveling to the kingdom. He took out the letter from his father, to read it again before he set out.

Hrothgar,
One of your first, eh? This is gonna be interesting. This is a pretty high stakes scouting, you know. I suppose I won’t go into details. Just don’t screw it up. And if you do, make sure not to get mangled like me. You don’t have a kid to continue on the legacy yet, do you? Ah, I suppose I was lucky in that regard. Anyways, don’t get caught. Remember what I taught you, Kleiner Sohn.
Love you,
Father

Hrothgar smiled as he read the last lines, before folding the letter back up and stashing it into the rucksack. He picked it up and began the small walk towards the town, figuring he could stash the bag near the castle wall somewhere. “Hm... perhaps in a barrel...” Hrothgar contemplated quietly, walking towards the town. He got there only moments later, looking about. It seemed a pretty typical town layout, to Hrothgar. He walked through the bustle of the various markets and people, keeping his head down as he went. While the chance of someone realizing he wasn’t a knight of Eddenmar was very low, he still felt it a good idea to try to talk with as little people as possible. Quickly enough, he reached the castle.

While Hrothgar of course, wasn’t a knight of Eddenmar, his armor and intimidating demeanor allowed him passage through the other knights. While some raised an eyebrow, having never seem him before, a disgruntled glare quickly made them avert their gaze, few people wanting to confront a giant as him. Hrothgar climbed through the towers of the outer wall, wanting to inspect the arrow loops, battlements, etc. He got to the top of the tower, only to realize that someone was there. He meant to ignore her, however, he realized quickly who it was: Lady Delaney, daughter of King Franc. He did a double take, looking over the distinguishing features: Blazing red hair, ice blue eyes, and about a foot shorter than him, give or take. From what he had heard, this was obviously the king’s daughter.

Hrothgar drew in a bated breath, realizing his mistake. While he felt it wasn’t exactly a good idea to hang around, he couldn’t exactly just leave. That would look quite suspicious, if he just walked in and right back out. Hrothgar nodded towards her, nervously walking onto the outer walls, his breath held. PastelBeauty PastelBeauty

Lady Delaney was a young woman of distinguishable features, short, fiery red hair, icy blue eyes and a quick tongue that was wicked sharp and cunning. She was taught all the agreeable royal standards of being trained as a princess of Eddenmar. Horse back riding, foreign language, dancing, politics, trading routes with allies, history, private lessons in violin. You name it, Delaney more than likely studied it. However, on this particular gray, overcast day, with a light mist of rain she was hiding from her entourage of women that took care of her and accompanied her wherever she was present in or on castle grounds. Her servants, her teachers, some of the more quiet, unnoticeable guards were all searching for her. Lady Delaney however, was an excellent hider.

There was never a time in all her life that Delaney didn't remember not hiding from prying eyes and the scolding of teachers or the cold, unfeeling lectures her mother the queen would drill into her day in and day out. Stand tall, don't slouch, scoop your spoon away from you when eating soup as to not spill it onto yourself and make an embarrassment of manners that make a royal. Be quiet, be demure, walk gracefully, but with a purpose. There were so many rules, so many teachings and none of the love her sisters received. As the youngest in line for the throne, no one expected Delaney to rule the kingdom of Eddenmar, however, her sisters were betrothed to neighboring ally kingdoms to solidify peace on their borders. That meant she was the only one now in line to this kingdom, but instead of being in her history lesson, Delaney was hiding in the tower under the noses of the guards. She was admiring a particular light, thin sword that almost reminded her of a rapier when a soldier with exceedingly fancy armor walked in.

Delaney frowned when the captain of the guard or who had appeared to be the captain of the guard just nodded in her direction. She wore a black lace, tight forming dress that reached down to her ankles, tied snugly around her waist was a emerald skirt made of imported silk that also reached her ankles. Her hair was curled in loose curls that framed her face. Her appearance was that of a pampered royal, but that's not how she acted. The guard's actions were also not how Eddenmar guards usually addressed her. It was not customary of any servant or guard to nod at a royal instead it was to bow. She was amused more than angry, after all she didn't really care if people bowed or not because Lady Delaney believed that man was created equal, so her servants addressed Delaney as Miss or M'Lady instead of Your Highness or Your Majesty or Young Princess Delaney. She hated formalities, so instead she followed the giant of a man out onto the outer walls of the tower.

"Sir, I could have you punished for not bowing to a royal and showing such disrespect and boldness, but I am more intrigued and admittedly amused. Is it possible that you do not know me?" Delaney had the most sweetest of smiles on her face and a hint of laughter behind her voice which was in deep contrast to the cool, steel of her eyes. She was kinder than the eldest daughters of Queen Adeelyn and didn't even resemble her parents nor siblings, the townsfolk that her to be a fae's baby and that was why she was so spirited and care-free and kind to everyone. The man she looked at was handsome, if in a rugged way. His skin color was slightly darker than the paler complexion of the people of Eddenmar and his hair was absolutely a dark brown or black which was cut short, while she studied him she leaned on the outer wall of the tower and looked down at the guards who were being alerted that she was missing. Again. She sighed and pointed down at them leisurely. "They scramble this way every. Single. Time. You would think that they would learn that I will come out of hiding when I am good and ready to." She smiled and shook her head and looked over her shoulder to the man again. Imapeople000 Imapeople000

Ser Hrothgar Felicianius
Hrothgar froze when Lady Delaney addressed him. He didn’t even think about the fact that he should address her properly. He slowly turned towards her and looked at her. Shit... and I already forgot something... Hrothgar thought to himself, looking down at Delaney. “I... I apologize, my lord. I meant no disrespect...” Hrothgar said nervously, bowing to her. Even when he bowed, his head was nearly even level with her’s. “Don’t know you? Of course I do, my lord,” Hrothgar said, somewhat surprised when she said she was amused. Hrothgar was sadly oblivious to the informalities with which Delaney was used to being treated with, and Hrothgar was always used to addressing the royal family with ‘my lord’

Hrothgar stared at the princess as she looked out to the courtyard, with a mix of confusion and amazement. The royal family of Kartina never acted as lax and informal as Delaney seemed to be. While they weren’t tyrants of the law, they certainly held themselves with a dignified air about them, and conducted themselves as such. Even with the Felicianius family having worked so closely with the royal family for ages, even they were still expected to properly address the family.

“Er... yes, it would seem so, wouldn’t it? They never look in the correct places...” Hrothgar said, looking down at the soldiers. Hrothgar had already made some slip-ups, but he still knew that acting along was one of the keys to espionage. That was one of the main idealisms that Mattias had taught him, and stressed on it. As he looked down at the soldiers scurrying about, he realized he still had something in his hand. He glanced for a moment, and realized it was his bag. Ah hell... there’s no way I can let anyone see this. No way a regular soldier would have a helmet like mine. Not even Ser Loris... he thought to himself. He looked about for a reason for him to leave and go stash his rucksack somewhere, however, finding a lack of excuses to leave, he forced himself to turn back around and watch the guards as they yelled commands to one another and ran around, in order to avoid Lady Delaney’s gaze.

PastelBeauty PastelBeauty

Last edited:
Lady Delaney looked at him oddly. "My lord? I certainly do not have...the physique of a male counterpart do I? You're lack of knowledge in formality matters surprises me and is starting to become troublesome. Please address me as M'Lady Delaney or Princess Delaney. I also inquire who I am speaking with." Delaney now fully turned to face him all informality out the window. Yes, Delaney was a kind and generous Princess, but she could not tolerate insolence or lack of intellect of how to address the royal family of Eddenmar. This man was starting to concern her, if he didn't know how to address her then how did he address her father or mother for that matter? She crossed her arms in front of her chest, her shoulders slightly back to now give her an air of confidence and authority. Her chin rose slightly as she looked up at him, also, how dare he look at her in the eye? Her mother Queen Adeelyn would have someone whipped for such boldness and such blatant declaration of being equal to a royal.

Eddenmar commoners, nobles, peasants and royals knew their place in this kingdom, knew how to address each other. This man is definitely not from here, so then where was he and ultimately what was his purpose here? Why was he in the guard tower? The weapons and building structure were here, how many palace guards were also evident in record keeping within one of these guard towers. Perhaps this man was an assassin? A spy coming from one of the enemy countries that sought to destroy everything that her mother and father built? Whoever he was, Delaney did not wish for him to know that she was starting to suspect him for anything, so she merely treated him as though she would one of her servant who was being careless or foolish. Imapeople000 Imapeople000

Ser Hrothgar Felicianius
Uh... this. Is not. Good. Hrothgar thought to himself, looking about. Despite having done field work before, Hrothgar was somewhat oblivious to formalities outside of his kingdom. Every member of the royal family in his kingdom was referred to as ‘the lord’, female or not. Hrothgar was, sadly, unaware of how formalities worked in other kingdoms, as he had never attended a kingdom for diplomatic reasons, per say.

“I... I’m Ser Hrothgar, my lady,” Hrothgar said, looking down at Delaney with his hand on his neck. “Hrothgar Felicianius.” Hrothgar, of course, didn’t realize that this might possibly be a very stupid decision, considering his family’s relation to his kingdom. Hrothgar began thinking to himself, however. Hrothgar was nearly a foot and a half taller than Delaney, and much more heavily built. It took nearly five grown men before he could be taken down. Could he afford to be bold? Hrothgar looked out at the soldiers scampering about the courtyard. To Hrothgar, they seemed disconnected almost, and lacked proper training. Hrothgar had been trained by some of the best mercenaries from his kingdom. He looked to his side, and noticed the Heiliges Mondscheinklinge strapped to his side. While it mightn’t be the best idea to get into a sword duel, he figured he could easily be at least somewhat brash and get away with it. Hrothgar began to speak, before he could think about what he was about to say.

“Hrothgar Felicianius, under the queen Kartina,” Hrothgar began, straightening up and looking at Delaney dead in the eye, with a gaze fierce enough to kill a tiger. “I’ve been trained by Ser Sieger Loris and Ser Mattias Felicianius, some of the best fighters in our kingdom and have spent years working on battle tactics and ways to infiltrate fortresses. No one could take me down in battle, not now, and not ever.” Hrothgar stopped for a moment, realizing that he literally just told her everything he wasn’t supposed to tell her. Well, with the exception of his mission objective. His eyes widened a bit at his stupidity, however, he maintained his stance and continued to stare downwards to the princess in front of him. He still didn’t realize how stupid this was, but ‘
twas in his nature to be bold, after all. PastelBeauty PastelBeauty

“Hrothgar Felicianius, under the queen Kartina,” That was simply not true. Could it be? Mother had said that she had received a courtier messenger to court years ago that Kartina had died after childbirth. That there was no King or Queen ruling the western borders across the sea and they were going to take the land in about two years. “I’ve been trained by Ser Sieger Loris and Ser Mattias Felicianius, some of the best fighters in our kingdom and have spent years working on battle tactics and ways to infiltrate fortresses. No one could take me down in battle, not now, and not ever.” Delaney stared at Hrothgar with a cool expressionless look. This was a serious crime and offense to the crown, the kingdom itself. Delaney still had the rapier at her side, but it had been lowered while she spoke with Hrothgar.

He spoke of treason and that alone should get him executed. Hanged for his crimes to be publicly humiliated and then made known as a traitor against the crown of Eddenmar. However, here this man was, this crazy, imbecile, man was telling her what he had done, what he planned to do, and that he has succeeded countless times before. Lady Delaney curtsied before him, raised to stand after her curtsy and then began to slowly walk backward and away from Ser Hrothgar. She needed to warn her father King Franc, and her mother. Kartina was alive if what this man said was to have any weight of truth.

"If you will excuse me. I believe I am missing my foreign language lesson and I mustn't be late for that. My mother will have my head you see. She's very strict." Delaney then turned gathered her emerald skirts, dropped the rapier and ran back inside the tower away from the outer walls. She was a fast little thing, even while wearing a heavy dress, years of running and hiding helped plenty. Besides, she figured that with his fancy armor, his height and his size, that he would be slower than her even if it was by a minute or two. However, that would be plenty of time, if she didn't squander it, to warn the king and guards that there was an intruder. A princess is a noble young lady who carries herself with poise and dignity. She listens attentively. And when she speaks, she carefully chooses her words. She exercises control over her emotions and makes choices based on what's right rather than on how she feels. Though she isn't perfect, she possesses a strong sense of duty that comes with knowing she's a princess. That duty was to her country, she just should have listened to her gut feeling when she saw his armor was not that of a Eddenmar Captain.

The mercenary is a professional warrior, who is often hired as a skilled defender or fighter. If so, Ser Hrothgar would not catch her if Delaney had anything to do about it. She reached the bottom of the stairs to the tower and slammed it shut behind her and moved a big trough in front to block off the door from opening. Her dress was now dirtied with muck and other grime but she had to keep running to the throne room. Her mother Queen Adeelyn was said to be “Certainly one of the proudest and cruel women on the face of the earth, and her whole history is a record of bloodshed and deeds of horror.” Delaney couldn't deny that in the secret gardens she had watched her mother kill countless people for doing things that could be so easily forgiven, however her mother wasn't as merciful. Delaney just prayed she would listen to her pleas of danger and an intruder being within the castle walls. Imapeople000 Imapeople000

Last edited:
Ser Hrothgar Felicianius
“Ah shit,” Hrothgar said, watching Delaney as she left. Hrothgar wasn’t the smartest of people, but he certainly wasn’t that stupid. Hrothgar watched as she left, as he walked slowly to the tower. There was absolutely no point in him chasing her. Not only would he not be able to catch her, even if he did he knew he couldn’t do anything to harm her. That would raise all hell between the kingdoms, and even Hrothgar knew that. As he saw her leaving, Hrothgar began to break into a run, although in the other direction.

Hrothgar jogged down the roadway he had taken into the castle, to the slightly confused looks of knights and warriors he passed. Hrothgar managed to get out of the manor and back to the small camp he had setup outside the walls. While he was outside of the kingdom, and wasn’t sure if they would be patrolling outside for the intruder, Hrothgar felt it best not to take any chances. He quickly took of his heavy armor, which left him wearing a set of chain mail and cloth garb under the chain mail. He took off the chain mail as well, although this took him a tad bit of time. Now Hrothgar was simply in plain garments, and besides his dark skin and hair, didn’t look too different from any other commoner. He wiped the sweat off his brow from running so, looking down at the Pakt der Tränen and his set of chainmail. He realized that he didn’t really have a place to store the Pakt Der Tränen. It was quite heavy armor, and bulky too. While he was able to stash the chainmail in his now somewhat bulky rucksack, he certainly didn’t have a place to put the unique heavy armor, where it couldn’t be found. Despite the fact that he could easily be caught with it, there was no way in hell was Hrothgar giving up the Pakt der Tränen. It was his armor, not someone from a kingdom he barely knew. He looked around at the camp. The remains of a small fire he had started the night before, and a small linen tent he had haphazardly pitched up to sleep in the night before. “Hm...” Hrothgar contemplated, before coming up with an idea.

Hrothgar ripped the tent from the posts that had staked it into the ground the night before. While it wasn’t exactly a gigantic tent, it was big enough to fit him with a tad bit of extra room, meaning it could most definitely fit his armor. He laid the tent flat on the ground and placed the armor in the middle. He deftly took all four corners and tied them into a complicated knot, creating a rather large sack. While it was far from ideal hiding, it was better than leaving it out in the open. Hrothgar heaved it to his shoulder with a grunt, and ran slowly away from the Eddenmar walls. When he was far enough, he thought, to be out of sight from the patrol, he laid the sack down and sat on top of it, now heavily panting. He once again wiped the sweat from his brow off of his forehead. He laid his sack down beside the armor bag, and sat there, recovering from all the running he had to do with such a heavy load. PastelBeauty PastelBeauty

Delaney rushed into the throne room where a meeting was taking place between a Ptince of Berget, her mother, and her father. Her mother took a moment to study and look at her daughter. The disapproval was immediate and the cool stare didn't reveal the anger that Delaney knew was behind her mother's eyes. Her mother, Queen Adeelyn, rose to her feet, the rose colored dress falling about her in swirls that reminded Delaney so much of the blood that her mother was known to spill. "A word with you. Alone." Queen Adeelyn stepped down from her throne and walked slowly across the marble floor of the throne room. Delaney looked down at the gold intricacies of the marble as her mother walked by, when her mother passed her, Delaney curtsied and followed out to the hall. Delaney barely had the door shut behind her when her mother slapped her across the face, fury in her eyes and a wicked tongue to boot. "An intruder!? How dare you hide for the upteenth time, and how dare you present yourself to the Prince of Berget with such a disdainful attire. You are a disgrace. I tried my best to raise you up to be a respectful lady. Quiet. Demure. Time and again you throw that in my face. Now I want you to change into something presentable. The blue dress. Then, for your sake, I hope I find that intruder. Otherwise, I will have to humbly apologize for my daughter's lack of attire and responsibly to make it to anything on time, due to her sometimes dazed brain." Delaney dare not cry, her face stung and it was red, her hands trembled and she bit her bottom lip. Her mother didnt dare scream at her here, but the hushed tones of her furious whispers were enough to silence her daughter into submission.

Delaney then curtsied to her mother who scoffed and turned from her daughter and returned to fake smiles and pretense and grace, excusing her daughter for her appearance. The Prince smiled and shook his head and said it was no trouble. Delaney hurriedly went to her room up in the Eastern Tower and shut her door quietly. She changed into the blue dress and had done her makeup and hair to not only hide her reddened cheek but also to appease her mother.
24.jpg

Delaney then reentered, her gold necklace so tight to her neck she felt like choking. Her hair was naturally red but she put an oil in it that brought out the more strawberry blonde color in it to the forefront. She curtsied low to the Prince which made her mother smile, Delaney then rose but kept her head lowered.
"I am quite sorry for my appearance earlier. I was mistaken when I thought there was an intruder. There is nothing to fear and everything is fit for your arrival Prince Charles from Berget. It is a pleasure for my family to welcome you as our guest." Delaney then looked up at him and the Prince bowed low in return. Her mother nodded and asked if they would prefer to stroll around in the royal gardens talking about the Flowers of Eve, Delaney nodded and went along with how beautiful the flowers were but there was now only one. The Prince asked why there was only one available in the kingdom of Eddenmar and Delaney gave a fake demure smile and raised her fingers to her lips. The Prince raised a brow and understood why there was only one. He smiled and offered Delaney his arm and the King had a guard follow them as a chaperone. In this game Delaney knew her place because of her mother's teachings.

This was all a game, who could come out on top with the most richest prince, who would have the most resources to offer back to the kingdom of Eddenmar, it was all a game and none of it real. Delaney wanted nothing more than to have true freedom, to love who she wanted, to be what she wanted, but by birthright she was a princess and there was no freedom. There was only the duty of a princess to her country, her king, all other forms of happiness were to be forgotten and dismissed. Delaney felt miserable, Prince Charles well and handsome enough, kind she was sure, but she didn't feel attraction to him and certainly she was sure that she wouldn't fall in love with him. Delaney was agitated there was a nagging feeling that she didn't belong here and that the intruder that was here earlier in the morning was telling the truth...but whatever that truth was, Delaney was also certain that the truth would destroy her world and her kingdom. Imapeople000 Imapeople000

Last edited:
Ser Hrothgar Felicianius
Once Hrothgar had recovered from his trek, he looked back up towards the castle walls, now a fair ways away. He looked to them for a moment, before thinking to himself. Damn... I got caught... but I still need to go back. But wow, those soldiers don’t know their asses from their hands... Hrothgar dawdled for a moment more, before retrieving a piece of paper from his rucksack and began writing a small report.

Ended up getting caught early in the mission. Retreated. Soldiers uncoordinated and lack advanced training. Princess seems to give them trouble. Re attempting to infiltrate.

Hrothgar stuffed the paper back in his bag and went back off towards the castle. No longer encumbered by his armor, it took him a great shorter deal of time to return to the castle than it had to retreat from it. He thought about how he would be able to get into the barracks, now that he wasn’t in uniform as a guard.

Hrothgar quickly had reached the town, looking down at his feet as he walked in. While he was still odd in comparison to the other people, he no longer had any unusual glares, as few people bothered to question a peasant. He walked quickly, nearing the castle. While he would have been able to brute force his way past, he dared not enter so vibrantly, figuring that without the Heiliges Mondscheinklinge, he would easily lose a fight with armored and weaponed warriors.

Opposed to entering the main entrance, Hrothgar instead walked around off to the side of the entrance. While most entrances through the castle walls were barred, Ser Loris informed Hrothgar that there was almost never a guard near the rear right entrance. Hrothgar hurried there, aspiring to remain unseen by any peeping eyes. He arrived at his destination and walked through. While there weren’t any guards there, the entrance to the barracks was in the rear left, meaning he would have to go through the courtyard past the royal hall. It was possible, but hard. He stayed near the wall of the royal hall, unable to be seen by anyone unless they walked through the entrance he came through. Hrothgar peered around the wall for a moment, checking if he could go. However, he now saw Princess Delaney walking through the courtyard with the queen and a man, whom he couldn’t identify. When Delaney smiled towards the man and took his arm, Hrothgar kneeled back from against the wall and barely stopped himself from snorting. While Hrothgar couldn’t tell whether or not she actually fancied the man or not, Hrothgar still found the moment quite trite, and bemusing. He walked back through the entrance and sat behind that wall, to make sure no one could see him. Unless someone was directly in front of him, it was virtually impossible to see him from the position he was in. PastelBeauty PastelBeauty

Users who are viewing this thread

Back