Story Terminator Salvation: What happened later (Marcus and Spectre's adventure) Chronology Series/The Cape

darkred

Hmmmm
Takes place after the rp Enter the Cosmos

“You alright? I heard you had to leave earlier from the galaxy trip. How was it?”

“Interesting to say the least, but I’m back here and Marcus isn’t. I’m going to try and return to that place if it’s possible…” He stated, not wanting to talk about why he was back, why Marcus was now all alone in that place. Without him. Without anyone to protect him like he had done, he was hardly a loyal knight to the half-Terminator if he was forced to quit before battle’s end. Was that just what he was to the man? Did he desire something more, was there even the capacity in his heart when his parents had so evidently failed him by abandoning him under his mother tree. But then she was cut down. For years he didn’t get human connections, why did Marcus make him… feel again? He didn’t understand. Perhaps he didn’t want to understand.

Kate had to feel like a mother to Spectre considering her role in this mess. She was pregnant at the time and if she went out herself, the Next Connor would never be born and see the light of day. Kate felt the pain of each patient, the pain of every injured soldier that came in that day. But when Marcus was about to give himself up like that, she didn’t know what to think.

Kate looked up and walked to Spectre.

“I want to talk to you about Marcus, why? Why did he want to kill himself so bad? Why give up for John when he did nothing for him?”

The now General John stared at his wife and Spectre talking about Marcus, the man missing from the picture who saved his life. Everything should be fine right? They defeated Skynet for good right?

No… there was always more of Skynet in other parts of the world. They’d only destroyed the Los Angeles part of Skynet. The United states in a sense and the rest of the world ached for someone to step up.

John cleared his throat, trying to hold himself up among the table looking between Spectre and Kate.

Looking up at Kate from his bed, Spectre thought for a moment. “Because he’s died. Because he’s a good person despite what you did to him.” The silver-haired man stated calmly, having heard about them chaining the man up. “I won’t pretend I have all the answers to what Marcus thinks and feels. His mind is something unique, man and machine as one and both rebelling against it’s creator. Perhaps he wants somewhere to belong, and doing this for John makes him think this is his way of gaining acceptance. I’ll tell you this much Kate, I know how hard it is to desire acceptance.” Spectre finished his hypothesis, it was harder now. He just wanted Marcus to come back here, to come home.

It was odd, he considered this dystopia more of a home than Den City with it’s modern appliances. That city had turned its back on nature save for decoration, he finally had a chance to save a world. Perhaps the fabled paradise wasn’t something you found but something you built with those you cared about.

John finally spoke and cleared his throat “It’s a long journey ahead for all of us. Skynet is still out there and we only cleared one part.”

Kate turned “John, what the hell, you are going to reopen your wound like that. You want that?”

John frowned ‘Kate, I can’t pretend to be safe all the time if I take over as the General of the Human Resistance. We have limited men, resources and limited Resistance pockets all over the world.”

Kyle stood with his new Resistance coat on, once Marcus’s as he started to grow older over time.

“Hey, Uncle Spectre. Thanks for taking care of Marcus. It means a lot to me and star.”

It almost seemed like Kyle Reese and Star had become Marcus’s own children to take care of.

“It’s no problem… I’m glad you two are doing okay.” Spectre hadn’t taken to caring for Kyle and Star that naturally, but over time he had learnt how to parent. Not that they were young but it was more of a guiding/supportive role towards Kyle and Star. He too had grown up with hardships, often his orphanage would lack food or power. His mother tree was his only sanctuary, his love for plants proven by the new forest he’d planted. Plant cuttings from his Sunavalon given genuine mass. It was a step in the right direction, returning some semblance of normality to Earth. He still missed Marcus a lot and wanted him back. To explain how he felt about him. The Resistance had to win, he refused to allow another megalomaniac AI to threaten this family he had fought for, bled for and broken bone for. This world was important to him.

Barnes eyed John but was a little cautious still of Spectre and took a breath. “Connor, are you alright?”

John nodded “Yeah, so far. Why?”

Barnes said “I heard Blair went off on another mission, something about Xenomorphs?”

John pinched the middle of his nose “Kind of bad timing.”

Barnes sighed “She insisted.”

John sighed “Great…”

“Two of my best are missing so far, but I’m sure others can compensate for a while.”

John stared into the sky, sighing “It’s never over.”

Kate placed a hand on John’s shoulder “It will be someday.”
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kate placed a hand on Spectre’s shoulder “It’s time we got you healed up. I know we have limited technology here. But trust me, I’m great at what I do.”

The others stood in support of Spectre.

Kate turned to the others “Grab a cot, I’m going to make Spectre as comfortable as I can.”

The others nodded and a cot showed up. She placed him on a comfortable bed, something away from the metal bed Marcus and John laid on.

Kate sighed and began to look at Spectre’s injures.

“Let’s see here, we have two punctures but oddly… no heart? Strange.”

Kate went to work immediately giving something to calm Spectre from the pain.

Kate is then putting gloves on as she bends down under light to look for the punctures and the bleeding.

As Kate finished the surgery, she let Spectre rest on the cot as a few others sat around sticking with the man until he woke up.

His heart had been replaced as a child in Den City, due to developing a disease that rotted it away. It was now a cybernetic contraption, an internalized pump. He often wondered if that was the cause of not being able to empathize with other people, from being so detached from the rest of society. They had hearts of flesh that could bleed and feel pain whilst his own was a cold, metal thing. No feeling. Just continuing to pump his blood around his body.

Lying down on the cot, he surrendered to the inevitability of being examined. He wasn’t keen on it but there wasn’t much choice. He hadn’t lost that much blood thankfully and was more likely to complain about the state of his clothing than anything, taking some pride in his appearance as his green eyes closed, the anesthetic taking hold.

Waking up in some sort of transport ship, whilst he was unconscious their base was under attack by a Hunter-Killer and they had to move. To stop Spectre from exacerbating his injuries or overexerting himself, he’d been kept under for a while.

“Marcus… Where is Marcus…” He mumbled, starting to come round, his thoughts foggy and incoherent, his movements and attempts to stand unco-ordinated.

Kate touched his hand trying to calm him. Kate’s eyes widened as John had gotten some word that Marcus had about a week left in the mission before it was done. “Spectre, you should rest. You are still weary and tired.. You might fall.

But that stubbornness was in Spectre’s eyes.. She’s seen it twice before.. One in the General’s eyes and Marcus’s eyes.

“Spectre. We’ve gotten some information that Marcus might be back sooner than we thought.”

Kyle looked at both John and Spectre in the plane both injured. It was going to be a long story explaining what happened. They’d moved to a main base somewhere else in another part of the United States.

Not to mention how Marcus had become so protective of Spectre over time.

Star looked up for a bit and blinked, signing with her fingers “Kate, is Uncle Spectre going to be alright?”

She seemed genuinely worried about the men.

Just as Spectre was asking for the half terminator to come home to their family, the time machine came to a whir as Marcus made his way via a copter John and co sent to him.

A few hours later, the beat up half terminator took a breath, with food all over his favorite leather jacket. He was really damn glad to be back home for once.

He noticed Spectre was walking on his own, almost tired and dizzy.

“What the hell happened to Spectre?!”

His eyes widened as he grabbed Spectre and hugged him. He never wanted to let go.

He knew he never should of let the man go with him but against his better judgement…

“Sorry about the food, food fight and shit like that..”

John and the family was soon coming forward.

“Connor, still not healed yet?”

“We need you to stay strong for the next mission. Don’t worry about me, Marcus.”

“Don’t be so damn stubborn, John.”

Kyle Reese now a bit older stood next to the half terminator, and gave him and spectre a hug along with Star.

The family was together again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back