• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Tales of the Creator: Start of the Ancients

A

Arafor

<p>

This is a relatively old piece of work I had written..I had planned it to be an intro for a novel im writing. I will warn for those of you who do not like religious overtones then don't read this. "The Start of the Ancients: Tales of the Creator : The Creator had traveled across an empty universe full of nothing and blackness and was tired from traveling so far. So he made him self a large place where he could rest for awhile. As he rested he began to have dreams of wonderful sorts of plants and wild animals and as The Creator dreamed them they appeared on the earth. When the creator awoke he saw all of the life and it pleased him. The creator tried to find a companion to speak with but none of the plants or animals was smart enough to communicate with him. After much boredom of not talking to anyone he decided to create a new type of animal to communicate with him. He looked upon the ground he stood upon and a figure arose from it; a female looking figure. He named this being Marga the Guardian of the earth. Marga and the creator became great companions but still the creator felt lonely only talking to one person every day. So he then created a being with wings called the angleos and named it Kelthu-zaid. Then he saw the wings of the creature and liked it and made another creature with wings he called a nymph and named the nymph xau-wyurn. Then the creator grew tired and looked sleepily into a shadow and out came a dark creature with pointy ears called dark elves. He named the first one carech-amun. He found all of this to his liking and they lived well and plentiful on the planet that he had given them. As times passed populations began to grow and pay homage to the creator. The creator enjoyed this and to honor the creator the creator’s pyramid was built to honor him. Now about a hundred years passed and marga had a bulge on her mid section. She was pregnant and the creator was outraged at this for he intended the Earth guardian to be pure. His hatred fumed in his head and even considered slaying the earth guardian but luckily kelthu-zaid who was close to the creator persuaded him not to slay marga. The hatred left the creator’s body and went into a cloud of darkness later called narth meaning “darkness eater”. These are the five ancients that began to populate the lands and set the customs and traditions of their ancestors to come. Meanwhile Marga bore three children Minos the first minotaur, Dware the first dwarf, and leic the first human. The creator blessed them all. The three people borne by Marga had lived with their mother and among the other ancients for awhile in the North Country but as the populations grew they wanted their own lands. The creator knew this so he gathered all of his intelligent creations in a council to give them their promised lands. The creator said “ Minos you and your kind like to graze and hunt for your prey so you will be given the stout peninsula to the south. As for you dware you and your people like to craft metals and mine for valuable ores and therefore shall be given the mountains to the south. Leic you and your kind enjoy being in your places of origin and enjoy fishing and using the sea for resources so you shall be given the east peninsula of the north lands. Kelthu-zaid you and your people can fly and enjoy solitude and peace and therefore will be given the island in the far south. xau-wyurn you and your kind enjoy to fly around in much space and in general enjoy life and will be given the lands in between the minotaurs and the dwarves. carech-amun you and your kind have done so well in your place of origin that you shall have it all except for the east peninsula which the humans inherit. Finally Marga one of my dearest creations you shall be given all of the middle lands in the south lands.” All of his creation was pleased with this and began to move to their promised lands and one by one they went to tell their peoples to pack up and follow them to their new lands. One creature though in the distance had heard all that was said and felt great grief for not receiving land. This creature grew angry at the creator and the people that were given a chosen land. The creature needed food for he had never eaten in his life. he sensed what kind of food he needed; he needed to eat darkness and he sensed this somewhere in the lands he was already in. As the dark eves were spreading out in their newly given lands there was a small elf child picking flowers in a field away from the rest of dark elves. Now naturally all dark elves had a little darkness in them and this attracted the creature. The creature took the form of a beautiful flower and as the child came to pick it the creature pounced on the child and sucked out all the darkness but in the process killed the child. The screams of the child carried and the other dark elves heard the child and came to the child’s aide but it was too late the child was dead, the first death in the creator’s new world. This is why ht dark elves hate creatures of evil. The creator was enraged at this and called out “show yourself foul creature so I may slay you!” and then the creator waited for a response. There was only a whisper back to him mocking him “do you not forget me again? The creature that you created” at this the creator wept tears which became the ocean and yelled and these became the winds. The creator called out again “you shall be called the narth and be the scum of the earth! Wherever you go you shall be hated and hunted and spurned” there was no reply to this call and the creator was angry and out of his blind fury and went to every race to curse them. He went to the dwarves and said “you shall eat the soil of your profits and toil in the dirt that you mine your precious ores for!” then he went to the Minotaur and said” Brutes of creations you are and that what you shall only be and your people will be cast into exodus!” then the creator went to the humans and said “ greed and lust is what you want and so it is how you will think and it will be your downfall!” then he went to the angleos and said” separate yourselves from others and thinking of yourselves better than others will be your downfall!” Then the creator went to the nymphs and said now weeping greatly “your people shall be pushed and shoved out of your lands and your people shall be disdained.” Then the creator went to the dark elves and said “I am sorry for the loss you received and for it if any of your kind grieves too deeply they will die.” This is why the dark elves can live forever and can only be killed by weapon or grief. Then lastly the creator went to marga and said” you shall feel the suffering as my planet is ravaged by war, grief, and death. However you are strong and I shall make a special covenant for you to be my eyes and ears on this planet.” The creator then went into the universe he had created and traveled far from the planet he had created and felt great grief for what he had done. He could not reverse it now because he did this in oath which is sacred. So to give the creation a chance he whispered a blessing saying that creation can be saved and join him after death but not until they reach another pure state. Back on earth marag heard this blessing and was filled with hope and gave her reason to endure the suffering that she will encounter in the future. With the creator gone however marga had a new task to do in his absence which was to kill narth. Knowing that she would need help to find and defeat Narth she began moving to the north. After traveling for some time marga reached the end of the southern lands and saw the water impeding her progress to the north lands. She took the form of a great mare and leaped across the waters and landed in the north east peninsula. When she landed a river opened up across the lands to the farer north and this river was called the Suswa River. She traveled with haste to norstross the home of carech-amun. She rode to the gates of the city and the gates opened instantly and many guards followed her for they knew no who she was. She reached the head house and knocked down the door and and came face to face with carech-amun and he said “Halt Guards! It tis marga the earth guardian.” The guards left and marga told him about what she planned to do and said to him “surely a dark elf with such great vision will be able to spot out such an evil creature.” carech-amun decided to come with her on her journey. After getting the necessary supplies carech-amun and marga left Norstross and headed south to get the other ancients to help kill narth. They got on dark elf ships and went westward around the southern lands to the lands of the nymphs. When they landed they were greeted with much appraise and brought to xau-wyurn and marga again explained what they were trying to do on their journey. Now xau-wyurn did not at first want to do this and was going to reject them but did not want to bring shame to his people and accepted to help them on their journey. Then after a four days rest they set out to huron the home of the angleos. The huron seas blew up a storm that dragged the boats way off course. The sails were battered and the wood splintered and most of the crew on board the ship the ship was killed. carech-amun mourned for his men and said “ Marga please we must get to land or we will surely die.” At this marga pondered and said to him we must keep pushing forth and I shall help us. Marga came into the form of a strong wind and blew into a makeshift sail. As the time went on the sail became too worn by the wind to be used any more and the ship was stuck. Marga could not help from here because she is the guardian if the earth and not water. As they waded in the water in the boat an injured sea serpent came by the ship no more than seven feet long. Marga felt pity for the creature and healed it and gave it intelligence and cunning that most creatures would not have had. The serpent disappeared underneath the depths of the water. After a week a serpent that was at least two-hundred feet long came out of the water. It was the same serpent from yesterday and marga had an idea. She attached a rope to his head and told him to take them to huron. Within a few weeks they reached huron and on their departure marga said” you are truly a blessed creature and will be called ghauld and a new race of sephiroth will come from you.” So after this marga, carech-amun, and xau-wyurn went on the island and began making their way to the center of the island. They came upon a large group of angleos making a stone wall around a small settlement. Marga asked what they were doing and they replied “the creator said we will die by being s alone and so we must build a huge wall to protect ourselves.” At the saying of this marga laughed and said “truly you do not know how to interpret the words of the creator.” The workers looked upon each other with puzzlement but kept on working. After a moment of silence she said “he was saying that excluding yourselves from others will be your downfall.” Not knowing it Kelthu-zaid came up behind them and scoffed “Lies you think so sure of yourself the words of the creator. Who are you to say what he means?” before maraga could answer carech-amun stepped in and said “let us not bicker about words of the creator. We would like you to join us in our journey to kill narth.” Kelthu-zaid had a look of ponder on his forehead and looked around his lands and said “surely I must go on some sort of adventure for this land bores me at times.” Then he smiled “yes I shall help you kill narth.” The ship was repaired and fresh supplies were loaded on the ship and many gifts were given to them. They boarded the ship and began to head to the southern lands for they thought that they might as well start to search somewhere where the narth might feed on creatures with out being hunted. When they set foot on the land marga felt a shiver run down her spine and she knew he was on the land but did not know exactly where he was. She said to her companions” we will only find narth if split up and search for him over wide areas. I will go through the middle and Kelthu-zaid shall head up the east coast and carech-amun, AND xau-wyurn will go along the west coast.” They agreed on this and they set out on their own ways. Meanwhile in north parts of the southern lands narth began to thrive on all of the foods he could find. Day by day he grew more powerful and he could sense that powerful beings were hunting for him but not being the smartest of creatures he stayed where he was and fed off his plentiful food supply. Kelthu-zaid was on his way and because he could fly he enjoyed his journey very much. As he was flying he saw a great black smoke arise in the distance and this bothered him so he went to investigate. As he approached this smoke he could see Minotaur fleeing from the area of the smoke. The grass lands had caught fire. He flew down to a female Minotaur who had a child next to her and asked “what has caused this fire?” The Minotaur only replied “please you must help the village had caught on fire and there may be survivors!” At this Kelthu-zaid had already sprung his wings and was in the air to the heart of the fire. As he approached he could see buildings on fire and could hear screams. He listened diligently for the screams as to hear where they were coming from. He found the source and dove into the great fire and crashed through a burning thatch roof. As he stood he could feel the burning all over his body but he endured the pain and looked around and saw a child Minotaur. He ran over to the child and picked the child up and thrashed through the wall and then flapped into the air. As he looked back he saw the building collapse. The child was crying and screaming and hitting him and Kelthu-zaid sternly asked “Why do you hit me did I not save your life?” The child cried more and more and then said sobbing “my poppa was in there in the next room holding up the next wall so it wouldn’t fall on me. He was trapped underneath the remnants of our chimney.” Kelthu-zaid said nothing but began to weep and brought the child into a different open field with other Minotaur. His wings were blackened by the fire and his skin was charred by flames and so the Minotaur called him infermna. They took him in and cared for him and made him one of their own. He hid his grief over the lost Minotaur by helping the other Minotaur rebuild their homes. He became their chief but he never forgot about his homeland of huron nor his journey but the guild was so great on him that he felt if he left them he would die of guilt. And so he was delayed and lived among the Minotaur and as a gift for him being chief they crafted a sword for him. This was no small task however because Minotaur liked to use axes and clubs and such but a sword was made. It had a curved blade and was made out of iron which was difficult to find embroidered with valuable stone and the handle was made out of fine deer hide. Infermna put some magic into this blade and called it das or “death bringer”. Now meanwhile on the western coast carech-amun and xau-wyurn were on their search for narth. They first had to travel through the nymph lands and because xau-wyurn was the king of the nymphs they were greeted warmly and given supplies. xau-wyurn even told his personal guard to come with him which consisted of ten expertly trained nymph warriors. They pushed on northward on the western coast and came upon hills and as they continued the hills became mountains and their progress was slowed. They knew that dwarves lived here but they knew not where. They continued to move but could no longer tell where they were going. Then it began to snow and they ran out of supplies quickly and the nymphs could no longer fly due to the cold. One night they had set up camp and it snowed vigorously and when they awoke in the morning, their camp was under the snow and two of the guards had died, apparently over night. They set forth in snow all the way up to their waist but trudged on and while taking a rest an avalanche had began. The quickly looked for cover but could find none and so they began to run. They could hear the roar of the snow behind them and they could feel the cold brushing up upon their necks and finally it hit them. It was like a whirlwind except with ice and rock and cold. carech-amun used his sword to cut out from underneath the snow and got above the newly poured snow. He looked around but saw no one. “xau-wyurn!” he cried at the top of his lungs. He sat there and then began to poke at the snow with his sword to see if he could feel anything. Sometimes he would hit rocks and dig with his bare hands through the snow only to be left in vain. After a day of looking he found xau-wyurn unconsciousness and barely alive. carech-amun tried to make a fire but could find no dry wood. After days of keeping his friend alive he too passed out on the third week after the avalanche. He awoke when h was being lifted up by something and could hear speech but did not understand what was being said and he himself tried to speak but could not. They both awoke in a great room lavished with furs and fires all over the place. It seemed to be in a cave. A dwarf walked in with very beautiful and bright heavy armor and said in broken elvish “the king wants to see you.” They were brought into dware’s court and greeted warmly and sat among his officials and ate and drank. carech-amun and xau-wyurn had to stay here for the dwarves said that the winter would last longer and they must stay here and wait it out or they would surely die. And so they were also delayed. And began to wait. Meanwhile Marga had begun her journey through the middle lands. These lands were the ones given to her and so she had no problem navigating them. The inhabitants also helped her in giving her information. Most of the lands inhabitants were wild animals with which she could communicate with. One day as she was walking down a gorge she had heard a noise but thought nothing of it. Then as she continued through the gorge, she heard the noise again but this time it was louder. She looked around her and met the gaze of a creature hidden by the shadow of an over-hanging rock. Then a creature walked out. She was for she never saw such a creature it had and awkward face like two number eights stacked on top of each other for a head. On the bottom half of the head was two holes, then the eyes were a cold gray, the body was very bony and skeleton like and it stood tall on two long legs. She asked wearily “I have never seen any of your kind in all of my years and travels, what are you?” The creature spoke with a deep crackly voice and replied “I am a seeker of many things.” And then he grinned. “What do you seek?” asked marga. He moved around a little bit and then sneered “I seek something for my master.” Marga looked surprise and said “Master? What are you a slave? Who is your master?” the creature began to heckle at this and said “My master is the one the covenant was not brought to.” Marga knew the one he was speaking of and so she turned into the form of a vicious Mountain Lion. At this the creature pulled out a whip with metal spiked balls on the end. He whipped at her and she dodged and got him by his head and she could taste the blood in her mouth. He was alive and screamed “Surely you would not kill a creature? Is that not why you are searching for my master?” After he said this he threw him against a rock and he became unconscious and began to run through the gorge because she could feel an evil power in the distance. She ran as fast as she could and for weeks all she did was run. She stopped at a cave that had bears in it and they let her rest in their cave to regain her energy. She could feel a pain because she knew that narth was near and every time she breathed in and out her nostrils were burned for his evil was so close. In the morning she set out from the cave and began making her way to the source of the evil and at last she came to a hill and peered over. She saw a dark blob of blackness leaning over a few dead bodies with blood over his mouth. She was sickened by this sight and she took her most fierce form she could think of. She was turned huge at least the size of a southern elephant and her skin was rocky and rigid like the side of a mountain and her jaws were like that of a giant snapping turtle and she stood on four thick rocky legs. She jumped over the hill side and bit narth on the first part of his body she could reach. Narth let out a screech and flew hundreds of feet into the sky. Marga’s mouth burned for having part of the beast in her mouth. Her whole body burned with such a painful sensation but she could not let go for they were too high up. Narth waited and withheld his true power because if he showed his true powers he knew her other companions would sense him and so he hoped she would fall of. He sustained the pain and went into a sleep-like state in the air while marga held onto him. Marga knew he was not moving and her pain was becoming unbearable and she still held on but she needed a way to tell the others where she was. This was the case for several weeks until finally marga let out a yelp so loud it travelled the world. At this narth tried to fly higher but before he could go any farther marga snapped back on what little bit of him she could get. She feared for the worse that she would die at the hands of narth but she had faith in her companions. Her voice traveled through the lands and every time it passed an animal it would listen and then go back to its life. The yelp reached the lands of the Minotaur and the Minotaur feared it was a ghost and so they sent out their chief, infermna. When infermna heard this yelp he knew it was marga and while he was still in the air he set out to help marga. Kelthu-zaid was grieved that he had to leave the Minotaur but he would have grieved more if he let marga stay in trouble. Then the noise carried to the mountains through the snow and through the thick rocks. There carech-amun and xau-wyurn heard the sound and told the dwarf king they must leave but he warned them because it was still winter. But instead of taking his heed xau-wyurn picked up carech-amun and began to fly through the snow even though his wings were aching and his body was freezing. So the rest of the companions set out to get Marga out of the trouble she is in. Marga was beginning to lose her hope but she kept her jaws tight and she couldn’t stand to look at Narth so she kept her eyes closed. Then out of nowhere her body moved and she could feel Narth’s body move. They were going down to the Earth and then when she opened her eyes she saw Kelthu-zaid grappling with the Narth and at seeing this she let go and fell but was caught by xau-wyurn and she said to him faintly “ Where is carech-amun?” he did not respond but just pointed at the ground. There was carech-amun shotting his arrows at the narth. This was the last marga saw before she fell asleep on the ground due to her fatigue. Kelthu-zaid had got the beast to the ground and was wrestling with it and every time he touched it he was burned by darkness, yet he still fought with it. Then he took out das and was about to stab narth with it but then narth sprang his body up into the sky and took the form of a dark cloud. Kelthu-zaid did the same with his das at hand and he went to the narth and stuck it right into him but then he could not pull it out. The sword was sucked into the narth and narth looked at Kelthu-zaid in the eyes. The darkness was burning his mind and he could not move but the trance was broken for xau-wyurn pushed him out of the way and turned to confront narth but when he turned narth was not there. He could hear carech-amun yelling from the ground but could not hear what he was yelling. Then he felt a pain greater than being stabbed with a sword. And so he plummeted to the ground. Narth had snuck below him and stabbed him with das. And then spew darkness into the wound. carech-amun vigorously shot arrows at narth but because of his form of a cloud there was too many layers for his arrows to penetrate. He could see that narth was about to attack him and so he decided to use some dark-elf magic. He began muttering words and then narth went to strike him coming at full speed with the sword sticking out of him. When narth was about to reach carech-amun he had disappeared but was going to fast to stop and was slammed into the ground. The ground shook so much that it had ignited a series of earthquakes that devastated many villages around the world. Narth slowly began to rise but as he did something had jumped on his back and was stabbing him with an arrow. Narth flipped himself over so fast that carech-amun had no time to get off and was under him getting crushed into the ground. He could feel the pressure building up in his head and in his mid-section like he as going to explode but then all of the pressure was gone. He could see a dark cloud falling into a gorge with Kelthu-zaid with him. xau-wyurn had went over to carech-amun and said to him” go and help kelthu-zaid for surely he will need it. I shall take care of marga.” So he went over to marga and propped her head up again a soft bush and sat there with her tending to her wounds. Marga finally awoke and xau-wyurn tried to calm her and she asked him what had happened and he told her. She had an idea and said to xau-wyurn “Go and help the others and make sure narth comes out of that gorge. “And when he was gone she cut down a tree and took off all the branches and began to skin it. In the gorge the fighting was intense and the others had not reached kelthu-zaid yet and so he vigorously fought narth. In the midst of combat he yelled “Why do you do this. Are you not part of the creator’s creation?” narth said nothing but in a fit of rage expanded very rapidly and then went back to normal size. When he expanded it flung kelthu-zaid against a wall and he fell to the ground. Narth loomed over him with a hungry look in his eyes but as he approached him kelthu-zaid sprang up and headed out of the gorge. At this retreat narth had followed him. As narth came out he could feel a great pain inside of himself. He began to lose his thoughts and his mind. At this opening of weakness marga and kelthu-zaid attacked narth was hand and claw and pure power. Narth flung himself up in the air throwing the two off of him and screeched “I will live on forever. Even the creator cannot deny this for even though I may perish I will live on!” After he had said this he broke up into hundreds of pieces most of which dissipated as soon as they came off the body. Kelthu-zaid looked at marga and said “what weapon did you use to kill the beast?” she laughed and said “xau-wyurn said that he had many layers and so nothing was penetrating him so It thinned out a tree and took a rock and sharpened it and put it on the end of the thinned out tree. That way it would be able to penetrate deeper into his layers. I call it a spear.” This was the first spear made but no one knows where it landed after the narth disappeared. The four ancients thanked each other and thanked the creator and began to go their separate ways for their homes needed them now. At the death of narth the creator stopped weeping and said “maybe there is hope.” Meanwhile a piece of the narth had slipped away and slithered on the ground. For days it travelled and then it stopped, it saw a man walking by dresses in good clothes like a merchant. As he came close to the piece with out knowing it the piece of the narth jumped on his head and entered his body through his eyes. The man screamed and fell to the ground and his body turned black due to the darkness and he began to grow smaller and smaller and his yells became younger and younger. Then at last all that was left was a bay crying. The merchant’s friends were looking for him but came upon the child and the child had no clothing. They took him and brought him with them to their caravan. They called him oglor because a scar on his body looked like this word. They did not know what it meant for it was written in darkness. The child would know nothing of his father but would have the darkness in him."

</p>

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back