• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Take it Easy ✌

Lacuna

eyebrow queen

"On the way up

We forgot to slow down"

✌ ✌ ✌

☼ Aurora Indigo ☾ Outfit

The warm North Carolina breeze blew locks of Aurora's hair in her face as she walked the rickety old boardwalk down to the beach. It was spring vacation and she wanted to do something different this year. Every other year she has just stayed at home with her mom or would hang out with a few on again, off again friends. Nothing to write home about. But this year she wanted to actually do something and have an adventure. She made her trip down to Myrtle Beach by herself and by the first day had already made friends with her neighbor at the hotel. It was just her personality to get along with people, but never to stick around for too long.

Her bare feet padded along the rough wood until they hit the cool white sand. Thankfully it was after dark so the sand was just the right temperature for her to walk on without her sandals. If there was one thing she hated it was shoes; she preferred to be barefoot and care free. With her sandals loosely gripped in one hand she used her other to hold the edges of her cardigan. The edges of her mouth softly curled up as the sounds of the oceans hitting the shore filled her ears. But the sweet sound to her ears was no sooner interrupted by the approaching sound of a thumping bass. Her soft smile quickly turned into a huge grin when she heard the sounds; they only meant one thing. Party. Quickening her pace she followed the sound and growing speck of light. In no time she was walking up to a large pavilion filled with tipsy girls and douchey guys. Normally that would be the kind of stuff that would annoy her but it was spring break and time to do things you wouldn't normally do. Right?

Stepping up on the cool concrete her eye's darted around looking for the closest open seat. Her eyes fell on the the last stool at the bar. Sauntering over to it she slipped onto the stool and leaned on the bar top with one of her arms. Her thin lips cocked up into a half smile as she saw the bar tender approach her.
"And what can I get for you little lady." He asked cocking her a toothy smile. Flitting her eye's at him she paused for a moment. She could order some alcohol but that ran the risk of him carding her, or she could just play it safe and order lemonade. Then again the way he smiled at her didn't really point in the direction that he would card her. "I'll have a lemonade, if you think you can handle that." She played it safe, besides it was to early in the trip to be getting sloppy. The bartender just shook his head at her response like he was disappointed in her order. But alas he slid a glass filled with the sweet liquid. Taking a sip of the lemonade she could taste the mid undertone of vodka. She just shook her head as she relaxed in the chair. Oh well, one drink wasn't going to kill her.

Victor Michael Vanderbilt-Astor

It wasn't that Victor didn't enjoy the beach; he found as much amusement in frolicking in the waters and the general debauchery of beach parties as the next bloke. However, one can only spend so many summer holidays and spring breaks in the Hamptons before becoming a bit disenchanted with the nouveau riche crowd that had invaded the place in the past few years. And so it was that Victor Michael Vanderbilt-Astor found himself seated in his private estate car, staring out the window, winding along a stretch of sandy roads in North Carolina. His elderly driver was silent, but the man beeen employed by the family long enough to have observed the meticulously planned path the family had laid out for his young master, as well as the unfortunately short leash they alotted him.

"Weatherby, do you have an inkling as to when we shall be arriving?" the boy asked without taking his eyes off the window. "I assure you, young master, that our arrival will occur presently." the man replied, raising one eyebrow as he gazed at the boy in his care. Victor had always been a sheltered child, and Weatherby could not help but notice when Victor began to crave a little more excitement than even the oppulence and decorum of debutante balls and high society soirees could offer. "Sir, might I advise you to focus your attention on something other than simply gazing outside? After all, the bulletproof, tinted glass is not ideal for sightseeing, and, dare I say, it might make the time pass by faster." With one long, last, wistful gaze, Victor tore his eyes from the scenery. "Right you are, Weatherby. I suppose I'll settle in for a small rest. Do wake me up promptly when we arrive, won't you?"

About a half hour later, Weatherby brought the car to a stop and looked back to find the boy awake. "As per your request, sir, we have arrived." he spoke as he exited the car and opened the door for Victor. Stepping out, the boy gazed at his surroundings. White, sandy beaches stretched distantly, and despite the darkness provided by the time of day, one could still see and hear the ocean waves gently cresting and crashing onto the shore. Amidst the natural symphony of noises, there was a distinctive, rhythmic beat that any teenager could recognize. "You're dismissed Weatherby. I am aware of the location of our lodgings, so I shall return there at my leisure." "Of course, young master. See that you enjoy yourself." Weatherby responded, bowing as he left, closed the door, and drove off.

Victor's shoes tapped steadily as he approached the party. He was wearing a white Oxford buttondown with the sleeves rolled up and top buttons undone, a pair of light blue summer shorts with a surcingle belt, and white suede shoes without socks, his custom RayBans tucked into the the unbuttoned portion of his shirt. Victor was already known to be a very handsome boy; indeed, he'd been approached by a few modeling agencies, although nothing ever became of it since it deviated from his parents' master plan. Deciding to avoid the loud throng of people, at least until he was a bit, shall we say, influenced, Victor directed himself to the bar. Even as he walked there, he was innundated with stares and invitations, mostly from girls, to join them. All of which, he turned down, politely, of course. Reaching the bar, he put one finger in the air to signal the bartender. "One scotch, please. The good stuff, if you can manage it. And none of the that 'on the rocks' rubbish. I'd like it neat." he spoke as he placed a ten dollar bill on the counter to expedite his order, not bothering to sit on a stool and instead resting his elbows on the bar as he looked out towards the beach and the party.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aurora sipped lightly on her mixed drink as she gazed about the crowded pavilion. She thought about getting up and dancing but it wasn't much of her style to go out alone. During a scan of the room she spotted a few guys making googly eye's at her but she just brushed them off like they were dust in the wind. But there was one guy who caught her attention, he wasn't dressed like the rest, nor did he have a presence like the rest of the people here. She could tell that he came from money, and that he was cocky. Everything that she read from him was the complete opposite of her, but for some reason she was drawn to him. Perhaps it was because of her fathers influence on her life. Ever since he had passed away, she had longed for an intelligent conversation with someone, or at least someone who would understand witty and thought out remarks.

Sliding off of the bar stool she made her way down to him and ever so skillfully slipped in next to him. But of course not before bumping into a couple that making out first, she watched the girl scoff at her before they scurried away like two ants. Pausing, she analyzed the profile of the boy's face before she opened her mouth to speak.
"Aren't you a little young to be a scotch man? I thought only old men drank that." She tried her best to put a sincere smile on her face but all she could muster up was a half-assed smirk. Although that did seem to fit her remark much better. A smile could have possibly indicated that she was being serious, a smirk lended itself more to her sarcasm. She leaned back on the bar as she sipped on her drink. Averting her eyes from his face she looked out at the swaying, sweaty bodies of the fellow spring breakers.

Victor heard a slight commotion, turning his head to notice that a couple who'd been engaged in eating each other's faces earlier had been bumped aside by a stranger. When said stranger came to stand next to him, he paid her no heed, assuming her to be just another ditzy girl. It is for this very reason that he was surprised when she commented on his choice of drink, even mocking him for it. The smirk that followed her remark only served to intrigue Victor; it seemed that perhaps there would be someone worth talking to after all, if the girl's verbal sparring was any indication. He felt her eyes roam his face, taking note of his features, and although she turned away to look out at the party, he returned the favor, taking note that she was rather attractive, though not in the makeup-caked-and-questionable-plastic surgery way, but rather with a more natural beauty.

Deciding it would be best to refrain from revealing his identity, he resisted the urge to simply quip, "I'm a tad young to be a billionaire, but there you are." Instead, mirroring the girl's somewhat infuriating, yet oddly engaging grin, he replied, "Drinking scotch isn't about one's age; it's the drink of choice for the cultured man. It just so happens that most cultured men have quite a few years of worldy experience under their belts. Most, but not all." After pausing, his smile widened as he returned verbal fire, copying the girl's words. "Besides, you're one to talk of age appropriate drinks. A mixed drink, really? Aren't you a bit too old to be a mixer girl? I thought only high schoolers drank those?" As he spoke the bartender arrived with his scotch. "Thank you." he shot at the bartender, even as he turned back to the party. "God, these parties really are awful. How these people can stand sweating against each other is beyond me. I assume you don't dance?" he inquired casually, as he took a practiced sip from his cup. "By the way, my name is Victor. And yours?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back