• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

SYNCING AUDIO ONE TWO THREE

Egolegume

of the Nightfall

SYNCING AUDIO ONE TWO THREE

I can only share certain chapters of this story. The chapters shared are okay to read in the order they appear. Chapters not posted are unconnected to the chapters post, but are part of a whole series of mini stories within the same verse.

Original story is located on
Ao3 (Archive Of Our Own) under the thread title. If you care to read the chapters not posted here.

This a fanfiction for Achievement Hunter set in an omega verse (Alpha / Omega / Beta Dynamics).

Chapter 6 : Smother

The living room of Geoff's house is dark not a light on not even the glow of the TV. The room is warm with the scent of happy omega, soft garden grass and cherry coke. On the couch Michael sits with his legs stretched out, Gavin laying nestled between his tights his head resting against his lower abdomen. Michael holds his hands over the other omega's eyes listening to the unbelievably loud purr Gavin makes. The sound vibrates around him in the darkness, it's the only sound he can hear. It gives him goosebumps, sending gentle tingles through his limbs into his chest and down through the rest of his body.

“Holy shit,” Michael murmurs, it's barely vocal mostly breath. The room feels immense and vast in the the smothering smell of their combined scents with the vibrating purr. “You're like a fucking drug.”

Gavin sinks into Michael and slowly, very gently rolls his head along his abdomen. He is floating behind Michael's hands. His world is lost and his senses are muted with the gentle fingers covering his eyes. Not even Michael's hushed words truly register. He feels immeasurably safe, loved, protected.

A soft kiss presses to his forehead, though the hands never move. Michael's lips leave a warm mark that melts over him. He can feel his purr shift in pitch, lowering with contentment. Above him, so slowly he doesn't loose the blissful feeling, the fingers over his eyes slip away. Michael's fingers card through his chest hair like warm, soothing pads that slide up and down.

Gavin feels smothered in the best way possible.

They fall asleep to gentle touches, soft lazy kisses and their heady scent.

Chapter 7: Lindsay+ : Intro

Lindsay scrubbed a hand through her bright red hair, tossing it at the back and shaking her head violently. Her body felt stiff and achy with the need to scent, she'd been so busy editing that she hadn't noticed it creep up on her. She had even turned down barb and Adam when they had individually come to her desk. Barb had been a doll she picked up lunch for them and took time to sit down and eat with her while she worked. Adam had come around dinner placing a Tupperware contain of home cooked dinner his wife had brought them (she was sweet to both of them, Lindsay adored the couple). The office was empty this late at nigh though and Lindsay was kicking herself for not scenting either alpha. The urge hadn't been there.

A loud cursing from the adjacent office pulled her attention from her plight. Michael roared a string of profanity at his screen when Lindsay peeked out into the main area. He stood arms crossed seat pushed out far behind him with his alpha stood just a foot away ready to stop what seemed like an inevitable foot to the equipment.

"Everything okay in here?" Her voice was gentle, sweet and soft. A pleasant twitter that cut through the seething rage and harsh guttural cursing. It made Michael turn his head away from his screen and stare at her with laboured breaths that seemed to even out.

"Yeah we're fucking fine."

"Oh, we'll that is good." Which is totally was, because the room smelled wonderfully heady with cherries and iron. It was warm going down her throat with a thick slide, bottoming out in her stomach hard in the most welcome way. How either of them could be any state but fucking fine was beyond her.

"What are you still doing her Lindsay?" The question rouses her from the warm place in her head, with its alpha undertone that she can't help but answer quickly.

"Editing," her replies is on par with a chipper lithe to the single word.

"I thought I told all you kids to go home early?" Geoff sounds mildly irritated to her and Lindsay can't help the chirp she makes. It is high in pitch, lasts a mere second and makes her straighten her back as she stops herself from uttering more than the single note. She doesn't know where it came from or why, but it's sound is enough.

Geoff perks up at the sound, tilting his head curiously. It reminds her of a dog. Michael's body movement and expression are no better. He smiles knowingly across the small space between them, dipping his head forward just enough to make him look devious. She really didn't need deviant though and she smirks back at him to defuse whatever plan he has.

"Don't you dare Michael!" Her words are a warning but they're too soft and the other omega easily slips his headphones off and gets up into her space. Of all the achievement hunter boys Michael was the wildest, but much to his disappointment he was the least overbearing presence of them all. For all his fire and bite he was far to cute and rosy cheeked for Lindsay to find him anything but a pleasant irritation at his worst. She could give him credit for trying though.

"So linds what brings you to the main office?" Michael rests a hand on his hip and knocks a fist into her shoulder softly.

Lindsay crowds him back taking her slight height difference to lean in just a little and pressed chaste kiss to his noes. The gesture makes him scrunch up his face in a scowl and huff at her without giving any ground. This was the game they played since she had become an achievement hunter. They would push and poke at one another. See who could go the furthest without stepping over that unspoken line. The one Geoff had set in the dirt the day he had claimed the omega as his own. Lindsay would be lying if she said she didn't mind the line, but sometimes she wished it hadn't been drawn. She liked the other omega and she liked it when their playful scuffles would get a little handsy.

Geoff whistles behind them both and shakes his head at the pair of omegas. "Keep making that face and it'll stay that way." He teases and loops an arms over Michael's shoulder. The omega tries to shake him off a handful of times unsuccessfully before giving up. Lindsay smiles sweetly at him and steps back just a tiny bit to give them some space. As welcome as Geoff was as an alpha when he clung to his boys she always felt a bit unwelcome and to get to close was an invasion of privacy their brief intimacy seemed to warrant.

"It"s okay Geoff he's far to pretty anyway, a little noes wrinkle wouldn't hurt him!"

Geoff gaffs at the quip. "This is why we keep you around Lindsay" he ruffles the fuming Michael's hair before the omega can bust. "So you about to head out?"

Lindsay shakes her head a small smidgen of disappoint settles into her. "No I have a little bit of rendering to finish and I need to upload the file I just edited." She admits tiredly, she would love to go home and shower. Then settle in for a night of much needed alone time, even if she didn't have an alpha she had the means to satisfy herself.

"We'll don't that suck dicks." Geoff squeezes Michael around the shoulders and eyes Lindsay sympathetically. "You're welcome to sit in her with us. We're nowhere near complete our edits."

Lindsay smiles her sweet smile that Geoff knows makes barb simmer and Adam beam. "Thanks Papa Geoff!"

Michael does't stop the tiny growl at the nickname and Lindsay doesn't fail to notice either. She gives the other omega a curious look that Geoff mirrors to Michael's side, though there is something knowing in his expression. "Sorry did I say something Michael?" She asks before Geoff can intervene. Michael pinches the bridge of his noes and forcefully slips from under his alphas arms, turning back to his own work.

"No."

"Good," she doesn't add any bite to the words and smiles back at Geoff. "Where is Gavin?"

"Sleeping," Michael snips at her and points at the couch over his shoulder. Gavin is curled on the couch in a tight ball, barely contained and surrounded by every plushy in the room, as if Michael and Geoff had made a game of it and it wouldn't surprise her if they had. She stifles a soft giggle at the sight and steps over to kneel down beside Gavin's sleeping form and card a hand through his matted mess of hair. The sleeping omega doesn't stir much but he rolls slightly, knocking plushies to the floor, and seeks out her fingers in his sleep. Michael once more growls behind her, before turning his back, and Lindsay shakes her head with an eye roll. He certainly wasn't being subtle about his possessiveness.

Geoff shrugs at her, going back to his work without saying a word. It leaves the room feeling tense and Lindsay finds the familiar need to scent creeping back in around the edges, their exchange having done nothing more than distract her a moment. She rolls her shoulder with a sigh and decides to sit down beside the couch leaning against the side of it to stare at the sleeping Gavin and let his soft flowery aroma duff her senses. It was the closest to scenting she figured she was going to get tonight.

Chapter 15: Lindsay+ : Part II

She coos, she doesn't usually coo, but the hand in her hair is so gentle as it slides through her hair. It doesn't tug at the strands, it rubs behind her ear and along the back of her neck. It feels wonderfully sweet and she feels herself smile as the fuzziness of sleep gradually flutters away with each caress. The soft voice that accompanies the fingers eases her completely out of her dozing.

"Linds, love you awake?" The voice is distinctly male and accented perfectly. She easily recognizes Gavin's enduring lithe and coos in reply her nose bussing up against something in front of her.

Her eyes shoot open when she realizes she isn't on the floor anymore. She is on the couch with Gavin, sitting pressed up against his side with her head on his shoulder, her face tucked into the crook of his neck. Her nose is pink from rubbing against his stubble. He smells wonderful though and her head feels clear. She shifts against him the hand kneading at his chest flattening to serve as her leverage point. She pushes up off him and eyes the omega curiously.

"How'd I end up here?" She asks straight up, but smiles at the content look on Gavin's face.

"Couldn't leave you sleeping on the fucking floor."

Michael stands hovering above them with his arms crossed, but he looks far less irritated then before she fell asleep. He pointedly doesn't look at her or Gavin, his line of sight locked just off to the side, but he eventually slides his pretty eyes to them with an indignant huff. As if it were so much work to stare at the stupidly sweet, sleepy pair.

"Well aren't you sweet." Lindsay slowly reaching out a tingly hand, half asleep from laying on it, and touches Michael's elbow softly. Rubbing her thumb along the red skin she knows is irritated from being leaned against while Michael edits.

"Yeah, yeah. God you're as annoying as he is. Why do you have to be so damn--"

"Cute!" Gavin chirps at his omega mate and his fingers fall from Lindsay's hair down along her back. Lindsay wiggles into the touch, her own fingers touching Michael stilling and hooking over the crook of his elbow to give a tiny encouraging tug. Gavin's flower smell heightens when Michael eyes the pair of them and let's himself be unceremoniously drags down to them. He practically flops in between them his back to Lindsay and his face ridiculously smoothed into Gavin's chest. Michael huffs at the both of him letting himself be manhandle until Lindsay is comfortably curved around his back trapped between him and the couch arm, her face bussing into the hair at the base of his neck.

"Yeah fucking cute."

Lindsay murmurs content. "How late is it?" She wonders not really knowing when she dozed off or for how long. It was pretty late when she came into the room to find them, around 11pm if she remembered correctly.

"Around 1:30am or so. Shit finished rendering about thirty minutes ago. Geoff just left to check out the rest of the office, see who he can order to leave. Then we're headed home."

Lindsay nods into Michael's back and sniffs at his sweet cherry coke scent, mixing in with Gavin's nearly overpowering flowery smell. It pumps out of the other omega like an endless syrup as if Michael mere presence is enough to get him worked up. Lindsay smiles at that loving the combined smell, letting it surround her like a blanket of comforting omega. She briefly wonders if her own fresh printed paper smell is as good, barb loved it reminding her of cracking a new book.

Geoff came back to the room a few minutes later and shoved a hand into both his omega's hair ruffling them with the curt order to get their stupid dicks up and out to the damn car. Which they reluctantly follow, drawing slowly their tangled pile, from Lindsay, to stand batting at one another ineffectively while snagging their bags off the floor beside their desks. Leaving the room is a process too, but they eventually get out the door and she can hear them down the hall. All the while Geoff remains in the office with her slowly gathering his things before stopping and leaving his bag on his seat.

Lindsay stood from the couch with a stretch, hands held high above her head in a taut line with a soft little groan. Geoff watches her with a considering look on his face, examining her carefully as if looking for some sign Lindsay can't identify let alone give. It is brief look though, nothing that overstays its welcome, as if he is satisfied with the sign Lindsay wasn't sure he was looking for.

"Geoff?" Lindsay says his name in a quiet, but calm voice.

Geoff hums at the female omega and stretches a hand casually through his hair in a disarming gesture to make him less encompassing. It works and Lindsay easily steps up to the alpha with a soft sleepy smile, still a bit hazy from the other omega boys scent.

"This is going to be damn fucking presumptuous of me."

Lindsay giggles at the phrasing. "Been hanging out with Ryan have you?" She teases and the alpha grins at her a giving a tiny shake of his head.

"He's been chattering non stop today, so yeah too much Ryan I'm picking up his bad habit of big fancy words."

"Consider this omega impressed boss!" She quips back easily.

"Guess I should use them more often, huh!"

Lindsay nods and a tiny yarn escapes her, that Geoff seems to quickly notices. He watcher her lips part and before she closes her eyes Lindsay see the peculiar look in the alphas eyes. When she opens her eyes and rubs the tiny tears there, from the yawn, Geoff is a tiny bit closer and looking far more bashful...Lindsay can't quite believe it.

"Geoff is something wrong?" She doesn't let the surprise into her voice instead letting it lithe into curiosity.

The alpha's sighs and take a deep breath before he speaks. "I noticed you came in here Lindsay and this is going to be a bit forward, bare with me, but I wanted to ask if you came in to scent? You know I'm just asking as the resident pack alpha of the achievement hunter office."

Lindsay gives the alpha a happy, pleased smile and nods at him. "Yeah I did come in to scent with you, but you were busy and I know how your boys are. Michael doesn't exactly share well!" The last is a little sad sounding and Geoff can't identify exactly why, but tucks it away for later.

A guilty feeling quickly settles in place though and the alpha scratches at th back of his neck and tips his eyes to the ceiling for a quick moment. "I'm really sorry for that linds, I should have paid more attention when you came into the office before."

The omega is quick to interrupt. "No Geoff, goodness it's okay boss. I know you're busy, you can't possibly scent every ome--"

"But I can Lindsay and I'm sorry I didn't pay attention. You're a great girl, least demanding achievement hunter of them all, and that includes your old desk buddy. I was, well there is no excuse."

Lindsay covers her soft smile with her hand and steps up into the alpha, pressing her forehead gently to his shoulder. No other contact is made for a few finite seconds. Geoff hums beside her his apology cut short, but no less effective in making Lindsay feel cared about and appreciated. The sound rumbles through his chest into her and makes her feel soft and safe. A hand eventually presses comfortingly to her back, high along her shoulder blades. It feels like the perfect way to end the night, with her lungs filled with Geoff's metallic scent and the hints of his omega and his firm hand against her back.

"Thank you boss." She murmurs into his shoulder and busses her nose against him. "You let those silly omega's of yours the cuddles were lovely."

Geoff rubs a tiny circle into her back and inhales Lindsay's unique and lovely paper and ink scent like the inside of a new game and it's instructional booklet. She really was an amazing girl, the toughest omega in the office if anyone were to ask. Even his fiery Michael was no match for the emotional rock and stable force Lindsay was in their group. Geoff didn't tell her that enough.

"Lindsay would you want to come over tonight. My spare room is ready for a guest, we can stay up even later, we don't need to come in tomorrow and I'll make my famous breakfast in the morning." The offer is said sweetly and carefully and Lindsay hangs on every work letting the offer skin into her fuzzy head and settle for a few moments. When it finally clicks she coos and grins against Geoff's shoulder.

"I would like that boss." She says as she pulls her head off his shoulder and grins up at him. She really did appreciate the offer as it didn't come often and she really did want the company. Hours in the office with them was one thing, spending a little free time in the pack alphas home was another. It recharged the batteries, made them all feel better, it was why Geoff often held BBQ-pool parties to help their crazy team refresh.

"Want a ride?" Geoff asks with a hand gently carding through her long red hair, it was a bit forward but Lindsay is okay with the careful calculated touch. It was an alpha thing, Barb and Adam did the same thing when she was like this. As if touching an omegas hair was soothing to the alpha.

"You don't mind if I ride with you?"

Geoff shakes his head and steps away from her to grab his bag. "Wouldn't have offered if I did love. Grabs your stuff I'll wait for you."

Lindsay disappears into the side office to snatch up her bag, noticing that Michael had obviously finished her project for her. He saved it, put it in the right folder and had shutdown her computer. There was a neon green sticky note on her monitor that read: "finished your shit girl. Mogar's got your back!" With a tiny drawing of a dick that made her smile and tuck the note into her purse as she swung it over her shoulder the flicked off the office light.

Her and Geoff left the office side by side appearing in the parking lot to find Michael and Gavin pressed to the side of Geoff's car locked at the mouth. Michael had his hands fisted in the brit's shirt using the leverage to press the other omega hard into the car. Lindsay was the first to whistle and without missing a beat hopped up beside the omegas and press herself along Michael's back like a horrible tease. "Don't you two look pretty," she coos into his ear and Michael, too Geoff surprise, croons at her instead of growling.

"You fuckers couldn't wait till we got home huh?" Geoff slides past the puppy pile of omegas and open the drivers side door with a shake of his head.

Gavin sputters and babbles nonsense at all three of them. Trying to explain that they were just kissing and they weren't trying to start anything. But Michael shuts him up with a hand over his mouth and a husky whisper in his ear. Lindsay draws herself away and gives Michael plush side a soft pinch as she pulls open the passenger door and slips inside.

"Shotgun!" Titters from the front seat and both boys echo a soft "hey!" Before slipping into the back seat, all arms and legs and soft gripping. It is a task and a half to get going, but eventually with some heated alpha orders both boys settle and they pull away from the rooster teeth office at nearly 2am.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chapter 5: Withdrawals Part I

One week three days was all it took and Michael absolutely hated biology for it. The AH office was a horrible place to be with the constantly furious omega. Michael sat with his touke pulled over his ears, slumped into his chair staring venomously at Gavin's empty seat where he'd kicked the offending office furniture into the wall. Behind him Ray watched with raised eyebrows and Jack shook his head holding back a beta fueled sigh of told-you-so (that he was going to save for Geoff and Gavin when they got back).

Ryan however looked concerned watching the omegas back with tightly pressed lips and firm unwavering eyes. They were use to Michael's outbursts, they were part of his whole online persona, but this was off camera and very real. Something was bothering the omega enough to sour his scent and his mood for the last two days.

“Fuck, god fucking damn it, I'm going taking a break.” Michael spat standing far to quickly, knocking his chair back into his overhanging mic stand and rattling the contents of his desk. “Arugh, fuck.”

Ray's chirp is loud and pitched high with startlement. It does nothing to stop Michael from storming out of the room and slamming the door loudly without regard for how he agitates his omega friend.

“He's in a foul mood.” Jack says offhandedly returning to his editing. “Think he's finally starting to miss our abroad idiots?”

Ray spins his seat around. “You think? God he's angrier than his rage quit videos. I think he dented the damn wall.”

Jack shifts in his seat to look at the wall across the room. “Well at least it's not a hole. We can deal with a dent.”

Ray smiles at the soft tone and the nonchalance of the beta and wheels his chair close to press his forehead against his friends shoulder. Breathing in his soft scent and letting it clear his head.

Ryan sighs staring at the closed door, his insides feel shaken with the need to go to Michael the omega's fiery agitation stirring primal alpha instincts. “I think I should follow him. He's going to rip anyone who says anything a proverbial asshole.”

Ray muffles a snicker into Jack's shoulder and rubs his noes into the fabric of his sleeve, scenting his friend gently and receives a big hand over the back of his neck. It sends warmth into him and Ray chirps.

“You're the temporary pack alpha, not going to disagree with your assessment.” Jack looks to his Alpha friend and continues to rub the back of Ray's neck. “Clearly something is going on and maybe you should take him aside and talk.”

Ryan hums considerately and bites his lip.

“God help me he's going to bite a chunk out of my arm.”

Jack smiles behind his beard with a wide grin. “You and Dan can match!”

“Haha, real funny. He did a number to Dan's arm, the kid has a literal bite.”

Ray hums and closes his eyes. “Offer to get him out of the office Rye, I'm sure he could go for something greasy to take his mind off things.”

Ryan looks to his omega with a quirked eyebrow. “He say something to you?”

Ray shakes his head. “Nope, but what lad doesn't enjoy an artery clogging meal?”

Ryan huffs a half laugh and smiles down at his omega. He was a smart kid and Ryan was glad his omega wasn't a spit fire like Michael. Ryan didn't envy Geoff, his omegas were a handful. He couldn't imagine having to placate two omega's as surprisingly high maintenance as Michael and Gavin. Both boys were strongly independent in day to day life and work, yet so very emotionally needy.

“You don't mind if I take him out alone?”

Ray lifts his head off Jack's shoulder and peers at his mate over his friend. “Naw man, just come back in one piece.” Ray appreciates his alpha's consideration and wiggles his finger beckoning Ryan closer. When the alpha walks up beside him Ray snatches the hem of his shirt and tugs making the alpha bend forward to receive a soft press of lips to his own. “Text me if you need rescue.”

Ryan slips his tongue out last moment to lick at Ray's soft lips, before pulling back and smiling down at his playful mate. “Will do Ray. Jack make sure he gets his work done!”

Jack waves his friend off and ruffles a hand through Ray's hair. “Go rescue our resident night fury. We'll hold down the fort while you're away.”

Ryan nods and gives Ray once last kiss before leaving the office, keys in hand and sweater slung over his shoulder.

Ryan looks all over the break area of the office, inside the phone both, down narrow halls, but there is no sign of Michael. He even corners Joel for a minute to ask if he's seen him, careful not to get too close to the newly claimed alpha.

“You seen Michael anywhere?”

“Naw, why what's up?”

Ryan looks from left to right and up at the ceiling. “I think Gavin and Geoff being away has gotten to him.” Ryan admits with a sigh.

Joel tips his head to one side. “Oh?”

“He's just about as angry, if not angrier, than the time he bit Dan.”

Joel whistles and nods his head, bringing the mug Ryan had bought him to his lips. “Well I suggest you find him. We can't afford rabies shots for everyone!”

Ryan shakes his head and sighs indignantly. “Come on I'm serious here the kids a bit of a mess right now. Being away from Geoff and Gavin has really gotten to him.”

Joel sips his coffee and considers the omega for a moment. He's not exactly the best of friends with the Jersey boy, but they've hung out around the office. He certainly knew Geoff well enough. “Try the empty office in the back, the one with the couch and storage containers.”

Ryan scrunches his brows together. “Why would he back there?”

“Goeff goes back there to get away from you idiots.” Joel heckles. “Sometimes he hauls his silly omega's with him. It's quite and out of the way. He can be subtle about his scenting, unlike his stupid mates.”

Ryan gives Joel a soft “huh,” before patting his friend on the shoulder and slipping past him in the direction of the back office. He hasn't considered the room before, Geoff really had to share his trade secrets with him sometime. Him and Ray were past hiding in the prop teams storage closest, a secluded back room would be nice once and a while.

Ryan find the office with the lights off and the door closed. He can't see anything past the small door window, but carefully opens the door anyways to peek inside. The room is cold and smells like flat cherry coke with a hint of something metallic. Ryan can recognize the fain undertones of Geoff's smell in the air, it's old and stale, but it confirms his suspicions.

“The fuck you want?” Michael's voice cracks with the words, like he's holding back a few feelings he doesn't much want to admit he has. Ryan feels a pang of sympathy for the omega, remembering repressing his own feelings and how much it messed up his insides.

“Came to check on you is all. You're─”

“What? Irritable. Fuck you, I'm totally fine. Just a long day.” Michael's defensive response only serves to make Ryan close the door behind him, though he doesn't bother turning on the lights. Instead he stands with his back to the door and lets his eyes adjust to the dark room.

Michael shifts on the couch with the silence that settles around them. He stares up at Ryan standing so very still by the door, watching his wide shoulders silhouetted by the light from the hall. He looks impossibly big and Michael tugs the hood of the hoodie he wears over his head and pulls the drawstrings tight. His eyes close to block out everything else.

A few minutes later Michael feels like his world tips when his noes is hit with Ryan's oven baked bread smell. The scent his heady and heavy with alpha pheromones that lite up every sensor in Michael's brain. It was like every red submit-omega-button was hit and his body instantly relaxes against his will. So when he tenses a pitiful pained moan leaves his mouth and his body aches. Ryan sits beside him without touching, he's a ball of warmth and calming smells Michael doesn't want to give into.

“Fuck off Ryan.”

Ryan bites his lower lip and stares up at the ceiling in silent prayer as he shifts on the couch to turn towards the omega ball. In the darkness Ryan can't make out much, but he can smell Geoff's old scent on the sweater Michael wears. Ryan suspects it was left here on accident and it was likely the closest thing to the missing alpha's smell Michael could find.

“Michael.”

“What? I said fuck off Ryan.”

“Can I give you a hug?”

Michael bristles at the calm words, how they make him feel warm and want nothing more than to crawl into the alpha's arms. “I don't need a fucking hug Ryan. God. What the hell do you fucking want?”

Ryan clenches his jaw at the rawness of Michael's words and his heart thumps against his chest like a drum trying to sooth the omega. It was such a stupid idea for Geoff and Gavin to leave at the same time. Ryan wasn't sure of the circumstances, but there had to have been a better solution. Then again who would have guessed Michael of all people would feel such a loss.

“Michael I know you miss them,” Ryan touches the top of the hoodie covered head in front of him, gently letting the weight of his hand settle into the boy under it. Until he feels Michael butt up, ever so slightly, into it with a hushed murmur.

Ryan lets a rumble settle in his chest at the feeling of Michael responding, and slides a little closer to him. The sound makes Michael lift his head slowly, making sure not to knock Ryan's hand away, and peer through the tiny hole of the strung up hoodie hood. Beside him Ryan watches with a soft smile that is welcoming, like the rest of his casual posture that is nonthreatening even though he's seems so big.

The hand on his head kneads lightly against his scalp and Michael bites his lip against the swell of warm want the feeling elicits. “I don't miss them.” He scrunches his eyes closed.

“Not even a little bit?” Ryan draws his hand down the side of Michael's head and hooks a thumb in the tiny opening of the hoodie. Tugging lightly he loosens the fabric enough to slide his hand in along Michael's cheek, rubbing a thumb over the apples of his cheek.

Michael makes a soft sound of protest, but otherwise stays still. Letting the warm hand of the alpha stroke against his skin and raise heat to his face. Any desire to protest slowly melts away with each gentle touch. As does the tension in his muscles. Michael finally lets the oven baked smell muffle his sense, dull the agitated buzz, the comforting sense of submit-omega taking over.

Ryan feels before he sees Michael lean forward. He carefully lets the omega's movement slip the hoodie off his own head, as he lays himself in Ryan's lap with a broken sounding chirp like he's giving up. Ryan rubs his hand over Michael's neck soothing the sound into a soft muffled hum. He can feel Michael's fingers grip and release and grip again against his knee, almost like kneading but exaggerated.

They sit in companionable silence scenting with soft soothing chirps and alpha rumbles.

The ride home is quiet except for the song playing in the background. Ray leans his head against the passenger window with his eyes closed and hands folded in his lap. Ryan glances at his omega when he can, wishing nothing more than to scoop him up and cuddle him. Except for the nagging question at the back his head he hasn't quite asked yet.

Ray sniffs and rubs a hand over his eyes when the car comes to a sudden stop at a red light. “Dude, you trying to kill us?” He says sleepily.

Ryan huffs. “Red light, sorry did I wake you up?”

Ray shakes his head and pats his other hand on Ryan's holding the steering wheel. “Naw, it's okay we're almost home anyway.” Ray adjusts himself in his seat, sitting a little high and tugging the seat belt aside to get comfortable.

Ryan takes a slow breath as the light drags on. “So I got a question for you.” He doesn't look at Ray when the omega perks up and turns in his seat. When Ray stops his brief nervous shuffling Ryan speaks again. “It's about Michael.”

Ray scrunches his eyebrows together and purses his lips. “What about him, you said he was better after you scented.”

Ryan nods at the assessment, because it was true Michael had been a bit better after the prolonged scenting session and a late lunch. They had returned to the office to record a Things To Do, and everyone was in a lighter mood. Except Ryan hadn't been convinced it would last long.

“Don't sound too concerned for him there Ray.” Ryan teases lightly, but his omega pokes him in the side with a protest.

“I care about him tons man, but it's Michael he's a big boy who can take care of himself. He did it before Geoff came around, I'm sure he can do it now.”

Ryan nods and smiles. “Yeah, but you know how being mated can be.”

“No I don't man, we're still courting!”

Ryan nearly throws his hands up in defeat, but bats at the omega beside him with one hand instead of letting go of the wheel entirely. “You know what I mean smart ass.”

“The smartest!”

“Gosh, you're terrible, listen Ray I have an idea and I what to know if you're on board?”

Ray beams at his alpha from the passengers seat and settles back. “I'm all in, you know I wouldn't give up a chance to scheme with you!”

Ryan shakes his head but appreciates his omega's dedication. “Have you ever taken scent suppressants before?” Ryan asks, but quickly corrects himself. “Of course you haven't, you just presented. Okay, well I suggest we take some.”

Ray runs his hand through his hair and adjusts his glasses. “Wait why should we take suppressants?”

“Well I have a friend who is a nurse. I called her this afternoon to ask about omega scent withdrawals, I had heard they were a thing.” Ryan explains, pulling away from the intersection and down the road. “Omega's who get separated from their alpha mate and get emotionally imbalanced without their scent.”

“Like Burnie?”

Ryan shakes his head. “No, not quite like that. It's more like the omega gets overwhelmed by their natural emotions. Some omegas are high emotion people who react with extreme emotions, really happen, really sad but little else between. Not bipolar though rather just naturally high intensity people.”

“Or really angry?”

Ryan smiles and nods. “Or really angry. Their alpha helps regulate it. You know how you like to scent.”

“It calms me down.” Ray admits with a soft blush that creeps to his cheeks.

“It does the same for Michael, he's always in Geoff's lap or butting up against Gavin. They help regulate him. So Michael can still be extreme, but he is able to recharge by scenting Geoff and Gavin.”

Ray nods and hums his understanding.

“What do suppressants have to do with this though?” Ray asks a few seconds later.

“My nurse friend told me that sometimes her staff will wear the clothing of a patients alpha and simply hold the patient. A lot of long term care patients mates can't be in the hospital all the time. She says the smell of the their mate and the physical contact combined help the patient calm down. Since scenting isn't only about the smell, but the feeling of being held.”

Ray pulls his feet up onto the seat and wraps his arms around his knees. “You want to cuddle Michael while smelling like Geoff?” He asks, picking up on the plan.

“and Gavin,” Ryan adds glancing at his mate. “Together, you and me, we can take suppressants tonight and hit Geoff's place tomorrow. Pickup a hoodie and maybe a shirt. I'll call Geoff tonight to ask if he has anything scent heavy.”

“Then what? Ryan we can't just invite Michael over to cuddle.” Ray looks put back and a bit uncertain about the plan.

“We can invite him over to game and eat pizza or something. We can get the good stuff from the place you like.”

“You hate how greasy it is.” Ray pouts playfully and nudges his alpha's elbow.

“I do but I know you two love that shit. I can survive, I'll eat a salad on the side.” Ryan teases back and looks to his omega with a soft smile. “Does it sound like a plan?”

Ray coos beside him and reaches to run a hand over Ryan's bicep down his arm. “Yeah I think we can do that.” Ray smiles and looks out the window to hide the blush that comes to his face at the way his alpha is acting and, really if he admits it, is becoming a bit of a pack leader. Normally it was only for domestic alpha-on-alpha, but Ray guesses it now includes pseudo-alpha-omega friends in need too.

It's almost one in the morning when Ryan makes the call. Geoff answers with a chipper hello and happy laugh. “Hey Geoff, so things in the office have been a bit off while you've been gone.” Ryan admits and smiles at the groan on the other end.

“The dicks you fuckers do?” Geoff asks and Ryan can imagine him rubbing his eyes and hanging his head.

“It's Michael.”

Geoff's overly concerned and loud “what” makes Ryan wince on the other end of the call.

“He's going through some scent withdrawals.” Ryan explains the situation to a chorus of hums and groans and Ryan thinks he hears some firsts hitting something hard, but he can't be sure.

“So let me get this right. You and Ray want to cuddle my omega smelling like Gavin and I?” Geoff asks.

“Yes.”

“Your nurse friend said that works?” Geoff sounds curious and maybe a bit disbelieving.

“Yes, we just need some scent heavy clothing. Fresher the better, but it's been over a week since you've been home. Still I think the contact and the smell combined should help.”

Geoff makes a strange sound on the other end of the line, like he wants to protest but he knows better than to throw a wrench into the plan. Ryan suspects the scent withdrawals go both ways, but as an alpha Geoff is handling it far better. Ryan briefly wonders how Gavin is doing.

“Okay I have a few musky sweaters on my bed I didn't take with me. Michael likes them. I think Gavin has some stuff in his room too, just go in and take a wiff I guess.” Geoff says over the line and a sigh can be heard. “I promise we'll never do something like this again Rye.”

Ryan catches the corner of his mouth between his canines and presses his cheek to his cell. “It's okay Geoff no one knew Michael would feel this way. I don't even think he knows what is happening to him.”

Geoff breathes heavy on the other end of the line. “Take care of him Ryan, and thank you for being a great temporary pack alpha.”

Ryan swells at the praise and mentally reminds himself to do a good job and not mess up. “Thanks Geoff. Try to enjoy the rest of your trip, I promise we'll help Michael through this.”

They chat for a little while longer before hanging up. Ryan settles back in his seat at his kitchen table and swirls cold coffee around the mug in front of him. This was certainly not something he thought he'd end up doing. Being a pack alpha was more work than he ever considered, Geoff made it look so easy the way he handles all of them in that office. Not even the main six either, but the other too. Ryan is thankful tonight would be only him, Ray and Michael, he could do this. Until then he was going to get some shuteye.

Chapter 10: Withdrawals Part II

Ray and Ryan enter the Ramsey house together and set to work finding what they need. Ray disappears from Ryan's side to the converted garage room, hollering out to Ryan with a whoop of triumph when he finds what he needs quickly. Ray had skyped Gavin that morning to bug the omega about where to find his scentiest clothing. Gavin had laughed it off, but eventually Ray explained the situation and spent a good thirty minutes calming the squawking Brit down. Ryan followed Geoff's instructions and found the hoodies on the rumpled mess of the Alpha's bed. Geoff had been in a hurry to get out when he left that he hadn't bothered tidying up his bed. Ryan didn't really care much he was thankful the hoodies were where he said they'd be and they smelled heavily of the Alpha.

The bastard must have been sleeping with these for nights before he left. Ryan thinks and takes another note for himself, leave Ray hoodies and shirts if he ever went out of town without him.

Ray drapes himself over his Alpha when Ryan comes out of the room, making a soft simpering sound when he can't find Ryan's smell. “Suppressants suck man, you don't smell like you.” Ray pouts and presses his face harder into Ryan's chest.

“Dude not even our clothes smell right. You sure did a number to make sure we aren't us.”

Ryan hugs Ray to him and scratches at the back of his head. “I know and thank you. Michael is going to really appreciate this. Geoff is very thankful too, I don't think he could trust anyone else to take care of Michael like this.”

Ray chirps and hugs his Alpha, wrapping his arms around his chest and holding on as tightly as he can. His face presses harder into Ryan's pecks and Ray's breath is hot through the fabric.

“I'm glad Geoff trusts us, you know. It's a big deal and who would have thought I'd be doing something like this. My job description needs and update.” Ray quips playfully.

Ryan smiles above his omega and preens with pride that his omega, his sweet quite Ray, was such a good sport and a trooper about this all. It was rare to have a group like theirs and rarer yet to have a mate so willing to go out of their way for their friends like this. Not every omega could share their alpha like Ray was about to tonight.

They left the Ramsey house the way they found it minus a few hoodies and a couple shirts. They'd return them later.

Michael really doesn't think much of it when he gets to Ray's, he really doesn't notice the lack of the omega's scent. The house has his smell all over the place faint bits of vanilla that float through the air wherever you go. What trips the fiery omega up is the lack of Ryan smell when the Alpha arrives with greasy pizza from the place Ray and him love. Ryan comes into the house and sets the boxes on the table, going into the kitchen to fetch a few plates and cups for pop. When he sets them down on the table Michael is able to get a good whiff of his friend.

“Uh, guys,” Michael wears a quizzical expression his eyes darting between the alpha and the the omega, his brow getting tighter and tighter with each pass between them. “The fuck is going on?”

Ray blanches at the question. He isn't sure how to answer, let alone what Michael is referring to.

“Ray?” Michael turns on his friend and points a demanding finger at the mildly panic-faced omega. “You fuckers didn't take suppressants because of what happened the other day?” There it was the suppressants, knowing what has Michael a little edgy help calm ray's nerves.

Ryan rolls his eyes up to the sky and mouths a thank you into the air. Michael was bright but thankfully he hadn't really caught on to what they were doing. So Ryan took his chance and dropped a hand on Michael's shoulder.

“We did, but don't think to much about it Michael. We just figured it was a courtesy we could do, we know how much we stink.” Ryan squeezes reassuringly and hands Michael a plate.

The omega shivers and takes the plate from Ryan. “You fuckers didn't have to do that.” he says under his breath and flips the first pizza box open. “You don't stink either, you smell like french toast together.”

“It's no big deal man.” Ray pipes up from the other side of the table, grabbing his own plate and piling a few slices onto it. He didn't want to have to get up mid match to reload.

Michael smiles down at his pizza and turns from his friends, walking into the living room and depositing himself on the couch. “Well thanks I guess. Next time don't, I feel all stupid now.”

Ryan takes a slice or two and rounds the corner to kiss Ray on the cheek and whisper encouragement into his ear. He can sense the trepidation his omega feels and he doesn't want to see it. The plan was going just fine, one little hiccup wasn't going to ruin their hard work.

“Go on and start the match. I'm going to watch while I eat.” Ryan says nudging his omega into the living room with a startled chirp. Michael laughs from where he sits and calls his friend over, shaking a controller in the air.

“Come on asshole stop macing out with your boyfriend and lets get our COD on!”

Ray protests “not macing out you dick” and flops down beside Michael, laying his head against his friends thigh and carefully placing his food on the coffee table.

Both boys laugh raucously as the fifth round ends. Michael bats at Ray controller like a cat, he was in last place having raged himself silly at the opposing team who seemed to know exactly where he was at all times. Ray had tried to cover his friend as best he could, but Michael had given up long before Ray could exact his vengeance. Eventually they ended up wrestling down between the couch and the coffee table, knees and sides of bodies knocking the table out of the way enough to give Ray the advantage.

Michael made a suspiciously Gavin-like noise when Ray flipped him onto his back, pinning the older omega down to the floor with a hoot of victory. Michael breathed heavily under his friend staring up into Ray's bright eyes and beaming smile. It felt good to hang out with Ray and Ryan, Michael hadn't known he needed the company, but now that he had it he felt amazing and silly for not suggesting it sooner.

Above him Ray began to settle down sitting back against Michael's hips and the press of his raised knees. Michael hums and bucks against Ray playfully, knocking the omega forward. Ray makes a loud chirp bracing his hands on Michael's shoulders with a half smile that quirks his lips as he mouths “you fucker”, but his expressions changes when Michael eyes the collar of his zipped up hoodie.

“Hey,” Ray tries to bat away Michael's hands when he reach for the hoodie zipper. “Michael what you doing?” He says but Michael manages to catch the zippers tiny handle and tug it down, making Ray have to grip the Jersey boy's shoulders for balance.

Under him Michael's expression goes from curious to confused in the blink of his brown eyes. “Dude are you wearing Gavin's shirt?” The question sounds more confused each word and Michael pushes himself up on his elbows. Forcing Ray to sit back and make his classic exaggerated frowning face as Michael begins to glare up at him. “Dude this is Gavin's fucking shirt isn't it?”

Ray tries to shrug like he doesn't know what Michael is talking about, but the omega between his thighs grabs a handful of fabric and sniffs deep. Ray holds himself still in wait. It was their plan after all, to cuddle and keep close to Michael while smelling his mates. The other omega was going to find out eventually.

Ryan comes back from the bathroom with his own hoodie pulled off and replaced with Geoff's, which is totally too tight, but looks fantastic on him anyways. He finds his omega straddling Michael's lap with the other omega's face pressed into his chest with a nose full of Gavin's shirt. The expression that Michael wears, at least of what Ryan can see of it, is a scrunched up mix of angry and confused, but mostly angry.

Ray on the other hand looks torn, Ryan decides, like the kid wants to card his hand through Michael's hair but also doesn't want to touch too soon. Ryan understands the caution if they spook Michael or worse make him angry (beyond the average rage) it was all over. It was a fine balancing act of letting Michael accept the strange circumstances and finding the right time to make their offer.

Michael pulls his face away from Ray's chest and glares up at the omega, his fist still gripping the fabric possessively. “The fuck are you doing wear Gavin's shit Ray?” Michael asks with a hard edge.

Ray swallows and gulps a deep breath before answering. He is careful to move slow and wraps his hand around the fist at his chest. “We thought this might help you feel better.” Ray says quietly, nearly a whisper that only Michael and him share, but Ryan is close enough now to pickup on the soft sound.

Under him Michael stiffens and his eyes go hard. “The fuck?” Ray squeezes Michael's hand and leans forward, his other hand carding into Michael's red curls ever so gently at the back of his head. Michael frowns and shivers with the dual touches and swallows a warbling grown that tries to be a chirp at the same time.

“I asked Gavin were to find this shirt, he knows I have it.” Ray whispers pressing his lips to the top of Michael's head, holding him close to his chest intentionally.

Michael simmers his insides hitching at the implications of what is happening, his thoughts narrow to the smell of grass and garden that seeps from the shirt. The urge to press closer becoming a welcome and warm sensation that Michael's mind chases on its own. His body following suit as he presses his face into the shirt with a soft murmur.

“We know you miss them,” Ray whispers into red curls and combs his fingers through soft hair the gesture seeming to be welcomed as Michael pressed into his chest and breathes in deep. Ray feels tingly and warm where the omega's noes busses against him, a deep seeded need to sooth fluttering through him. He doesn't even notice when he begins to purr. His world seems to narrow to just him and Michael for a few minutes.

Ryan very slowly approaches the pair watching Ray practically lull Michael into a complacent ball. He feels a swell of pride at the confidence his omega shows, how he holds Michael's head or the purrs rumbling deep as if he were an alpha. It gives Ryan a tingle that shivers down from head to tips of fingers and toes. He can understand why people have domestic kinks, he could watch Ray sooth for hours.

Ryan gently sits down on the couch as close to the pair as he can without disrupting them, and ever so gently runs the tips of his fingers along the span of Michael's shoulders. The omega practically moans into Ray's chest and visibly folds into the omega holding him up. Ray flutters his lashes over his eyes and looks at Ryan with a blissful, happy expression.

“You two are lovely.” Ryan says lowly to suit the hush in the room. The COD start screen quietly plays in the background, a strangely unnatural soundtrack yet befitting of them.

Ray coos at Ryan his fingers scratching at Michael's scalp with slow drags of his blunt finger tips over sensitive skin. Michael chitters back at Ray butting into Ray's chest with his nose and rolling his head into Ray's hand.

Ryan vaguely feels a pang at the momentary loss of Ray's sweet vanilla smell, when Michael's cherry scent begins to fill the room. The scent is startlingly potent with rich undertones Ryan can't quite place, they are not arousal per se rather akin to the smell of happy-omega and submission. Ryan presses his tongue to the pallet of his mouth closing his eyes as he breathes in the smell. The scent tickles the back of his throat like sharp liquor and his eyes open with a spark of resolve.

Ray gasps sweetly when Ryan slides in close to the pair seated on the floor, and reaches a large, warm hand to cup his omega's cheek tenderly. The room is a swirl of Michael's potent scent and it makes Ray's head feel delicately fuzzy, like he's being slowly dragged through the thick syrup of Michael's smell. Ryan's thumb brushes the apples of his cheek, ever so carefully tipping his head up. The gentle gesture is followed by a tender, slow kiss. Ryan's lips press to Rays in a sweet quest for permission, that Ray gives without a second though. His lips open to Ryan with a soft little puff of breath. Ryan grins against Ray's mouth and licks along his parted lips, tasting the pop he'd drunk.

Michael begins to settle in his head drawing his face away from Ray's chest when he becomes aware of the heat behind him, he doesn't have a whole lot of room to move when he tries. His head bumps into the broad chest behind him. The closed in feeling makes him growl, but the sharp breath he takes to let another growl out draws in the heavy metallic scent of─

“Daddy,” Michael lets the pet-name slip past his lips without thinking, it's breathy and lost sounding. The second he knows it's out Michael gasps, but it only serves to pull in his Alpha's smell and coil need deep in his chest. He wants to run from the smell and chase it all at once. He feels heat rush to his face, over his ears and across the back of his neck.

Ryan slowly pulls away from Ray when he hears the word, a mixed tingle hitting his belly when it registers. It doesn't surprise him that the pair share a daddy kink, it actually feels rather expected. Ryan does notice the red sliding over Michael's skin though and quickly looks to Ray. His omega wears a sweet expression, it's a soft smile with fluttering eyes that look down at the top of the flustered omega's head. Ray's fingers still scratch at Michael's scalp soothing and slow. Ryan licks his lips and rests his hand at the back of Michael's neck.

The omega whimpers at the firm touch and instinctively leans back into it. “Guys,” he whispers the word and lifts his head very slowly. Ryan keeps his hand steady and leans into Michael to press his nose into ruffled red curls.

“Shhh, Michael it's okay.” Ryan assures and kisses the side of his head, his hand sliding to the side of Michael's neck to tug the omega closer.

Michael doesn't resist the tug of the alpha's hand and leans in against Ryan's tight against his back. It feels solid along his shoulder and his eyes close as he breaths in. Geoff's scent fills his nose thick and metallic, it feels amazing and Michael whimpers squeezing his eyes tighter. He wants nothing more than to climb into Ryan and press himself to the alpha, but he knows it's not Geoff and he doesn't understand the rules of this strange game.

“Rye, what you guys doing. I don't understand this fucking game.” Michael squeezes out the question and reluctantly opens his eyes to look up at the alpha.

Ryan winces when he realizes the ass he's been, how springing this on Michael without any explanation must have been confusing (it was confusing). Ryan draws away even though Michael makes a soft sound of protest.

“We realized you were going through scent withdrawals,” Ryan begins to explain. “So I found out something we, Ray and I, could do to help you out.”

Michael frowns at Ryan. “What are you on about?”

Ryan smiles at that. “We called Geoff and Gavin, we asked to grab some of their stuff so we smell like them. Michael we want to scent you smelling like your mates, you miss them and it's affecting your mood.”

Michael hangs his head a little embarrassed to admit that it was true, he fucking missed the shit out of Geoff and Gavin. If he was honest he was a little mad that they left him alone for so long. He also wanted them back, wanted to nest down with them and smell them until he couldn't smell a thing any longer. Roll around in bed and hold onto them. It was sentimental and stupid and needy, but everything inside him craved his mates.

“I'm so bad you'd be willing to scent me huh?” Michael makes a strangled sound when Ray suddenly wraps his arms around him and hugs him tightly.

“You fucking idiot you were unbearable,” he teases and brushes his cheek to Michael's. He sniffs at the other omega's hair and nuzzles his neck like a kitten. Michael butts his head against Ray's in return. The touch reminds him of Gavin, just less jittery and not just because Ray smelled like his boyfriend.

Ryan interrupts with a soft touch to both omegas heads. “Michael are you okay with this?” He asks in the moment of clarity they have, he remembers belatedly that though he has Geoff's permission to and quote “cuddle his omega” Ryan hadn't really asked Michael himself.

Michael smile wide, up at Ryan and nods. “Yeah, I am. I can't believe you two did all this just for me. I mean this is a stretch and you two aren't even mated and you're, holy shit you're─”

Ray rolls his eyes and cups hands to Michael's cheek and leans in, the action catching both the other omega and the alpha off guard. Ray presses his mouth to Michael in a chaste kiss that muffles and kills Michael's word, the other omega's hands do a fluttering dance along Ray's sides before gripping his hips.

Ryan whistles impressed, giving his daring omega raised eyebrows and pressed straight lips. This wasn't exactly something he talked to Geoff about, not that he minded his omega kissing Michael and he suspects Geoff wouldn't care too much either. Still Ryan clears his throat.

“It's quite alright Michael,” he says though his voice sounds amused at the display. Ray chitters pulling away from the flustered omega, but Michael grips his hips tight and bites at his lips.

“Can we do a little more of that?”

Ray grins at Michael and looks to Ryan with big omega eyes. The alpha shakes his head though not to say no. He considers the two omega with a heavy heart. He wants, in a strange way, nothing more than to please the both of them. To sooth away Michael's longing and Ray's pent up energy and excitement.

“It's up to you Michael,” Ryan finally says and considers his omega with a tip of his head. “How about we get off the floor?”

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back